Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Old Dec 3, 2018, 6:49 am

Just live chat with AmEx. They will tell you
Old Dec 3, 2018, 10:02 pm

anyone have a recent DP on whether advanced purchase rates will trigger the credit? I (stupidly) booked a AP rate last month before reading this thread. It posted as HILTON BRANDS ADVANCE PURCHASE on amex from Memphis, and not Nashville as I read it used to.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 12:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Anyone know if 3rd night free promos (prepaid) get billed directly by US hotels?
Old Dec 4, 2018, 9:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by frudd38
So for the domestic Advanced Purchase rates that don't get credited ahead of time, do they eventually get credited automatically after the stay, something that needs to be worked out at the hotel, or no credit at all?
So is the consensus for domestic AP rates on a valid resort hotel is to call/chat with Amex after the 12 week mark to have the credit manually applied? Or is that a gamble in itself? There is no specific AP exclusion in the credit terms.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 1:03 am

I had a friend honeymooning in the Maldives. I emailed the hotel and asked for a bottle of Champagne to be sent to their room. I gave them my Amex and didn't think anything of it. I just got the $250 credit! A nice surprise indeed.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by sdix
I had a friend honeymooning in the Maldives. I emailed the hotel and asked for a bottle of Champagne to be sent to their room. I gave them my Amex and didn't think anything of it. I just got the $250 credit! A nice surprise indeed.
I am doing something quite similar but not sending a bottle of champagne. I tell the Conrad Maldives to charged me $250 for a credit I can use next year during my stay. I am still waiting for my credit granted this was processed 2 days ago. How long for you to receive the $250 credit?

Also, is it coded like this CONRAD MALDIVES RANGRANGALI?

Thank you in advance.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 5:54 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Wow - - the Conrad Maldives actually did this?
Old Dec 5, 2018, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by Abidjan
Wow - - the Conrad Maldives actually did this?
Yes, they let me do it.Just have to fill up the form and send a copy of my passport for them to process. They also mentioned that please bring the credit card that was charged during my stay. it also coded 14x, so now I am just wondering if I will get the credit.

Edit: I received the credit today.

Transaction posted on 12/2 CONRAD MALDIVES RANGRANGALI
Transaction posted on 12/4 credit CONRAD MALDIVES RANGRANGALI $250

Last edited by shosana; Dec 5, 2018 at 7:09 am
Old Dec 6, 2018, 12:45 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
I have two free night Amex certs, and want to use them at the Beverly Hills Waldorf Astoria. Even if its paid with certs, do I get the $100 resort credit for the two night stay at Conrad or Waldorf Astoria?
Old Dec 6, 2018, 5:02 am

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
I have two free night Amex certs, and want to use them at the Beverly Hills Waldorf Astoria. Even if it’s paid with certs, do I get the $100 resort credit for the two night stay at Conrad or Waldorf Astoria?
For the $100 resort credit you have to book through a direct link, HiltonHonors.com/aspirecard, or call in to book and reference ZZAAP1. I'm not sure either of those will allow payment with certs, will they?
Old Dec 6, 2018, 5:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
I have two free night Amex certs, and want to use them at the Beverly Hills Waldorf Astoria. Even if its paid with certs, do I get the $100 resort credit for the two night stay at Conrad or Waldorf Astoria?
For starters I would suggest re-reading the Amex Aspire T&C's. The $100 Conrad/Waldorf credit is only available if you book a specific paid rate via the specific website link there (and completely different from the $250 credit discussed here).

Thus, unless you need multiple rooms or a stay longer than 4 days, it is theoretically impossible to book 2 nights with Amex free night certs while at the same time being on the special paid rate for the $100 Conrad/Waldorf credit.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 6:55 am

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
I have two free night Amex certs, and want to use them at the Beverly Hills Waldorf Astoria. Even if it’s paid with certs, do I get the $100 resort credit for the two night stay at Conrad or Waldorf Astoria?
Sorry, I posted incorrect information. You won't get the credit unless you book according to the T/C as noted by the other replies to this.

Last edited by thebat; Dec 6, 2018 at 7:30 am Reason: incorrect info
Old Dec 6, 2018, 7:06 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by thebat
You will get for for any charges such as food, drinks, etc charged to your room and paid for at check out.
NO this is incorrect. The $250 Hilton Resort Credit will apply to that, but he was asking about the $100 for 2 night WA and Conrad stays, which, as was correctly explained a few dozen times and is stated in the terms of the card ONLY applies when a specific rate is booked.
They are completely different benefits and work differently.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 8:56 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat Pro, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by pretzlaff
I have looked and looked at the AmEx website and cannot see when my anniversary date is. Oddly, also, I do not see my annual fee in any of my statements. The first statement seems to be Mar18.

Can I look at the card and figure that the expiry month is the date?? That is February.

I hate that some things are calendar years and some are card month start years.
Agreed. They should start with anniversary date and then move to calendar date in subsequent years.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 2:25 pm

Update: Advance payment just posted to Aspire account. Waiting on Credit

Looks like the hotel charged my AMEX Aspire card, I HOPE! See below for reservation details.
Pending 12/04/2018
Posted 12/06/2018

Online account transaction reads as follows:
DEC5 HILTON HOTEL BUF THNDR - SANTA FE, NM $XXX.XX
Doing business as:
HILTON SANTAFE N BFFLO THNDR
View Details on Merchant Website
20 BUFFALO THUNDER TRAIL
-
SANTA FE
NM
UNITED STATES
Additional Information: 801177 505-455-5555
Reference: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Category: Travel - Lodging
Dispute/Inquire about this Charge

Itinerary Details
Arrival
12/04/18
Departure
12/04/18

LODGING
505-455-5555

Reference:
10/4/2018 upgraded from Ascend to Aspire card.
11/13/2018 booked Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder (listed as a resort) using:Rate Details ANOTHER DAY IN PARADISE - ANTHR DAY IN PARADSE

I'll check with AMEX after charge posts to my account. Will use foreign resort booking data points to persuade if possible, seems reasonable at this point since they haven't clarified the policy. Will update if $250 credit is applied.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.