Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Old Feb 22, 2019, 3:04 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
When does the resort credit renew? When your annual fee hits the card?
On your account anniversary date
Old Feb 23, 2019, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by haledjian
Pay-at-Hotel. I booked it for April at the Hilton Torrey Pines. However, my $250 resort credit expires in March. How do I get the hotel to charge my credit card now so that the credit kicks in before it's too late?
I'm not sure if you can (safely). You could try calling up the hotel, but the danger is that without explaining it to you they might route the charge through Hilton Corporate if you ask to pay now. The people who answer the phone the phone at the hotel might not know how the billing works, because extremely few people care about that.

You'll still get the credit if you wait to pay on arrival, it's just that it'll be a credit for your next account year, not this account year.

For a credit this account year, you either have to do the resort stay itself this account year if it's in the USA, or book an advance purchase resort stay overseas this account year. You can't do an advance purchase in the USA and have it count at all.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 3:29 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Adam1222
On your account anniversary date
The problem is I dont know my anniversary date. Thats why I specifically asked if its correlated to the annual fee?
Old Feb 24, 2019, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by NWplatinum

The problem is I dont know my anniversary date. Thats why I specifically asked if its correlated to the annual fee?
You can use the Amex chat feature and ask them your anniversary date. I'm sorry you don't like the specific answer to your question.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 9:30 pm

Do you have to use the $250 all in one go?
Old Feb 25, 2019, 4:23 am

Originally Posted by yerffej201
Do you have to use the $250 all in one go?
No
Old Feb 25, 2019, 8:37 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum & Ambassdor, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Datapoint: Just stayed at Conrad Maldives and used Aspire card for entire bill (all incidental charges as stay was on points). Total charge posted 2/21 and $250 credit posted 2/22. That was painless and easy!
Old Feb 25, 2019, 11:54 am
ccd

Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
Nope, I never received the credit from WA La Quinta. I chatted, I called, no use. I got the $250 aspire resort credit from my WA Las Vegas stay a few days after check out (I stayed at WA-Las Vegas a month after I stayed at WA-La Quinta). So it is VERY OBVIOUS that WA La Quinta is not one of the eligible resorts recognized by AmEx system (even though its listed on the hilton resort website).

AmEx might apply the credit manually, but they will make you wait until after the maximum time frame (after 90 days) plus they will take their time to open a case to investigate by the back-end office... so i would suggest "don' bother", just use the credit somewhere else.
Update: I was able to get $250 credit, after calling AMEX.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by ccd
Update: I was able to get $250 credit, after calling AMEX.
Did they make you wait until after 90-day window?
Old Feb 26, 2019, 8:06 am

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by brentyb
Still no luck having credit post from Hilton Tokyo Bay. Called again the other day and still being told to wait the full 12 weeks. Im not sure why anything would take 3 months, but it seems they are determined to not look into it until then.
Well, today was my 12 week anniversary. Used online chat, and am told that the 250 credit will hit my account within 5 days.

It was a bit strange as my statement showed the charge as *508.94 - Tokyo Bay Hilton Hotel Japan, but the online rep supposedly couldnt see that charge, but could see charges from Tokyo Disney Resort, which he thought was the Hotel, even though I told him those were park charges. Not sure if he just wasnt looking in the right place, but regardless he issued the credit.

Hopefully the next time wont take 12 weeks to get the credit.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by canesfan
Datapoint: Just stayed at Conrad Maldives and used Aspire card for entire bill (all incidental charges as stay was on points). Total charge posted 2/21 and $250 credit posted 2/22. That was painless and easy!
​​​​​​​
This is so arbitrary.
On 26th Jan, me and my wife split the bill at the Conrad Maldives. She got her credit in 2 days, I still haven't got it. Amex reps are telling me they can't process the manual credit until 12 weeks. Urgghhh

Last edited by xcitech; Feb 26, 2019 at 9:09 am Reason: Added quote
Old Feb 27, 2019, 5:30 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL Gold
Originally Posted by tkduke77
Purchased lift tickets through the Concierge Desk for an upcoming stay with Hilton Whistler Resort and received the $250 resort credit in 2 days. Woot.
Nice, Im looking at a prepaid non cancellable rate at the Hilton Whistler. Will this trigger the credit as it is a prepaid rate and it is not a USA hotel?
Old Feb 27, 2019, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
I did a stay at the FLL beach hilton, resort credit posted within a few days of the charge posting.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 9:00 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by TerryK
When does $250 credit get reset? I applied a new Aspire card in Feb 2018 and first annual fee was billed on 2/15/18. Does that mean I can get another $250 credit on or after 2/15/19?
Originally Posted by Adam1222
on your anniversary date. You can ask Amex via chat what your anniversary date is.
I was told differently by Amex chat, that it resets upon AF billing. For me, that happened 10 days after my "anniversary date" (which chat agent says is the day of card approval).

To be safe, I'd take the later of the two.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 4:01 pm

edited

Last edited by Bixbee; Mar 2, 2019 at 5:36 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.