Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Old Jan 27, 2019, 7:52 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by geewhy
I'm going to stay at a hotel on the Hilton resort list, and would like to know if I can use my brother's Aspire card to pay for the stay with pre-paid rate, will he get the $250 resort credit?
Is it in the US? No.
Is it abroad? Yes.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by Adam1222
Is it in the US? No.
Is it abroad? Yes.
So if I book WA Vegas with pre-paid rate using my brother's Aspire card, he won't get the $250 credit?
But if I book Conrad Bali with pre-paid rate using his card, he'll get the $250 credit?

Btw there's also an AMEX offer on his Aspire card for $70 off $350, does the offer work on pre-paid rate?
Old Jan 27, 2019, 8:57 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
So if I book WA Vegas with pre-paid rate using my brother's Aspire card, he won't get the $250 credit?
But if I book Conrad Bali with pre-paid rate using his card, he'll get the $250 credit?

Btw there's also an AMEX offer on his Aspire card for $70 off $350, does the offer work on pre-paid rate?
Please read the wiki, which explains that prepaid rates for US properties vs. International are treated differently. But since Bali is not in the US and Las Vegas is, you got it.

​​​​​​I have no idea what the terms of the Amex offer you are citing is, so cannot tell you what rates it applies to. But it has no connection to the $250 Aspire resort credit.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 9:45 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP

Originally Posted by Adam1222
Please read the wiki, which explains that prepaid rates for US properties vs. International are treated differently. But since Bali is not in the US and Las Vegas is, you got it.

​​​​​​I have no idea what the terms of the Amex offer you are citing is, so cannot tell you what rates it applies to. But it has no connection to the $250 Aspire resort credit.
So Adam1222 has answered part one of your question, so I'll respond to part two, and the short answer is your brother won't get the credit on prepaid rates in the U.S. Here's part of the language in the terms of the $70 off $350 offer: "Offer does not apply to advance purchase rates, including Advance Purchase, Save Now & Pay and Non-refundable rates." The reason is that those rates are billed by corporate and not directly by the hotel.

It's pretty much the same deal as the $250 credit, and your brother should not expect the credit for either. Now, it is true that there is an ADIP prepayment rate that is billed directly by the hotel, and some FTers have been credited the $250 resort credit after prepaying using that rate, which is the Another Day in Paradise prepaid rate. Now, I have neither used the ADIP rate or tried to get the $70 off a prepaid rate billed by corporate, but my feeling is that the first might work and the second won't.

Finally, the $70 off offer expires at the end of this month, in a few days. Don't know if you book a stay and pay a refundable first nite, whether that will trigger the $70 off, it might, or it might not.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 8:05 am

I just booked Conrad Bali at their prepaid rate. I already got the credit even though my stay is next week. BUT they sent me an email saying I must have the credit card I booked with or else they'll force me to pay another way and cancel the prepayment.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 9:41 am

Thank you everyone for the response. I went ahead and booked WA Vegas on the regular rate since the AMEX offer expires on 1/31. The card hasn't been charged on the first night deposit so far. I will report back on the AMEX offer and Aspire credit.

itcheroni, that was a concern I had with hotels outside of US. My experience with US Hilton is that once a credit card has been provided for the reservation, most of them don't even need it again during check-in. With hotels overseas I've seen sometimes a prepaid stay was not charged until check out with physical card required at check in.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 12:05 am

I don't yet have the Aspire card and am trying to decide if it might be worth getting (upgrading from the basic Hilton Amex), based on the points bonus and possible credits (I'm Diamond, so that benefit does nothing for me).

Here is my situation: I have booked a stay at the Conrad Bora Bora Nui.

- Given their on-site prices, I expect incidentals to exceed $250 for the stay. If I'm understanding correctly, the $250 resort credit would apply as long as I use the Aspire card at checkout to pay incidentals (regardless of using a different HHonors card to make the original room purchase). Is that correct?

- I'm assuming that the $100 WA/Conrad credit does NOT apply as the Aspire card needs to be used for the initial booking. Is that correct? Does anyone know if a lower Hhonors card "upgraded" to Aspire (keeping same number) would enable eligibility, despite the booking being done before converting the card? I'm assuming not, but my "basic" HHonors is eligible for upgrade (keeping the same number), so just checking.

- Regarding the 14x points on Hilton purchases, does the $250 that gets credited back still earn the 3,500 Hhonors points, or will the credit negate the points? I'm assuming the points still apply, but just curious.

- Can anyone tell me how the weekend night applies? Are those only covered for rooms that qualify for "Standard Reward" booking?

Thanks in advance for replies.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 4:05 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by gvaughn
I don't yet have the Aspire card and am trying to decide if it might be worth getting (upgrading from the basic Hilton Amex), based on the points bonus and possible credits (I'm Diamond, so that benefit does nothing for me).

Here is my situation: I have booked a stay at the Conrad Bora Bora Nui.

- Given their on-site prices, I expect incidentals to exceed $250 for the stay. If I'm understanding correctly, the $250 resort credit would apply as long as I use the Aspire card at checkout to pay incidentals (regardless of using a different HHonors card to make the original room purchase). Is that correct?

- I'm assuming that the $100 WA/Conrad credit does NOT apply as the Aspire card needs to be used for the initial booking. Is that correct? Does anyone know if a lower Hhonors card "upgraded" to Aspire (keeping same number) would enable eligibility, despite the booking being done before converting the card? I'm assuming not, but my "basic" HHonors is eligible for upgrade (keeping the same number), so just checking.

- Regarding the 14x points on Hilton purchases, does the $250 that gets credited back still earn the 3,500 Hhonors points, or will the credit negate the points? I'm assuming the points still apply, but just curious.

- Can anyone tell me how the weekend night applies? Are those only covered for rooms that qualify for "Standard Reward" booking?

Thanks in advance for replies.
You are pretty much correct on all counts. Keep in mind the $100 credit requires booking a rate that would most likely negate the credit.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 5:56 am

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by brentyb
Correct. I have called and they just repeat that it takes between 8 and 12 weeks and to call back if I dont see it after 12 weeks.

Still no luck having credit post from Hilton Tokyo Bay. Called again the other day and still being told to wait the full 12 weeks. Im not sure why anything would take 3 months, but it seems they are determined to not look into it until then.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 9:38 am

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by gvaughn

As someone else mentioned, the WA/Conrad rate booked for the $100 credit may be higher and negate the credit. It must be booked through a portal where your Aspire card number is entered to be able to view the rate. If you post your dates someone could check and let you know. (Or PM the dates to me or someone with the card who's willing to look)

Yes the weekend night applies from the standard room award inventory. According to T&C, it can take up to 8-14 weeks to receive the free weekend night award, so this could be problematic.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by Ripper3785
As someone else mentioned, the WA/Conrad rate booked for the $100 credit may be higher and negate the credit. It must be booked through a portal where your Aspire card number is entered to be able to view the rate. If you post your dates someone could check and let you know. (Or PM the dates to me or someone with the card who's willing to look)

Yes the weekend night applies from the standard room award inventory. According to T&C, it can take up to 8-14 weeks to receive the free weekend night award, so this could be problematic.
thanks. I booked my paid stay as non-refundable advanced booking, so it appears to not qualify. Have an award booking as well, but its premium award currently as no standard award dates have opened up yet (so seems Im SOL for both of those).
Old Feb 2, 2019, 2:04 pm

Last week, I just book an advance purchase rate at Hilton Tokyo Bay for 6 nights in June. The rate is the recent promotion of 25% off and it's an AP rate.

My card anniversary is in March but I did not get any charge to my card yet. Anyone have experience of how soon they charge your card? I want to make sure the charge appear before March so I can get the $250 resort credit for this year.

TIA.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by wekxbrainx
Last week, I just book an advance purchase rate at Hilton Tokyo Bay for 6 nights in June. The rate is the recent promotion of 25% off and it's an AP rate.

My card anniversary is in March but I did not get any charge to my card yet. Anyone have experience of how soon they charge your card? I want to make sure the charge appear before March so I can get the $250 resort credit for this year.

TIA.
This varies from hotel to hotel, if the charge hasn't hit by close to your anniversary date you can always call the hotel directly and ask them to process the AP charge.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Given the problems that some have had, I was happy that my $250 resort credit posted within 2 days of my check-out at the W-A Grand Wailea. At the same time, I also received my $70 AMEX Offer credit (now expired) for spending $350 at a W-A. So I was able to get $320 off of $350. This was an award stay and I used the money for food and other incidentals (like their $30/day parking fee). Combining that with the Honors Gold/Diamond benefits, it made what would have been a very overpriced hotel enjoyable.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 1:37 pm

Programs: Amex Membership Rewards, Chase Ultimate Rewards
Hi everyone,

I just made a reservation for next month at DoubleTree Fallsview Resort & Spa by Hilton - Niagara Falls hoping that my stay will be reimbursed. Will update accordingly when I pay after my stay.

What are my chances that this will work out?

Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.