Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[Archive 2021-2023 Hilton Amex Aspire $200 Resort Credit]

Old Apr 24, 2018, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
$250 Hilton Resort Credit

Note: The web page for the resorts has changed. You must input dates and/or a specific region to get a list of all resorts in that region. Sometimes the web page works better on a mobile device.

The resort credit benefit changed in late 2023. Refer to this separate discussion and wikipost for FAQs.

AMEX TERMS:
During each year of your Card Membership ("reward year"), you are eligible to receive up to $250 total in statement credits on your Card Account for eligible purchases made directly with participating Hilton Resorts with your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card during that reward year. Your first reward year begins on your account opening date. Each subsequent reward year begins on the anniversary of your account opening date.
Eligible Hilton Resort purchases must be made directly with the participating Hilton Resort and charged to your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card account for the benefit to apply. Incidental charges (including charges made at restaurants, spas, and other establishments within the hotel property) must be charged to your room and paid for with your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card at checkout in order for them to be recognized as Hilton Resort purchases. Visit hilton.com/resorts for the list of participating Hilton Resorts. Purchases made by both the Basic and Additional Card Members on the eligible Card Account are eligible for statement credits. However, each Card Account is eligible for up to a total of $250 per renewal year in statement credits across all Cards on the Card Account. Please allow 8-12 weeks after the eligible Hilton purchase is charged to your Card Account for statement credit(s) to be posted to the Account. Please call the number on the back of your Card if statement credits have not posted after 12 weeks from the date of purchase. Card Members remain responsible for timely payment of all charges.

FAQ

ELIGIBLE RATES
1) Do you have to book directly through Hilton in order to receive the resort credit?
NO. See below.

2) If Im booking at Hilton.com or through the Hilton app, etc., are any rates not eligible for the resort credit?
Any rates charged by the hotel directly will trigger the credit. Advance purchase rates for properties in the USA are charged by Hilton Corporate in Tennessee and WILL NOT trigger the credit. Advance purchase rates for properties outside the USA are typically charged by the hotel directly, so these WILL trigger the credit. According to DoC and the discussion from post #849 onwards advance purchase rates are becoming ineligible starting Aug 1, 2019, though it is unclear how this will be enforced for international properties.

3) I have to book through my corporate travel agent or use my corporate rate code at Hilton.com, will I still get the resort credit?
YES. Any rates that are charged by the hotel directly will trigger the credit.

4) What about bookings through Orbitz, Expedia, and other online travel agencies?
As long as the rate is pay at hotel then it will trigger the credit. Prepaid and other special rates that are charged directly by Orbitz or Expedia, etc. and not the hotel will not trigger the credit.

5) Im looking at an eligible hotel that charges a refundable one-night deposit for all bookings, can I get the resort credit for this?
YES. As long as the deposit is charged directly by an eligible hotel to your Aspire, it will trigger the credit.

6) I see the Aspire also offers a $100 property credit at certain Conrad and Waldorf Astoria properties. What is the difference? Can I combine both credits?
YES, these are different credits but it is possible to combine them. In order to be eligible for the $100 property credit you must book a specific rate via the www.hiltonhonorsaspirecard.com website. The $100 property credit will be applied by the property at check-out before you card is charged, while the $250 resort credit will be applied by AMEX a few days after the charge appears on your statement.

For example, say you book the qualifying property credit rate via the website above for 2 nights @ $250/night, and then charge $100 in dinner to your room. At check-out, your preliminary folio is $600. The front desk will apply the $100 credit, making your final folio $500 which would be charged to your Aspire. A few days later AMEX will apply the $250 resort credit to your AMEX statement, making your total out of pocket only $250 for a $600 stay. Not bad!

ELIGIBLE PROPERTIES

As of 2022 or 2023, there is no static list of eligible properties.
You can either go to Hilton.com/resorts and hit "explore more resorts," or apply the "Resorts" filter on the search yourself.

7) Only properties listed at the official Hilton Resorts link (hilton.com/resorts) are eligible for this credit!

8) However, the hilton.com/resorts website isnt the best! Please search thoroughly. For example, the Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas does not appear when you search North America > US & Hawaii > Nevada, but it does appear if you search the map.

9) I didnt see a property listed at the official Hilton Resorts link, but it did show up when searching Hilton.com and filtering amenities to Resort Property, can I get the resort credit here?
NO. Only properties listed at the official Hilton Resorts link (hilton.com/resorts) are eligible for the credit.

10) What about this hotel I stayed at last year, its not listed at the official Hilton Resorts link, but it has a pool and a spa and the sun was out when I was there, surely I can get the resort credit there?
NO. Only properties listed at the official Hilton Resorts link (hilton.com/resorts) are eligible for the credit.

11) OK, I get it, only properties listed at the official Hilton Resorts link (hilton.com/resorts) are eligible for the credit, but are there any others that have fallen through the cracks?
Any properties that are not listed at the official Hilton Resorts link but with positive reports of triggering the resort credit are listed below:
- HILTON WAIKIKI BEACH HOTEL (reported by jphripjah May 1, 2018) Has been added to hilton.com/resorts since.
El Conquistador Tucson, A Hilton Resort is not listed on Hilton Resorts searchable link (by state), but shows up on the map. It is reported it by mdosu April 10, 2018 that there is positive report of triggering the resort credit.

ELIGIBLE CHARGES
12) What charges are eligible for this resort credit?
ANYTHING charged directly by the hotel or to your room by an eligible property will trigger the resort credit. Room rate, taxes, fees, room service, dining, bars, spa, transportation, jet skis, beach chairs, excursions, etc. etc. etc. AMEX doesnt discriminate on what the charge is, as long as the charge appears directly from an eligible hotel it will trigger the credit.

13) I booked an award stay using Honors points at an eligible property, can I still get the resort credit for incidentals charged to the room if I pay with my Aspire?
YES. ANYTHING charged to your room by an eligible property will trigger the resort credit, as long as you settle the charges with your Aspire.

14) I booked a prepaid rate through Orbitz at an eligible property with a different credit card, can I still get the resort credit for my hotel bar tab that I charged to the room if settle this at check-out with my Aspire?
YES. ANYTHING charged to your room by an eligible property will trigger the resort credit, as long as you settle the charges with your Aspire.

15) I bought some cat food and fresh underwear at the hotel gift shop and charged it to my room. Its an eligible property and Im paying with my Aspire, but surely I wont get the resort credit for this?
WRONG. ANYTHING charged to your room by an eligible property will trigger the resort credit, as long as you settle the charges with your Aspire. And dont call me Shirley.

CREDIT TIMING
16) How long does the resort credit take to post to my Amex statement?
The resort credit typically posts between 2-5 days after 10 days or even more after the eligible charge posts to your Amex account. Note that sometimes your charge will not even be processed until the following day, early in the morning.

17) What happens if I stay in an eligible property, pay with my Aspire, but the resort credit doesn't post automatically?
If the resort credit hasn't posted within 7 days, it will most likely not post automatically, and you need to call Amex to have it manually applied. Unfortunately Amex typically requires you to wait until 8 weeks after the charge before they will manually apply the resort credit. The credit not posting automatically is very rare though, see below.

18) What properties seem to have issues with the credit posting automatically?
FT members have reported that the resort credit has not posted automatically at several of the eligible resorts:

LXR Susona Bodrum, Turkey - May 2021 [Also, bonus is showing 3x, not 14x. Indicating this hotel is not coded correctly in their system. Multiple chats did not resolve this problem but a phone call did.
Resort credit has now posted and was told this should be fixed going forward. Still waiting for add'l 11x bonus points]

19) Is the credit per membership year or per calendar year?
Per membership year. Your first reward year begins on your account opening date. Each subsequent reward year begins on the anniversary of your account opening date.

20) For which resorts has the resort credit posted?
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines
Crocksford Las Vegas
WA Grand Wailea - Multiple reports of credit not posting automatically, however one positive data point in Feb 2019 of the credit posting, YMMV.
DT Fallsview Resort Niagara Falls - several reports
Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk - 7/6/2021
Hilton Tokyo Bay - several reports
Elara Las Vegas - several reports
WA La Quinta - two reports
Hilton Mauritius - one report
Hilton Sedona - one report
Jewel Dunn River Curio Jamaica - one report
Hilton Malta - one report
Hilton Queenstown Resort and Spa - 8/2019, 2/2023
Hilton Hangzhou Qiandao Lake Resort - 4/2018
Hilton Sanqingshan Resort -4/2019
Hilton Palm Springs, CA - 1/2022
Hilton Waterfront Resort, Huntington Beach, CA - 10/2021

Print Wikipost

[Archive 2021-2023 Hilton Amex Aspire $200 Resort Credit]

Old Jun 11, 2023, 12:46 am

Trying to use my Resort Credit for the first time and want to make sure I did everything correctly. We booked a 1 night stay at the Waldorf Las Vegas in July using the Honors Flexible Rate (refundable).
Room Rate was $264, Taxes $41, Resort Charge $45 for a total of $350.
However in the Guarantee Policy it says "This reservation requires a credit card deposit of $350.00 USD which will be charged to your card."
It immediately charged the card for the $350 even though it wasn't a non-refundable but I think this is due to it being a single day stay. If I modify it to a 2 night stay it wants to charge $495 out of the $834 total.

Given that it already charged the full $350, will I still be eligible for the $250 resort credit? I assume this is just the deposit and the "full" charge will happen at check out with the resort credit posting after that?
Old Jun 11, 2023, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by 0xBA1EE7ED
Trying to use my Resort Credit for the first time and want to make sure I did everything correctly. We booked a 1 night stay at the Waldorf Las Vegas in July using the Honors Flexible Rate (refundable).
However in the Guarantee Policy it says "This reservation requires a credit card deposit of $350.00 USD which will be charged to your card."
It immediately charged the card for the $350 even though it wasn't a non-refundable but I think this is due to it being a single day stay. If I modify it to a 2 night stay it wants to charge $495 out of the $834 total.

Given that it already charged the full $350, will I still be eligible for the $250 resort credit? I assume this is just the deposit and the "full" charge will happen at check out with the resort credit posting after that?
Many properties in Vegas charge a one-night deposit. In your case, the resort credit will likely post before you complete your stay, so you have nothing to worry about. Good Luck.
Old Jun 11, 2023, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by 0xBA1EE7ED

As noted deposits charged directly by hotels are fine and are totally different than pre-paid non refundable reservations which are not charged by the hotel (and thus won't trigger the credit).

As soon as ANY charge from the hotel posts to your Amex it will trigger the credit. So you should now see the credit post a few days after the $350 deposit fully posts.

Since the credit will be posting now (or in a few days) you obviously will not see it now after you check out and the remainder of your folio posts.
Old Jun 11, 2023, 4:59 pm

Thank you very much!
Old Jun 22, 2023, 8:02 pm

Programs: HH D, MB G, IHG P, Nat'l EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ncSam
My charge posted from the Hilton Fiji Beach Resort on May 14 and I've yet to receive the credit. The purchase also posted with 3x points earning, so I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to open a ticket to get all of this fixed.
I was able to have the $250 manually credit but Amex is refusing to credit the extra 11x earning in the spending, claiming it appears that this is indicated as a New Merchant on our end. It's not included in the list of hotels and resorts within the Hilton portfolio that was provided by the merchant, that's why the purchases are under the category of 3X points per $1 on other eligible purchases.

When I pressed further they claimed The property is not part of the Hilton portfolio. I may HUCA or just give up, but beware that this hotel is not coded properly and wont automatically trigger the resort credit or bonus points.
Old Jun 25, 2023, 3:10 am

Programs: BA Silver, IB Platino, TP Gold
Resort list

I am pretty sure the Waldorf Astoria Dubai was in the list of resorts last month when I booked, now isnt any chance to trigger the 250$?
thx
Old Jun 27, 2023, 5:59 pm

Programs: AC 50k, Marriott LIfetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
This has always depended on each specific hotel and restaurant. If the charge shows up as the hotel then you'll get the credit, if it shows up as the individual restaurant then you won't.
Does anyone know if any of the resorts in Las Vegas do this? I'll be in Vegas in October and looking to use the resort credit for dining but won't be staying at the resort.
Old Jul 1, 2023, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DTCFlyer
I am pretty sure the Waldorf Astoria Dubai was in the list of resorts last month when I booked, now isn’t… any chance to trigger the 250$?
thx
Perhaps it was temporary error?

When I look at this list:

https://www.hilton.com/en/locations/resorts/

and scroll in on Dubai just now, it shows:

Waldorf Astoria Dubai Palm Jumeirah

Isn't that the one you're asking about?
Old Jul 10, 2023, 9:35 am

$250 resort credit was going to expire on 8/24/23 (confirmed with Amex Chat), but I had no travel plans leading up to August and at risk of losing my credit. P2 didn't have any desire to go to Vegas, so I couldn't plan any stays at any Vegas properties. I kept looking for resort properties that charged a deposit other than Vegas. Thankfully, I was able to pay a 1-night deposit for the Woodlands Resort (HTX) in November and was given the resort credit after 5-days. The new resort credit should appear after my anniversary date.

7/2/23: Booked 1-night stay at Woodlands Resort for November
7/3/23: Deposit was charged to account
7/8/23: $250 resort credit was posted to my account (5 days)
Old Jul 11, 2023, 6:04 pm

I stayed at the Hilton Chicago/Oak Brook resort over July 4. Split $950.00 in charges between 3 Aspire cards. Charged $250+ on each card July 4 and received a $250.00 credit x 3 on July 11.

https://www.oakbrookhillsresortchicago.com/
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2023, 11:07 am

Might be a dumb question, but I booked a 1-night stay at a local resort that appears in the Hilton resorts search. I secured the room with my Aspire. My wife has an Aspire too and I'm wondering if $250 resort credit work for restaurants on site my wife swipes the charge instead of us charging it to the room? Is there any way to know ahead of time whether the restaurant appears as a hotel charge rather than the individual restaurant? Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 27, 2023, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by diesteldorf
I stayed at the Hilton Chicago/Oak Brook resort over July 4. Split $950.00 in charges between 3 Aspire cards. Charged $250+ on each card July 4 and received a $250.00 credit x 3 on July 11.

https://www.oakbrookhillsresortchicago.com/
Originally Posted by Cynapse
Might be a dumb question, but I booked a 1-night stay at a local resort that appears in the Hilton resorts search. I secured the room with my Aspire. My wife has an Aspire too and I'm wondering if $250 resort credit work for restaurants on site my wife swipes the charge instead of us charging it to the room? Is there any way to know ahead of time whether the restaurant appears as a hotel charge rather than the individual restaurant? Thanks in advance!
It depends on how the restaurants code, and if they use the same processor as the hotel. You could buy a small item/drink, ask them to run your wife's card, and check the PENDING CHARGES to see if it codes as Hilton.

A better option may be charge everything to the room and ask the hotel if you can split the charges between multiple cards at checkout. Good Luck.
Old Jul 27, 2023, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by diesteldorf
It depends on how the restaurants code, and if they use the same processor as the hotel. You could buy a small item/drink, ask them to run your wife's card, and check the PENDING CHARGES to see if it codes as Hilton.

A better option may be charge everything to the room and ask the hotel if you can split the charges between multiple cards at checkout. Good Luck.
Good suggestions, thank you! We could definitely pop in for a quick drink on arrival and then check the charges before our dinner later. Or like you suggested I could ask at check-in if I can split the bill when I check out the following day. Thanks!
Old Jul 27, 2023, 9:37 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Fortune Wings Club Gold
Hotel charge 7/14 $254
Resort credit 7/18
diesteldorf, boxo and JusRelax like this.
Old Jul 28, 2023, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by Cynapse
Good suggestions, thank you! We could definitely pop in for a quick drink on arrival and then check the charges before our dinner later. Or like you suggested I could ask at check-in if I can split the bill when I check out the following day. Thanks!
Definitely just put everything on the room then at check-out just ask them to put X amount on your Apire card and Y amount on your wife's card. 100% chance of success this way.

Over the years I've split hotel bills across different credit cards at check-out for various reasons and it's never a problem.

Otherwise IME sometimes it can take 2-3 days for a pending charge to move to posted, and the pending name doesn't always line up with what's ultimately posted.
sdsearch likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.