Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 5, 19, 4:16 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Enigma368
Wiki Link
$250 Hilton Resort Credit

AMEX TERMS:
During each year of your Card Membership ("reward year"), you are eligible to receive up to $250 total in statement credits on your Card Account for eligible purchases made directly with participating Hilton Resorts with your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card during that reward year. Your first reward year begins on your account opening date. Each subsequent reward year begins on the anniversary of your account opening date.
Eligible Hilton Resort purchases must be made directly with the participating Hilton Resort and charged to your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card account for the benefit to apply. Incidental charges (including charges made at restaurants, spas, and other establishments within the hotel property) must be charged to your room and paid for with your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card at checkout in order for them to be recognized as Hilton Resort purchases. Visit hilton.com/resorts for the list of participating Hilton Resorts. Purchases made by both the Basic and Additional Card Members on the eligible Card Account are eligible for statement credits. However, each Card Account is eligible for up to a total of $250 per renewal year in statement credits across all Cards on the Card Account. Please allow 8-12 weeks after the eligible Hilton purchase is charged to your Card Account for statement credit(s) to be posted to the Account. Please call the number on the back of your Card if statement credits have not posted after 12 weeks from the date of purchase. Card Members remain responsible for timely payment of all charges.

FAQ

ELIGIBLE RATES
1) Do you have to book directly through Hilton in order to receive the resort credit?
NO. See below.

2) If Iím booking at Hilton.com or through the Hilton app, etc., are any rates not eligible for the resort credit?
Any rates charged by the hotel directly will trigger the credit. Advance purchase rates for properties in the USA are charged by Hilton Corporate in Tennessee and WILL NOT trigger the credit. Advance purchase rates for properties outside the USA are typically charged by the hotel directly, so these WILL trigger the credit. According to DoC and the discussion from post #849 onwards advance purchase rates are becoming ineligible starting Aug 1, 2019, though it is unclear how this will be enforced for international properties.

3) I have to book through my corporate travel agent or use my corporate rate code at Hilton.com, will I still get the resort credit?
YES. Any rates that are charged by the hotel directly will trigger the credit.

4) What about bookings through Orbitz, Expedia, and other online travel agencies?
As long as the rate is ďpay at hotelĒ then it will trigger the credit. Prepaid and other special rates that are charged directly by Orbitz or Expedia, etc. and not the hotel will not trigger the credit.

5) Iím looking at an eligible hotel that charges a refundable one-night deposit for all bookings, can I get the resort credit for this?
YES. As long as the deposit is charged directly by an eligible hotel to your Aspire, it will trigger the credit.

6) I see the Aspire also offers a $100 property credit at certain Conrad and Waldorf Astoria properties. What is the difference? Can I combine both credits?
YES, these are different credits but it is possible to combine them. In order to be eligible for the $100 property credit you must book a specific rate via the www.hiltonhonorsaspirecard.com website. The $100 property credit will be applied by the property at check-out before you card is charged, while the $250 resort credit will be applied by AMEX a few days after the charge appears on your statement.

For example, say you book the qualifying property credit rate via the website above for 2 nights @ $250/night, and then charge $100 in dinner to your room. At check-out, your preliminary folio is $600. The front desk will apply the $100 credit, making your final folio $500 which would be charged to your Aspire. A few days later AMEX will apply the $250 resort credit to your AMEX statement, making your total out of pocket only $250 for a $600 stay. Not bad!

ELIGIBLE PROPERTIES
7) Only properties listed at the official Hilton Resorts link (hilton.com/resorts) are eligible for this credit!

8) However, the hilton.com/resorts website isnít the best! Please search thoroughly. For example, the Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas does not appear when you search North America > US & Hawaii > Nevada, but it does appear if you search the map.

9) I didnít see a property listed at the official Hilton Resorts link, but it did show up when searching Hilton.com and filtering amenities to ďResort Property,Ē can I get the resort credit here?
NO. Only properties listed at the official Hilton Resorts link (hilton.com/resorts) are eligible for the credit.

10) What about this hotel I stayed at last year, itís not listed at the official Hilton Resorts link, but it has a pool and a spa and the sun was out when I was there, surely I can get the resort credit there?
NO. Only properties listed at the official Hilton Resorts link (hilton.com/resorts) are eligible for the credit.

11) OK, I get it, only properties listed at the official Hilton Resorts link (hilton.com/resorts) are eligible for the credit, but are there any others that have fallen through the cracks?
Any properties that are not listed at the official Hilton Resorts link but with positive reports of triggering the resort credit are listed below:
- HILTON WAIKIKI BEACH HOTEL (reported by jphripjah May 1, 2018) Has been added to hilton.com/resorts since.
El Conquistador Tucson, A Hilton Resort is not listed on Hilton Resorts searchable link (by state), but shows up on the map. It is reported it by mdosu April 10, 2018 that there is positive report of triggering the resort credit.

ELIGIBLE CHARGES
12) What charges are eligible for this resort credit?
ANYTHING charged directly by the hotel or to your room by an eligible property will trigger the resort credit. Room rate, taxes, fees, room service, dining, bars, spa, transportation, jet skis, beach chairs, excursions, etc. etc. etc. AMEX doesnít discriminate on what the charge is, as long as the charge appears directly from an eligible hotel it will trigger the credit.

13) I booked an award stay using Honors points at an eligible property, can I still get the resort credit for incidentals charged to the room if I pay with my Aspire?
YES. ANYTHING charged to your room by an eligible property will trigger the resort credit, as long as you settle the charges with your Aspire.

14) I booked a prepaid rate through Orbitz at an eligible property with a different credit card, can I still get the resort credit for my hotel bar tab that I charged to the room if settle this at check-out with my Aspire?
YES. ANYTHING charged to your room by an eligible property will trigger the resort credit, as long as you settle the charges with your Aspire.

15) I bought some cat food and fresh underwear at the hotel gift shop and charged it to my room. Itís an eligible property and Iím paying with my Aspire, but surely I wonít get the resort credit for this?
WRONG. ANYTHING charged to your room by an eligible property will trigger the resort credit, as long as you settle the charges with your Aspire. And donít call me Shirley.

CREDIT TIMING
16) How long does the resort credit take to post to my Amex statement?
The resort credit typically posts between 2-5 days after the eligible charge posts to your Amex account.

17) What happens if I stay in an eligible property, pay with my Aspire, but the resort credit doesn't post automatically?
If the resort credit hasn't posted within 7 days, it will most likely not post automatically, and you need to call Amex to have it manually applied. Unfortunately Amex typically requires you to wait until 8 weeks after the charge before they will manually apply the resort credit. The credit not posting automatically is very rare though, see below.

18) What properties seem to have issues with the credit posting automatically?
FT members have reported that the resort credit has not posted automatically at several of the eligible resorts:

19) Is the credit per membership year or per calendar year?
Per membership year. Your first reward year begins on your account opening date. Each subsequent reward year begins on the anniversary of your account opening date.

20) At what resorts has the resort fee been credited for?
WA Grand Wailea - Multiple reports of credit not posting automatically, however one positive data point in Feb 2019 of the credit posting, YMMV.
DT Fallsview Resort Niagara Falls - several reports
Hilton Tokyo Bay - several reports
Elara Las Vegas - several reports
WA La Quinta - two reports
Hilton Mauritius - one report
Hilton Sedona - one report
Jewel Dunn River Curio Jamaica - one report
Hilton Malta - one report
Hilton Queenstown Resort and Spa - 8/2019
Hilton Hangzhou Qiandao Lake Resort - 4/2018
Hilton Sanqingshan Resort -4/2019
Print Wikipost

Old Aug 11, 19, 4:51 pm

Programs: DL SM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott/SPG Plat; Radisson Gold; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by satman40 View Post

the misconduct was the hotel trying to cheat them out of their credit.
By taking 3 days to post a credit that the program says can take up to 8 to 12 weeks to post? You may want to look at the moon landing, assassination of JFK, and Area 51....
Old Aug 11, 19, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by Adam1222 View Post
By taking 3 days to post a credit that the program says can take up to 8 to 12 weeks to post? You may want to look at the moon landing, assassination of JFK, and Area 51....
Read carefully before firing your barrage of ridicule. The misconduct is not the length of time to process the credit, but backdating it 3 days before it actually happened.
Old Aug 11, 19, 5:11 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
I said it as a Joke, otherwise I would have said beat them with a bull whip...not a wet noodle..
Old Aug 11, 19, 6:58 pm

Programs: DL SM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott/SPG Plat; Radisson Gold; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by MaxVO View Post
Read carefully before firing your barrage of ridicule. The misconduct is not the length of time to process the credit, but backdating it 3 days before it actually happened.
Oh, that wasn't a barrage of ridicule. (And it wasn't even a response to you, but to someone else who has clarified that they agree this is overwrought handwringing.)
I still see no evidence of "misconduct." Often, transactions post on different dates then they were recorded, without any "misconduct." Misconduct is a heavy accusation.
Old Aug 11, 19, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by Adam1222 View Post
you sir have won the internet for the day!
Old Aug 12, 19, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BrlDsguise View Post
Sounds like Amex took three days to post the credit.

Does it really matter?
What matters is that other people keep posting stuff like "it's been 4 days and I still haven't the credit" and then never coming back to update the post, making other people think that a particular property or payment method may not work. IMHO many people are posting "too soon" before they all the information.

So my point is that you have wait longer before figuring out if you're going to get the credit or not. Some people knew that already, but a lot of other people didn't.
Old Aug 15, 19, 2:55 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond
looks like a hotel in Quebec just got added today, along with a couple others that I can't seem to locate!
Old Aug 15, 19, 4:15 pm

I am trying to book a hotel room in Seoul, Korea and only city that I see in the portfolio is Gyeungjoo- which is way far from Seoul.
There are 2 Hiltons and Conrad in Seoul. Will any of these hotels trigger $250 credit???
Thanks!
Old Aug 15, 19, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by jws392 View Post
I am trying to book a hotel room in Seoul, Korea and only city that I see in the portfolio is Gyeungjoo- which is way far from Seoul.
There are 2 Hiltons and Conrad in Seoul. Will any of these hotels trigger $250 credit???
Thanks!
No. They are not resorts.
please read the wiki, particularly questions 7 through 11.
Old Aug 19, 19, 9:31 pm

Hi, I got a question here. When I was checking the Hilton official resorts list in China I noticed almost all properties have a special rate called "SALE - ROOM ONLY" that's 20% off the flexible rate, making it even cheaper than the Advance Purchase rate. Did some research and it turns out to be the promotion rate for Hilton 100year anniversary celebration. Now anyone know if this rate will trigger the Aspire $250 credit though it does require prepayment of full amount. I am aware that Advance Purchase rate won't work even outside US after August 1st, but the Wiki FAQ didn't say whether rates that require prepayment but not named "Advance Purchase" will trigger the credit.

Below is the details for both rates

Rate Details SALE - ROOM ONLY

UP TO 20% OFF OUR FLEXIBLE RATE. 2 DAYS ADVANCE BOOKING. PREPAYMENT REQUIRED. NO CHANGES, CANCELLATIONS OR REFUNDS. TERMS APPLY.

Rate Details ADVANCE PURCHASE

No cancellations. Pay now.

And here is one of the hotels that have such promotional rate: Hilton Dalian Golden Pebble Beach Resort

Thanks for looking at it! : )
Old Aug 20, 19, 6:24 am

Quick question.

So I would like to receive $100 credit for 2+ night at CONRAD Seoul.
It seems like ones with ASPIRE BENEFIT / night cost more than AAA or gov rate. ($250 vs 180/ night)

What happens if I choose to go with Gov rate for 2 nights - will I still get the $100 credit during the stay?

Thanks!
Old Aug 20, 19, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by jws392 View Post
Quick question.

So I would like to receive $100 credit for 2+ night at CONRAD Seoul.
It seems like ones with ASPIRE BENEFIT / night cost more than AAA or gov rate. ($250 vs 180/ night)

What happens if I choose to go with Gov rate for 2 nights - will I still get the $100 credit during the stay?

Thanks!
This thread is about the $250 resort credit. But no, you will not. The $100 credit only is available if you book the specified rate.
Old Aug 20, 19, 10:14 am

The opening soon WA Los Cabos is listed as a resort.
Old Aug 22, 19, 2:37 am

Programs: Still deciding...
Hi. This was probably answered somewhere, but I've looked all over and can't find it. If I'm NOT STAYING at one of the (Listed, Official) Resorts, but go there for lunch or dinner, and pay with my Aspire, will that trigger the credit? Wiki doesn't answer this specifically, and answers elsewhere seem to indicate that it shouldn't technically count for the credit, but maybe it would? I'm not entirely sure how it would code from the property restaurant, or even if all hotel restaurants would code the same way (e.g. if it would work at some of the Resorts, but not others?) Thank you!
Old Aug 22, 19, 6:25 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, AS 75K Gold MVP, and some hotel stuff...
Originally Posted by loiseloise View Post
Hi. This was probably answered somewhere, but I've looked all over and can't find it. If I'm NOT STAYING at one of the (Listed, Official) Resorts, but go there for lunch or dinner, and pay with my Aspire, will that trigger the credit? !
I haven't read of specific experiences, but it is strongly believed that this will NOT trigger the credit due to the part about charging to the room to obtain the credit. There may be DPs within the thread that confirm or refute this, however.

Cheers.

Search this Thread