Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2019, 1:45 pm

Is there anyway to check if the resort credit renewed on my card?
Old May 16, 2019, 3:14 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Just a DP, when my credit did not appear from our stay at the Conrad Maldives after 1 week, I called in,they told me to call back after another week and if it hadn't been credited by then they would manually do the credit. Sure enough called 1 week later and they credited both mine and my wifes account.
Old May 17, 2019, 1:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
[QUOTE=frudd38;31085596]My AP charges posted as Hilton Tokyo Bay credited in 1-2 days, but the on property charge (flex rate) at check out posted as TOKYO BAY HILTON HOTEL and has yet to be credited after 4 days.

Update: still not credit so it looks like the front desk charge is not recognized by Amex while the AP charges by the back office/accounting just a week before credited just fine. This could be the reason for other properties where people have conflicting DP's. Looks like I'll have to wait the full 12 weeks to inquire..
Old May 17, 2019, 2:14 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Worked for me automatically. Embassy Suites Waikiki and Hilton Waikiki Beach
Old May 19, 2019, 1:33 pm

Programs: United, delta, AA, Alaskan, Frontier, Hilton Gold, Hyatt, Chase Sapphire
Las Vegas stay?

Looking at a 2 night stay in October. Want to use 250 resort fee credit and or Hilton points for one night. Then one night in a Ceasars property to use my Total reward benefits. Thanks for any ideas.
Old May 19, 2019, 1:59 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by shanna135
Looking at a 2 night stay in October. Want to use 250 resort fee credit and or Hilton points for one night. Then one night in a Ceasars property to use my Total reward benefits. Thanks for any ideas.
What kind of "ideas"? Did you look at the rates of Hilton resorts in Las Vegas?
Old May 22, 2019, 3:25 pm

Programs: Hostelworld.com Diamond Plated Platinum
Just to add another data point:

I paid for the Hilton Malta, advanced booking paid in full, and did not receive the credit. It has now been 5 weeks, so I think I need to wait the full 12 weeks and request it then.

On a side note, this booking also did not earn the full 14x points for Hilton spend. I only got 3x. AMEX chat agent said that it is not a Hilton Hotel & Resort. Called in, and got a request for the points to post to my account.

Maybe it is just something with the way this hotel codes things. Seems odd it is both points and credits not working for me.

Hilton Whistler worked last year when i did it, no problem.
Old May 22, 2019, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by AJCU
Just to add another data point:

I paid for the Hilton Malta, advanced booking paid in full, and did not receive the credit. It has now been 5 weeks, so I think I need to wait the full 12 weeks and request it then.

On a side note, this booking also did not earn the full 14x points for Hilton spend. I only got 3x. AMEX chat agent said that it is not a Hilton Hotel & Resort. Called in, and got a request for the points to post to my account.

Maybe it is just something with the way this hotel codes things. Seems odd it is both points and credits not working for me.

Hilton Whistler worked last year when i did it, no problem.
You mean $250 resort credit? If you prepaid the hotel in advance, $250 resort credit does not apply. See terms & conditions again. Only the items you post pay at check out (including all room charges, daily room rates) qualify for $250 resort credit.

Last edited by paulzone2k; May 22, 2019 at 4:19 pm Reason: error
Old May 22, 2019, 4:11 pm

Prepaid for Hilton resort hotels works for the $250 credit.
Maybe it doesnt work for all hotels in the resorts category
Old May 22, 2019, 7:29 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by HawaiiO
Prepaid for Hilton resort hotels works for the $250 credit.
Maybe it doesnt work for all hotels in the resorts category
As has been discussed in a couple dozen posts:
It does not work for US properties, since the payment is posted by Hilton central reservations, not the property. At foreign properties, the individual resort posts the purchase.
Old May 22, 2019, 9:10 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by Adam1222
As has been discussed in a couple dozen posts:
It does not work for US properties, since the payment is posted by Hilton central reservations, not the property. At foreign properties, the individual resort posts the purchase.
I just did a prepayment for a US hotel directly with the hotel - mainly to trigger the Amex Sync credit - but it is also a resort on the list. The hotel’s in-house reservations sent me a link directly and it seems to be processed by them (the actual property) although so far, it is only showing as Hilton Hotels and Resorts and not the name of the actual hotel. Fingers crossed it works for the resort credit as well. I wish there was some way to tell other than waiting for the credit to post.
Old May 23, 2019, 4:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by Finkface
I just did a prepayment for a US hotel directly with the hotel - mainly to trigger the Amex Sync credit - but it is also a resort on the list. The hotel’s in-house reservations sent me a link directly and it seems to be processed by them (the actual property) although so far, it is only showing as Hilton Hotels and Resorts and not the name of the actual hotel. Fingers crossed it works for the resort credit as well. I wish there was some way to tell other than waiting for the credit to post.
A prepayment by the hotel directly is different than an advance purchase rate billed by Hilton corporate. How long has it been since the charge actually posted? Give it at least 3 or 4 days from the date the charge posts before starting to worry.
Old May 23, 2019, 12:33 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
A prepayment by the hotel directly is different than an advance purchase rate billed by Hilton corporate. How long has it been since the charge actually posted? Give it at least 3 or 4 days from the date the charge posts before starting to worry.
The charge posted May 21 (the Amex Sync credit also posted immediately). On my account summary page, it just says Hilton Hotels and Resorts but when I click on the actual charge, it says “Will appear on your Jun 9 statement as HILTON (ACTUAL HOTEL NAME)”. I will report back if/when the resort credit posts.

The funny thing is that the name of the hotel shown in the detail on the Sync credit differs from the name of the hotel shown in the detail of the charge. It is definitely the same hotel but the name is shown quite differently. If I didn’t know this hotel well and why the name appears as it does in both cases, I would never think they were the same.
Old May 23, 2019, 7:04 pm

has anyone gotten the $250 credit when staying at Hilton Fiji Beach Resort and spa?
Old May 24, 2019, 5:47 pm

Programs: CX D, AF P, AA EP, UA G, Hilton D, Marriott Ti, IHG Plat
Charges posted from Conrad Maldives on April 23rd and still no credit issued. Contacted customer service through their online chat and they just said to wait 8-12 weeks.

My anniversary date is April 12th (assuming my anniversary date is the same date as when my renewal fee was posted). In March, I contacted the Conrad Maldives to have them do an advance payment of $250 and the credit posted within 48 hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.