Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 5, 19, 4:16 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Enigma368
Wiki Link
$250 Hilton Resort Credit

AMEX TERMS:
During each year of your Card Membership ("reward year"), you are eligible to receive up to $250 total in statement credits on your Card Account for eligible purchases made directly with participating Hilton Resorts with your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card during that reward year. Your first reward year begins on your account opening date. Each subsequent reward year begins on the anniversary of your account opening date.
Eligible Hilton Resort purchases must be made directly with the participating Hilton Resort and charged to your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card account for the benefit to apply. Incidental charges (including charges made at restaurants, spas, and other establishments within the hotel property) must be charged to your room and paid for with your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card at checkout in order for them to be recognized as Hilton Resort purchases. Visit hilton.com/resorts for the list of participating Hilton Resorts. Purchases made by both the Basic and Additional Card Members on the eligible Card Account are eligible for statement credits. However, each Card Account is eligible for up to a total of $250 per renewal year in statement credits across all Cards on the Card Account. Please allow 8-12 weeks after the eligible Hilton purchase is charged to your Card Account for statement credit(s) to be posted to the Account. Please call the number on the back of your Card if statement credits have not posted after 12 weeks from the date of purchase. Card Members remain responsible for timely payment of all charges.

FAQ

ELIGIBLE RATES
1) Do you have to book directly through Hilton in order to receive the resort credit?
NO. See below.

2) If Iím booking at Hilton.com or through the Hilton app, etc., are any rates not eligible for the resort credit?
Any rates charged by the hotel directly will trigger the credit. Advance purchase rates for properties in the USA are charged by Hilton Corporate in Tennessee and WILL NOT trigger the credit. Advance purchase rates for properties outside the USA are typically charged by the hotel directly, so these WILL trigger the credit. According to DoC and the discussion from post #849 onwards advance purchase rates are becoming ineligible starting Aug 1, 2019, though it is unclear how this will be enforced for international properties.

3) I have to book through my corporate travel agent or use my corporate rate code at Hilton.com, will I still get the resort credit?
YES. Any rates that are charged by the hotel directly will trigger the credit.

4) What about bookings through Orbitz, Expedia, and other online travel agencies?
As long as the rate is ďpay at hotelĒ then it will trigger the credit. Prepaid and other special rates that are charged directly by Orbitz or Expedia, etc. and not the hotel will not trigger the credit.

5) Iím looking at an eligible hotel that charges a refundable one-night deposit for all bookings, can I get the resort credit for this?
YES. As long as the deposit is charged directly by an eligible hotel to your Aspire, it will trigger the credit.

6) I see the Aspire also offers a $100 property credit at certain Conrad and Waldorf Astoria properties. What is the difference? Can I combine both credits?
YES, these are different credits but it is possible to combine them. In order to be eligible for the $100 property credit you must book a specific rate via the www.hiltonhonorsaspirecard.com website. The $100 property credit will be applied by the property at check-out before you card is charged, while the $250 resort credit will be applied by AMEX a few days after the charge appears on your statement.

For example, say you book the qualifying property credit rate via the website above for 2 nights @ $250/night, and then charge $100 in dinner to your room. At check-out, your preliminary folio is $600. The front desk will apply the $100 credit, making your final folio $500 which would be charged to your Aspire. A few days later AMEX will apply the $250 resort credit to your AMEX statement, making your total out of pocket only $250 for a $600 stay. Not bad!

ELIGIBLE PROPERTIES
7) Only properties listed at the official Hilton Resorts link (hilton.com/resorts) are eligible for this credit!

8) However, the hilton.com/resorts website isnít the best! Please search thoroughly. For example, the Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas does not appear when you search North America > US & Hawaii > Nevada, but it does appear if you search the map.

9) I didnít see a property listed at the official Hilton Resorts link, but it did show up when searching Hilton.com and filtering amenities to ďResort Property,Ē can I get the resort credit here?
NO. Only properties listed at the official Hilton Resorts link (hilton.com/resorts) are eligible for the credit.

10) What about this hotel I stayed at last year, itís not listed at the official Hilton Resorts link, but it has a pool and a spa and the sun was out when I was there, surely I can get the resort credit there?
NO. Only properties listed at the official Hilton Resorts link (hilton.com/resorts) are eligible for the credit.

11) OK, I get it, only properties listed at the official Hilton Resorts link (hilton.com/resorts) are eligible for the credit, but are there any others that have fallen through the cracks?
Any properties that are not listed at the official Hilton Resorts link but with positive reports of triggering the resort credit are listed below:
- HILTON WAIKIKI BEACH HOTEL (reported by jphripjah May 1, 2018) Has been added to hilton.com/resorts since.
El Conquistador Tucson, A Hilton Resort is not listed on Hilton Resorts searchable link (by state), but shows up on the map. It is reported it by mdosu April 10, 2018 that there is positive report of triggering the resort credit.

ELIGIBLE CHARGES
12) What charges are eligible for this resort credit?
ANYTHING charged directly by the hotel or to your room by an eligible property will trigger the resort credit. Room rate, taxes, fees, room service, dining, bars, spa, transportation, jet skis, beach chairs, excursions, etc. etc. etc. AMEX doesnít discriminate on what the charge is, as long as the charge appears directly from an eligible hotel it will trigger the credit.

13) I booked an award stay using Honors points at an eligible property, can I still get the resort credit for incidentals charged to the room if I pay with my Aspire?
YES. ANYTHING charged to your room by an eligible property will trigger the resort credit, as long as you settle the charges with your Aspire.

14) I booked a prepaid rate through Orbitz at an eligible property with a different credit card, can I still get the resort credit for my hotel bar tab that I charged to the room if settle this at check-out with my Aspire?
YES. ANYTHING charged to your room by an eligible property will trigger the resort credit, as long as you settle the charges with your Aspire.

15) I bought some cat food and fresh underwear at the hotel gift shop and charged it to my room. Itís an eligible property and Iím paying with my Aspire, but surely I wonít get the resort credit for this?
WRONG. ANYTHING charged to your room by an eligible property will trigger the resort credit, as long as you settle the charges with your Aspire. And donít call me Shirley.

CREDIT TIMING
16) How long does the resort credit take to post to my Amex statement?
The resort credit typically posts between 2-5 days after the eligible charge posts to your Amex account.

17) What happens if I stay in an eligible property, pay with my Aspire, but the resort credit doesn't post automatically?
If the resort credit hasn't posted within 7 days, it will most likely not post automatically, and you need to call Amex to have it manually applied. Unfortunately Amex typically requires you to wait until 8 weeks after the charge before they will manually apply the resort credit. The credit not posting automatically is very rare though, see below.

18) What properties seem to have issues with the credit posting automatically?
FT members have reported that the resort credit has not posted automatically at several of the eligible resorts:

19) Is the credit per membership year or per calendar year?
Per membership year. Your first reward year begins on your account opening date. Each subsequent reward year begins on the anniversary of your account opening date.

20) At what resorts has the resort fee been credited for?
WA Grand Wailea - Multiple reports of credit not posting automatically, however one positive data point in Feb 2019 of the credit posting, YMMV.
DT Fallsview Resort Niagara Falls - several reports
Hilton Tokyo Bay - several reports
Elara Las Vegas - several reports
WA La Quinta - two reports
Hilton Mauritius - one report
Hilton Sedona - one report
Jewel Dunn River Curio Jamaica - one report
Hilton Malta - one report
Hilton Queenstown Resort and Spa - 8/2019
Hilton Hangzhou Qiandao Lake Resort - 4/2018
Hilton Sanqingshan Resort -4/2019
Print Wikipost

Old Jun 22, 19, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA PLT LT & 2MM, HH G, MAR back to lowly Silver,
I am interested in this same answer is the Hilton Fiji Resort considered. I did go to hilton.com/resorts website and let me tell you that is not the easiest page to find anything on. And the info is inconsistent.

This resort in Fiji appears when you do a search, but here is NO details or book button below like many other resorts on the list. If you look in map view this resort is NOT on the list. It appears only the ones with the Book option trigger that rendering on the map. The DoubleTree Fiji being that case.

So I got on a chat session with hilton. The rep confirmed is was a Resort designation. He even told me to keep the Chat as proof. So I did.

So unless someone proves otherwise, I am assuming this resort is good to receive the credit.
Old Jun 23, 19, 12:57 pm

I had Aspire card which I downgraded to Hilton no fee card in April '19. I had used resort credit and airline credit before downgrading. In Jun '19 I had upgrade offer on this no fee card to upgrade to Aspire with 150k HH points and all other benefits which comes with Aspire, so I upgraded it. Now, when I try to enroll in Airline benefit it says I've already used my benefit, same with Hilton resort credit. I did get free weekend night and Chat confirmed I've 150k HH point offfer attached to this card after 4k spend. Has anyone seen this before?
Old Jun 23, 19, 1:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by jasmians View Post
I had Aspire card which I downgraded to Hilton no fee card in April '19. I had used resort credit and airline credit before downgrading. In Jun '19 I had upgrade offer on this no fee card to upgrade to Aspire with 150k HH points and all other benefits which comes with Aspire, so I upgraded it. Now, when I try to enroll in Airline benefit it says I've already used my benefit, same with Hilton resort credit. I did get free weekend night and Chat confirmed I've 150k HH point offfer attached to this card after 4k spend. Has anyone seen this before?
This is really an Amex related question, I'd recommend asking over on the Amex forum where the Amex experts can chime in.
Old Jun 23, 19, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by gvaughn View Post

So youíre saying if your card anniversary is mid year you can claim double airline credits by calendar year during a single year of card membership? I highly doubt it.
absolutely, if you are savvy enough you could technically get 3 rounds of airline credits while paying 1 annual fee.
Old Jun 23, 19, 11:20 pm

Suggestions?

I am planning to stay at Conrad Maldives about 1 year from today (6/22-6/28). If I upgrade to Aspire now (one year card anniversary would fall between the dates I'm there), is it possible to get the $250 credit twice for that stay? Do the credits work like this?
From reading the first few threads seems like the credits may not post for weeks...
Old Jun 24, 19, 1:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by vandesa View Post
I am interested in this same answer is the Hilton Fiji Resort considered. I did go to hilton.com/resorts website and let me tell you that is not the easiest page to find anything on. And the info is inconsistent.

This resort in Fiji appears when you do a search, but here is NO details or book button below like many other resorts on the list. If you look in map view this resort is NOT on the list. It appears only the ones with the Book option trigger that rendering on the map. The DoubleTree Fiji being that case.

So I got on a chat session with hilton. The rep confirmed is was a Resort designation. He even told me to keep the Chat as proof. So I did.

So unless someone proves otherwise, I am assuming this resort is good to receive the credit.
@vandesa on property at the Hilton fiji now. Our stay at the conrad Maldives week or two back did not trigger credit. Hoping this and the grand wailea which we are heading to next will
Old Jun 24, 19, 6:34 am

Programs: AA PLT LT & 2MM, HH G, MAR back to lowly Silver,
Originally Posted by sam_goh View Post
@vandesa on property at the Hilton fiji now. Our stay at the conrad Maldives week or two back did not trigger credit. Hoping this and the grand wailea which we are heading to next will
I have heard that some peoples credits posting take longer, but others seems to within a day a 2. Not sure why? If your Maldives posts that would likely chew up your entire credit I image. As nothing Cheap about the Maldives, but I did love Rangali. If you get a credit for Fiji, please post. That is some trip you are taking Maldives, Fiji then Hawaii. Wow.
Old Jun 25, 19, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA View Post
I know the $250 credit is renewed every cardmember year, but in this case, what exactly is the cardmember year?

My wife applied for Surpass a few years ago on 5/31. After a year, she downgraded to free Hilton card. On 12/2/18, she upgraded to Aspire and was charged 5 months of the annual fee January 2019. So does the $250 renew on 5/31? 12/2? Or the date in January she was charged the annual fee? She used her credit late April to early May.
Anybody know the answer to this?
Old Jun 25, 19, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA View Post

Anybody know the answer to this?
It sounds to me like your cardmember year is based on when your wife originally signed up for the Surpass card. The downgrades and upgrades to the product shouldn't change the actual account history. So it should have renewed in May. This is what makes sense to me, but if you really want to be sure, check the Benefits section of your online account. There should be a tracker showing how much of your credits you've used YTD.
Old Jun 27, 19, 12:48 am

Originally Posted by kenbo View Post
It sounds to me like your cardmember year is based on when your wife originally signed up for the Surpass card. The downgrades and upgrades to the product shouldn't change the actual account history. So it should have renewed in May. This is what makes sense to me, but if you really want to be sure, check the Benefits section of your online account. There should be a tracker showing how much of your credits you've used YTD.
On the app, there is a tracker for the $250 airline credit, but not for the resort credit. Is it different on the desktop website?
Old Jun 27, 19, 6:33 pm

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
My $95 is due on my Ascend do I understand this correctly - for $355 extra I’ll get

unlimited PP instead of 10

we are staying 2 nights at a Hilton golf resort in Portugal for $130 per night - this stay will be basically free?

I have to cancel an AAaward ticket, AA charges a $175 fee, plus I have $106 in taxes for the Portugal trip - is this covered? I think this is tricky the AX agent thought the taxes would be eligible but not the redeposit fee unless AA coded it as an exchange fee.

Finally I get a free weekend night - Conrad in Algarve is worth around $300.
Old Jun 28, 19, 8:30 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by kmandrew View Post
unlimited PP instead of 10
Yes, although I think the number of people at one time is limited.

we are staying 2 nights at a Hilton golf resort in Portugal for $130 per night - this stay will be basically free?
Yes, if it is on the list of resorts, see hilton.com/resorts

I have to cancel an AAaward ticket, AA charges a $175 fee, plus I have $106 in taxes for the Portugal trip - is this covered? I think this is tricky the AX agent thought the taxes would be eligible but not the redeposit fee unless AA coded it as an exchange fee.
I doubt it. This thread has the most information
Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: AA only

Finally I get a free weekend night - Conrad in Algarve is worth around $300.
Yes
Old Jun 28, 19, 4:16 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion & Million Miler, HHonors Diamond, Hertz President's Club
A couple questions:
1.) On the $250 resort credit I was able to call up the Grand Wailea and make a deposit for my stay next May. This triggered the 2 Amex offers plus the resort credit. As I understand it, the resort credit cardmember year resets with the annual fee? I just signed up for this card and my first statement closes July 8. So since my first resort credit has already posted, am I correct in my understanding that the resort credit cardmember year will reset on 7/8 and I will have another $250 to spend from 7/8/19-7/8/20?

2.) On the free weekend nights. I understand these can take about 8-12 weeks to be delivered after card sign up. I would like to lock down the space and am looking to use 3 of these (we are traveling with 2 other couples) to add a 6th night to a 5-night stay we have booked. Can I book these single nights using 95K points and then when the free nights show up call up, cancel the points reservation and re-book using the free weekend night. I believe Hilton re-releases the award space if you cancel?
Old Jun 28, 19, 9:14 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lucjos0224 View Post
A couple questions:
1.) On the $250 resort credit I was able to call up the Grand Wailea and make a deposit for my stay next May. This triggered the 2 Amex offers plus the resort credit. As I understand it, the resort credit cardmember year resets with the annual fee? I just signed up for this card and my first statement closes July 8. So since my first resort credit has already posted, am I correct in my understanding that the resort credit cardmember year will reset on 7/8 and I will have another $250 to spend from 7/8/19-7/8/20?
Yes, although I think the pertinent date is the account opening date.

Originally Posted by lucjos0224 View Post
2.) On the free weekend nights. I understand these can take about 8-12 weeks to be delivered after card sign up. I would like to lock down the space and am looking to use 3 of these (we are traveling with 2 other couples) to add a 6th night to a 5-night stay we have booked. Can I book these single nights using 95K points and then when the free nights show up call up, cancel the points reservation and re-book using the free weekend night. I believe Hilton re-releases the award space if you cancel?
You can try, it may or may not work. I would not attempt this if the award space is not available before you cancel. If award space is not available, I would call in to see if they can make the change. Note that you have to call in to make the weekend free night reservation anyway, as it can't be done through the web site.
Old Jun 30, 19, 8:52 pm

Sorry if this is a dumb question but for the resort credit is it based on the transaction date or post date? My anniversary date is 3/15, check in date 3/13 and check out date 3/18. Per amex my resort credit will restart on 3/15.

Search this Thread