Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2019, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch

Change To Resort Credit On Aspire (DoC)

Summary: Advance purchase reservations will no longer count for resort credit effective August 1.
That is unfortunate. The combination of this and the AA gift cards no longer working may tank the card for me.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 9:43 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Ord Liza
That is unfortunate. The combination of this and the AA gift cards no longer working may tank the card for me.
When did the AA gift cards stop working? They worked for me earlier in 2019.

As for the advance purchase issue - that never worked anyway. They are just codifying it. That is, the charge always had to come from the hotel and advance purchase didn't (at least that's what the bloggers are reporting).
Old Jun 4, 2019, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
When did the AA gift cards stop working? They worked for me earlier in 2019.

As for the advance purchase issue - that never worked anyway. They are just codifying it. That is, the charge always had to come from the hotel and advance purchase didn't (at least that's what the bloggers are reporting).
AA gift cards haven't been coded to be credited since, if I recall, February 2019. See the thread in the Amex forum.

Advance purchase rates outside of the U.S. have worked fine but apparently won't after July. The problem was with advance purchase reservations in the U.S, because they were processed through a central billing system, not by the individual hotels. I wonder what happens to the semi-flex rates where you have up to 3 days before arrival to cancel?
Old Jun 4, 2019, 11:07 am

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Advance purchase rates outside of the U.S. have worked fine but apparently won't after July. The problem was with advance purchase reservations in the U.S, because they were processed through a central billing system, not by the individual hotels. I wonder what happens to the semi-flex rates where you have up to 3 days before arrival to cancel?
I can't see how Amex would know whether a charge from a resort outside of the U.S. was for an advance purchase rate or not. Amex has no insight into the Hilton reservation.

I suspect that there is no actual change in how the resort credit works, and it is just a rewording of the terms and conditions so that it is clear that advance purchase charges for hotels in the U.S. will not receive the credit.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by jbeckett
I suspect that there is no actual change in how the resort credit works, and it is just a rewording of the terms and conditions so that it is clear that advance purchase charges for hotels in the U.S. will not receive the credit.
Exactly what I thinking as well.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 11:59 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
AA gift cards haven't been coded to be credited since, if I recall, February 2019. See the thread in the Amex forum.

Feb makes sense, since I got credits in Jan 2019.

So what are we left with for the airline credits? Do any GCs with any airline work? Or do we really have to redeem for seat upgrades, food, movies, etc?
Old Jun 4, 2019, 12:13 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Feb makes sense, since I got credits in Jan 2019.

So what are we left with for the airline credits? Do any GCs with any airline work? Or do we really have to redeem for seat upgrades, food, movies, etc?
Have a look at the various threads in the American Express forum
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...p-rewards-410/

There is a thread for each airline. Last time I looked a few months ago, Southwest and Delta were still working for gift cards.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...s-dl-only.html
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...west-only.html
Old Jun 4, 2019, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by jbeckett
I can't see how Amex would know whether a charge from a resort outside of the U.S. was for an advance purchase rate or not. Amex has no insight into the Hilton reservation.

I hope so.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 4:21 pm

Is it possible to likewise collect the Resort Credit through buying Hilton GC's? If a resort sells GC's at the front desk and one buys them w/o staying there, would that purchase still trigger the credit?
Old Jun 4, 2019, 6:05 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by MaxVO
Is it possible to likewise collect the Resort Credit through buying Hilton GC's? If a resort sells GC's at the front desk and one buys them w/o staying there, would that purchase still trigger the credit?
You can search this thread for "gift cards" or "gift certificate"
Old Jun 5, 2019, 5:40 am

Programs: United, delta, AA, Alaskan, Frontier, Hilton Gold, Hyatt, Chase Sapphire
Have a points stay at the Grand Wailea in Maui in December but my resort credit expires at the end of October. Any way of using the credit?
Old Jun 5, 2019, 6:46 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Alaska,Delta Silver

$100 HILTON ON-PROPERTY CREDIT‡

With your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card, book a 2 night minimum stay at HiltonHonors.com/aspirecard and get up to $100 in credits for qualifying charges at participating Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts and Conrad Hotels & Resorts.‡

I tried booking a two night reward stay at Conrad Miami using above link to obtain the $100 credit for food and beverage. It would not accept booking offer. I called and rep at H customer service tried also which was rejected for offer. How do you know if Conrad Miami is or is not participating?.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 7:13 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by JetstreamJ

$100 HILTON ON-PROPERTY CREDIT‡

With your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card, book a 2 night minimum stay at HiltonHonors.com/aspirecard and get up to $100 in credits for qualifying charges at participating Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts and Conrad Hotels & Resorts.‡

I tried booking a two night reward stay at Conrad Miami using above link to obtain the $100 credit for food and beverage. It would not accept booking offer. I called and rep at H customer service tried also which was rejected for offer. How do you know if Conrad Miami is or is not participating?.
You can't do a reward stay and get the $100 credit. It is a special revenue rate. It's possible that special rate is simply not available the days you want.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 12:47 am

Originally Posted by jhangilp
I live right next to an eligible resort property and they sell gift cards for that specific resort, I am wondering if I can just buy those gift cards without actually staying and have the resort credit trigger. I am thinking yes as long as the charge goes through the resort itself. Does anyone have any experience with this or thoughts?
I didn't see a report back to see if this worked, could you let us know please?
Old Jun 8, 2019, 11:17 am

Ocean tower

Has anyone tried and verified that if staying at the Ocean Tower in Waikoloa counts toward part of the Hilton aspire $250 yearly resort credit options? I know the main Waikoloa village does. Thank you in advance

Last edited by Caroline Clark; Jun 8, 2019 at 11:22 am Reason: Edit

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.