Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2019, 3:05 pm

I have a question about the recently changed rule concerning the $250 resort credit. As of August 1 it will only apply when booking non refundable rates. Does a point/cash stay still qualify for the credit?
Old Jul 3, 2019, 3:18 pm

where did u get that from
Old Jul 3, 2019, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by bigbellymonkey
where did u get that from
At the top of my Amex statement, along with one about the non lounge priority pass benefit going away. The exact statement says "Effective August 1, 2019, Advance Purchase/Non Refundable rates purchased on or after this date are no longer eligible for the $250 Resort Statement Credit. You can continue to receive the credit for other Hilton rates using your Card at eligible resorts".

I can't find anything about this "enhancement" on the AMEX website.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 3:38 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by worldtrav
At the top of my Amex statement, along with one about the non lounge priority pass benefit going away. The exact statement says "Effective August 1, 2019, Advance Purchase/Non Refundable rates purchased on or after this date are no longer eligible for the $250 Resort Statement Credit. You can continue to receive the credit for other Hilton rates using your Card at eligible resorts".

Right, so it applies to (just about) everything except the Advance Purchase/non-refundable rates. All the rest are (still) good.

Cheers.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 4:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by vandesa
I have heard that some peoples credits posting take longer, but others seems to within a day a 2. Not sure why? If your Maldives posts that would likely chew up your entire credit I image. As nothing Cheap about the Maldives, but I did love Rangali. If you get a credit for Fiji, please post. That is some trip you are taking Maldives, Fiji then Hawaii. Wow.
Fiji did get Aspire credit nearly immediately, as did Grand Wailea. Conrad came back 3 weeks later and credited too. Chalking that up to I switched products from Ascend to Aspire shortly before using it in the Maldives. Enjoy Fiji!
Old Jul 5, 2019, 7:35 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
My Aspire credit - for a June 9 charge at the CR Maldives - posted today. So, about a month. ^
Old Jul 6, 2019, 11:47 am

Programs: AA,UA,BA,DL,WN
DP: My Aspire credit posted in ~4 days from WA Maui.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 12:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by worldtrav

Non lounge PP is going away? I just signed up last week! I do have Chase Sapphire Reserve though, hopefully that still works.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 1:14 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by uastarflyer

Non lounge PP is going away? I just signed up last week! I do have Chase Sapphire Reserve though, hopefully that still works.
This was well-covered before last week. It is for all Amex cards. See this thread from about 6 weeks ago

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1971621-amex-usa-priority-pass-will-exclude-restaurants-august-2019-a.html

Last edited by Adam1222; Jul 6, 2019 at 2:38 pm
Old Jul 10, 2019, 8:14 am

DP: Booked WA Orlando on July 5, posted on July 7, resort credit posted on July 9. All on the semi-flex rate.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 12:26 pm

I use the $250 credit to book room at Hilton Ha noi in Vietnam, and I need to call in because it not credit for me. After 8-10 weeks I call to speak with 3 different rep and they refuse to credit it to me since this property is not on the list??? anyone can advice me on this? thanks!
Old Jul 10, 2019, 1:11 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Is it on the list?
Old Jul 10, 2019, 2:08 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by newdaybegin
I use the $250 credit to book room at Hilton Ha noi in Vietnam, and I need to call in because it not credit for me. After 8-10 weeks I call to speak with 3 different rep and they refuse to credit it to me since this property is not on the list??? anyone can advice me on this? thanks!
It isn't on the list; and thus you cannot use the credit. It is not a resort.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 12:37 am

Originally Posted by NWplatinum
Booked in Dubai at Hilton "The Walk" and my $220 in charges was completely taken care of a few days after check-in. I was also upgraded to a King Loft suite. Beautiful property, lovely staff, and actually looking forward to stopping off in Dubai again there. Love the Aspire card. I'd also note things like airport transportation were taken care of. ANYTHING put on your folio is taken care of up to the $250 credit which is nice because you can have charges picked up you wouldn't expect would be taken care of.
Did you book this through the Hilton website, or in person at the hotel?
Old Jul 11, 2019, 1:12 am

I booked an upcoming award stay on Conrad Bora Bora butnwill have charges for upgrade, dining and other things. Should I expect to get the $250 credit? Also, my wife has this card too and my plan is to charge $250-300 to her card and the rest to me. The stay is under my name.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.