Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2019, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by Javier1704
Hi everyone,

I just made a reservation for next month at DoubleTree Fallsview Resort & Spa by Hilton - Niagara Falls hoping that my stay will be reimbursed. Will update accordingly when I pay after my stay.

What are my chances that this will work out?

Thanks!
What are the chances that what will work out? If that hotel is on the resorts list, and you pay with your Aspire, you will see the credit a few days later.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 2:26 pm

Programs: Amex Membership Rewards, Chase Ultimate Rewards
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
What are the chances that what will work out? If that hotel is on the resorts list, and you pay with your Aspire, you will see the credit a few days later.
Awesome! It is on the list!
Old Feb 6, 2019, 9:12 am

Has anyone gotten the credit triggered by the seaplane transfer at Conrad Maldives?
Old Feb 6, 2019, 9:28 am

My charge posted on 26th January, I still haven't got the reimbursement. Last year the reimbursement was within 2-3 days.
Amex rep is saying the credit will post in 8-12 weeks, they can't do anything prior to that.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by Mn524
Has anyone gotten the credit triggered by the seaplane transfer at Conrad Maldives?
My charge posted on 26th January, I still haven't got the reimbursement. Last year the reimbursement was within 2-3 days.
Amex rep is saying the credit will post in 8-12 weeks, they can't do anything prior to that.

P.S The charge posted as :
CONRAD MALDIVES RANGALI I
RANGALI ISLAND RESORT
ALIFU ALIFU
RANGALI
MALDIVES
Additional Information: LODGINGLODGING
Reference: 320190280658902548
Category: Travel - Lodging

So I do not see any reason why it won't be reimbursed.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by xcitech

P.S The charge posted as :
CONRAD MALDIVES RANGALI I
RANGALI ISLAND RESORT
ALIFU ALIFU
RANGALI
MALDIVES
Additional Information: LODGINGLODGING
Reference: 320190280658902548
Category: Travel - Lodging

So I do not see any reason why it won't be reimbursed.
Ya seems like it should. I am just curious because it's officially a third party charge to the seaplane company
Old Feb 6, 2019, 9:35 am

The charges are all handled by Conrad directly, they bill it along with incidentals and dining charges.
Also, if you are going to Conrad, it is an amazing property. I just loved it!
Old Feb 6, 2019, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When does $250 credit get reset? I applied a new Aspire card in Feb 2018 and first annual fee was billed on 2/15/18. Does that mean I can get another $250 credit on or after 2/15/19?
Old Feb 6, 2019, 12:09 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by TerryK
When does $250 credit get reset? I applied a new Aspire card in Feb 2018 and first annual fee was billed on 2/15/18. Does that mean I can get another $250 credit on or after 2/15/19?
on your anniversary date. You can ask Amex via chat what your anniversary date is.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 2:30 pm

Programs: United, delta, AA, Alaskan, Frontier, Hilton Gold, Hyatt, Chase Sapphire
Using resort fee in Kauai?

Anyone have any examples of using the credit in Kauai? Thanks for any help.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 6:44 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by shanna135
Anyone have any examples of using the credit in Kauai? Thanks for any help.
There is only one Hilton property on Kauai. It is a Hilton Garden Inn and not an eligible resort. Please read the wiki.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 6:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz Gold Plus, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Javier1704
Hi everyone,

I just made a reservation for next month at DoubleTree Fallsview Resort & Spa by Hilton - Niagara Falls hoping that my stay will be reimbursed. Will update accordingly when I pay after my stay.

What are my chances that this will work out?

Thanks!
It took a phone call to HH, but we got the $250 credit at that hotel for a stay last year. Go for an American Falls view room.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 7:04 pm

I just upgraded from my Ascend to the Aspire a few days ago. My cardmember renewal month is still considered next month (March) since that was my anniversary for the Ascend card. Since the $250 resort credit is given out each card member year, am I able to use it twice: one time right now before March and a second time after my March renewal?
Old Feb 8, 2019, 4:01 am

Originally Posted by daloosh
That's right, I booked direct on the hhonors website. With the resort being sorted into the wrong state, and the lack of much data about the credit, I wanted to try the easiest, most direct booking.
appreciate your info. that helped a lot and i also just stayed HH WA vegas last week.

checkout 1/28. charges posted 1/29. $250 credit 1/30. pretty damn fast. this was also combined with amex offer $70 off $350 HH WA spend. it tracked since i spent over $350+.

hopefully, we get a big HH resort credit DP wiki set up of all the properties where resort credits track automatically and very quickly. this would help a lot since many properties have issues tracking. similar to the retention offer or airline credit thread.

Originally Posted by haledjian
I just upgraded from my Ascend to the Aspire a few days ago. My cardmember renewal month is still considered next month (March) since that was my anniversary for the Ascend card. Since the $250 resort credit is given out each card member year, am I able to use it twice: one time right now before March and a second time after my March renewal?
Originally Posted by TerryK
yes, in theory, before exact card open date and after card open date (doesnt matter upgrade/downgrade/AF post date). but because aspire is still new, i wouldnt want to risk it based on the exact open date. lets see more DPs. i would wait an entire billing period after anniversary date (after statement close) to be safe. some people may not have that time so you can risk it.

Originally Posted by xcitech
Originally Posted by brentyb
Still no luck having credit post from Hilton Tokyo Bay. Called again the other day and still being told to wait the full 12 weeks. Im not sure why anything would take 3 months, but it seems they are determined to not look into it until then.
thats really terrible. sorry to hear that. amex credits never take that long. no way. they are just giving you the standard language. but also, the credit benefit is still very new. so set up a calendar reminder and check back on this thread. im sure DPs will come up related to manual credits. youre not the only one with this issue. this reminds me of how uber handled amex credits where iOS users had to use some new uber cash setting to use it. otherwise, it would expire. then amex put back the credits after many complaints.

also, with these credits, i made it a priority to use only on domestic properties. from an back-end IT perspective, i would imagine there is much higher chance of credit success vs international properties since it probably causes more processing issues. TBD.

Last edited by GundamWing01; Feb 8, 2019 at 4:10 am
Old Feb 10, 2019, 2:22 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
This may fall into a YMMV category, but I was able to get a round of golf credited thru the Aspire Resort credit at the Lookout Mountain golf course that is part of the Tapatio Resort in Scottsdale, AZ. This did not involve a stay there. I booked the round through the website below and paid with my card at the course. I was wondering if it would be eligible as the booking engine they use takes you to EZ Links (which at some point I believe was taken over by TeeOff.com), plus the course is managed by Troon Golf. The credit didn't show up after a couple of weeks, so I started a Chat Session on the Amex website last week. The rep questioned what the charge was for and I let him know that it was for a round of golf. Came back a few minutes later and said he processed the credit and it should show up in 3-4 days. It did. I have another stay coming up at a resort that will most likely eat up the whole $250 for this year so I was trying to see if the round would be eligible. As I said at the start YMMV.

Round booked at:

https://www.tapatiocliffshilton.com/golf/

Charges showed as (I have XXX some of the trans info):

POINTE HILTON TAPATIO CLIFFS RESORT

11111 NORTH 7TH STREET

PHOENIX

AZ

85020-1176

UNITED STATES

Additional Information: XXXX MISC/SPECIALTY RETAIL

MISC/SPECIALTY RETAIL

ReferenceXXX

Category: Merchandise & Supplies - General Retai

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.