Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2018, 5:46 am

5) I’m looking at an eligible hotel that charges a refundable one-night deposit for all bookings, can I get the resort credit for this?
What resort might this be ?
Old Dec 21, 2018, 12:31 pm

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Schutzee
What resort might this be ?
You are quoting the FAQ
Old Dec 23, 2018, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Beachchaser
I have a question along these lines, if I upgrade a card originally opened in November of 2015 in February would the resort credit restart In the month of February of 2020 or November of 2019?
Amex can explain that to you (with your specific date) if you ask them (call or chat), if you've already upgraded.

Not everyone even knows what month their original card was opened. You can upgrade a card opened a decade or more ago!
Old Dec 25, 2018, 7:41 pm

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Have 2 questions for the group:
* Assume when using points, this still works if use card for resort fees and incidentals?
* Anyone know whether the Gales South Beach in Miami Beach is part? It is a Curio and looks like lots of Curio properties are part of list. Don’t see it on list but swear had seen it on list earlier...

Thanks and happy holidays!
Old Dec 25, 2018, 9:02 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by anandrag
* Assume when using points, this still works if use card for resort fees and incidentals?
* Anyone know whether the Gales South Beach in Miami Beach is part? It is a Curio and looks like lots of Curio properties are part of list. Don’t see it on list but swear had seen it on list earlier...

1) Yes. Please read FAQ #12 in the wiki.
2) If it's not on the list, it's not on the list. Many Curios are not.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 9:49 am

Programs: MR PP, UA Silver, SW A-List, HH Diamond
Hmm, just upgraded the card to the aspire in November and for some reason thought my annual renewal date was in January. Chatted to get my actual renewal date to plan a resort stay and found out that no it was actually dec 24. Quickly planned a local stay just for kicks, got a room at Hilton Inverness, double points promo, breakfast and a shirt charged to the room to use up my $250 credit. Stay ended on the 22nd, posted to the CC on the 23rd and $250 credit posted the 24th, same day as the annual fee. Slightly worried I was a day late and burned next year's credit.

I did get the $30 AMEX offer and 17.5k points ( not including the 14x Aspire) - not sure how that all added up with the 2x point room and 3x promo, but I'm not arguing.

Pretty lucrative offer even for a throwaway stay due to promo timing. Next time, I'll have more time to plan something that will actually be more worthwhile.

Even if I can't get out of Denver to another resort, the Inverness has a stay and play golf rate which I might try next time.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 11:04 am

Programs: MR/SPG Plat, HH Gold, DL PM
Originally Posted by anandrag

Hmmm, sounds like you may have previously seen the Gates Hotel on the list, which is a Doubletree. It wouldn't surprise me that the Gale (a new Curio) didn't appear because I think that one may have just recently joined the Hilton portfolio (I just saw it pop up for the first time a week or so ago, and I've been shopping around for a while), so maybe it will just take some time for it to be added.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 11:39 am

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by Saidoh

Hmmm, sounds like you may have previously seen the Gates Hotel on the list, which is a Doubletree. It wouldn't surprise me that the Gale (a new Curio) didn't appear because I think that one may have just recently joined the Hilton portfolio (I just saw it pop up for the first time a week or so ago, and I've been shopping around for a while), so maybe it will just take some time for it to be added.
That must have been it!
Old Dec 26, 2018, 12:08 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Saidoh

Some properties have been posted even before they join the Hilton portfolio (i.e., the Hilton Playa del Carmen). So I would not assume this is an issue of timing. Note, there are 49 Curio properties, and only 15 are on the list. One should not assume that being a Curio means it will be on the list. Many "resort-ish" Curios, even in beach cities, are not on the list, including the Hotel La Jolla, the Madison Beach Hotel, the Fives Downtown (Playa del Carmen), Gran Hotel Montesol (Ibiza)....

Last edited by Adam1222; Dec 26, 2018 at 12:14 pm
Old Dec 26, 2018, 3:00 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Regarding the reset date for the resort credit....
How particular is the Anniversary Date for the credit, vs when a stay posts to your account? My anniversary date is in March...and I am also planning a trip with stay in March of 2019. Last year, the annual fee for the card posted as of early April, but I do not think that is the actual Anniversary Date, if I am not mistaken the annual fee just posts the last day of the statement, correct? So, will I get a 2019 refresh of the $250 credit on the March statement WITH stay charges I accrue that very same month?

Or is this absolutely dependent on the exact Anniversary Date of the card?
Old Dec 27, 2018, 3:17 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
Regarding the reset date for the resort credit....
How particular is the Anniversary Date for the credit, vs when a stay posts to your account? My anniversary date is in March...and I am also planning a trip with stay in March of 2019. Last year, the annual fee for the card posted as of early April, but I do not think that is the actual Anniversary Date, if I am not mistaken the annual fee just posts the last day of the statement, correct? So, will I get a 2019 refresh of the $250 credit on the March statement WITH stay charges I accrue that very same month?

Or is this absolutely dependent on the exact Anniversary Date of the card?
Good question, and I would really like to know the answer as well. Unfortunately with the card being less than a year old, I’m not sure we’ll know for certain until later in the year when someone has an experience.

Then again you could ask Amex and get 5 different answers from 5 different people.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by NWplatinum

Good question, and I would really like to know the answer as well. Unfortunately with the card being less than a year old, I’m not sure we’ll know for certain until later in the year when someone has an experience.

Then again you could ask Amex and get 5 different answers from 5 different people.
this is exactly why i use the chase 5/24 and citi 8/65 counting rules. meaning i go one time period over just in case. no confusion. of course, this doesnt help when you are in "no mans land" gray area. i try to avoid that or lessen my expectations that anything will post. i too wish it was EXACTLY perfectly stated in your profile such as "card member year is from Dec 25 to Dec 24th of next year and everything will reset on Dec 25th". not gonna happen. so i just use the whole damn month as a no fly zone.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 3:35 pm

Has anyone tried it and used it one night at the Tropicana in Las Vegas?
Old Dec 29, 2018, 2:14 am

Originally Posted by sorrywereclosed
Has anyone tried it and used it one night at the Tropicana in Las Vegas?
you should try searching. below are a few vegas examples.

Originally Posted by Troopers
Received $250 credit for WA LV deposit for a stay next year.
Originally Posted by thebat
It has now been over 8 weeks since we checked out of the Elara, Las Vegas. Elara is on the eligible list and I called Amex before we checked in to make sure of that. I still haven't received the $250 credit. I just got off a chat session about it and they claimed they knew nothing about this benefit! I had to go up the line to a supervisor who really took her time to find out it existed. Then she said my stay was " ineligible." I asked why and she couldn't tell me. She finally said I had to wait the full 12 weeks to inquire about it. Very unsatisfactory session with Amex chat!

Another strange thing about this is we stayed at the Tropicana Las Vegas for a couple days before we checked into Elara. We paid with Mrs Bat's Aspire card and the credit posted before the doors of the Trop bumped our butts as we left. I guess they just haven't worked out all the bugs with this new card.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 6:05 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by flyaxa
No, that would be a calendar year. Membership year is one full year from the date your membership begins...Sept 11 in your case.
What if one were to open two or three of these accounts? So you had multiple times for your account anniversary and resort credit based on the card you use. Are you allowed to do that?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.