Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[Archive 2021-2023 Hilton Amex Aspire $200 Resort Credit]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 24, 2018, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
$250 Hilton Resort Credit

Note: The web page for the resorts has changed. You must input dates and/or a specific region to get a list of all resorts in that region. Sometimes the web page works better on a mobile device.

The resort credit benefit changed in late 2023. Refer to this separate discussion and wikipost for FAQs.

AMEX TERMS:
During each year of your Card Membership ("reward year"), you are eligible to receive up to $250 total in statement credits on your Card Account for eligible purchases made directly with participating Hilton Resorts with your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card during that reward year. Your first reward year begins on your account opening date. Each subsequent reward year begins on the anniversary of your account opening date.
Eligible Hilton Resort purchases must be made directly with the participating Hilton Resort and charged to your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card account for the benefit to apply. Incidental charges (including charges made at restaurants, spas, and other establishments within the hotel property) must be charged to your room and paid for with your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card at checkout in order for them to be recognized as Hilton Resort purchases. Visit hilton.com/resorts for the list of participating Hilton Resorts. Purchases made by both the Basic and Additional Card Members on the eligible Card Account are eligible for statement credits. However, each Card Account is eligible for up to a total of $250 per renewal year in statement credits across all Cards on the Card Account. Please allow 8-12 weeks after the eligible Hilton purchase is charged to your Card Account for statement credit(s) to be posted to the Account. Please call the number on the back of your Card if statement credits have not posted after 12 weeks from the date of purchase. Card Members remain responsible for timely payment of all charges.

FAQ

ELIGIBLE RATES
1) Do you have to book directly through Hilton in order to receive the resort credit?
NO. See below.

2) If I’m booking at Hilton.com or through the Hilton app, etc., are any rates not eligible for the resort credit?
Any rates charged by the hotel directly will trigger the credit. Advance purchase rates for properties in the USA are charged by Hilton Corporate in Tennessee and WILL NOT trigger the credit. Advance purchase rates for properties outside the USA are typically charged by the hotel directly, so these WILL trigger the credit. According to DoC and the discussion from post #849 onwards advance purchase rates are becoming ineligible starting Aug 1, 2019, though it is unclear how this will be enforced for international properties.

3) I have to book through my corporate travel agent or use my corporate rate code at Hilton.com, will I still get the resort credit?
YES. Any rates that are charged by the hotel directly will trigger the credit.

4) What about bookings through Orbitz, Expedia, and other online travel agencies?
As long as the rate is “pay at hotel” then it will trigger the credit. Prepaid and other special rates that are charged directly by Orbitz or Expedia, etc. and not the hotel will not trigger the credit.

5) I’m looking at an eligible hotel that charges a refundable one-night deposit for all bookings, can I get the resort credit for this?
YES. As long as the deposit is charged directly by an eligible hotel to your Aspire, it will trigger the credit.

6) I see the Aspire also offers a $100 property credit at certain Conrad and Waldorf Astoria properties. What is the difference? Can I combine both credits?
YES, these are different credits but it is possible to combine them. In order to be eligible for the $100 property credit you must book a specific rate via the www.hiltonhonorsaspirecard.com website. The $100 property credit will be applied by the property at check-out before you card is charged, while the $250 resort credit will be applied by AMEX a few days after the charge appears on your statement.

For example, say you book the qualifying property credit rate via the website above for 2 nights @ $250/night, and then charge $100 in dinner to your room. At check-out, your preliminary folio is $600. The front desk will apply the $100 credit, making your final folio $500 which would be charged to your Aspire. A few days later AMEX will apply the $250 resort credit to your AMEX statement, making your total out of pocket only $250 for a $600 stay. Not bad!

ELIGIBLE PROPERTIES

As of 2022 or 2023, there is no static list of eligible properties.
You can either go to Hilton.com/resorts and hit "explore more resorts," or apply the "Resorts" filter on the search yourself.

7) Only properties listed at the official Hilton Resorts link (hilton.com/resorts) are eligible for this credit!

8) However, the hilton.com/resorts website isn’t the best! Please search thoroughly. For example, the Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas does not appear when you search North America > US & Hawaii > Nevada, but it does appear if you search the map.

9) I didn’t see a property listed at the official Hilton Resorts link, but it did show up when searching Hilton.com and filtering amenities to “Resort Property,” can I get the resort credit here?
NO. Only properties listed at the official Hilton Resorts link (hilton.com/resorts) are eligible for the credit.

10) What about this hotel I stayed at last year, it’s not listed at the official Hilton Resorts link, but it has a pool and a spa and the sun was out when I was there, surely I can get the resort credit there?
NO. Only properties listed at the official Hilton Resorts link (hilton.com/resorts) are eligible for the credit.

11) OK, I get it, only properties listed at the official Hilton Resorts link (hilton.com/resorts) are eligible for the credit, but are there any others that have fallen through the cracks?
Any properties that are not listed at the official Hilton Resorts link but with positive reports of triggering the resort credit are listed below:
- HILTON WAIKIKI BEACH HOTEL (reported by jphripjah May 1, 2018) Has been added to hilton.com/resorts since.
El Conquistador Tucson, A Hilton Resort is not listed on Hilton Resorts searchable link (by state), but shows up on the map. It is reported it by mdosu April 10, 2018 that there is positive report of triggering the resort credit.

ELIGIBLE CHARGES
12) What charges are eligible for this resort credit?
ANYTHING charged directly by the hotel or to your room by an eligible property will trigger the resort credit. Room rate, taxes, fees, room service, dining, bars, spa, transportation, jet skis, beach chairs, excursions, etc. etc. etc. AMEX doesn’t discriminate on what the charge is, as long as the charge appears directly from an eligible hotel it will trigger the credit.

13) I booked an award stay using Honors points at an eligible property, can I still get the resort credit for incidentals charged to the room if I pay with my Aspire?
YES. ANYTHING charged to your room by an eligible property will trigger the resort credit, as long as you settle the charges with your Aspire.

14) I booked a prepaid rate through Orbitz at an eligible property with a different credit card, can I still get the resort credit for my hotel bar tab that I charged to the room if settle this at check-out with my Aspire?
YES. ANYTHING charged to your room by an eligible property will trigger the resort credit, as long as you settle the charges with your Aspire.

15) I bought some cat food and fresh underwear at the hotel gift shop and charged it to my room. It’s an eligible property and I’m paying with my Aspire, but surely I won’t get the resort credit for this?
WRONG. ANYTHING charged to your room by an eligible property will trigger the resort credit, as long as you settle the charges with your Aspire. And don’t call me Shirley.

CREDIT TIMING
16) How long does the resort credit take to post to my Amex statement?
The resort credit typically posts between 2-5 days after 10 days or even more after the eligible charge posts to your Amex account. Note that sometimes your charge will not even be processed until the following day, early in the morning.

17) What happens if I stay in an eligible property, pay with my Aspire, but the resort credit doesn't post automatically?
If the resort credit hasn't posted within 7 days, it will most likely not post automatically, and you need to call Amex to have it manually applied. Unfortunately Amex typically requires you to wait until 8 weeks after the charge before they will manually apply the resort credit. The credit not posting automatically is very rare though, see below.

18) What properties seem to have issues with the credit posting automatically?
FT members have reported that the resort credit has not posted automatically at several of the eligible resorts:

LXR Susona Bodrum, Turkey - May 2021 [Also, bonus is showing 3x, not 14x. Indicating this hotel is not coded correctly in their system. Multiple chats did not resolve this problem but a phone call did.
Resort credit has now posted and was told this should be fixed going forward. Still waiting for add'l 11x bonus points]

19) Is the credit per membership year or per calendar year?
Per membership year. Your first reward year begins on your account opening date. Each subsequent reward year begins on the anniversary of your account opening date.

20) For which resorts has the resort credit posted?
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines
Crocksford Las Vegas
WA Grand Wailea - Multiple reports of credit not posting automatically, however one positive data point in Feb 2019 of the credit posting, YMMV.
DT Fallsview Resort Niagara Falls - several reports
Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk - 7/6/2021
Hilton Tokyo Bay - several reports
Elara Las Vegas - several reports
WA La Quinta - two reports
Hilton Mauritius - one report
Hilton Sedona - one report
Jewel Dunn River Curio Jamaica - one report
Hilton Malta - one report
Hilton Queenstown Resort and Spa - 8/2019, 2/2023
Hilton Hangzhou Qiandao Lake Resort - 4/2018
Hilton Sanqingshan Resort -4/2019
Hilton Palm Springs, CA - 1/2022
Hilton Waterfront Resort, Huntington Beach, CA - 10/2021

Print Wikipost

[Archive 2021-2023 Hilton Amex Aspire $200 Resort Credit]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2023, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by diesteldorf
In actual practice, non-refundable rates for properties outside the U.S. still trigger the credit because the charge is processed by the property directly.
If you book a property in the U.S. as ADVANCED PURCHASE, the charge normally shows up as HILTON ADVANCED PURCHASE, not the actual property, and doesn't trigger the credit.
I'm not a Hilton expert, but I am pretty sure the Roku resort they booked is in Kyoto, JAPAN.
Is a semi-flexible rate where I can cancel 5 days before considered advanced purchase?
Old Oct 8, 2023, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by MNSWEEps
Is a semi-flexible rate where I can cancel 5 days before considered advanced purchase?
No.

Advance purchase is advance purchase. You are charged as soon as you book it and cannot cancel it.
SPN Lifer, MNSWEEps and sdsearch like this.
Old Oct 10, 2023, 9:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by brp
Like us. We can use the Resort credit for our HGVC maintenance fees, so that's easy. However, the airline credit is very difficult since it doesn't apply to tickets (except WN, and we fly them rarely) and we don't pay airline fees. So, it is very much a YMMV situation.

Cheers.
This is OT but you can also use the airline credit for United TB funds which can in turn be used to buy tickets - I personally find this the easiest way to use the credit. If you read the threads in the Amex forum for the various airlines you can find other useful ways to use the credit on several airlines.
SPN Lifer and mball like this.
Old Oct 11, 2023, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by brp
Like us. We can use the Resort credit for our HGVC maintenance fees, so that's easy. However, the airline credit is very difficult since it doesn't apply to tickets (except WN, and we fly them rarely) and we don't pay airline fees. So, it is very much a YMMV situation.

Cheers.
Just to confirm, the resort credit works on HGVC maintenance fees?
Old Oct 11, 2023, 12:14 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by friedablass
This is OT but you can also use the airline credit for United TB funds which can in turn be used to buy tickets - I personally find this the easiest way to use the credit. If you read the threads in the Amex forum for the various airlines you can find other useful ways to use the credit on several airlines.
I do know of this one, but we don’t fly United, so it doesn’t help us. Unfortunately.

Originally Posted by donasaur
Just to confirm, the resort credit works on HGVC maintenance fees?
Yes, for most of them. Best place to look for details is the HGVC board on TUG.

We use it for Blvd in Vegas, and it works.

cheers.
Old Oct 11, 2023, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by brp
However, the airline credit is very difficult since it doesn't apply to tickets (except WN, and we fly them rarely)
Been using the $250/200 misc airline fee credits for DL airline tickets for years, along with WN airline tickets. My experience is it's pretty reliable for DL/WN add/collects, award fees, or even cheap airfares. The one it's not reliable for is AS (maybe less than 50% of the time), but AMEX CS chat has helped out some. Because DL/WN work pretty automagically and I fly on them enough to make it useful (and AMEX has extra synergy with DL given the cobrand cards and ability to transfer MR) I've gravitated towards using DL/WN as my chosen airlines on the Aspire and Platinum.

This year I have a bit of a stumper to get my $250 resort credit squared away, my guess is I'll spend a night or three in Vegas before my May anniversary and use it then.
Old Oct 20, 2023, 2:27 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
I understand that for existing cardholders, the change to the $250 Resort credit goes into effect Jan 1, 2024. That means we get one last kick at the can if your annual fee renews between now and Dec 31, 2023 (and you're able to spend it in time), right?
Old Oct 20, 2023, 5:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by msp3
I understand that for existing cardholders, the change to the $250 Resort credit goes into effect Jan 1, 2024. That means we get one last kick at the can if your annual fee renews between now and Dec 31, 2023 (and you're able to spend it in time), right?
Yep.
msp3 and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Oct 20, 2023, 12:19 pm

The new Hilton Aspire changes have created a kind of humorous challenge for me.

Both myself and P2 have aspire cards with unused $250 credits, and we were both originally planning to use them for a resort stay in January 2024 (our membership years start/end in Feb and April). With the new changes, those $250 credits effectively expire on 12/31/2023 (and we then get 2 x $200 credits to use January through June, which we will obviously use in our January stay). We don't have any other organic uses for the resort credit prior to 12/31/2023, so now I am trying to use those $250 credits that expire this year via a prepayment, ideally on that January resort stay.

The issue is that the resort stay is at Zemi beach house, a LXR property in Anguilla. Right now, both my Platinum card and P2's platinum card each has 2x (likely) stackable Amex Offers for that property, one of which expires on 12/31/2023 and would thus also require a prepayment:

1. A "Spend $1000 and receive $200" on Waldorf/Conrad/LXR in Mexico/Polynesia/Anguilla, which expires on 12/31/2023, and
2. A "Spend $750 and receive $150" on Hilton properties across multiple brands in Mexico/Caribbean/LatinAmerica (and Zemi Beach House is on the property list) and which expires on 2/15/2024

If both of those offers trigger, that would be $350 back on $1000 in spend. And I have that on 2 separate platinum cards.

So with that in mind, if I was allowed maximum pre-payment, I would be able to get $350 (both offers on my Platinum Card) and $350 (both offers on P2's Platinum card) and $250 (my expiring resort credit) and $250 (P2's expiring resort credit), for a total of $1200 in credits on $2500 worth of prepayments. (And then beyond that, there would be the possibility of 2x$200 further of credits if I managed to spend $400 beyond my prepayments at the actual hotel during our stay in January).

I have been racking my brain for ways to somehow pull-off having the hotel allow me to make that many separate prepayments prior to 12/31/2023. Right now, the 9-night booking is all on points + free nights, and so in all likelihood I probably will not be able to generate enough actual food/beverage/other spend at the hotel to take advantage of $2500 in prepayments.

As a result, I am probably going to settle for prepayments of $1000 (to trigger my Plat offers) + $250 (to trigger my Aspire Resort Credit) + $250 (to trigger P2's Aspire Resort credit), and then utilize the additional 2x$200 new resort credits in 2024. For anyone keeping track, that will be $1250 in offers/credits on $1900 in spend (on which I will likely get back somewhere in the neighborhood of 50k Hilton points worth ~$250 with an average point valuation).

Right now, my strategy to have the hotel allow me to make that 3 separate prepayments is:
- Asking the hotel to let me do a paid upgrade from Garden view to Ocean View room (something we might want to do anyway, given that a 1yr-old baby's nap schedule will keep us in the room a lot) on 6 or 7 consecutive nights of the bookings under my name to hopefully reach ~$1000 for my Plat card
- Then doing the same on the 1 night under P2's name (and potentially rejiggering the bookings if we need to get 2 nights to hit $250)
- Then potentially asking to do the same on 1 more subsequently booked night, under my name, and which "sandwiches" P2's dates. Alternately, I might ask if we can prepay for a speedboat transfer or just general prepayment to our Folio

It's been a very funny challenge to try to puzzle through how to do this.
Old Oct 20, 2023, 3:24 pm

I have not used my $250 credit since it is for "Membership year" for old rule.
I saw new terms said new rule effective on 1/1/2024, but I doubt current system has been changed to $200 now. I guess if booking and using hotel credit now, system will give $200 credit only for new rule.
if it still follow old $250 rule, does it mean I can try to use $250 before end of 2023, then from 2024, I can double dip $200+200 again (new rule is for calendar year)

the reason I guess current system has been changed bcos the airline credit meter now changed to $50/quarter. I am lucky to use old $250 already. For ppl who not use $250 already, I guess only $50/ quarter available now even term mentioned changed effective on 1/1/24

Waiting for DP for both hotel and airline credit during the transit period
Old Oct 20, 2023, 3:28 pm

Programs: Globalist, Diamond via Aspire
My $450 renew fee posted two weeks ago. Do I still have that $250 resort credit? I am asking because I cannot find anywhere in my account mentioning this 250 credit. Thanks!
Old Oct 20, 2023, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by Wintertiger
My $450 renew fee posted two weeks ago. Do I still have that $250 resort credit? I am asking because I cannot find anywhere in my account mentioning this 250 credit. Thanks!
Yes, you still have the old $250 resort credit. The new $200 x 2 resort credits don't start till 2024.

Last edited by diesteldorf; Oct 20, 2023 at 4:39 pm
Old Oct 20, 2023, 3:36 pm

Programs: Globalist, Diamond via Aspire
Originally Posted by diesteldorf
Yes, you still have the old $250 resort credit. The new $200 x 2 resort credits don't start 2024.
Thanks!! Now need to figure out how to use it, haha,
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2023, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by Wintertiger
Thanks!! Now need to figure out how to use it, haha,
Haha, same. My renewal is on 12/13. Might just have to use it at the Chicago "resort."
Old Oct 20, 2023, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by aopluu
I have not used my $250 credit since it is for "Membership year" for old rule.
I saw new terms said new rule effective on 1/1/2024, but I doubt current system has been changed to $200 now. I guess if booking and using hotel credit now, system will give $200 credit only for new rule.
if it still follow old $250 rule, does it mean I can try to use $250 before end of 2023, then from 2024, I can double dip $200+200 again (new rule is for calendar year)

the reason I guess current system has been changed bcos the airline credit meter now changed to $50/quarter. I am lucky to use old $250 already. For ppl who not use $250 already, I guess only $50/ quarter available now even term mentioned changed effective on 1/1/24

Waiting for DP for both hotel and airline credit during the transit period
The rules appear clear that you can still use your $250 until the end of the year, and then you will have the $200/6 months starting on 01/01/2024. I think the rules clearly state the $200/6 month aspect doesn't start until 01/01/2024 so there wouldn't be any reason for only getting $200 resort credit through the end of 2023.

The airline credit meter changed, but my understanding is that if you didn't use your old airline credit, you can still use it, and get an extra $50 for the rest of the year. I will be testing it out this weekend and will let you know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.