Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2019, 10:43 am

I stayed on January 6th at the Hilton Sedona resort. Used both my wife's and my own Aspire card to pay. Neither one of us has received the credit after 14 days. The airline credits posted within a couple of business days, however.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 10:53 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG, IHG, AA, SWA
Originally Posted by MasterGeek
Shuuut! No need to shout it from the rooftops, AMEX rats are lurking around!
My bad.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 1:50 pm

So I suppose purchasing a gift certificate from the one Hilton Resort will not trigger the credit?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 8:47 am

Hi All,
I don't think we are going to be able to use our $250 credit before our anniversary date. We have a close friend that will be going to the Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Resort and I was wondering if we could gift her family the credit since she will be at a resort?

Do you think it would be possible for me to call the resort and have them charge $250 to our Aspire to put as a credit for her room for her and her family to use? Or is that too much like a GC?

What do you think?
Thanks so much!
Old Jan 22, 2019, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by DFW1972
Hi All,
I don't think we are going to be able to use our $250 credit before our anniversary date. We have a close friend that will be going to the Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Resort and I was wondering if we could gift her family the credit since she will be at a resort?

Do you think it would be possible for me to call the resort and have them charge $250 to our Aspire to put as a credit for her room for her and her family to use? Or is that too much like a GC?

What do you think?
Thanks so much!
Should be no problem, just call the hotel and tell them you want to 'surprise' your friend by paying for a bit of their stay and give them your Aspire number.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Should be no problem, just call the hotel and tell them you want to 'surprise' your friend by paying for a bit of their stay and give them your Aspire number.
Thanks for the quick response. And the charge should trigger the Amex credit, right? Since it would be charged by the resort. Just want to make sure. She's a good friend, but we don't really want to be stuck with a $250 bill!
Old Jan 22, 2019, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by DFW1972
Thanks for the quick response. And the charge should trigger the Amex credit, right? Since it would be charged by the resort. Just want to make sure. She's a good friend, but we don't really want to be stuck with a $250 bill!
Yep, as long as its charged by the resort it will trigger the credit.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Yep, as long as its charged by the resort it will trigger the credit.
Thanks.
If we decide to do this, I will report back if it works.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by daloosh
That's odd. I was choosing between Elara and WA, and finally chose WA as I noted above. The reimbursement was easy peasy, exactly like the Delta GC reimbursement timewise. The first nite deposit was $343.48 charged from Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas, and the credit showed up as Hilton Resort Credit - $250.
how long did the vegas WA credit take from charge date?
Old Jan 26, 2019, 8:29 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
Originally Posted by GundamWing01
how long did the vegas WA credit take from charge date?
I booked the stay on Jan 8 for next summer, the $343 first nite charge posted on Jan 10 like so:
WALDORF ASTORIA
3751 S LAS VEGAS BLVD-
LAS VEGAS
NV
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (THE)
and at Amex it says the credit posted on Jan 11, but it did not appear online until Jan 12, like so:
Hilton Resort Credit
WALDORF ASTORIA
3751 S LAS VEGAS BLVD
LAS VEGAS
NV
Reference: xxxxxx
Category: Travel - Lodging
Old Jan 26, 2019, 10:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
I did an upgrade from my ASCEND to ASPIRE because I had 150K HHonors points offer. After that I had a concern that the upgrade would not trigger $250 resort credit for the prorated 6 month of year. To my surprise it did! I made a reservation at a Hilton resort that requires 1 night prepayment and that was returned within 2 days after the charge cleared.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 5:22 am

I booked the stay on Jan 8 for next summer, the $343 first nite charge posted on Jan 10 like so:
WALDORF ASTORIA
3751 S LAS VEGAS BLVD-
LAS VEGAS
NV
and at Amex it says the credit posted on Jan 11, but it did not appear online until Jan 12, like so:
Hilton Resort Credit
WALDORF ASTORIA
3751 S LAS VEGAS BLVD
LAS VEGAS
NV
nice. that posted very fast. thank you for the input. so based on your CC details, i assume you didnt use amex FHR or chase LHC right? you just booked direct? otherwise it should post as "AMEX FINE HOTELS RES" instead.

i tried looking for vegas WA on FHR and it looks like you have to prepay via the 5x MR amex portal. im pretty sure its coded as amextravel.com vs WA directly so the 250 resort credit would NOT work. totally sucks. i thought you could pay at the hotel vs prepay. only other option is to run up a massive party bill and pay upon checkout.

Last edited by GundamWing01; Jan 27, 2019 at 6:10 am
Old Jan 27, 2019, 5:41 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
Originally Posted by GundamWing01
nice. appreciate the input. based on your CC details, i assume you didnt use amex FHR or chase LHC right? you just booked direct?
That's right, I booked direct on the hhonors website. With the resort being sorted into the wrong state, and the lack of much data about the credit, I wanted to try the easiest, most direct booking.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 8:39 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG, IHG, AA, SWA
WALDORF ASTORIA
3751 S LAS VEGAS BLVD-
LAS VEGAS
NV
Hilton Resort Credit
WALDORF ASTORIA
3751 S LAS VEGAS BLVD
LAS VEGAS
NV
Good DP, thanks for sharing. I have had success for both the Tropicana and WA each promptly posting the resort credit when booking direct.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 7:41 pm

I'm going to stay at a hotel on the Hilton resort list, and would like to know if I can use my brother's Aspire card to pay for the stay with pre-paid rate, will he get the $250 resort credit?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.