Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2018, 4:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Adam1222
My "supposition" is that you havent provided any information to verify your statements. Not sure how that could be "off-base."
Agreed. This "I have secret information that I'm not sharing" is neither credible nor consistent with FT ethos.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by Adam1222
My "supposition" is that you havent provided any information to verify your statements. Not sure how that could be "off-base."
You crack me up. Props for your persistence though...it’s admirable. Curious about one thing...what instills such confidence in you that HH got this done accurately right out of the box? Many of us who have been active on this board for many years recognize that many program revisions and promos have coding errors when rolled out. Some work in our favor, some don’t. Some are made public, some aren’t. I’m afraid that history isn’t on your side.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 6:06 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by smmrfld

You crack me up. Props for your persistence though...it’s admirable. Curious about one thing...what instills such confidence in you that HH got this done accurately right out of the box? Many of us who have been active on this board for many years recognize that many program revisions and promos have coding errors when rolled out. Some work in our favor, some don’t. Some are made public, some aren’t. I’m afraid that history isn’t on your side.
If you're suggesting I havent been active on this board for many years, I think I'm approaching 10.
I'll just go back to my initial point, which you seem to be repeatedly, deliberately ignoring.

It does no good to repeatedly tell people asking if they can use the credit at non resort properties "Someone did. I wont give you any details." And then to be snarky when others answer the question "No."
But props for your persistence in continuing to think its somehow helpful. It cracks me up.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 4:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Hi,

does se anyone know whether this credit apply to the Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas? Staying there this weekend.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by oneworld82
Hi,

does se anyone know whether this credit apply to the Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas? Staying there this weekend.
It should as the property is identified as a "resort".
Old Sep 18, 2018, 4:09 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Troopers
It should as the property is identified as a "resort".
that is great! and would any expense at bar, spa, etc, even food be covered?
Old Sep 18, 2018, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
The Waldorf Astoria LAS doesn't appear at the Hilton Resorts link so I wouldn't expect it to trigger the credit. However, if you were to see the credit then please come back and let us know.

Edit: corrected per below, Waldorf Astoria LAS is listed but doesn't show up when searching Nevada

that is great! and would any expense at bar, spa, etc, even food be covered?
Answered many times in this thread, anything charged directly by a qualifying hotel to your Aspire card will trigger the credit.

Last edited by JJeffrey; Sep 18, 2018 at 8:09 am
Old Sep 18, 2018, 6:44 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
The Waldorf Astoria LAS doesn't appear at the Hilton Resorts link so I wouldn't expect it to trigger the credit. However, if you were to see the credit then please come back and let us know.
It does appear in the Hilton Resorts link. But for some reason it doesn't show up when filtering by Nevada.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mudpuppy
It does appear in the Hilton Resorts link. But for some reason it doesn't show up when filtering by Nevada.
Weird! Go figure...
Old Sep 18, 2018, 9:44 am

When do the "deposits" for online bookings get charged?

I upgraded my Ascend to the Aspire just before my card renewal date.. so I have only 2 days to utilize the $250 resort credit. I made a bunch of bookings which require a deposit (Tropicana Las Vegas, Hilton Suites Ocean City MD, Casa Marina Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort). All bookings I made are "Honors Discount" rate, and all required a deposit. However, none of the charges show up in my credit card account. The Hilton rep told that the deposits would be charged on the given credit card at the time of checkin. Is that true?

Any other way to get the credit now?
Old Sep 18, 2018, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xcitech

I upgraded my Ascend to the Aspire just before my card renewal date.. so I have only 2 days to utilize the $250 resort credit. I made a bunch of bookings which require a deposit (Tropicana Las Vegas, Hilton Suites Ocean City MD, Casa Marina Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort). All bookings I made are "Honors Discount" rate, and all required a deposit. However, none of the charges show up in my credit card account. The Hilton rep told that the deposits would be charged on the given credit card at the time of checkin. Is that true?

This may be a stupid suggestion, but could you try calling the property directly and ask them to charge your card now. It may not work, but I would think someone would be happy for the revenue grab if you told them why you were making the request.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by xcitech

It varies widely, I've seem some hotels that charge the deposit immediately after booking, and for others it can be random, a week or month later, etc.

I would just call one of the hotels and ask them to charge the deposit now, should not be a problem.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by diesteldorf
This may be a stupid suggestion, but could you try calling the property directly and ask them to charge your card now. It may not work, but I would think someone would be happy for the revenue grab if you told them why you were making the request.
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
It varies widely, I've seem some hotels that charge the deposit immediately after booking, and for others it can be random, a week or month later, etc.

I would just call one of the hotels and ask them to charge the deposit now, should not be a problem.
Thanks for the ideas, I was able to call the hotels and get one property to charge the deposit. The charges show up as pending, and they might not post before the account anniversary. For the credit, will they still be counted as this year's credit, or the new card member year credit?
Basically, the charges are made in the current cardmember year, but they will post after the anniversary.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 11:42 am

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
The Waldorf Astoria is showing for me on the opening page of the link. I look at the Nevada hotels a lot I wonder if that page or the resort list
checks the cookies on my device?
Data point: just checked out of the Tropicana Las Vegas and a $250 credit showed up the next day. I was very pleasantly surprised.

Old Sep 22, 2018, 12:06 pm

Programs: Hilton - Diamond; SPG/Marriott - Gold
I noticed a new hotel available today in my resorts search: Valdoro Lodge by Hilton Grand Vacations in Breckenridge, CO.

I've searched the Colorado resorts list probably 15 times over the last year to see if there was an easy way to use my Aspire credit and never noticed the Valdoro before. Unfortunately, it's not showing any availability. Perhaps other HGVC properties will be listed?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.