Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2019, 5:35 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Bixbee
Is it possible to get the $250 resort credit without staying at the resort? For example, a refundable reservation deposit triggering the credit & then getting the deposit refunded by cancelling the reservation?
you can try, but of course that would be fraud.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 5:39 pm

appreciate the heads up. off to the resort list i go. time for a trip
Old Mar 2, 2019, 11:01 pm

Has anyone worked towards having multiple Aspire cards?
For example, I currently have an Aspire so could I get an Ascend and the no af cards (self referring) and then upgrade them both to Aspire cards?
Totaling:
$1350 of annual fees
3x free weekend night certificates
3x $250 each for Resort credits
3x $250 airline fee credits

Ideally you'd get upgrade offers on the Ascend & no AF cards to get to the full 3x Aspires. That said, it could be wonky having 3 cards with differently timed anniversaries impacting the ease of use for the 3x weekend night certificates.
-Looking forward to the community's thoughts. I am sure I've missed something.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 9:14 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
It sounds like this isn't allowed per the terms, but wanted to check: I have to checkout at noon. If I go eat lunch at the hotel restaurant after checkout and just charge the bill to my Aspire card, will it still be eligible?
Old Mar 4, 2019, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by mpeterson78
It sounds like this isn't allowed per the terms, but wanted to check: I have to checkout at noon. If I go eat lunch at the hotel restaurant after checkout and just charge the bill to my Aspire card, will it still be eligible?
Not sure why it wouldn't be allowed. If it's billed by the hotel it will qualify. The hard thing is it might be charged by the restaurant, not the hotel, depending on how it's set up.
Most hotels will allow you to check out of the room and keep the tab open while you go have lunch though, then you can charge to the room at the restaurant and pay when you're done.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 2:12 pm

I am booked for one night at the Waldorf Astoria Trianon Palace Versailles this March on a weekend award night. Has anyone tried to use their Hilton Aspire $250 resort credit with this property? Thanks.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by mal2ianne123
I am booked for one night at the Waldorf Astoria Trianon Palace Versailles this March on a weekend award night. Has anyone tried to use their Hilton Aspire $250 resort credit with this property? Thanks.
This property is on the resorts list so you should see the credit a few days after any charge directly from the hotel posts to your Aspire. In the rare instance where the credit fails to post automatically, you just have to wait the required ~8 weeks then contact Amex and they will post it manually. There's not much more to it.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Had $100 or so reimbursed from WA Grand Wailea, but recent stay for Doubletree Vail nada. Will try to call tomorrow but anyone have issues with this “resort”?
Old Mar 6, 2019, 2:40 pm

Citi prestige and aspire double dip?

has anyone used Citi prestige and aspire credit on the same trip ? The room must be paid by prestige to get the 4th night benefit but have you used Aspire mid-stay to pay for dinners etc? Is that even possible ? Don’t have aspire yet and am wondering. Thanks
Old Mar 6, 2019, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by slivrflyr
has anyone used Citi prestige and aspire credit on the same trip ? The room must be paid by prestige to get the 4th night benefit but have you used Aspire mid-stay to pay for dinners etc? Is that even possible ? Don’t have aspire yet and am wondering. Thanks
Take a look at the wiki for some basic FAQs on the credit. Theres no reason this wouldn't work, as anything charged to your Aspire by a qualifying property will trigger the credit. It doesn't matter how you book it. In this case I would still charge everything to your room (dinners, etc). Then at check out just ask the front desk to charge just the room charges to your Prestige, and all other incidentals to your Aspire.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 10:09 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
I received another fairly lengthy survey from AMEX about the Aspire card today, and once again a few of the questions were obviously posed to gauge reaction to replacing the $250 resort credit with another benefit, most likely an additional [weekend] free night. So if you prefer the resort credit, you might want to make your opinion known to AMEX.

Last edited by gengar; Mar 7, 2019 at 11:32 pm Reason: omitted that it is a weekend free night
Old Mar 7, 2019, 5:09 am

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Take a look at the wiki for some basic FAQs on the credit. Theres no reason this wouldn't work, as anything charged to your Aspire by a qualifying property will trigger the credit. It doesn't matter how you book it. In this case I would still charge everything to your room (dinners, etc). Then at check out just ask the front desk to charge just the room charges to your Prestige, and all other incidentals to your Aspire.
thank you very much.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 7:40 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by gengar
I received another fairly lengthy survey from AMEX about the Aspire card today, and once again a few of the questions were obviously posed to gauge reaction to replacing the $250 resort credit with another benefit, most likely an additional free night. So if you prefer the resort credit, you might want to make your opinion known to AMEX.
So would the extra free night be another freebie? And you'd get a third then if you charged $60K in a year?

I'd like a $250 incidentals credit that did not necessarily have to be used at a resort on their list, just any Hilton property. Would encourage me to spend more at any given hotel.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
So would the extra free night be another freebie? And you'd get a third then if you charged $60K in a year?

I'd like a $250 incidentals credit that did not necessarily have to be used at a resort on their list, just any Hilton property. Would encourage me to spend more at any given hotel.
Although that would be nice, as our experience with how this credit works makes clear, that would be administratively impossible, since incidentals are not coded differently by Amex than room rates. It also would likely cost *more* to Hilton, not less. I doubt they are looking at ways to make the card cost the company more. A free night would cost Hilton/Amex a lot less than a $250 cash refund in what I imagine is nearly all scenarios.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 9:07 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Well no one outside of AMEX can possibly know what they might do with a benefits change, but presumably from the questions asked it'd just be a straight swap - so two free nights on AF instead of one free night and $250 resort credit.

Originally Posted by Adam1222
Although that would be nice, as our experience with how this credit works makes clear, that would be administratively impossible, since incidentals are not coded differently by Amex than room rates. It also would likely cost *more* to Hilton, not less. I doubt they are looking at ways to make the card cost the company more. A free night would cost Hilton/Amex a lot less than a $250 cash refund in what I imagine is nearly all scenarios.
I think that's probably accurate, and perhaps the breakage on the resort credit was not nearly as much as they anticipated among card holders - and possibly in combination with the $250 resort credit being unattractive to some potential card members.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.