Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Old Oct 6, 2018, 9:52 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Free Range Airline Chicken
I would expect it would IF the charges were run through the Hilton, and not directly by a vendor operating within the Hilton. Haven’t tried it, though. This could be your opportunity to be a data point!
Old Oct 6, 2018, 10:14 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by Super Mario
I'm almost sorry to ask a question here, but here goes. I will be in Vegas in the next month, but not staying at a Hilton resort. If I walk into an eligible one for drinks and food, will the credit trigger?
Very unlikely, as any of the charges will be processed by the actual venue rather than the hotel unless the charge is signed to the room. E.g., when the property was an MO, anyone paying at the Mandarin Bar, Twist, etc. would all be charged by Mandarin Bar, Twist, etc. rather than the MO.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 1:43 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Can I use the $250 credit at a place not listed in the resorts guide?
Old Oct 7, 2018, 8:03 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
It's possible; one such property is listed in the thread wiki.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gengar
It's possible; one such property is listed in the thread wiki.
Yes, but I definitely wouldn't expect it. To be completely safe, you should stick to the properties listed on hilton.com/resorts
Old Oct 8, 2018, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
Yep, the credit is actually good for all properties in the Hilton portfolio. However if you're staying at one that's not on the resorts list then you must give the front desk clerk the secret handshake at check-in.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 5:17 pm

Received $250 credit for WA LV deposit for a stay next year.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 8:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Confirmation upgraded cards immediately get $250 in credit?

I was just told by chat that if you upgraded to Aspire, you don't get any $250 resort credit until *after* your next anniversary. That seems to contradict other posters in this thread, specifically:

Originally Posted by xcitech
When do the "deposits" for online bookings get charged?

I upgraded my Ascend to the Aspire just before my card renewal date.. so I have only 2 days to utilize the $250 resort credit. I made a bunch of bookings which require a deposit (Tropicana Las Vegas, Hilton Suites Ocean City MD, Casa Marina Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort). All bookings I made are "Honors Discount" rate, and all required a deposit. However, none of the charges show up in my credit card account. The Hilton rep told that the deposits would be charged on the given credit card at the time of checkin. Is that true?

Any other way to get the credit now?
Originally Posted by jbeckett
You receive all benefits immediately, including the resort credit, airline credit, and free night (well, you'll have to wait 10 weeks or so for this one to be credited for your use).
Can anyone confirm that they received the credit on an upgraded Aspire, prior to their card anniversary? My anniversary is 10/30, and my stay is one night 10/27.

I did get the $250 airline credit without incident, FWIW.Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 10, 2018, 10:26 am

Programs: American Airlines Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by DaveH
I was just told by chat that if you upgraded to Aspire, you don't get any $250 resort credit until *after* your next anniversary. That seems to contradict other posters in this thread, specifically:

Can anyone confirm that they received the credit on an upgraded Aspire, prior to their card anniversary? My anniversary is 10/30, and my stay is one night 10/27.

I did get the $250 airline credit without incident, FWIW.Thanks in advance!
I upgraded this past Sept. and had received credit for my incidentals at Hotel Del Coronado two weekends ago. I also got the $250 airline credit as well.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 10:29 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Thank you Jima131! That is reassuring.

I'm impressed that you saw a resort credit mere weeks after you upgraded. That should bode well for my own case.

Any other datapoints?
Old Oct 10, 2018, 10:59 am

Programs: American Airlines Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by DaveH
Thank you Jima131! That is reassuring.

I'm impressed that you saw a resort credit mere weeks after you upgraded. That should bode well for my own case.

Any other datapoints?
I upgraded early in Sept. over the phone and the rep said that I'll be able to get the $250 resort credit right away. My stay at Hotel Del Coronado was end of Sept. and the $61.58 credit came in a week later. The total included $39 self parking fee, coffee at the gift shop, ice cream in one of the resort shop, and just tip at the restaurant since I have the breakfast voucher. The crucial step is to charge to your room during your stay.

The resort credit is by card anniversary so it won't be until Sept. 2019 that the credit amount will renew for me. The airline credit is by calendar year so by January I will have another $250 airline credit to use.

During Thanksgiving I will be staying at the Hilton Grand Vacations Club in Hilton Hawaiian Village and while it is listed in the resort list I am still not fully certain if the HGVC stay will be covered by the resort credit. It'll be nice to get credit for the $40+ nightly parking fee there. I'll give an update after my stay.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 5:54 pm

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
My wife and I have one of the old joint Honors accounts, I will lose my Diamond status in March - have an Aspire card in my name. I would like the welcome bonus so thinking I could have my wife apply for the Ascend in June, tie it to our joint number.

Any ideas on if this will work?
Old Oct 11, 2018, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by jima131
I upgraded early in Sept. over the phone and the rep said that I'll be able to get the $250 resort credit right away.
Excellent. Thanks for the confirmation. With two confirmed data points and nothing to the contrary, I'm feeling more confident about this now.

The resort credit is by card anniversary so it won't be until Sept. 2019 that the credit amount will renew for me.
I *believe* (and have been told) that the card anniversary for upgraded accounts isn't the date of upgrade, but date of original account opening.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 10:55 am

Programs: AA PLT, UA GLD
Originally Posted by cce5858
Just got off the phone with Amex and they have an internal memo that specifically mentions between January and April, advance purchase resort bookings did not trigger the $250 credit. Apparently it has been fixed since May? Any data points on this? She noted my account and even copied and pasted the memo into the notes on my account. And told me to go ahead and book the cheapest advance purchase rate. She also said that if for any reason it fails to post, she can adjust it after 14 days of posting.

Any data points of advance purchase resort bookings made after May not posting or posting automatically?

Lastly, does the $250 resort credit reset on the card opening date, or the date the annual fee posts (usually 25 days later)?
I had advance purchase on 7/3 on a NON-RESORT property, and the charge was credited back to me on 9/5. I didn't call or whatever as I didn't expecte this to happen. the charge was from Memphis, TN, not Nashville as other people posted. it appears all US property AP rates are charged from the same office not the property, thus AMEX won't be able to differentiate resort or not.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by xcitech
What happens to the Hilton Aspire credit if I get a refund for the charge that triggered the credit?

I had a short window before card renewal to make use of the credit, and I made a booking with a Waldorf Astoria in Key west (Casa Marina) which charged a deposit. The deposit triggered the credit, and I have received the full $250 credit on my account. Later on, reading the reviews of the resort it seems it is not so good, and I would like to cancel the booking if the credit still stays on my account. The booking is fully refundable. Will I lose the credit? If the credit is taken back, I will effectively lose the $250 because I am on a new cardmember year now.
Didn't see anyone answer this question and I am wondering the same thing. Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.