Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2018, 8:56 am

Upgraded from Ascend to Aspire card on 10/4/2018.
Just advanced booked Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder (listed as a resort) using:

Rate Details ANOTHER DAY IN PARADISE - ANTHR DAY IN PARADSE

I'll check with AMEX after charge posts to my account. Will use foreign resort booking data points to persuade if possible, seems reasonable at this point since they haven't clarified the policy.
Will update if $250 credit is applied.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 8:59 am

$250 resort credit refreshes on your Amex CARD anniversary. $250 airline credit refreshes ANNUALLY, January 1st (each calendar year).
Old Nov 14, 2018, 6:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
So for the domestic Advanced Purchase rates that don't get credited ahead of time, do they eventually get credited automatically after the stay, something that needs to be worked out at the hotel, or no credit at all?

Anyone redeem at the Hilton Grand Vacations MarBrisa yet?

Last edited by frudd38; Nov 14, 2018 at 7:37 pm
Old Nov 15, 2018, 8:45 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by laserg
$250 resort credit refreshes on your Amex CARD anniversary. $250 airline credit refreshes ANNUALLY, January 1st (each calendar year).
Just doing a sanity check:

Calendar year refresh:
  • $250 airline credit
Cardmember year refresh:
  • $250 resort credit
  • Weekend night certificate
Per booking:
  • $100 on-property Hilton credit (Waldorf/Conrad properties only, specific rate/website req'd)

Last edited by milesforhire; Nov 16, 2018 at 9:26 am Reason: correction
Old Nov 16, 2018, 6:22 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by milesforhire
Just doing a sanity check:

Per booking:
  • $100 on-property Hilton credit
Just remember that this is only for Waldorf and Conrad properties and that you must book a specific rate on a specific website to get this!
Old Nov 16, 2018, 8:02 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by christianj
Just remember that this is only for Waldorf and Conrad properties and that you must book a specific rate on a specific website to get this!
Good catch. Fixed!
Old Nov 16, 2018, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by milesforhire
Good catch. Fixed!
So the credit is not valid on award stays?

Also, if i make an award reservation under my account and pay at checkout with my wife's Aspire card will we receive the Resort Credit or does it need to be booked under her account?
Old Nov 16, 2018, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by osugrad2x

Also, if i make an award reservation under my account and pay at checkout with my wife's Aspire card will we receive the Resort Credit or does it need to be booked under her account?
Read the terms! According to the terms you must book a specific rate on a specific website or by calling in and requesting a specific rate code. If the rate code dictates the credit (which we don't know for sure) then I would assume an award stay won't trigger the credit.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 9:35 am

Read the terms! According to the terms you must book a specific rate on a specific website or by calling in and requesting a specific rate code. If the rate code dictates the credit (which we don't know for sure) then I would assume an award stay won't trigger the credit.
For one, I read the terms there is no reason to get hostile and what you're referring to is the $100 Conrad credit, I'm not talking about that. For the $250 resort credit, some posts above state that the credit will post as long as you checkout with the Aspire card and the room was booked on the Hilton website assuming you have charges of course. Now even though i booked award stay, I will still have incidentals for food and transportation. My question is, is the credit only available to the person who booked the room? If i have the points but my wife has the card is that a problem?
Old Nov 16, 2018, 10:35 am

For one, I read the terms there is no reason to get hostile and what you're referring to is the $100 Conrad credit, I'm not talking about that.
So you quoted a post specifically discussing the $100 Conrad credit, but you're talking about the other credit - hard for people to read your mind...
Old Nov 16, 2018, 10:55 am

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
The resort credit is valid for award stays.

It does not matter which account the reservation is made under.

What matters is that the Aspire credit card is used for the payment directly to an eligible resort. The credit is made by American Express, which has no idea about how the reservation was made or whether it was an award or paid stay.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by WantOnlinePoker
So you quoted a post specifically discussing the $100 Conrad credit, but you're talking about the other credit - hard for people to read your mind...
Thank you!

For one, I read the terms there is no reason to get hostile and what you're referring to is the $100 Conrad credit, I'm not talking about that.
My post was not meant to be hostile but I guess you took it that way due to the ! sign. Sorry!
Old Nov 16, 2018, 12:29 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
My post was not meant to be hostile but I guess you took it that way due to the ! sign. Sorry!
Now you're getting hostile with your apologies!
Old Nov 16, 2018, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by jbeckett
The resort credit is valid for award stays.

It does not matter which account the reservation is made under.

What matters is that the Aspire credit card is used for the payment directly to an eligible resort. The credit is made by American Express, which has no idea about how the reservation was made or whether it was an award or paid stay.
Thank you.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 9:22 am

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
It has now been over 8 weeks since we checked out of the Elara, Las Vegas. Elara is on the eligible list and I called Amex before we checked in to make sure of that. I still haven't received the $250 credit. I just got off a chat session about it and they claimed they knew nothing about this benefit! I had to go up the line to a supervisor who really took her time to find out it existed. Then she said my stay was " ineligible." I asked why and she couldn't tell me. She finally said I had to wait the full 12 weeks to inquire about it. Very unsatisfactory session with Amex chat!
Another strange thing about this is we stayed at the Tropicana Las Vegas for a couple days before we checked into Elara. We paid with Mrs Bat's Aspire card and the credit posted before the doors of the Trop bumped our butts as we left. I guess they just haven't worked out all the bugs with this new card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.