Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Old Dec 7, 2018, 11:49 am

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Could you list the rate details including the prepayment verbiage?

Originally Posted by laserg
Looks like the hotel charged my AMEX Aspire card, I HOPE! See below for reservation details.
Pending 12/04/2018
Posted 12/06/2018

Online account transaction reads as follows:
DEC5 HILTON HOTEL BUF THNDR - SANTA FE, NM $XXX.XX
Doing business as:
HILTON SANTAFE N BFFLO THNDR
View Details on Merchant Website
20 BUFFALO THUNDER TRAIL
-
SANTA FE
NM
UNITED STATES
Additional Information: 801177 505-455-5555
Reference: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Category: Travel - Lodging
Dispute/Inquire about this Charge

Itinerary Details
Arrival
12/04/18
Departure
12/04/18

LODGING
505-455-5555

Reference:
10/4/2018 upgraded from Ascend to Aspire card.
11/13/2018 booked Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder (listed as a resort) using:Rate Details ANOTHER DAY IN PARADISE - ANTHR DAY IN PARADSE

I'll check with AMEX after charge posts to my account. Will use foreign resort booking data points to persuade if possible, seems reasonable at this point since they haven't clarified the policy. Will update if $250 credit is applied.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 11:52 am

Not sure if this is the best thread, but can someone confirm if a Domestic 3rd night free rate is charged by the hotel or Tennessee/Nashville?
Old Dec 7, 2018, 1:36 pm

11/13/2018 booked Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder (listed as a resort) using:
Rate Details ANOTHER DAY IN PARADISE - ANTHR DAY IN PARADSE

How can I tell if this was booked through the hotel or not? Thanks
Old Dec 7, 2018, 5:01 pm

Your rate did since it says the hotel name. Im curious what the rate details say (e.g. prepayment now) or acted like some of the HH semi flex

Can you tell me the dates for that rate?
Old Dec 7, 2018, 7:21 pm

It was an advanced payment / non-refundable rate - ANTHR DAY IN PARADSE. I think it was buy three nights get the fourth night free. Res made on 11/13, but not billed until 12/4. The actual travel isn't until April 2019. Hope that helps. Plus I hope the $250 resort credit posts in the next few days. Will update.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 12:10 am

Does anyone know if corporate rates will trigger the credit? It says cancellation up till 3 days before, but is there any other way to verify or if anyone has experience with corp rates?
Old Dec 8, 2018, 7:10 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by travel5fun
Does anyone know if corporate rates will trigger the credit? It says cancellation up till 3 days before, but is there any other way to verify or if anyone has experience with corp rates?
As per the wiki, it can be a corporate rate, a non corporate rate, a rate rate, or tampons at the gift shop. The question is whether it is billed by the property. If it is, it qualifies.

You dont say where the property is but a 3 day cancellation isnt the same as a prepaid rate. Thus there is no reason to think this wouldn't qualify
Old Dec 8, 2018, 11:30 am

Yahoo!
$250 resort credit posted today.

Reference:
It was an advanced payment / non-refundable rate - ANTHR DAY IN PARADSE. I think it was buy three nights get the fourth night free. Res made on 11/13, but not billed until 12/4. The actual travel isn't until April 2019. Hope that helps. Plus I hope the $250 resort credit posts in the next few days. Will update.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 3:35 pm

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Someone should simply list all of the resorts that are eligible for this offer. Searching is too complicated and yields many different results.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 4:30 pm

Seems like the terms have changed and new members only get the $250 resort credit after their first renewal, and not at all during the first year. Called Amex and they confirmed. Makes it a deal killer for me...
Old Dec 9, 2018, 6:51 am

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
Originally Posted by bomax
Seems like the terms have changed and new members only get the $250 resort credit after their first renewal, and not at all during the first year. Called Amex and they confirmed. Makes it a deal killer for me...
Is this for new signups?

Because curent T&Cs say: "During each year of your Card Membership ("reward year"), you are eligible to receive up to $250 total in statement credits on your Card Account for eligible purchases made directly with participating Hilton Resorts with your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card during that reward year. Your first reward year begins on your account opening date. (B/U mine) Each subsequent reward year begins on the anniversary of your account opening date."

The Main Benefits page does say "Upon renewal of your Card, enjoy $250 in Hilton Resort Credits each year when you stay at a participating resorts within the Hilton portfolio.‡" However, when you click more and see terms, you get the above.

EDIT: I just checked out terms on a new offer page and they are the same as above, so I believe the Amex CSR was wrong.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 8:04 am

BOMAX, not true, I got the credit after upgrading to Aspire from Ascend. Haven't even paid the prorated annual fee for the Aspire yet.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by flyaxa
Is this for new signups?

Because curent T&Cs say: "During each year of your Card Membership ("reward year"), you are eligible to receive up to $250 total in statement credits on your Card Account for eligible purchases made directly with participating Hilton Resorts with your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card during that reward year. Your first reward year begins on your account opening date. (B/U mine) Each subsequent reward year begins on the anniversary of your account opening date."

The Main Benefits page does say "Upon renewal of your Card, enjoy $250 in Hilton Resort Credits each year when you stay at a participating resorts within the Hilton portfolio.‡" However, when you click more and see terms, you get the above.

EDIT: I just checked out terms on a new offer page and they are the same as above, so I believe the Amex CSR was wrong.
You are totally right. The language on the Main Benefits page indicates only renewal years (which is what the CSR and I were reading from) but the actual T&Cs are clear that you get it the first year as well.

I also noticed that if using a referral, the language on the Main Benefits page reverts to indicate it includes the first year. Not sure what’s going on but in any case seems that the credit still applies in all years.

Thanks for checking into this. I signed up for the card.

Last edited by bomax; Dec 9, 2018 at 11:02 am
Old Dec 9, 2018, 8:13 pm

Great DP as this particular domestic AP rate is charged directly by the hotel. I may just give a shot with a stay 2 get 3rd nt free rate now.

Rate Details ANOTHER DAY IN PARADISE

ANOTHER DAY IN PARADISE STAY 3 GET THE 4TH NIGHT FREE. FULL PREPAY. NO CNCL. DAILY DISCOUNT INCLDES FREE NGHT.

Originally Posted by laserg
Yahoo!
$250 resort credit posted today.

Reference:
Old Dec 10, 2018, 9:44 am

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
Booked two rooms at a doubletree resort stacked with Amex offer, refunded $250 and $45 3 days after checkout. $25 out of pocket, and 12,500 points earned

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.