Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 5, 19, 4:16 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Enigma368
Wiki Link
$250 Hilton Resort Credit

AMEX TERMS:
During each year of your Card Membership ("reward year"), you are eligible to receive up to $250 total in statement credits on your Card Account for eligible purchases made directly with participating Hilton Resorts with your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card during that reward year. Your first reward year begins on your account opening date. Each subsequent reward year begins on the anniversary of your account opening date.
Eligible Hilton Resort purchases must be made directly with the participating Hilton Resort and charged to your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card account for the benefit to apply. Incidental charges (including charges made at restaurants, spas, and other establishments within the hotel property) must be charged to your room and paid for with your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card at checkout in order for them to be recognized as Hilton Resort purchases. Visit hilton.com/resorts for the list of participating Hilton Resorts. Purchases made by both the Basic and Additional Card Members on the eligible Card Account are eligible for statement credits. However, each Card Account is eligible for up to a total of $250 per renewal year in statement credits across all Cards on the Card Account. Please allow 8-12 weeks after the eligible Hilton purchase is charged to your Card Account for statement credit(s) to be posted to the Account. Please call the number on the back of your Card if statement credits have not posted after 12 weeks from the date of purchase. Card Members remain responsible for timely payment of all charges.

FAQ

ELIGIBLE RATES
1) Do you have to book directly through Hilton in order to receive the resort credit?
NO. See below.

2) If Iím booking at Hilton.com or through the Hilton app, etc., are any rates not eligible for the resort credit?
Any rates charged by the hotel directly will trigger the credit. Advance purchase rates for properties in the USA are charged by Hilton Corporate in Tennessee and WILL NOT trigger the credit. Advance purchase rates for properties outside the USA are typically charged by the hotel directly, so these WILL trigger the credit. According to DoC and the discussion from post #849 onwards advance purchase rates are becoming ineligible starting Aug 1, 2019, though it is unclear how this will be enforced for international properties.

3) I have to book through my corporate travel agent or use my corporate rate code at Hilton.com, will I still get the resort credit?
YES. Any rates that are charged by the hotel directly will trigger the credit.

4) What about bookings through Orbitz, Expedia, and other online travel agencies?
As long as the rate is ďpay at hotelĒ then it will trigger the credit. Prepaid and other special rates that are charged directly by Orbitz or Expedia, etc. and not the hotel will not trigger the credit.

5) Iím looking at an eligible hotel that charges a refundable one-night deposit for all bookings, can I get the resort credit for this?
YES. As long as the deposit is charged directly by an eligible hotel to your Aspire, it will trigger the credit.

6) I see the Aspire also offers a $100 property credit at certain Conrad and Waldorf Astoria properties. What is the difference? Can I combine both credits?
YES, these are different credits but it is possible to combine them. In order to be eligible for the $100 property credit you must book a specific rate via the www.hiltonhonorsaspirecard.com website. The $100 property credit will be applied by the property at check-out before you card is charged, while the $250 resort credit will be applied by AMEX a few days after the charge appears on your statement.

For example, say you book the qualifying property credit rate via the website above for 2 nights @ $250/night, and then charge $100 in dinner to your room. At check-out, your preliminary folio is $600. The front desk will apply the $100 credit, making your final folio $500 which would be charged to your Aspire. A few days later AMEX will apply the $250 resort credit to your AMEX statement, making your total out of pocket only $250 for a $600 stay. Not bad!

ELIGIBLE PROPERTIES
7) Only properties listed at the official Hilton Resorts link (hilton.com/resorts) are eligible for this credit!

8) However, the hilton.com/resorts website isnít the best! Please search thoroughly. For example, the Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas does not appear when you search North America > US & Hawaii > Nevada, but it does appear if you search the map.

9) I didnít see a property listed at the official Hilton Resorts link, but it did show up when searching Hilton.com and filtering amenities to ďResort Property,Ē can I get the resort credit here?
NO. Only properties listed at the official Hilton Resorts link (hilton.com/resorts) are eligible for the credit.

10) What about this hotel I stayed at last year, itís not listed at the official Hilton Resorts link, but it has a pool and a spa and the sun was out when I was there, surely I can get the resort credit there?
NO. Only properties listed at the official Hilton Resorts link (hilton.com/resorts) are eligible for the credit.

11) OK, I get it, only properties listed at the official Hilton Resorts link (hilton.com/resorts) are eligible for the credit, but are there any others that have fallen through the cracks?
Any properties that are not listed at the official Hilton Resorts link but with positive reports of triggering the resort credit are listed below:
- HILTON WAIKIKI BEACH HOTEL (reported by jphripjah May 1, 2018) Has been added to hilton.com/resorts since.
El Conquistador Tucson, A Hilton Resort is not listed on Hilton Resorts searchable link (by state), but shows up on the map. It is reported it by mdosu April 10, 2018 that there is positive report of triggering the resort credit.

ELIGIBLE CHARGES
12) What charges are eligible for this resort credit?
ANYTHING charged directly by the hotel or to your room by an eligible property will trigger the resort credit. Room rate, taxes, fees, room service, dining, bars, spa, transportation, jet skis, beach chairs, excursions, etc. etc. etc. AMEX doesnít discriminate on what the charge is, as long as the charge appears directly from an eligible hotel it will trigger the credit.

13) I booked an award stay using Honors points at an eligible property, can I still get the resort credit for incidentals charged to the room if I pay with my Aspire?
YES. ANYTHING charged to your room by an eligible property will trigger the resort credit, as long as you settle the charges with your Aspire.

14) I booked a prepaid rate through Orbitz at an eligible property with a different credit card, can I still get the resort credit for my hotel bar tab that I charged to the room if settle this at check-out with my Aspire?
YES. ANYTHING charged to your room by an eligible property will trigger the resort credit, as long as you settle the charges with your Aspire.

15) I bought some cat food and fresh underwear at the hotel gift shop and charged it to my room. Itís an eligible property and Iím paying with my Aspire, but surely I wonít get the resort credit for this?
WRONG. ANYTHING charged to your room by an eligible property will trigger the resort credit, as long as you settle the charges with your Aspire. And donít call me Shirley.

CREDIT TIMING
16) How long does the resort credit take to post to my Amex statement?
The resort credit typically posts between 2-5 days after the eligible charge posts to your Amex account.

17) What happens if I stay in an eligible property, pay with my Aspire, but the resort credit doesn't post automatically?
If the resort credit hasn't posted within 7 days, it will most likely not post automatically, and you need to call Amex to have it manually applied. Unfortunately Amex typically requires you to wait until 8 weeks after the charge before they will manually apply the resort credit. The credit not posting automatically is very rare though, see below.

18) What properties seem to have issues with the credit posting automatically?
FT members have reported that the resort credit has not posted automatically at several of the eligible resorts:

19) Is the credit per membership year or per calendar year?
Per membership year. Your first reward year begins on your account opening date. Each subsequent reward year begins on the anniversary of your account opening date.

20) At what resorts has the resort fee been credited for?
WA Grand Wailea - Multiple reports of credit not posting automatically, however one positive data point in Feb 2019 of the credit posting, YMMV.
DT Fallsview Resort Niagara Falls - several reports
Hilton Tokyo Bay - several reports
Elara Las Vegas - several reports
WA La Quinta - two reports
Hilton Mauritius - one report
Hilton Sedona - one report
Jewel Dunn River Curio Jamaica - one report
Hilton Malta - one report
Hilton Queenstown Resort and Spa - 8/2019
Hilton Hangzhou Qiandao Lake Resort - 4/2018
Hilton Sanqingshan Resort -4/2019
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 5, 19, 11:24 am

Can you buy theme park tickets at the Waldorf Astoria Orlando and if so, do they trigger the Amex Aspire resort credit? I have $500 in resort credits and am staying there next month on free night certificates. I sure would like to maximize my credits. It's just DD11 and I traveling so spa and alcohol are out.
Old Dec 5, 19, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by wed100105 View Post
Can you buy theme park tickets at the Waldorf Astoria Orlando and if so, do they trigger the Amex Aspire resort credit?.
Call the hotel and if so, see wiki #12 .
Adam1222 and wed100105 like this.

Last edited by Troopers; Dec 5, 19 at 2:39 pm
Old Dec 5, 19, 9:08 pm

Programs: UA Gold, DL Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond
Is there any delay in posting credit recently? Charge posted on 12/2 but haven't got credit. Previously it was mostly next day after charge posted.
Old Dec 5, 19, 10:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; UA 1K 1MM; Marriott Ambassador; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by lz80521 View Post
Is there any delay in posting credit recently? Charge posted on 12/2 but haven't got credit. Previously it was mostly next day after charge posted.
Same here. Charge posted Dec. 1.
Old Dec 5, 19, 10:30 pm

Programs: AA gold, DL Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat
To add DP from recent stayin Asia, AP rate at non-US resort still triggers credit as charges are billed by the property.
JJeffrey likes this.
Old Dec 5, 19, 10:44 pm

Does AAA prepaid rate trigger the credit?
Old Dec 5, 19, 11:34 pm

Tropicana prepaid rate

Tropicana is listed as a Hilton resort. If I book a prepaid rate on the Hilton webpage, will it trigger a credit?
Old Dec 6, 19, 4:30 am

Programs: DL SM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Radisson Gold; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by AZYZ View Post
Tropicana is listed as a Hilton resort. If I book a prepaid rate on the Hilton webpage, will it trigger a credit?
No. As should be abundantly clear from the terms and conditions as well as the wiki at the top of this thread as well as hundreds of comments...an advance purchase rate at a US property will not trigger the credit.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Dec 6, 19, 1:46 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum, AS MVP75K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by sdsearch View Post
And that's why (if you had read my entire post) I suggested you find a thread about Dubai and ask there.

Except I looked it up for you just now, and if I'm reading correctly, there is no Hilton in Dubai any more, and only a new one opening up somewhere nearby later. So if that's true, there can be no one with EXPERIENCE in a Hilton Dubai hotel that can help with a stay in the future!

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilt...l#post31762198 (starting at post 41)

So it sounds like you may a much bigger problem than the $5 charge you were worrying about, if you had planned a stay at this property after it's leaving.
What? There are tons of Hilton Dubai Resorts in the wiki. Nice follow up from Adam to add to the fodder of welcomeness. In this thread. Itís really making others feel welcome and is encouraging others to ask questions to answers such as ďitís in the wikiĒ ďwhy havenít you done any research?Ē ďCan you please read our comments because this has been discussed numerous times! Itís in the wikiĒ

and other nice welcoming comments to people who donít know.
Old Dec 6, 19, 3:55 pm

Programs: DL SM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Radisson Gold; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by NWplatinum View Post
What? There are tons of Hilton Dubai Resorts in the wiki. Nice follow up from Adam to add to the fodder of welcomeness. In this thread. It’s really making others feel welcome and is encouraging others to ask questions to answers such as “it’s in the wiki” “why haven’t you done any research?” “Can you please read our comments because this has been discussed numerous times! It’s in the wiki”

and other nice welcoming comments to people who don’t know.
Thanks for adding this helpful data point that furthers the collective information-sharing and answers the questions asked. Oh wait.
Carl Christensen and hhdl like this.
Old Dec 7, 19, 12:31 pm

Programs: AS MVP G, DL PL
Originally Posted by lz80521 View Post
My trip also posted on 12/2 and it is not credited... 5 days...
Old Dec 7, 19, 3:17 pm

Apologies if this has been answered, but my wife and I each have a card with the credit. If we book a 1-night stay and are both on the reservation, are we able to split the bill between both cards and trigger the credit on each?
Old Dec 7, 19, 4:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by kantscholar View Post
Apologies if this has been answered, but my wife and I each have a card with the credit. If we book a 1-night stay and are both on the reservation, are we able to split the bill between both cards and trigger the credit on each?
if the hotel allows you pay split payment at check out and they swipe both your ccs, then i believe both of you will trigger the credit
Old Dec 7, 19, 4:41 pm

^ Thanks!
Old Dec 8, 19, 10:43 am

Does the MVP cooperate rate work for the credit as well?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: