Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2018, 9:45 am

Programs: Delta Gold
If I choose an $250-resort-credit-eligible Conrad or WA and book a 2 night stay at the special Aspire link in order to use the $100 incidentals credit, will that special rate be eligible for the $250 resort credit? So, basically, can I stack the two credits during a stay. Been searching forums and can't find answer. Hoping to do this at the Conrad Bali over a week-long stay Thanks!
Old Dec 10, 2018, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by mardifuller
If I choose an $250-resort-credit-eligible Conrad or WA and book a 2 night stay at the special Aspire link in order to use the $100 incidentals credit, will that special rate be eligible for the $250 resort credit? So, basically, can I stack the two credits during a stay. Been searching forums and can't find answer. Hoping to do this at the Conrad Bali over a week-long stay Thanks!
Yes, answered in the wiki, ANY rate is eligible as long as the charge comes directly from a qualifying property.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 7:32 pm

Booked Tokyo Bay for an Advance Purchase Rate for March but I already got a charge on the Amex.
Is that correct?

Would I still be eligible for the $250 resort credit?

Thanks!
Old Dec 11, 2018, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by HawaiiO
Booked Tokyo Bay for an Advance Purchase Rate for March but I already got a charge on the Amex.
Is that correct?

Thanks!
Answered in the wiki. In most cases prepaid rates for properties in the US will not trigger the credit while prepaid rates for properties outside the US will. Assuming the charge is directly from the hotel, which it should be since it's an int'l property, then I would expect the credit to hit within a few days.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 8:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by HawaiiO
Is that correct?

Thanks!
Scroll up 48 posts.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 12:01 am

Thanks!
Just checked the charge and it says the charge is from Hilton Tokyo Bay.

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Answered in the wiki. In most cases prepaid rates for properties in the US will not trigger the credit while prepaid rates for properties outside the US will. Assuming the charge is directly from the hotel, which it should be since it's an int'l property, then I would expect the credit to hit within a few days.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 12:27 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
You got it. Anything charged directly by a qualifying hotel to your Aspire card will trigger the credit. If you book a prepaid rate through Orbitz but then charge a $50 dinner to your room, and settle the dinner charge at checkout with your Aspire card, you will get a $50 credit.

I've followed this thread since the beginning so let's be clear so as to not add any confusion. There has been exactly ONE property with a data point of not being on the resorts list but still getting the credit. And this was a rather obvious one in the Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel, it's not as if a bunch of random hotels are all of a sudden triggering the credit in spite of not being listed. The Amex terms are very clear that a property must be on the list.

If there are other examples of multiple "properties" that are not on the list but still triggering the credit then by all means please speak up, so that we can all benefit.
And this once became a resort sometime in 2018 and added a resort fee in the middle of the year. It is now on the official resorts website.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 10:23 pm

If I buy GC directly from a resort, should it be charged from it? If it is, why it won't trigger the credit?
Old Dec 13, 2018, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by Abidjan
Wow - - the Conrad Maldives actually did this?
Yes, very easy. Had to send a copy of Passport and sign a piece of paper but very simple and quick as I keep a PDF of my passport in Evernote.

Originally Posted by shosana
I am doing something quite similar but not sending a bottle of champagne. I tell the Conrad Maldives to charged me $250 for a credit I can use next year during my stay. I am still waiting for my credit granted this was processed 2 days ago. How long for you to receive the $250 credit?

Also, is it coded like this CONRAD MALDIVES RANGRANGALI?

Thank you in advance.
Yes that's the coding. Credit happened 2 days after charge.

Originally Posted by shosana
Yes, they let me do it.Just have to fill up the form and send a copy of my passport for them to process. They also mentioned that please bring the credit card that was charged during my stay. it also coded 14x, so now I am just wondering if I will get the credit.

Edit: I received the credit today.

Transaction posted on 12/2 CONRAD MALDIVES RANGRANGALI
Transaction posted on 12/4 credit CONRAD MALDIVES RANGRANGALI $250
I got the credit and 14x points.

Last edited by Canarsie; Dec 13, 2018 at 1:36 pm Reason: Consolidation.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 12:58 am

Originally Posted by Jenn0625
Just wanted to update for any of you who have stayed at the Grand Wailea and have not yet received your $250 resort credit. It has now been 6 weeks since the charge from our stay hit our card with no credit reimbursement still. I initially called a couple of weeks in and was told to wait the 6-8 weeks for the credit to show up, but wanted to call again and just check. The agent I spoke to today reminded me it could take up to 8 weeks, but I asked nicely if there was any way that they could do anything to speed that up only because it has been reported by other Aspire cardholders that most other Hilton chains have had the credit for their stays within a few days of posting and for some reason this particular resort was not following the same protocol and maybe there was a coding issue. Not sure if it was due to me being extremely nice about it or if she just felt bad that it has been 6 weeks but she went ahead and manually added the credit to my account and said it should be updated in 24 hours to reflect the $250. I am curious to know if anyone has yet to have a credit reimbursement hit automatically from a stay at this particular resort though.
Originally Posted by teammjs
Congrats!

Still nothing for us and it's been over 6 weeks.

Did you just call the number on the back,and did they transfer you to any particular department?

With Amex, it seems these days the BIG thing is trying to even find a CSR that has any authority to do a manual adjustment.
Looks like this is still the case as my stay at Grand Wailea last week hasn't triggered a $250 credit yet. It seems I will have to wait for 6-8 weeks and ask for manual credit. Do they ever say that the credit won't apply because it's a room stay?
Old Dec 14, 2018, 2:34 am

Originally Posted by eccentricFool
Looks like this is still the case as my stay at Grand Wailea last week hasn't triggered a $250 credit yet. It seems I will have to wait for 6-8 weeks and ask for manual credit. Do they ever say that the credit won't apply because it's a room stay?
Has anyone gotten their Grand Wailea stay automatically credited here? Feels like at this point we can assume this property is somehow coded wrong in their resort credit system.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by bomax

You are totally right. The language on the Main Benefits page indicates only renewal years (which is what the CSR and I were reading from) but the actual T&Cs are clear that you get it the first year as well.

I also noticed that if using a referral, the language on the Main Benefits page reverts to indicate it includes the first year. Not sure what’s going on but in any case seems that the credit still applies in all years.

Thanks for checking into this. I signed up for the card.

1. Are there any data points on the credit being available the first year? I just upgraded from Ascend to Aspire but my cardmember anniversary is in October 2019. Per a chat with a representative they said it is available.

2. When you actually have the Resort Credit available to use does it show the "Credit Available" progress bar on the "Benefits" tab, just like it does with the Airline Fee Credit? Mine does not for the Resort Credit
Old Dec 14, 2018, 9:53 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Seems like the terms have changed and new members only get the $250 resort credit after their first renewal, and not at all during the first year. Called Amex and they confirmed. Makes it a deal killer for me...
Originally Posted by flyaxa
Is this for new signups?

Because curent T&Cs say: "During each year of your Card Membership ("reward year"), you are eligible to receive up to $250 total in statement credits on your Card Account for eligible purchases made directly with participating Hilton Resorts with your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card during that reward year. Your first reward year begins on your account opening date. (B/U mine) Each subsequent reward year begins on the anniversary of your account opening date."

The Main Benefits page does say "Upon renewal of your Card, enjoy $250 in Hilton Resort Credits each year when you stay at a participating resorts within the Hilton portfolio.‡" However, when you click more and see terms, you get the above.

EDIT: I just checked out terms on a new offer page and they are the same as above, so I believe the Amex CSR was wrong.
You are totally right. The language on the Main Benefits page indicates only renewal years (which is what the CSR and I were reading from) but the actual T&Cs are clear that you get it the first year as well.

I also noticed that if using a referral, the language on the Main Benefits page reverts to indicate it includes the first year. Not sure what’s going on but in any case seems that the credit still applies in all years.

Thanks for checking into this. I signed up for the card.
Originally Posted by lordvaderman
1. Are there any data points on the credit being available the first year? I just upgraded from Ascend to Aspire but my cardmember anniversary is in October 2019. Per a chat with a representative they said it is available.
​​​​​​Since there's been some chatter of which benefits apply when upgrading, I thought I'd document the dates of my upgrade to illustrate:

May 9 - Ascend $95 renewal fee
Oct 12 - upgraded from Ascend to Aspire
Oct 24 - received $250 airline fee credit (charges were on Oct 20)
Nov 17 - received $32.16 resort credit (charge was on previous day)
Nov 21 - received $217.84 resort credit (charge was on previous day)
Dec 9 - Ascend $39.58 refund and Aspire $187.50 prorated fee
Dec 13 - email from Amex indicating free w/e night
Dec 14 - email from Hilton with free w/e night details

So, it seems I received the airline credit in 2018, the resort credit in the partial year and the free weekend night after my partial year prorated fee was billed.

I fully expect to be able use my $250 airline credit after January 1st, 2019, as well as the $250 resort credit and another free weekend night after my annual fee is billed in May 2019.

Last edited by nabeelj; Dec 14, 2018 at 10:00 am
Old Dec 14, 2018, 9:57 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lordvaderman
2. When you actually have the Resort Credit available to use does it show the "Credit Available" progress bar on the "Benefits" tab, just like it does with the Airline Fee Credit? Mine does not for the Resort Credit
No.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by nabeelj
​​​​​​Since there's been some chatter of which benefits apply when upgrading, I thought I'd document the dates of my upgrade to illustrate:

May 9 - Ascend $95 renewal fee
Oct 12 - upgraded from Ascend to Aspire
Oct 24 - received $250 airline fee credit (charges were on Oct 20)
Nov 17 - received $32.16 resort credit (charge was on previous day)
Nov 21 - received $217.84 resort credit (charge was on previous day)
Dec 9 - Ascend $39.58 refund and Aspire $187.50 prorated fee
Dec 13 - email from Amex indicating free w/e night
Dec 14 - email from Hilton with free w/e night details

So, it seems I received the airline credit in 2018, the resort credit in the partial year and the free weekend night after my partial year prorated fee was billed.

I fully expect to be able use my $250 airline credit after January 1st, 2019, as well as the $250 resort credit and another free weekend night after my annual fee is billed in May 2019.
Thanks - this is very helpful!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.