Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Old Mar 12, 2019, 8:48 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by gvaughn
ok, now that I've re-read through the benefits and checked-out the Priority Pass website, it appears that the Priority Pass can be applied for an unlimited number of visits for you and up to 2 guests. Do all cardholders get their own Priority Pass Select account, or is it just one per Aspire account? I specifically ask this based on info from Forbes: https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnnyj.../#89100eb29d7b

Specifically the Forbes article states: "Authorized credit card users can get their own Priority Pass membership"
This really isn't the thread to discuss all your questions about Priority Pass. But every credit card has a different Priority Pass benefit. On this card, authorized users do not get a second set of benefits, including a second Priority Pass benefit. note the "article" is an ad.

To be blunt, if you plan on using Priority Pass once in an entire year, you are already spending too much time for it to be worth it. Priority Pass lounges aren't so great, and much cheaper cards have similar benefits.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by Adam1222
This really isn't the thread to discuss all your questions about Priority Pass. But every credit card has a different Priority Pass benefit. On this card, authorized users do not get a second set of benefits, including a second Priority Pass benefit. note the "article" is an ad.

To be blunt, if you plan on using Priority Pass once in an entire year, you are already spending too much time for it to be worth it. Priority Pass lounges aren't so great, and much cheaper cards have similar benefits.
Fair enough.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by slivrflyr
hi guys. staying at a resort but i booked it via citi prestige, which will credit me back 4th night if i pay the hotel bill with the citi card. what is a good way to use the aspire credit? can i use the card at the hotel restaurant or must it only be used at the checkout? and if that i the case, can i have them split the bill at checkout? when citi booked my stay, they booked estimate $200 x4. when the bill arrives, let's say it is $800 in room rate + misc in taxes plus $300 in food. can i have the hotel split tender and charge $250 to aspire and the rest to the citi? would this work? thank you.
Take a look through this thread and the wiki FAQ, this exact question was just asked and answered a few posts above (posts 596 & 597).
Old Mar 13, 2019, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by UsernameChuck

So I know amex says the card member year runs from approval, but what about upgrades? Will I (1) have a month between signing up and non pro rated af posting to use $250, or (2) get $250 immediately for 365 days, and then it resets one month before the next af posts. You see what I'm asking? With an upgrade, seems hard to discern when it will reset.
Recently, I was told by a rep (who said it was her understanding and that she had checked with a supervisor) that when you upgrade, you are eligible for the credit immediately and that your eligibility re-sets on your original renewal date. So, if you upgrade on March 1st and your renewal date for the card you upgraded is April 15th, you have a $250 credit available between 3/1 and 4/14 and another $250 credit available 4/15 through 4/14 of the next year. If she is right, the approval date for the upgrade is irrelevant. Having said all of the that, I do not intend to cut it too close on the dates just in case.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
We also always fly through PDX or SEA and I can make up the annual fee in Priority Pass alone.
Be careful with that assumption, often those particular AS lounges are saying they are "temporarily" not accepting Priority Pass due to crowding or whatever.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 1:43 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Be careful with that assumption, often those particular AS lounges are saying they are "temporarily" not accepting Priority Pass due to crowding or whatever.
I was under the impression that all the AS lounges completely stopped taking PP last December? Do they still?

Where we use them is B/L/D at Capers Café in PDX, or in The Club at SEA near the A gates. Much better/more variety of food at both those options than either pancakes or soup.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
I'm also almost an exclusively AS flyer. We used to be MVPgold, where you can make as many changes, SDCs, cancellations as you want. This year we dropped from MVP GOLD to plain old MVP, and one change, cancellation, not caused by the airline (but our choice) will pay for itself.

We also always fly through PDX or SEA and I can make up the annual fee in Priority Pass alone.
If I didn't already have the CSR, I would have definitely had this as a selling point, although with a family of 4 now, having the two guest restriction sucks and means I would need another PP membership to get into certain lounges.

What is available for PP in SEA now? I heard the restaurant that was supposed to be accepting it isn't doing it anymore?
Old Mar 13, 2019, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by HIFlya
If I didn't already have the CSR, I would have definitely had this as a selling point, although with a family of 4 now, having the two guest restriction sucks and means I would need another PP membership to get into certain lounges.

What is available for PP in SEA now? I heard the restaurant that was supposed to be accepting it isn't doing it anymore?
You mean besides the Club that I listed above? Not sure.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Take a look through this thread and the wiki FAQ, this exact question was just asked and answered a few posts above (posts 596 & 597).
thanks very much. Appreciate it!
Old Mar 14, 2019, 1:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold - cheapass economy flyer!
Originally Posted by Ord Liza
Recently, I was told by a rep (who said it was her understanding and that she had checked with a supervisor) that when you upgrade, you are eligible for the credit immediately and that your eligibility re-sets on your original renewal date. So, if you upgrade on March 1st and your renewal date for the card you upgraded is April 15th, you have a $250 credit available between 3/1 and 4/14 and another $250 credit available 4/15 through 4/14 of the next year. If she is right, the approval date for the upgrade is irrelevant. Having said all of the that, I do not intend to cut it too close on the dates just in case.
Thanks - that makes sense and seems in line with what others have said above. In my case, I'll be staying at a qualifying domestic property about a week after my annual fee posts. So I guess I'll see about pre-paying. Guess I should do that now so there is time to inquire or get manual credit before new af posts... Does that sound right? Foreign pre pay triggers automatically, domestic we have to inquire?
Old Mar 14, 2019, 11:05 pm
El3

Okinawa Chatan resort, charge posted as Internet purchase

Another question, I don’t know if anyone has encountered anything similar..

So I booked an advanced purchase at the Okinawa Chatan resort in japan, being an advanced purchase overseas, I tht it would auto trigger the credit. The charge posted on March 9th, but 5 days later, no reimbursement yet. (Okinawa Chatan Resort isn’t listed on the list of resorts, but shows up on the map of eligible resorts. I even specifically called hilton to confirm it was an eligible resort, although the customer service agents didn’t seem too reliable.. but they said it was.)

So I checked the charge in Amex and saw the charge was categorized as “merchandise supplies - internet purchase” rather than “lodging - travel” as it normally would.

Has anyone seen a similar charge post?

My anniversary date is on March 27th so I don’t really have the luxury of waiting the 8-12 weeks before trying to get an agent to manually post.

Thanks for any info u can give!

Old Mar 15, 2019, 6:07 am

On my Aspire card, Amex offer of $50 back when $250 spent at Hilton resorts. So if I go spend $250 now, will I get $300 back?
Old Mar 15, 2019, 3:38 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL Gold
I'd like to see confirmation of this. I just upgraded a regular Hilton to a Hilton Aspire.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by niehaubs
On my Aspire card, Amex offer of $50 back when $250 spent at Hilton resorts. So if I go spend $250 now, will I get $300 back?
Wouldn't that be nice? The Amex offers happen immediately - within moments of checking out you will get an e-mail saying "congratulations, you have used your Amex offer". The resort credits seem to take a lot longer, so they already know you only spent $200, and will still have to spend $50 more at another resort somewhere.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 8:18 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
Had a resort stay end on 3/8 and the credit posted on 3/11.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.