Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2019, 8:21 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by StealyMan
Aha, perfect. I see it now. Thank you very much !

I have one more question about Dining here. There are 4 very nice restaurants here that you can enjoy a nice meal at. Do you believe these restaurants will be charged as Hilton Resort and trigger the resort credit or no?

Appreciate the info again!
No experience with that particular property. If you charge to your room, certainly. If you pay at the restaurant yourself, it depends on the relationship between the restaurant and the hotel and whether they have a separate credit card merchant account.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 8:24 pm

Programs: None
Great, will check it out when I get there.

Thanks a lot!

Cheers
Old May 4, 2019, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by Adam1222
Amex offers and your $250 credit have no relationship to one another. The $250 credit works in other countries, as many of us can attest to.
Here is a question, Amex Offers has two current promos, $50 back on $250 spend at Hilton Hotels and Resorts, and $200 back on $1000 spend at Hilton brand hotels in Hawaii. OF course the Aspire card as the $250 resort credit at Hilton Resorts. I believe I can stack all the offers right? So if I was to spend $1000 at the Hilton Hawaiian Village will Amex just see it as a $1000 spend and then apply all three credits and give me a total of $500 in credits? Or will I get screwed and will they apply the $250 Aspire credit first and then Amex will view the spend as actually being $750 and not $1000 and not give me the $200 credit?

Last edited by HIFlya; May 4, 2019 at 11:37 pm
Old May 5, 2019, 6:17 am

Has anyone had success using the $250 resort credit by purchasing a gift card from hilton.com?
Old May 5, 2019, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by HIFlya
Here is a question, Amex Offers has two current promos, $50 back on $250 spend at Hilton Hotels and Resorts, and $200 back on $1000 spend at Hilton brand hotels in Hawaii. OF course the Aspire card as the $250 resort credit at Hilton Resorts. I believe I can stack all the offers right? So if I was to spend $1000 at the Hilton Hawaiian Village will Amex just see it as a $1000 spend and then apply all three credits and give me a total of $500 in credits? Or will I get screwed and will they apply the $250 Aspire credit first and then Amex will view the spend as actually being $750 and not $1000 and not give me the $200 credit?
You should be able to stack all 3 offers as the Aspire resort credit and Amex offers all post independently of one another and are all based off the initial charge amount. The credits all come from the Amex side, not Hilton, so as far as Amex is concerned you spent $1000 not $1000-$250, etc.
Old May 5, 2019, 12:41 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by David Lin
Has anyone had success using the $250 resort credit by purchasing a gift card from hilton.com?
No, David.
Old May 5, 2019, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by David Lin
Welcome to FlyerTalk, David.

No, the $250 credit only works for a purchase billed to a property on the Hilton resort list.

So maybe a gift card (if available there) purchased at one of these properties might work, but definitely not anything billed to hilton.com.
Old May 5, 2019, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
You should be able to stack all 3 offers as the Aspire resort credit and Amex offers all post independently of one another and are all based off the initial charge amount. The credits all come from the Amex side, not Hilton, so as far as Amex is concerned you spent $1000 not $1000-$250, etc.
Thanks for the DP!
Old May 7, 2019, 9:36 am

Don't know if you guys want DPs, but I booked one night at the Hilton Waikoloa Village through priceline, completed the stay last week and charged room to Aspire. $250 and $50 reimbursed the day (today) after the charge posted on 5/6/2019.
Old May 8, 2019, 12:31 am

Spa at hotel del coronado got charged separately

Wife and I stayed at Hotel Del Coronado in San Diego to take advantage of the $250 resort credit, specifically she went for a $300 spa treatment (gratuity included). She triple check that they'll charge the spa to the room... And I asked the staff too before checking out Since and even asked for a receipt. The spa treatment was the same morning as checking out, so the hotel staff said the charge probably won't post til the next day. , Interesting.. Well, the charge showed up 2 days later separately under the txn: Spa at the Del. The charge doesn't even code as travel but merchandise - general retail.
should I try to call the hotel to see if they can fix the charge to the room... we're 2 days out from the check out date now...or would I have any luck trying the amex chat to get them to manually review the charge?
Old May 8, 2019, 5:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by silvervknight
Wife and I stayed at Hotel Del Coronado in San Diego to take advantage of the $250 resort credit, specifically she went for a $300 spa treatment (gratuity included). She triple check that they'll charge the spa to the room... And I asked the staff too before checking out Since and even asked for a receipt. The spa treatment was the same morning as checking out, so the hotel staff said the charge probably won't post til the next day. , Interesting.. Well, the charge showed up 2 days later separately under the txn: Spa at the Del. The charge doesn't even code as travel but merchandise - general retail.
should I try to call the hotel to see if they can fix the charge to the room... we're 2 days out from the check out date now...or would I have any luck trying the amex chat to get them to manually review the charge?
That is a tough one and a good learning lesson for those on here, i.e. if you want the credit you need to make double/triple sure that the charges post to your room/hotel.

Unfortunately I think you're in for a fight either way (hope I'm wrong), but I would start by calling the hotel. Just be honest and explain you needed the charge to come from the hotel for a credit card credit (and Honors points for that matter). Hopefully they will work you.

If that fails, you can always try Amex, although many of the chat reps are horrible. And they will typically make you wait 8 weeks before doing any manual adjustments associated with the Aspire resort credit.
Old May 8, 2019, 6:39 am

DoubleTree Resort by Hilton – Nungwi

I stayed at the DoubleTree Resort by Hilton – Nungwi (Zanzibar), using points, but I had $64.02 charge to my Amex Aspire for food and beverages.

The charge showed up as "NUNGWI VILLAGE BEACH", classified as Lodging. It was not recognized as a Hilton by Amex, so no additional bonus points and no resort credit.
Old May 9, 2019, 8:13 am

Programs: hilton gold,hyatt
Stayed in Hilton rockwall resort ,booked room with hh rate and some food charges directly to room and they credited me in 2 days.
I added the amex offer after checking out and day later and still got it.
Old May 9, 2019, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by jcsimard
I stayed at the DoubleTree Resort by Hilton – Nungwi (Zanzibar), using points, but I had $64.02 charge to my Amex Aspire for food and beverages.

The charge showed up as "NUNGWI VILLAGE BEACH", classified as Lodging. It was not recognized as a Hilton by Amex, so no additional bonus points and no resort credit.
Tell Amex that's a Hilton and ask them to review the charge.
Old May 9, 2019, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Wiclow61
Don't know if you guys want DPs, but I booked one night at the Hilton Waikoloa Village through priceline, completed the stay last week and charged room to Aspire. $250 and $50 reimbursed the day (today) after the charge posted on 5/6/2019.
Thanks. I always forget about Priceline since many of the properties charge in advance and I don't earn Diamond benefits.

However, it works, as you said, if you can pay at the hotel.

Just curious....Did you also get your Diamond benefits?
Do you think Priceline saved you a lot of money over booking at Hilton.com?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.