Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2019, 4:51 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by gvaughn
So you’re saying if your card anniversary is mid year you can claim double airline credits by calendar year during a single year of card membership? I highly doubt it.
Yes, you can.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by lucjos0224
I currently have a points stay booked at the Grand Wailea in May of 2020. I have seen where others have contacted international resorts (Conrad Maldives, etc.) and made a payment in advance towards their account to trigger the $250 credit. Does this still work and has anyone had success doing it at a US resort? I just got the card and my first closing date is 7/8 (when the annual fee posts and hence my anniversary date).

I am wondering if I called up the Grand Wailea and attempted to make a $1,000 payment towards my account if it would trigger the $250 credit plus the $200 off $1000 Amex offer for Hilton Hotels in Hawaii along with the $100 off $500 for Conrad and Waldorf Astoria. Any thoughts on whether or not this would work? Would be great because then I could use my $250 again next year when I stay and I'm betting there will be another Amex offer (there has been 2 years in a row).
That's entirely hotel dependent, no reason not to call the hotel and give it a shot. If they will charge you in advance then you should get all the credits.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 9:17 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
I had a recent work meeting prebooked for me at the corporate rate at a Hilton resort. I didn't put 2 + 2 together that this credit would work. I did use the Aspire, and noticed the credit on my statement. Very nice to see!
Old Jun 19, 2019, 11:59 am

Programs: AS MVPG75K / HIlton Diamond
Upgraded Ascend card to aspire 6/4. Headed to hawaii 6/7.

Checked out of rewards stay at Hilton Waikoloa Village 6/16.

$200 Credit on Amex (Spend $1000 get $200 Back Hilton Hawaii Offer) 6/18

$250 Resort Credit posted 6/18
Old Jun 22, 2019, 12:01 am

Originally Posted by Flyingwith5
I probably gonna do the latter. Going to cancel the hotel after I completed the June stayed. It will be interesting since people are not seeing credit posted right away and even 8 weeks out. I will report back how this all plays out. I just hope it will be resolved before my Sept anniversary date to avoid any issue with my new $250 credit.
Trip report. Booked 3 nights using free weekend cert. Had 2 $250 resort credits. Total oop $30.

Received an email from the Concierge 3 weeks prior to my trip. I RSVP dinner at HumuHumu and asked told them the reason for my trip (celebrating our anniversary) and ask if they can upgrade my room. Concierge was not able to make the upgrade but she forward my request to front desk. Somehow at front desk emailed and told me the upgraded my room to Deluxe Ocean Front.
During our arrival, the valet guy asked for my last name and greeted me by my first name. During our check in, the front desk wish us a Happy Anniversary and gave a voucher for a free bottle of sparkling champagne. I wasn't expecting it since they already upgraded the room so it was a nice surprise. .
We got free continental breakfast for Diamond member which was a plate with fruits, pastry and yogurt. Upgrade for full buffet is $27/pax. We upgrade only for 1 day and that was good enough. I prefer spending the $27 at Bistro Molokini. Ate there twice for dinner. HumuHumu is pricey $$ while portion is small. Foods were good but if it wasn't for the resort credit I wouldn't blow my money there.

Overall we enjoyed the resort and everything about it. Total spent was $530 (food & parking). I was able to split the charges on two Aspire cards. About 3 days later received the resort credit.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA PLT LT & 2MM, HH D, MAR PLT EL LT
I am interested in this same answer is the Hilton Fiji Resort considered. I did go to hilton.com/resorts website and let me tell you that is not the easiest page to find anything on. And the info is inconsistent.

This resort in Fiji appears when you do a search, but here is NO details or book button below like many other resorts on the list. If you look in map view this resort is NOT on the list. It appears only the ones with the Book option trigger that rendering on the map. The DoubleTree Fiji being that case.

So I got on a chat session with hilton. The rep confirmed is was a Resort designation. He even told me to keep the Chat as proof. So I did.

So unless someone proves otherwise, I am assuming this resort is good to receive the credit.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 12:57 pm

I had Aspire card which I downgraded to Hilton no fee card in April '19. I had used resort credit and airline credit before downgrading. In Jun '19 I had upgrade offer on this no fee card to upgrade to Aspire with 150k HH points and all other benefits which comes with Aspire, so I upgraded it. Now, when I try to enroll in Airline benefit it says I've already used my benefit, same with Hilton resort credit. I did get free weekend night and Chat confirmed I've 150k HH point offfer attached to this card after 4k spend. Has anyone seen this before?
Old Jun 23, 2019, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by jasmians
I had Aspire card which I downgraded to Hilton no fee card in April '19. I had used resort credit and airline credit before downgrading. In Jun '19 I had upgrade offer on this no fee card to upgrade to Aspire with 150k HH points and all other benefits which comes with Aspire, so I upgraded it. Now, when I try to enroll in Airline benefit it says I've already used my benefit, same with Hilton resort credit. I did get free weekend night and Chat confirmed I've 150k HH point offfer attached to this card after 4k spend. Has anyone seen this before?
This is really an Amex related question, I'd recommend asking over on the Amex forum where the Amex experts can chime in.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by gvaughn

So you’re saying if your card anniversary is mid year you can claim double airline credits by calendar year during a single year of card membership? I highly doubt it.
absolutely, if you are savvy enough you could technically get 3 rounds of airline credits while paying 1 annual fee.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 11:20 pm

Suggestions?

I am planning to stay at Conrad Maldives about 1 year from today (6/22-6/28). If I upgrade to Aspire now (one year card anniversary would fall between the dates I'm there), is it possible to get the $250 credit twice for that stay? Do the credits work like this?
From reading the first few threads seems like the credits may not post for weeks...
Old Jun 24, 2019, 1:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by vandesa
I am interested in this same answer is the Hilton Fiji Resort considered. I did go to hilton.com/resorts website and let me tell you that is not the easiest page to find anything on. And the info is inconsistent.

This resort in Fiji appears when you do a search, but here is NO details or book button below like many other resorts on the list. If you look in map view this resort is NOT on the list. It appears only the ones with the Book option trigger that rendering on the map. The DoubleTree Fiji being that case.

So I got on a chat session with hilton. The rep confirmed is was a Resort designation. He even told me to keep the Chat as proof. So I did.

So unless someone proves otherwise, I am assuming this resort is good to receive the credit.
@vandesa on property at the Hilton fiji now. Our stay at the conrad Maldives week or two back did not trigger credit. Hoping this and the grand wailea which we are heading to next will
Old Jun 24, 2019, 6:34 am

Programs: AA PLT LT & 2MM, HH D, MAR PLT EL LT
Originally Posted by sam_goh
@vandesa on property at the Hilton fiji now. Our stay at the conrad Maldives week or two back did not trigger credit. Hoping this and the grand wailea which we are heading to next will
I have heard that some peoples credits posting take longer, but others seems to within a day a 2. Not sure why? If your Maldives posts that would likely chew up your entire credit I image. As nothing Cheap about the Maldives, but I did love Rangali. If you get a credit for Fiji, please post. That is some trip you are taking Maldives, Fiji then Hawaii. Wow.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I know the $250 credit is renewed every cardmember year, but in this case, what exactly is the cardmember year?

My wife applied for Surpass a few years ago on 5/31. After a year, she downgraded to free Hilton card. On 12/2/18, she upgraded to Aspire and was charged 5 months of the annual fee January 2019. So does the $250 renew on 5/31? 12/2? Or the date in January she was charged the annual fee? She used her credit late April to early May.
Anybody know the answer to this?
Old Jun 25, 2019, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA

Anybody know the answer to this?
It sounds to me like your cardmember year is based on when your wife originally signed up for the Surpass card. The downgrades and upgrades to the product shouldn't change the actual account history. So it should have renewed in May. This is what makes sense to me, but if you really want to be sure, check the Benefits section of your online account. There should be a tracker showing how much of your credits you've used YTD.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 12:48 am

Originally Posted by kenbo
It sounds to me like your cardmember year is based on when your wife originally signed up for the Surpass card. The downgrades and upgrades to the product shouldn't change the actual account history. So it should have renewed in May. This is what makes sense to me, but if you really want to be sure, check the Benefits section of your online account. There should be a tracker showing how much of your credits you've used YTD.
On the app, there is a tracker for the $250 airline credit, but not for the resort credit. Is it different on the desktop website?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.