Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2019, 12:56 pm

Side note .. I have a hilton offer for $100 back for spending $500. If I prepay some amount for my trip later this year, anyone think it will go through?
Old May 9, 2019, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by mikewhyatt
Side note .. I have a hilton offer for $100 back for spending $500. If I prepay some amount for my trip later this year, anyone think it will go through?
Will what go through? The Aspire resort credit? The Amex offer? Both?

It really doesn't matter I guess, as long as you have a charge from a qualifying property then both of the credits will go through. Amex doesn't care what you're buying, where you booked it, or that you're paying for a stay in the future or for someone else, etc. etc. All that matters is that a charge posts to Amex.

As mentioned not too far above, here is the correct thread for questions on Amex offers: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...nc-offers.html
Old May 9, 2019, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by sethb
Tell Amex that's a Hilton and ask them to review the charge.
Thanks for the advice. I just did. Frankly I had written it off.
I had to claim another credit, so I added this claim at the end of the chat. Supposed to be credited within 5 business days. I'll post an update if/when the credit posts.
Old May 9, 2019, 10:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by brentyb
Still no luck having credit post from Hilton Tokyo Bay. Called again the other day and still being told to wait the full 12 weeks. Im not sure why anything would take 3 months, but it seems they are determined to not look into it until then.
My AP charges posted as Hilton Tokyo Bay credited in 1-2 days, but the on property charge (flex rate) at check out posted as TOKYO BAY HILTON HOTEL and has yet to be credited after 4 days.

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
This varies from hotel to hotel, if the charge hasn't hit by close to your anniversary date you can always call the hotel directly and ask them to process the AP charge.
I second this - have done it with two hotels now for this purpose.
Old May 10, 2019, 12:03 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Is it possible to book a room for a family member on my Aspire card and get the $250 credit, even if I'm not staying at the hotel?
Old May 10, 2019, 12:57 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by saFlyTalk
Is it possible to book a room for a family member on my Aspire card and get the $250 credit, even if I'm not staying at the hotel?
if you are booking an international hotel with an advance purchase rate, yes.
If not, most hotels will only charge a card if they see the card and the cardholder is present. You can see if they will accept an authorization of some sort, but this has nothing to do with the Aspire credit, just using someone else's credit card.
Old May 10, 2019, 1:05 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
I booked a resort with a refundable deposit. The deposit was charged right away, and the resort credit was taken off (Part, the deposit was less than $250).

I have now cancelled the hotel. Will Amex take back the resort credit? (I think they should, since I'm not going). But I want to know about the resort credit going forward, since we are staying at another resort later this year. Say the deposit/credit was $50. If they take it back will that go back so I still have the full $250 to use? Or if they don't take it back, does that mean I still have $200 credit available at the future resort?
Old May 10, 2019, 1:44 pm

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
I booked a resort with a refundable deposit. The deposit was charged right away, and the resort credit was taken off (Part, the deposit was less than $250).

I have now cancelled the hotel. Will Amex take back the resort credit? (I think they should, since I'm not going). But I want to know about the resort credit going forward, since we are staying at another resort later this year. Say the deposit/credit was $50. If they take it back will that go back so I still have the full $250 to use? Or if they don't take it back, does that mean I still have $200 credit available at the future resort?
Instead of constantly dealing with hypotheticals and non-issues why not just wait and see what happens? If you don't receive the full resort credit contact Amex and explain the situation.
Old May 10, 2019, 3:51 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by BrlDsguise
Instead of constantly dealing with hypotheticals and non-issues why not just wait and see what happens? If you don't receive the full resort credit contact Amex and explain the situation.
Really? No one else has ever, ever asked if anyone was in a similar situation and what happened?
Old May 13, 2019, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by Wiclow61
Don't know if you guys want DPs, but I booked one night at the Hilton Waikoloa Village through priceline, completed the stay last week and charged room to Aspire. $250 and $50 reimbursed the day (today) after the charge posted on 5/6/2019.
How was the stay? Going there later this year so wanted to know some recent reviews.
Old May 14, 2019, 11:02 am

Posting lag

Stayed at a listed resort Friday into Saturday. 5/10-5/11. Charges are posted already but still haven’t seen a reimbursement. When do I have to start playing the long game and waiting 12 weeks to call?!

also how do you know if your resort credit is used. Does it show under benefits as used like the airline one does?

Reason I ask is because my anniversary date was 5/13 so want to see if I still have an eligible resort credit or if it uses this years because it hasn’t posted yet.
Old May 14, 2019, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by dhtravelerforlife123
Stayed at a listed resort Friday into Saturday. 5/10-5/11. Charges are posted already but still haven’t seen a reimbursement. When do I have to start playing the long game and waiting 12 weeks to call?!

also how do you know if your resort credit is used. Does it show under benefits as used like the airline one does?

Reason I ask is because my anniversary date was 5/13 so want to see if I still have an eligible resort credit or if it uses this years because it hasn’t posted yet.
For a checkout on 5/11 you're only 3 days past (1.5 business days), and in Amex terms probably even less than that depending on when the charge actually posts. I would give it at least 5 days from the time the charge actually posts before I would start worrying that you might have to get it posted manually.

There's no way to tell online whether you've used the credit or not like some of the other benefits (that I'm aware of). That's cutting it close, I don't recall any data points where the charge date was in a different cardmember year than the date the actual credit posts. All else being equal I would assume the date of the credit is what Amex keeps track of.
Old May 15, 2019, 8:18 am

What date do your charges show as having been incurred? I'm in a similar situation and have been assured that, even though the credit for "last year" will be manually applied in the "new year", I'll still get the "new year" credit too. I'll believe it when I see it, but at least my account is notated to say I will. If I were you, I would call Amex and have them notate your account.
Old May 15, 2019, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by Ord Liza
What date do your charges show as having been incurred? I'm in a similar situation and have been assured that, even though the credit for "last year" will be manually applied in the "new year", I'll still get the "new year" credit too. I'll believe it when I see it, but at least my account is notated to say I will. If I were you, I would call Amex and have them notate your account.
they say check out May 11th but posted on the 13th I guess.
Old May 16, 2019, 8:33 am

they say check out May 11th but posted on the 13th I guess.
posted last night. Btw Hilton stay was 14x points. The 50 off 250 refunded at 3x points so that’s a nice bonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.