FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1898286-hilton-amex-aspire-250-resort-credit.html)

Kiwi Flyer Feb 12, 04 2:50 pm

Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit
 
Posts older than 2019 for this OPEN THREAD can be found in the

ARCHIVE THREAD for Hilto Amex Aspire $250 resort credit

Links to moved posts should still work.

Kiwi Flyer
Hilton HHonors forum moderator

GundamWing01 Dec 31, 18 5:02 pm


Originally Posted by Adam1222 (Post 30590739)
It shouldn't matter. What he described should be the case at literally all the reports on the list. I.e., this is how the benefit works.

in theory, youre right. it doesnt matter because thats how its "supposed to work". however, in practice, DP details are critical. im sure someone like you understands that. if I were to tell you amex airline GC credits posted successfully without further detail, are you not going to ask which airline and what denom? same thing. details are always helpful. nobody cares about an empty DP of how things were supposed to work just because its on some list. nobody wants to follow-up and hunt down credit if it can be avoided. especially if its a popular property, then DP details would be helpful for those knowing the credits posted successfully for someone else before their own visit. even BETTER if the credits posted for a property thats totally NOT supposed to work. then wouldnt such a DP be important? i think so.

raymondapex Dec 31, 18 11:43 pm

Will Cash paid for Booking with Points and Money be qualified for the $250 credit ?
 
Hi, If I book the resort with Points and Money, will the Money portion qualifies for the $250 statement credit ? Thanks and Happy New Year !

NWplatinum Jan 1, 19 6:35 am


Originally Posted by raymondapex (Post 30594027)
Hi, If I book the resort with Points and Money, will the Money portion qualifies for the $250 statement credit ? Thanks and Happy New Year !

I think the answer is yes. I don’t think it should matter. A rate is a rate. Also I think with my credit I used I paid cash and points.

tkduke77 Jan 6, 19 7:36 pm

Purchased lift tickets through the Concierge Desk for an upcoming stay with Hilton Whistler Resort and received the $250 resort credit in 2 days. Woot.

GundamWing01 Jan 7, 19 12:58 am

any more DPs getting 250 credit with the new WA Hilton in Vegas? Been staying all over Mlife, but just didnt have a chance to go WA yet.

btw, the HH resort link has WA Hilton vegas in a totally wrong state as noted in the wiki. "Las Vegas, CA, United States". HH should fix that. they are losing online traffic for a new property.

neutralist Jan 7, 19 9:36 pm

How long does it usually take for the credit to show up?

I have stayed one night back in December 21st at the Hilton Oak Brook resort. Not advance purchase. At checkout, because of processing error at the front desk they refund me $50 back to the card so it shows up as two different entry on the AMEX:

12/21/18 HILTON CHI OAK BRK H
OAK BROOK IL
Arrival Date Departure Date
12/21/18 12/21/18
00000000
LODGING
-$50.00

12/21/18 HILTON CHI OAK BRK H OAK BROOK IL
Arrival Date Departure Date
12/21/18 12/21/18
00000000
LODGING
$316.04

Will that refund somehow mess up the resort credit? How long I should wait before I call AMEX?

ezak Jan 8, 19 12:45 am


Originally Posted by neutralist (Post 30625367)
How long does it usually take for the credit to show up?

I have stayed one night back in December 21st at the Hilton Oak Brook resort. Not advance purchase. At checkout, because of processing error at the front desk they refund me $50 back to the card so it shows up as two different entry on the AMEX:

12/21/18 HILTON CHI OAK BRK H
OAK BROOK IL
Arrival Date Departure Date
12/21/18 12/21/18
00000000
LODGING
-$50.00

12/21/18 HILTON CHI OAK BRK H OAK BROOK IL
Arrival Date Departure Date
12/21/18 12/21/18
00000000
LODGING
$316.04

Will that refund somehow mess up the resort credit? How long I should wait before I call AMEX?

The exact same thing happened to me as well and unfortunately looks like the refund does mess up the credit. In my case, the chat agent only stepped in after 8 weeks has passed. Unless your credit is expiring very soon, I'd just wait, because you'll likely be told "it's still being processed" now. Also different chat/phone agents have really inconsistent takes on this credit. So if you get an uncooperative one, just HUCA and eventually someone will happily apply the credit manually.

ezak Jan 8, 19 12:49 am


Originally Posted by GundamWing01 (Post 30620793)
any more DPs getting 250 credit with the new WA Hilton in Vegas? Been staying all over Mlife, but just didnt have a chance to go WA yet.

btw, the HH resort link has WA Hilton vegas in a totally wrong state as noted in the wiki. "Las Vegas, CA, United States". HH should fix that. they are losing online traffic for a new property.

I'm really amazed that Hilton still hasn't fixed that California thing yet.

GundamWing01 Jan 8, 19 1:45 am


Originally Posted by ezak (Post 30625854)
I'm really amazed that Hilton still hasn't fixed that California thing yet.

exactly. its been months since open in aug. and its so easy to fix.

NWplatinum Jan 8, 19 5:01 am

With the “updated systems” Hilton’s been having a lot of problems...

StangGT909 Jan 8, 19 9:10 am

Has anyone bought any Delta gift cards now that it's 2019 and seen if the airline credit still goes through?

I had bought 5 x $50 last year, and found them to be somewhat hard with the 3 x limit per ticket. Has anyone tried a $100 card to see if that triggers that credit? That would be much preferred over $50's.

jbeckett Jan 8, 19 9:59 am


Originally Posted by StangGT909 (Post 30627069)
Has anyone bought any Delta gift cards now that it's 2019 and seen if the airline credit still goes through?

I had bought 5 x $50 last year, and found them to be somewhat hard with the 3 x limit per ticket. Has anyone tried a $100 card to see if that triggers that credit? That would be much preferred over $50's.

This thread is about the $250 resort credit. See this thread
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...s-dl-only.html
concerning the Delta airline credit.

StangGT909 Jan 8, 19 10:05 am


Originally Posted by jbeckett (Post 30627275)
This thread is about the $250 resort credit. See this thread
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...s-dl-only.html
concerning the Delta airline credit.

Sorry, confused this with the main Amex Hilton card thread

neutralist Jan 8, 19 12:07 pm


Originally Posted by ezak (Post 30625844)
The exact same thing happened to me as well and unfortunately looks like the refund does mess up the credit. In my case, the chat agent only stepped in after 8 weeks has passed. Unless your credit is expiring very soon, I'd just wait, because you'll likely be told "it's still being processed" now. Also different chat/phone agents have really inconsistent takes on this credit. So if you get an uncooperative one, just HUCA and eventually someone will happily apply the credit manually.

It will be cutting it close. Stay on 12/21/2018, annual fee will be billed on 03/28/2019. The AMEX T&C stated that up to 12 weeks for the credit to apply.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:21 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.