Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[Archive 2021-2023 Hilton Amex Aspire $200 Resort Credit]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 24, 2018, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
$250 Hilton Resort Credit

Note: The web page for the resorts has changed. You must input dates and/or a specific region to get a list of all resorts in that region. Sometimes the web page works better on a mobile device.

The resort credit benefit changed in late 2023. Refer to this separate discussion and wikipost for FAQs.

AMEX TERMS:
During each year of your Card Membership ("reward year"), you are eligible to receive up to $250 total in statement credits on your Card Account for eligible purchases made directly with participating Hilton Resorts with your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card during that reward year. Your first reward year begins on your account opening date. Each subsequent reward year begins on the anniversary of your account opening date.
Eligible Hilton Resort purchases must be made directly with the participating Hilton Resort and charged to your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card account for the benefit to apply. Incidental charges (including charges made at restaurants, spas, and other establishments within the hotel property) must be charged to your room and paid for with your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card at checkout in order for them to be recognized as Hilton Resort purchases. Visit hilton.com/resorts for the list of participating Hilton Resorts. Purchases made by both the Basic and Additional Card Members on the eligible Card Account are eligible for statement credits. However, each Card Account is eligible for up to a total of $250 per renewal year in statement credits across all Cards on the Card Account. Please allow 8-12 weeks after the eligible Hilton purchase is charged to your Card Account for statement credit(s) to be posted to the Account. Please call the number on the back of your Card if statement credits have not posted after 12 weeks from the date of purchase. Card Members remain responsible for timely payment of all charges.

FAQ

ELIGIBLE RATES
1) Do you have to book directly through Hilton in order to receive the resort credit?
NO. See below.

2) If I’m booking at Hilton.com or through the Hilton app, etc., are any rates not eligible for the resort credit?
Any rates charged by the hotel directly will trigger the credit. Advance purchase rates for properties in the USA are charged by Hilton Corporate in Tennessee and WILL NOT trigger the credit. Advance purchase rates for properties outside the USA are typically charged by the hotel directly, so these WILL trigger the credit. According to DoC and the discussion from post #849 onwards advance purchase rates are becoming ineligible starting Aug 1, 2019, though it is unclear how this will be enforced for international properties.

3) I have to book through my corporate travel agent or use my corporate rate code at Hilton.com, will I still get the resort credit?
YES. Any rates that are charged by the hotel directly will trigger the credit.

4) What about bookings through Orbitz, Expedia, and other online travel agencies?
As long as the rate is “pay at hotel” then it will trigger the credit. Prepaid and other special rates that are charged directly by Orbitz or Expedia, etc. and not the hotel will not trigger the credit.

5) I’m looking at an eligible hotel that charges a refundable one-night deposit for all bookings, can I get the resort credit for this?
YES. As long as the deposit is charged directly by an eligible hotel to your Aspire, it will trigger the credit.

6) I see the Aspire also offers a $100 property credit at certain Conrad and Waldorf Astoria properties. What is the difference? Can I combine both credits?
YES, these are different credits but it is possible to combine them. In order to be eligible for the $100 property credit you must book a specific rate via the www.hiltonhonorsaspirecard.com website. The $100 property credit will be applied by the property at check-out before you card is charged, while the $250 resort credit will be applied by AMEX a few days after the charge appears on your statement.

For example, say you book the qualifying property credit rate via the website above for 2 nights @ $250/night, and then charge $100 in dinner to your room. At check-out, your preliminary folio is $600. The front desk will apply the $100 credit, making your final folio $500 which would be charged to your Aspire. A few days later AMEX will apply the $250 resort credit to your AMEX statement, making your total out of pocket only $250 for a $600 stay. Not bad!

ELIGIBLE PROPERTIES

As of 2022 or 2023, there is no static list of eligible properties.
You can either go to Hilton.com/resorts and hit "explore more resorts," or apply the "Resorts" filter on the search yourself.

7) Only properties listed at the official Hilton Resorts link (hilton.com/resorts) are eligible for this credit!

8) However, the hilton.com/resorts website isn’t the best! Please search thoroughly. For example, the Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas does not appear when you search North America > US & Hawaii > Nevada, but it does appear if you search the map.

9) I didn’t see a property listed at the official Hilton Resorts link, but it did show up when searching Hilton.com and filtering amenities to “Resort Property,” can I get the resort credit here?
NO. Only properties listed at the official Hilton Resorts link (hilton.com/resorts) are eligible for the credit.

10) What about this hotel I stayed at last year, it’s not listed at the official Hilton Resorts link, but it has a pool and a spa and the sun was out when I was there, surely I can get the resort credit there?
NO. Only properties listed at the official Hilton Resorts link (hilton.com/resorts) are eligible for the credit.

11) OK, I get it, only properties listed at the official Hilton Resorts link (hilton.com/resorts) are eligible for the credit, but are there any others that have fallen through the cracks?
Any properties that are not listed at the official Hilton Resorts link but with positive reports of triggering the resort credit are listed below:
- HILTON WAIKIKI BEACH HOTEL (reported by jphripjah May 1, 2018) Has been added to hilton.com/resorts since.
El Conquistador Tucson, A Hilton Resort is not listed on Hilton Resorts searchable link (by state), but shows up on the map. It is reported it by mdosu April 10, 2018 that there is positive report of triggering the resort credit.

ELIGIBLE CHARGES
12) What charges are eligible for this resort credit?
ANYTHING charged directly by the hotel or to your room by an eligible property will trigger the resort credit. Room rate, taxes, fees, room service, dining, bars, spa, transportation, jet skis, beach chairs, excursions, etc. etc. etc. AMEX doesn’t discriminate on what the charge is, as long as the charge appears directly from an eligible hotel it will trigger the credit.

13) I booked an award stay using Honors points at an eligible property, can I still get the resort credit for incidentals charged to the room if I pay with my Aspire?
YES. ANYTHING charged to your room by an eligible property will trigger the resort credit, as long as you settle the charges with your Aspire.

14) I booked a prepaid rate through Orbitz at an eligible property with a different credit card, can I still get the resort credit for my hotel bar tab that I charged to the room if settle this at check-out with my Aspire?
YES. ANYTHING charged to your room by an eligible property will trigger the resort credit, as long as you settle the charges with your Aspire.

15) I bought some cat food and fresh underwear at the hotel gift shop and charged it to my room. It’s an eligible property and I’m paying with my Aspire, but surely I won’t get the resort credit for this?
WRONG. ANYTHING charged to your room by an eligible property will trigger the resort credit, as long as you settle the charges with your Aspire. And don’t call me Shirley.

CREDIT TIMING
16) How long does the resort credit take to post to my Amex statement?
The resort credit typically posts between 2-5 days after 10 days or even more after the eligible charge posts to your Amex account. Note that sometimes your charge will not even be processed until the following day, early in the morning.

17) What happens if I stay in an eligible property, pay with my Aspire, but the resort credit doesn't post automatically?
If the resort credit hasn't posted within 7 days, it will most likely not post automatically, and you need to call Amex to have it manually applied. Unfortunately Amex typically requires you to wait until 8 weeks after the charge before they will manually apply the resort credit. The credit not posting automatically is very rare though, see below.

18) What properties seem to have issues with the credit posting automatically?
FT members have reported that the resort credit has not posted automatically at several of the eligible resorts:

LXR Susona Bodrum, Turkey - May 2021 [Also, bonus is showing 3x, not 14x. Indicating this hotel is not coded correctly in their system. Multiple chats did not resolve this problem but a phone call did.
Resort credit has now posted and was told this should be fixed going forward. Still waiting for add'l 11x bonus points]

19) Is the credit per membership year or per calendar year?
Per membership year. Your first reward year begins on your account opening date. Each subsequent reward year begins on the anniversary of your account opening date.

20) For which resorts has the resort credit posted?
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines
Crocksford Las Vegas
WA Grand Wailea - Multiple reports of credit not posting automatically, however one positive data point in Feb 2019 of the credit posting, YMMV.
DT Fallsview Resort Niagara Falls - several reports
Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk - 7/6/2021
Hilton Tokyo Bay - several reports
Elara Las Vegas - several reports
WA La Quinta - two reports
Hilton Mauritius - one report
Hilton Sedona - one report
Jewel Dunn River Curio Jamaica - one report
Hilton Malta - one report
Hilton Queenstown Resort and Spa - 8/2019, 2/2023
Hilton Hangzhou Qiandao Lake Resort - 4/2018
Hilton Sanqingshan Resort -4/2019
Hilton Palm Springs, CA - 1/2022
Hilton Waterfront Resort, Huntington Beach, CA - 10/2021

Print Wikipost

[Archive 2021-2023 Hilton Amex Aspire $200 Resort Credit]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2023, 6:34 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by beefninja
The new Hilton Aspire changes have created a kind of humorous challenge for me.

Both myself and P2 have aspire cards with unused $250 credits, and we were both originally planning to use them for a resort stay in January 2024 (our membership years start/end in Feb and April). With the new changes, those $250 credits effectively expire on 12/31/2023 (and we then get 2 x $200 credits to use January through June, which we will obviously use in our January stay). We don't have any other organic uses for the resort credit prior to 12/31/2023, so now I am trying to use those $250 credits that expire this year via a prepayment, ideally on that January resort stay.

The issue is that the resort stay is at Zemi beach house, a LXR property in Anguilla. Right now, both my Platinum card and P2's platinum card each has 2x (likely) stackable Amex Offers for that property, one of which expires on 12/31/2023 and would thus also require a prepayment:

1. A "Spend $1000 and receive $200" on Waldorf/Conrad/LXR in Mexico/Polynesia/Anguilla, which expires on 12/31/2023, and
2. A "Spend $750 and receive $150" on Hilton properties across multiple brands in Mexico/Caribbean/LatinAmerica (and Zemi Beach House is on the property list) and which expires on 2/15/2024

If both of those offers trigger, that would be $350 back on $1000 in spend. And I have that on 2 separate platinum cards.

So with that in mind, if I was allowed maximum pre-payment, I would be able to get $350 (both offers on my Platinum Card) and $350 (both offers on P2's Platinum card) and $250 (my expiring resort credit) and $250 (P2's expiring resort credit), for a total of $1200 in credits on $2500 worth of prepayments. (And then beyond that, there would be the possibility of 2x$200 further of credits if I managed to spend $400 beyond my prepayments at the actual hotel during our stay in January).

I have been racking my brain for ways to somehow pull-off having the hotel allow me to make that many separate prepayments prior to 12/31/2023. Right now, the 9-night booking is all on points + free nights, and so in all likelihood I probably will not be able to generate enough actual food/beverage/other spend at the hotel to take advantage of $2500 in prepayments.

As a result, I am probably going to settle for prepayments of $1000 (to trigger my Plat offers) + $250 (to trigger my Aspire Resort Credit) + $250 (to trigger P2's Aspire Resort credit), and then utilize the additional 2x$200 new resort credits in 2024. For anyone keeping track, that will be $1250 in offers/credits on $1900 in spend (on which I will likely get back somewhere in the neighborhood of 50k Hilton points worth ~$250 with an average point valuation).

Right now, my strategy to have the hotel allow me to make that 3 separate prepayments is:
- Asking the hotel to let me do a paid upgrade from Garden view to Ocean View room (something we might want to do anyway, given that a 1yr-old baby's nap schedule will keep us in the room a lot) on 6 or 7 consecutive nights of the bookings under my name to hopefully reach ~$1000 for my Plat card
- Then doing the same on the 1 night under P2's name (and potentially rejiggering the bookings if we need to get 2 nights to hit $250)
- Then potentially asking to do the same on 1 more subsequently booked night, under my name, and which "sandwiches" P2's dates. Alternately, I might ask if we can prepay for a speedboat transfer or just general prepayment to our Folio

It's been a very funny challenge to try to puzzle through how to do this.
please report back- I’m skeptical that they would do it on night by night basis but am rooting for you!
Old Oct 20, 2023, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by IndyHoosier
Haha, same. My renewal is on 12/13. Might just have to use it at the Chicago "resort."
I sense the sarcasm.....To be fair, I've stayed there 5-6 times over the years and always had pretty good stays, but it definitely isn't fancy. Your post actually reminded me that one of my Aspires renewed at the end of August. I had previously made a reservation in January and was already planning on how to use my 2024 credits that I forgot I have 1 $250.00 credit to use until the end of 2023.

Last time I stayed there in July, I was a little perturbed. I asked them if I could please have the $15 F&B credit, so I could eat breakfast at the restaurant, treat myself, spend more money, and order what I wanted. They said no, insisting that I eat breakfast in the lounge. They don't give out the F&B credit. It's either breakfast in the lounge or nothing. It's an OK breakfast, but I wish they would offer more flexibility.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2023, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by diesteldorf
I sense the sarcasm.....To be fair, I've stayed there 5-6 times over the years and always had pretty good stays, but it definitely isn't fancy. Your post actually reminded me that one of my Aspires renewed at the end of August. I had previously made a reservation in January and was already planning on how to use my 2024 credits that I forgot I have 1 $250.00 credit to use until the end of 2023.

Last time I stayed there in July, I was a little perturbed. I asked them if I could please have the $15 F&B credit, so I could eat breakfast at the restaurant, treat myself, spend more money, and order what I wanted. They said no, insisting that I eat breakfast in the lounge. They don't give out the F&B credit. It's either breakfast in the lounge or nothing. It's an OK breakfast, but I wish they would offer more flexibility.
Remember to call to put down a $250 credit to your reservation before 12/31/2023! And at least now you have all that extra resort credit money to really splurge!
diesteldorf likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2023, 1:17 pm

Programs: Continental; American; Delta
Conrad LVRW prepayment

I have a stay booked in early 2024 at Conrad LVRW. Unfortunately my rez did not have any advance payment requirement so I still have $250 resort credit that is now only good through 12/31. Of course, I will also have the new $200 semi annual credit in 2024. I have read several posts about people prepaying towards a future rez and know that the prepayment must be charged through the LVRW front desk. Question - do I just call the local number for the hotel and ask for "front desk"? This seems counterintuitive as we all know that any front desk in Vegas will be a zoo! Or is there a certain department at LVRW to ask for to pre pay towards a future rez. I want to make sure the front desk processes the charge so the $250 resort credit triggers. As an aside, I noticed that LVRW sells gift cards on their website but I suspect these will be processed by a 3rd party and will not trigger the $250 resort credit. Thank you!!
Old Oct 21, 2023, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by mctravel1
I have a stay booked in early 2024 at Conrad LVRW. Unfortunately my rez did not have any advance payment requirement so I still have $250 resort credit that is now only good through 12/31. Of course, I will also have the new $200 semi annual credit in 2024. I have read several posts about people prepaying towards a future rez and know that the prepayment must be charged through the LVRW front desk. Question - do I just call the local number for the hotel and ask for "front desk"? This seems counterintuitive as we all know that any front desk in Vegas will be a zoo! Or is there a certain department at LVRW to ask for to pre pay towards a future rez. I want to make sure the front desk processes the charge so the $250 resort credit triggers. As an aside, I noticed that LVRW sells gift cards on their website but I suspect these will be processed by a 3rd party and will not trigger the $250 resort credit. Thank you!!
I would go here: https://www.rwlasvegas.com/about-us/contact-us/ Fill out the form, and wait a day or two and hope they call you back. Or, email [email protected], tell them that you know they aren't the right contact, because you are staying that the Conrad, but explain your issue and ask them to forward you to the right person, or give you the correct email address. Lastly, you could call the front desk, at 702-676-7000, tell them you would like to prepay for a reservation and ask to be transferred to their sales department,/hotel manager, or given an email address so you could contact them directly. This way you make it clear to them that you don't expect them to handle the problem directly and just want their help to get to the right people....

Of course, they may surprise you and take ownership, but it gives them an out if they are busy and avoids having to call back. Good Luck.
mctravel1 likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2023, 3:53 pm

250 resort credit

Hi, me and P2 both have our 250 credit and would like to use for one room and one night. How would that go. Would I use my card first online and pay the rest at front desk? Also are all these options eligible? Thanks.
Old Oct 21, 2023, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by stevololpb18
Hi, me and P2 both have our 250 credit and would like to use for one room and one night. How would that go. Would I use my card first online and pay the rest at front desk? Also are all these options eligible? Thanks.
Just pay everything when you checkout, charge everything to the room, and tell them you want to split the charges between 2 credit cards. If you are concerned, verify when you check-in that they allow guests to split charges between multiple credit cards upon checkout. I had a stay in July for $1000+ and split the charges between 3 Aspire cards. Good Luck.
Old Oct 21, 2023, 6:13 pm

Thank you for answering my question!
So i can book below, and it wont charge until i stay correct? Also are resort exclusive rates eligible for the resort credit?
Can i book this and just charge both aspire cards at the front desk at check out?

Old Oct 21, 2023, 7:05 pm

We currently have point reservations at the Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino, and the Mangrove Beach Corendon Curacao for 02/2024. If I call/email the hotel and ask for cash upgrades, that would work for the Aspire credit, right? Thanks.
Old Oct 21, 2023, 7:39 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Thank you for answering my question!
So i can book below, and it wont charge until i stay correct? Also are resort exclusive rates eligible for the resort credit?
Can i book this and just charge both aspire cards at the front desk at check out?

I've been blindsided by places that took it right away, and places that didn't, all with that same wording. You obviously don't want it taken until next year, right? I'd call the hotel and ask.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2023, 10:11 pm

2 hilton aspire

So I was about to make a reservation online and saw no option to use two hilton aspire cards. Anyway to split both without getting charged for full on just 1 card. Have 250 resort credit between me and P2.
Old Oct 24, 2023, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by asdfghjk
We currently have point reservations at the Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino, and the Mangrove Beach Corendon Curacao for 02/2024. If I call/email the hotel and ask for cash upgrades, that would work for the Aspire credit, right? Thanks.
Has anyone done this for this or other resorts? Did it trigger the credit? Thanks.
Old Oct 25, 2023, 2:03 am

Programs: HH, *G
Originally Posted by beefninja
1. A "Spend $1000 and receive $200" on Waldorf/Conrad/LXR in Mexico/Polynesia/Anguilla, which expires on 12/31/2023, and
2. A "Spend $750 and receive $150" on Hilton properties across multiple brands in Mexico/Caribbean/LatinAmerica (and Zemi Beach House is on the property list) and which expires on 2/15/2024

If both of those offers trigger, that would be $350 back on $1000 in spend. And I have that on 2 separate platinum cards.
I applaud your creativity. Earlier this year, I prepaid $1K at the Grand Wailea and both offers applied. Worked well! I called and said I wanted to prepay $1K in incidentals. They didn't even question why, though were slightly confused once, but sent me a form to sign and took my CC and all was well.

I'd almost consider doing the same thing for Zemi for my Spring Break, but used up my plat credits... I might feel bad about asking for 4 separate charges, but good luck. If you're not sure about the spend total, check with the conceirge about activities, even ones not listed on the site which you might book independently. I typically don't charge activities to the room, but the Aspire + credits changes the game.

I'm just guessing, but if you tell them you want upgrade, you can likely charge that right away. And prepaying the folio shouldn't be an issue.
Your nightly breakdown sounds complex, but could work. If the math works out, you could otherwise do 1 request for all upgrades split evenly across 2 cards, and a 3rd for the folio prepayment. That at least might be easier to put in the computer.

Last edited by mball; Oct 25, 2023 at 2:12 am
Old Oct 25, 2023, 2:16 am

Programs: HH, *G
So I was about to make a reservation online and saw no option to use two hilton aspire cards. Anyway to split both without getting charged for full on just 1 card. Have 250 resort credit between me and P2.
If you pre-pay there's no way to split online. You could try calling, or make 2 bookings if it's a multi-night stay. At checkin they'll merge the rooms for you.

At the hotel, you can usually ask the desk to split the bill if you didn't prepay. Just let them know up front, and try not to auto-checkout.
Old Oct 25, 2023, 9:47 am

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
FNC at the Miami Bentley, March stay, could spend around $200 f/b then check out - hassle

Son booked us a second night using his FNC, put my name on the room - should I bring his Aspire card to pay for $200 f/b the second night or just split the 2 day $400 in half using both cards?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.