Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2019, 3:01 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Parial rebate

mrs. brp used her Aspire to pay a HGVC Maintenance Fee, and these have been shown to trigger he Resort Rebate. In this case, she payed a little over $1000. She got a rebate for $47.62. Her year just started for this, so it was not a residual (and she did use about $238 last year, so this amount wouldn't make sense anyway).

Any other similar experiences or ideas?

Cheers.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 4:35 pm

I stayed at Hilton Grand Vacation at Honolulu which is eligible for $250 resort credit. I checked out a week ago and Amex charged around $1900 day after which includes room and other that we charged to room. (e.g. restaurant, activities). Its been a week but I still don't see reimbursement. If reimbursement is not automatically issued within a week it is mostly likely not going to be issued unless I call and request manual reimbursement after 8 weeks right? I am wondering if anyone received reimbursement after several weeks. Like 2-8 weeks.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:19 am

Ok, so having some problems making this work for the Hilton Caribe in PR. I booked for May, using the Hilton Semi-Flex rate that was listed here as working. However, the hotel never charged me the deposit amount - presumably since the hotel hasn't reopened yet and won't until May 1st. Has anyone had success with this property or has advice? I emailed the property asking if they can pre-charge $250 to my card on file but I'm not sure if they have their systems operational yet.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 9:31 am

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by brp
mrs. brp used her Aspire to pay a HGVC Maintenance Fee, and these have been shown to trigger he Resort Rebate. In this case, she payed a little over $1000. She got a rebate for $47.62. Her year just started for this, so it was not a residual (and she did use about $238 last year, so this amount wouldn't make sense anyway).

Any other similar experiences or ideas?

Cheers.
I would initiate a chat with an Amex rep on their website. I've been able to get questions/issues like this resolved there.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by evilempire
Ok, so having some problems making this work for the Hilton Caribe in PR. I booked for May, using the Hilton Semi-Flex rate that was listed here as working. However, the hotel never charged me the deposit amount - presumably since the hotel hasn't reopened yet and won't until May 1st. Has anyone had success with this property or has advice? I emailed the property asking if they can pre-charge $250 to my card on file but I'm not sure if they have their systems operational yet.
If the hotel isn't opening again until May 1 then I'm not sure what else there is to do other than wait till then to call down and ask for them to charge your deposit. But I assume you're trying to get the deposit charged before then to get the credit before your anniversary date? I doubt emailing will produce any results, but you never know.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 10:34 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by birdiedouble
I would initiate a chat with an Amex rep on their website. I've been able to get questions/issues like this resolved there.
Oh, she'll definitely do that when she gets a chance- she's just busier than I
Just wanted to see if something similar had happened to others to know what to expect.

Cheers.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by birdiedouble
This may fall into a YMMV category, but I was able to get a round of golf credited thru the Aspire Resort credit at the Lookout Mountain golf course that is part of the Tapatio Resort in Scottsdale, AZ. This did not involve a stay there. I booked the round through the website below and paid with my card at the course. I was wondering if it would be eligible as the booking engine they use takes you to EZ Links (which at some point I believe was taken over by TeeOff.com), plus the course is managed by Troon Golf. The credit didn't show up after a couple of weeks, so I started a Chat Session on the Amex website last week. The rep questioned what the charge was for and I let him know that it was for a round of golf. Came back a few minutes later and said he processed the credit and it should show up in 3-4 days. It did. I have another stay coming up at a resort that will most likely eat up the whole $250 for this year so I was trying to see if the round would be eligible. As I said at the start YMMV.
very nice DP, but thats more than just any YMMV. its a very unique situation where you correctly didnt get credit. even the charge is related to a "MISC retail". then u got it manually "fixed". its like the chase RC airline credit. totally depends on your effort and the agent. but its nice you got it. it shows amex can credit you ASAP without having to wait for 8 weeks. because thats just ridiculous. unfortunately, i dont think its something everyone can rely on even for the exact same charge.

Originally Posted by brp
mrs. brp used her Aspire to pay a HGVC Maintenance Fee, and these have been shown to trigger he Resort Rebate. In this case, she payed a little over $1000. She got a rebate for $47.62. Her year just started for this, so it was not a residual (and she did use about $238 last year, so this amount wouldn't make sense anyway). Any other similar experiences or ideas?
i assume youre very clear on your anniversary date? also, do you have any breakdown of the HGVC Maintenance Fees? meaning, whats contained within that 1k? i ask because amex may get totally different details vs what you see on your statement due to L3. does anything come close to $47?

Originally Posted by xcitech
My charge posted on 26th January, I still haven't got the reimbursement. Last year the reimbursement was within 2-3 days.
Amex rep is saying the credit will post in 8-12 weeks, they can't do anything prior to that.
Originally Posted by brentyb
Still no luck having credit post from Hilton Tokyo Bay. Called again the other day and still being told to wait the full 12 weeks. Im not sure why anything would take 3 months, but it seems they are determined to not look into it until then.
Originally Posted by paulzone2k
I stayed at Hilton Grand Vacation at Honolulu which is eligible for $250 resort credit. I checked out a week ago and Amex charged around $1900 day after which includes room and other that we charged to room. (e.g. restaurant, activities). Its been a week but I still don't see reimbursement. If reimbursement is not automatically issued within a week it is mostly likely not going to be issued unless I call and request manual reimbursement after 8 weeks right? I am wondering if anyone received reimbursement after several weeks. Like 2-8 weeks.
few others had the exact same problem with properties outside US. ur still in HI but outside contiguous US. which means there are problems with auto credits (based on what i have seen). but ur gonna have to call to complain or use chat. you dont have to wait 8 weeks but its YMMV. keep HUCA. see earlier post about the guy who charged golf. he got the credit via chat. he didnt wait 8 weeks.

Last edited by GundamWing01; Feb 12, 2019 at 5:46 pm
Old Feb 12, 2019, 6:14 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GundamWing01
i assume youre very clear on your anniversary date? also, do you have any breakdown of the HGVC Maintenance Fees? meaning, whats contained within that 1k? i ask because amex may get totally different details vs what you see on your statement due to L3. does anything come close to $47?.
She checked before we did this and they told her it had been a few weeks earlier. If not, we only had like $12 for last year anyway. As to the second- good point. I looked and the closest is a property tax for about $36, and that's really unlikely to trigger it

Cheers.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 4:04 pm

How do you get the resort credit to trigger?

So you book the hotel from the list of resorts at hilton.com, pay room rate at checkout, and this will trigger the credit after a few days?
Old Feb 13, 2019, 4:29 pm

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by pingpan

So you book the hotel from the list of resorts at hilton.com, pay room rate at checkout, and this will trigger the credit after a few days?
It is as simple as that. Or book on points and rack up room charges.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 4:37 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred

I’ve got a 5th Night Free coming up that between the parking fee and 1 night I’m paying in cash the rest of my resort credit will be eaten up.

The ES in Scottsdale also started charging a resort fee in December, but I made the reservations before the change so I shouldn’t be charged that for the cash night.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 5:11 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist

To be a little pedantic, you choose from the list of resorts at hilton.com/resorts.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 11:37 am

Programs: hhonors gold, priority club plat
Datapoint for Doubletree Karlan San Diego.

November (check out 11/4) stay finally posted 2/13. Had to call and wait the full 12 weeks as it was not automatic.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 12:56 pm

Some have received the credit after a few days of the charge posting, my experience was about 8 weeks to get the credit and only then because i called and pestered them. Several times I was told I had to wait the 12 weeks that are listed in the T & C.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:59 pm

I recently got the Aspire card and wanted to use the resort credit. Unfortunately, I booked a US resort that is eligible for the credit but used an advanced pay rate. Looking for some advice on best way to try to get the charge to apply for the credit.

Is the best approach to

1) contact Hilton
2) contact AMEX
3) work with the hotel on credit rebill.

or some other approach.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.