Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[Archive 2021-2023 Hilton Amex Aspire $200 Resort Credit]

Old Apr 24, 2018, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
$250 Hilton Resort Credit

Note: The web page for the resorts has changed. You must input dates and/or a specific region to get a list of all resorts in that region. Sometimes the web page works better on a mobile device.

The resort credit benefit changed in late 2023. Refer to this separate discussion and wikipost for FAQs.

AMEX TERMS:
During each year of your Card Membership ("reward year"), you are eligible to receive up to $250 total in statement credits on your Card Account for eligible purchases made directly with participating Hilton Resorts with your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card during that reward year. Your first reward year begins on your account opening date. Each subsequent reward year begins on the anniversary of your account opening date.
Eligible Hilton Resort purchases must be made directly with the participating Hilton Resort and charged to your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card account for the benefit to apply. Incidental charges (including charges made at restaurants, spas, and other establishments within the hotel property) must be charged to your room and paid for with your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card at checkout in order for them to be recognized as Hilton Resort purchases. Visit hilton.com/resorts for the list of participating Hilton Resorts. Purchases made by both the Basic and Additional Card Members on the eligible Card Account are eligible for statement credits. However, each Card Account is eligible for up to a total of $250 per renewal year in statement credits across all Cards on the Card Account. Please allow 8-12 weeks after the eligible Hilton purchase is charged to your Card Account for statement credit(s) to be posted to the Account. Please call the number on the back of your Card if statement credits have not posted after 12 weeks from the date of purchase. Card Members remain responsible for timely payment of all charges.

FAQ

ELIGIBLE RATES
1) Do you have to book directly through Hilton in order to receive the resort credit?
NO. See below.

2) If Im booking at Hilton.com or through the Hilton app, etc., are any rates not eligible for the resort credit?
Any rates charged by the hotel directly will trigger the credit. Advance purchase rates for properties in the USA are charged by Hilton Corporate in Tennessee and WILL NOT trigger the credit. Advance purchase rates for properties outside the USA are typically charged by the hotel directly, so these WILL trigger the credit. According to DoC and the discussion from post #849 onwards advance purchase rates are becoming ineligible starting Aug 1, 2019, though it is unclear how this will be enforced for international properties.

3) I have to book through my corporate travel agent or use my corporate rate code at Hilton.com, will I still get the resort credit?
YES. Any rates that are charged by the hotel directly will trigger the credit.

4) What about bookings through Orbitz, Expedia, and other online travel agencies?
As long as the rate is pay at hotel then it will trigger the credit. Prepaid and other special rates that are charged directly by Orbitz or Expedia, etc. and not the hotel will not trigger the credit.

5) Im looking at an eligible hotel that charges a refundable one-night deposit for all bookings, can I get the resort credit for this?
YES. As long as the deposit is charged directly by an eligible hotel to your Aspire, it will trigger the credit.

6) I see the Aspire also offers a $100 property credit at certain Conrad and Waldorf Astoria properties. What is the difference? Can I combine both credits?
YES, these are different credits but it is possible to combine them. In order to be eligible for the $100 property credit you must book a specific rate via the www.hiltonhonorsaspirecard.com website. The $100 property credit will be applied by the property at check-out before you card is charged, while the $250 resort credit will be applied by AMEX a few days after the charge appears on your statement.

For example, say you book the qualifying property credit rate via the website above for 2 nights @ $250/night, and then charge $100 in dinner to your room. At check-out, your preliminary folio is $600. The front desk will apply the $100 credit, making your final folio $500 which would be charged to your Aspire. A few days later AMEX will apply the $250 resort credit to your AMEX statement, making your total out of pocket only $250 for a $600 stay. Not bad!

ELIGIBLE PROPERTIES

As of 2022 or 2023, there is no static list of eligible properties.
You can either go to Hilton.com/resorts and hit "explore more resorts," or apply the "Resorts" filter on the search yourself.

7) Only properties listed at the official Hilton Resorts link (hilton.com/resorts) are eligible for this credit!

8) However, the hilton.com/resorts website isnt the best! Please search thoroughly. For example, the Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas does not appear when you search North America > US & Hawaii > Nevada, but it does appear if you search the map.

9) I didnt see a property listed at the official Hilton Resorts link, but it did show up when searching Hilton.com and filtering amenities to Resort Property, can I get the resort credit here?
NO. Only properties listed at the official Hilton Resorts link (hilton.com/resorts) are eligible for the credit.

10) What about this hotel I stayed at last year, its not listed at the official Hilton Resorts link, but it has a pool and a spa and the sun was out when I was there, surely I can get the resort credit there?
NO. Only properties listed at the official Hilton Resorts link (hilton.com/resorts) are eligible for the credit.

11) OK, I get it, only properties listed at the official Hilton Resorts link (hilton.com/resorts) are eligible for the credit, but are there any others that have fallen through the cracks?
Any properties that are not listed at the official Hilton Resorts link but with positive reports of triggering the resort credit are listed below:
- HILTON WAIKIKI BEACH HOTEL (reported by jphripjah May 1, 2018) Has been added to hilton.com/resorts since.
El Conquistador Tucson, A Hilton Resort is not listed on Hilton Resorts searchable link (by state), but shows up on the map. It is reported it by mdosu April 10, 2018 that there is positive report of triggering the resort credit.

ELIGIBLE CHARGES
12) What charges are eligible for this resort credit?
ANYTHING charged directly by the hotel or to your room by an eligible property will trigger the resort credit. Room rate, taxes, fees, room service, dining, bars, spa, transportation, jet skis, beach chairs, excursions, etc. etc. etc. AMEX doesnt discriminate on what the charge is, as long as the charge appears directly from an eligible hotel it will trigger the credit.

13) I booked an award stay using Honors points at an eligible property, can I still get the resort credit for incidentals charged to the room if I pay with my Aspire?
YES. ANYTHING charged to your room by an eligible property will trigger the resort credit, as long as you settle the charges with your Aspire.

14) I booked a prepaid rate through Orbitz at an eligible property with a different credit card, can I still get the resort credit for my hotel bar tab that I charged to the room if settle this at check-out with my Aspire?
YES. ANYTHING charged to your room by an eligible property will trigger the resort credit, as long as you settle the charges with your Aspire.

15) I bought some cat food and fresh underwear at the hotel gift shop and charged it to my room. Its an eligible property and Im paying with my Aspire, but surely I wont get the resort credit for this?
WRONG. ANYTHING charged to your room by an eligible property will trigger the resort credit, as long as you settle the charges with your Aspire. And dont call me Shirley.

CREDIT TIMING
16) How long does the resort credit take to post to my Amex statement?
The resort credit typically posts between 2-5 days after 10 days or even more after the eligible charge posts to your Amex account. Note that sometimes your charge will not even be processed until the following day, early in the morning.

17) What happens if I stay in an eligible property, pay with my Aspire, but the resort credit doesn't post automatically?
If the resort credit hasn't posted within 7 days, it will most likely not post automatically, and you need to call Amex to have it manually applied. Unfortunately Amex typically requires you to wait until 8 weeks after the charge before they will manually apply the resort credit. The credit not posting automatically is very rare though, see below.

18) What properties seem to have issues with the credit posting automatically?
FT members have reported that the resort credit has not posted automatically at several of the eligible resorts:

LXR Susona Bodrum, Turkey - May 2021 [Also, bonus is showing 3x, not 14x. Indicating this hotel is not coded correctly in their system. Multiple chats did not resolve this problem but a phone call did.
Resort credit has now posted and was told this should be fixed going forward. Still waiting for add'l 11x bonus points]

19) Is the credit per membership year or per calendar year?
Per membership year. Your first reward year begins on your account opening date. Each subsequent reward year begins on the anniversary of your account opening date.

20) For which resorts has the resort credit posted?
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines
Crocksford Las Vegas
WA Grand Wailea - Multiple reports of credit not posting automatically, however one positive data point in Feb 2019 of the credit posting, YMMV.
DT Fallsview Resort Niagara Falls - several reports
Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk - 7/6/2021
Hilton Tokyo Bay - several reports
Elara Las Vegas - several reports
WA La Quinta - two reports
Hilton Mauritius - one report
Hilton Sedona - one report
Jewel Dunn River Curio Jamaica - one report
Hilton Malta - one report
Hilton Queenstown Resort and Spa - 8/2019, 2/2023
Hilton Hangzhou Qiandao Lake Resort - 4/2018
Hilton Sanqingshan Resort -4/2019
Hilton Palm Springs, CA - 1/2022
Hilton Waterfront Resort, Huntington Beach, CA - 10/2021

Print Wikipost

[Archive 2021-2023 Hilton Amex Aspire $200 Resort Credit]

Old Nov 27, 2023, 8:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by klew97
The new $200 resort credit does not start until 2024, the departing $250 is still good until the end of 2023, so no stacking. The new $50 any airline credit per quarter is active, and stacks if you still have remaining incidental airline credit (which might only apply for the previously chosen airline).
The $50 airline credit stacks even if you consumed the full $250 airline credit this year under the old scheme. I ran my extra $50 on my previously chosen airline to be safe.
Old Nov 28, 2023, 11:28 am

Programs: Alaska, AA, UA, DL, SPG, AMEX
I was planning a stay at Okinawa and want to check if the resort there qualify for $250 reimbursement either by paying at hotel or advance rate? I could not find any resorts by looking up https://www.hilton.com/en/locations/resorts/ but when I search regular hotel and then filter "resort" I do see below. Any input if all of these resorts qualify for $250 Aspire reimbursement ?

Any input if all of these resorts qualify for $250 Aspire reimbursement ?
Old Nov 28, 2023, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by murtuza
I was planning a stay at Okinawa and want to check if the resort there qualify for $250 reimbursement either by paying at hotel or advance rate? I could not find any resorts by looking up https://www.hilton.com/en/locations/resorts/ but when I search regular hotel and then filter "resort" I do see below. Any input if all of these resorts qualify for $250 Aspire reimbursement ?

If you actually input dates and search then all of those properties appear on the list.
murtuza likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2023, 6:09 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by murtuza

They should.
murtuza likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2023, 7:19 pm

cant find any resorts in USA

sorry if this was discussed already but when i got to the resorts website and click on explore more resorts i dont see any in the USA, how are you guys booking resorts that you are sure will trigger the credit?
ty
Old Nov 28, 2023, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by cmnfb
sorry if this was discussed already but when i got to the resorts website and click on explore more resorts i dont see any in the USA, how are you guys booking resorts that you are sure will trigger the credit?
ty
See posts #868-869, 875-877, in this thread. (and 903).
JJeffrey and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Nov 29, 2023, 6:22 am

Is the DoubleTree in Lancaster, PA no longer considered a resort location? It seems that Hilton removed a lot of the domestic options in the resort list.
Old Nov 29, 2023, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by julian926
Is the DoubleTree in Lancaster, PA no longer considered a resort location? It seems that Hilton removed a lot of the domestic options in the resort list.
Please look at the post directly above yours.
italdesign and julian926 like this.
Old Dec 4, 2023, 2:15 pm

Programs: AS 75k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Trying to use my $250 credit before 12/31 and booked the Hilton Vacation Club Lake Tahoe for next weekend. Any recent DPs for this property and the $250 Aspire credit?
Old Dec 9, 2023, 6:10 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
200 resort credit not stacking?

I had read on Facebook groups that the new 200dollars for the second half also stack for existing members.. But here you say starts ja 2024.
Can anyone confirm what's right?
Old Dec 9, 2023, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by Vasco Pridat
I had read on Facebook groups that the new 200dollars for the second half also stack for existing members.. But here you say starts ja 2024.
Can anyone confirm what's right?
That Facebook group is incorrect.
The quarterly flight credit began October 2023, and thus for Q4 is stackable with a Calendar Year 2023 flight benefit for existing cardholders.
The new semiannual resort credit begins January 2024, and thus does not overlap with a calendar year 2023 resort credit.

Language is fairly clear:
How does the $400 Hilton Resort Credit work? What can it be used towards?

You can continue to enjoy up to $250 in statement credits per membership year for eligible purchases made directly with participating Hilton Resorts with your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card through December 31, 2023.

Starting January 1, 2024, you can earn up to $200 in statement credits semi-annually (January through June; and July through December), for up to $400 back annually for eligible purchases made directly with participating Hilton Resorts.
Old Dec 10, 2023, 8:30 am

Hi all, I have 2 Aspire cards from myself and P2 each with the $250 resort credit left to use this year. I'm booking multiple rooms and the resort property I'm after charges a first night deposit that exceeds the total value across both of our cards (i.e. the deposit > $500), which can obviously only be charged to one Aspire that's used for holding the reservation. I understand that I can get the resort credit for deposits, but I'd like to split the deposit with P2's card to leverage their credit. Is there anyway to "shuffle" deposits at checkout, to move part of it away from my card to P2s? I know you can do split payment but I'm particularly interested in whether you can split a deposit at checkout that's already been fully charged to one card.
Old Dec 10, 2023, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by akshaykumar0212
Hi all, I have 2 Aspire cards from myself and P2 each with the $250 resort credit left to use this year. I'm booking multiple rooms and the resort property I'm after charges a first night deposit that exceeds the total value across both of our cards (i.e. the deposit > $500), which can obviously only be charged to one Aspire that's used for holding the reservation. I understand that I can get the resort credit for deposits, but I'd like to split the deposit with P2's card to leverage their credit. Is there anyway to "shuffle" deposits at checkout, to move part of it away from my card to P2s? I know you can do split payment but I'm particularly interested in whether you can split a deposit at checkout that's already been fully charged to one card.
This would be up to the specific hotel's willingness to do this, and do it correctly.
Old Dec 10, 2023, 2:53 pm

Programs: AA PLT / MR LTPP 1/1/19 / Hilton Diamond
Is trying to use this credit with a check out date of 12/31 cutting it too close (Mexico property)?
Old Dec 10, 2023, 10:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by araknis
Is trying to use this credit with a check out date of 12/31 cutting it too close (Mexico property)?
Ask them to charge your card part of the cost a few days earlier.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.