Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2019, 11:19 am

Was told by Amex that in October, $250 credit won't count for resorts, only Hilton hotels. She couldn't explain what that change really meant.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 11:25 am

gvaughn I’m not sure that makes sense. It only works for resorts listed on the Amex site. I am trying to figure out if ocean towers officially counts for Amex as part of the Waikoloa village resorts and thus for credit. I know it is in its name, but was wondering if anyone had any first hand experience.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 11:33 am

Why wouldn’t the $250 resort credit work on resorts? My late April stay in Hawaiian Village Waikiki got the $250 resort credit as well as the $200 Hawaiian property credit.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Why wouldn’t the $250 resort credit work on resorts? My late April stay in Hawaiian Village Waikiki got the $250 resort credit as well as the $200 Hawaiian property credit.
Was offered the upgrade to Aspire yesterday, when called into Amex. Was told by CSR that beginning 10/2019 it will change. But she could not explain what was really changing. Said will be for Hilton hotels, but not resorts.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 6:13 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
Originally Posted by gvaughn

Was offered the upgrade to Aspire yesterday, when called into Amex. Was told by CSR that beginning 10/2019 it will change. But she could not explain what was really changing. Said will be for Hilton hotels, but not resorts.
I think the rep was confused by the rule change, lets see if others confirm..
Old Jun 8, 2019, 6:41 pm

New rule?

What are the new rules you are referring to?
Old Jun 8, 2019, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by Caroline Clark
What are the new rules you are referring to?
see post 849, plus messages after...
Old Jun 9, 2019, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by Caroline Clark
Has anyone tried and verified that if staying at the Ocean Tower in Waikoloa counts toward part of the Hilton aspire $250 yearly resort credit options? I know the main Waikoloa village does. Thank you in advance
Stayed at the Ocean Tower in February and credit posted automatically. As far as I can tell, the entire resort complex share one front desk and should be billed the same way and my statement just says Hilton Waikoloa.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 9:00 pm

Will be going to the Big Island next week and staying in a condo. I still have the $250 Hilton resort credit to use and don't have a resort stay planned prior to it concluding. I am thinking of having a nice dinner or perhaps spa treatment at the Hilton Waikoloa although I would not be an overnight guest there. However I would hate to make these charges and have them be ineligible for the statement credit. Does anyone have any experience with having done this successfully?
Old Jun 11, 2019, 11:12 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, AAdvantage Gold, Southwest A-List Preferred, Bonvoy Gold
Paid Honors Discount rate for Grand Wailea on a four night (10/23-10/27) booking on 5/26. Deposit of $990 for the stay required for that property, apparently? Payment ($990) posted on 6/6, Resort Credit reimbursement posted 6/10.

Was hoping to apply the $250 Resort Credit on my paid stay at Hilton Surfer's Paradise in August, but this was a pleasant surprise I guess. Coupled with the current Waldorf-Astoria Amex offer ($100 back when you spend $500), I just saved $350 and am absolutely loving the Amex ecosystem/benefits.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Redeemed
Will be going to the Big Island next week and staying in a condo. I still have the $250 Hilton resort credit to use and don't have a resort stay planned prior to it concluding. I am thinking of having a nice dinner or perhaps spa treatment at the Hilton Waikoloa although I would not be an overnight guest there. However I would hate to make these charges and have them be ineligible for the statement credit. Does anyone have any experience with having done this successfully?
In general, it works if it's billed directly by the hotel. So people have gotten something similar to that to work at other hotels.

And you might have trouble finding datapoints on a specific property being used this way before next week. For example, people have gotten it for ancillary purchases on awards stays at other properties. So Amex doesn't tend to know or care whether it's a room booking or not, just that it's something billed to one of the resorts on the list and paid for in person while there.

How long are you going to be there? The "safe' way would be to do a small-amount "test" (say, get a coffee or whatever at the restaurant), and see if that works, before doing a larger amount. But that may require waiting a few days perhaps between the "test" case and the "real" case, and so you have to be in the area long enough to do both.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 9:27 am

That sounds like a good plan. I will be there 6 nights so maybe I’ll try that the first night and if it works splurge on lunch the day I leave.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 11:52 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Good to see this update. It's been almost a week for me and no credit (also CR Maldives). Will wait another week or so.

Originally Posted by JRV62
Just a DP, when my credit did not appear from our stay at the Conrad Maldives after 1 week, I called in,they told me to call back after another week and if it hadn't been credited by then they would manually do the credit. Sure enough called 1 week later and they credited both mine and my wifes account.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 4:02 pm

looks like the cheapest at $200 but with tax and resort fee, it comes to $254. That will cover my free night with the aspire resort credit right? Will pay $4 and plus the $31 parking fee for one night?

I have 6 nights already booked on points at a homewood suites in San diego and maybe I can call and cancel one night from this and stay a night at the Hilton Lo Jolla to use the $250 credit for one night stay? Going there for a week. Would be nice if I can go use the $250 credit for a meal at any of the resort list for a meal or giftcard purchase. Thanks for your advice

Last edited by Blueskyheaven; Jun 12, 2019 at 4:11 pm
Old Jun 12, 2019, 4:40 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
looks like the cheapest at $200 but with tax and resort fee, it comes to $254. That will cover my free night with the aspire resort credit right? Will pay $4 and plus the $31 parking fee for one night?

I have 6 nights already booked on points at a homewood suites in San diego and maybe I can call and cancel one night from this and stay a night at the Hilton Lo Jolla to use the $250 credit for one night stay? Going there for a week. Would be nice if I can go use the $250 credit for a meal at any of the resort list for a meal or giftcard purchase. Thanks for your advice

Is the $200 rate advance purchase or pay at the hotel? You need a "pay at the hotel" rate to get the Aspire resort credit.

It is unlikely that you will be able to cancel one night from an existing reservation. You can try by calling the hotel. It is more likely that you will need to cancel the existing six night reservation and book a new five night reservation. If you have sufficient points in your account, book the new one first, then cancel the existing one. Do not assume that you will be able to cancel the existing reservation then immediately book a new one. You may find that award rooms are not available or are more costly in points than you expect.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.