Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2019, 8:00 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by thebat
Where are you seeing the $50 Amex offer? On the Amex account page? Or the hotel website?
There is a program called "Amex Offers" which are accessible through the Amex website. Not all offers are available to everyone, or on every Amex card.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by haledjian
Yes, they can stack because the credits don't lower the price of your hotel bill, but rather is credited as a new line-item after the charges post on your account. Keep in mind the $250 resort credit is only eligible from the listed Hilton Hotels here: http://hilton.com/resort
The amex offer says expires on 05/30th, that means should be charged on or before that. Won't help if your stay is in June.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 8:26 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
That's exactly it. Your Amex statement would show a charge of $250 then a few days later 2 separate credits of $250 and $50.
I would not think so. The $50 Amex offer comes off immediately, and it seems the $250 Aspire Resort credit takes a little longer, therefore there'd only be $200 left, so you'd get the remaining $200 taken off.

I doubt they would they give you back more money than you spent. Has this actually happened to anyone?
Old Apr 16, 2019, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
I would not think so. The $50 Amex offer comes off immediately, and it seems the $250 Aspire Resort credit takes a little longer, therefore there'd only be $200 left, so you'd get the remaining $200 taken off.

I doubt they would they give you back more money than you spent. Has this actually happened to anyone?
No, these are 3 separate line items, both the resort credit and any Amex offers are based on your original charge amount. The Amex offer is a credit from Amex, not from the hotel against the original charge, so as far as the resort credit is concerned you spent $250 at the property not $250 - $50.

There are several data points in this thread where members have been able to receive both the resort credit and Amex offer on the same stay/charge (most recently post 646 above).
Old Apr 16, 2019, 9:54 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
No, these are 3 separate line items, both the resort credit and any Amex offers are based on your original charge amount. The Amex offer is a credit from Amex, not from the hotel against the original charge, so as far as the resort credit is concerned you spent $250 at the property not $250 - $50.

There are several data points in this thread where members have been able to receive both the resort credit and Amex offer on the same stay/charge (most recently post 646 above).
The total in post 646 was $698, so of course they would get back $250 plus another $50. I want to see if anyone got $250 plus $50 off a total charge of $250, which would be $50 more than they spent, which was the question that was asked just a few posts ago (post 740).

Last edited by Eujeanie; Apr 16, 2019 at 10:13 am
Old Apr 16, 2019, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
The amex offer says expires on 05/30th, that means should be charged on or before that. Won't help if your stay is in June.
I don't recall your post mentioning your stay is in June. Some hotels charge you the full room rate as a deposit prior to arriving. That would work if it's before the deadline. OR you can call the hotel directly and request a pre-payment so they can charge you the bill before the 5/31 deadline.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 7:53 pm

I have an Amex offer for $100 off $500 Waldorf astoria properties, and $200 off $1000 'Hilton Brand' properties. If I stay at a Waldorf Astoria and spend $1000 would I qualify for both, or just the Waldorf Astoria?
Old Apr 16, 2019, 9:46 pm

Ready to pull the trigger

I am ready to pull the trigger to get the card. Two questions, I have two Amex cards already along with other ones, do I need to proactively drop some credit limits on my cards to make sure I get instant approval? And if I get the instant number for the cars can I use it on non-Hilton purchases?
Old Apr 17, 2019, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
The total in post 646 was $698, so of course they would get back $250 plus another $50. I want to see if anyone got $250 plus $50 off a total charge of $250, which would be $50 more than they spent, which was the question that was asked just a few posts ago (post 740).
Fair enough, however given what we know about how these credits post there is nothing that would lead me to believe a $250 charge would be any different than a $698 charge. It's not as if some Amex analyst is reviewing each and every resort credit to make sure there isn't an Amex offer credited against the charge as well that makes it overall negative for Amex. The credits are automatic and independent of each other and based on the original charge amount.

In any event, I wouldn't lose sleep waiting for a perfect data point to confirm or deny this

Originally Posted by Boringbarry
I have an Amex offer for $100 off $500 Waldorf astoria properties, and $200 off $1000 'Hilton Brand' properties. If I stay at a Waldorf Astoria and spend $1000 would I qualify for both, or just the Waldorf Astoria?
You should get both, however I'd look/ask in the dedicated thread on Amex sync offers. This is the Aspire resort credit thread.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...ffers-169.html

Originally Posted by HIFlya
I am ready to pull the trigger to get the card. Two questions, I have two Amex cards already along with other ones, do I need to proactively drop some credit limits on my cards to make sure I get instant approval? And if I get the instant number for the cars can I use it on non-Hilton purchases?
I'd recommend asking over in the Amex forum as there is lots of discussion and data points about applying and moving credit around, odds of approval, etc. This is the Aspire resort credit thread.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...p-rewards-410/

Last edited by Canarsie; Aug 5, 2020 at 12:26 pm Reason: Consolidation.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 6:07 am

Programs: HH, IHG
AO is applicable to US properties only, just heads up
Old Apr 17, 2019, 12:46 pm

I live right next to an eligible resort property and they sell gift cards for that specific resort, I am wondering if I can just buy those gift cards without actually staying and have the resort credit trigger. I am thinking yes as long as the charge goes through the resort itself. Does anyone have any experience with this or thoughts?
Old Apr 17, 2019, 11:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by jhangilp
I live right next to an eligible resort property and they sell gift cards for that specific resort, I am wondering if I can just buy those gift cards without actually staying and have the resort credit trigger. I am thinking yes as long as the charge goes through the resort itself. Does anyone have any experience with this or thoughts?
The terms say that gift cards aren't eligible, but I haven't tried it yet. I will, assuming the gift cards are valid at any Hilton brand hotel.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jhangilp
I apologize for not being more helpful, but you could always try to buy the lowest amount, like $10 or $25, wait a few days and see.

I use the same strategy when buying airline gift cards if I am unsure if the airline credit will trigger. Good Luck.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 9:14 pm

Programs: UA Plat/AA,DL Dirt/HH Diamond,Hyatt Something-ist/Hz Prez,Avis Pres Club
In March, I had one night of a 5-night stay billed a few days before the actual stay at Hilton Orlando and the total with tax was between $250 and $300; the $250 resort credit and $50 promo which in total exceeded the charge from Hilton Orlando both credited within a couple days of the charge.
What would help me if they did want to check for some reason was that the rest of the bill hit a couple days after my stay, for about $1100--so if they wanted to claw back any resort credit from the first transaction, they'd just have to pay it on the second. But they never did claw it back (so far anyway and no sign they will).
Old Apr 20, 2019, 9:23 pm

Does anyone know whether a "deposit" charged by a US Hilton resort property as part of booking a flexible rate online for a future date would be charged by central advance reservations in TN or by the property itself? Trying to figure out whether that deposit would trigger the Aspire resort credit. Any DPs or knowledge appreciated. Thanks all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.