Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Hide Wikipost
Old Apr 10, 19, 2:46 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: mdosu
Wiki Link
$250 Hilton Resort Credit

AMEX TERMS:
During each year of your Card Membership ("reward year"), you are eligible to receive up to $250 total in statement credits on your Card Account for eligible purchases made directly with participating Hilton Resorts with your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card during that reward year. Your first reward year begins on your account opening date. Each subsequent reward year begins on the anniversary of your account opening date.
Eligible Hilton Resort purchases must be made directly with the participating Hilton Resort and charged to your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card account for the benefit to apply. Incidental charges (including charges made at restaurants, spas, and other establishments within the hotel property) must be charged to your room and paid for with your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card at checkout in order for them to be recognized as Hilton Resort purchases. Visit hilton.com/resorts for the list of participating Hilton Resorts. Purchases made by both the Basic and Additional Card Members on the eligible Card Account are eligible for statement credits. However, each Card Account is eligible for up to a total of $250 per renewal year in statement credits across all Cards on the Card Account. Please allow 8-12 weeks after the eligible Hilton purchase is charged to your Card Account for statement credit(s) to be posted to the Account. Please call the number on the back of your Card if statement credits have not posted after 12 weeks from the date of purchase. Card Members remain responsible for timely payment of all charges.

FAQ

ELIGIBLE RATES
1) Do you have to book directly through Hilton in order to receive the resort credit?
NO. See below.

2) If Iím booking at Hilton.com or through the Hilton app, etc., are any rates not eligible for the resort credit?
Any rates charged by the hotel directly will trigger the credit. Advance purchase rates for properties in the USA are charged by Hilton Corporate in Tennessee and WILL NOT trigger the credit. Advance purchase rates for properties outside the USA are typically charged by the hotel directly, so these WILL trigger the credit.

3) I have to book through my corporate travel agent or use my corporate rate code at Hilton.com, will I still get the resort credit?
YES. Any rates that are charged by the hotel directly will trigger the credit.

4) What about bookings through Orbitz, Expedia, and other online travel agencies?
As long as the rate is ďpay at hotelĒ then it will trigger the credit. Prepaid and other special rates that are charged directly by Orbitz or Expedia, etc. and not the hotel will not trigger the credit.

5) Iím looking at an eligible hotel that charges a refundable one-night deposit for all bookings, can I get the resort credit for this?
YES. As long as the deposit is charged directly by an eligible hotel to your Aspire, it will trigger the credit.

6) I see the Aspire also offers a $100 property credit at certain Conrad and Waldorf Astoria properties. What is the difference? Can I combine both credits?
YES, these are different credits but it is possible to combine them. In order to be eligible for the $100 property credit you must book a specific rate via the www.hiltonhonorsaspirecard.com website. The $100 property credit will be applied by the property at check-out before you card is charged, while the $250 resort credit will be applied by AMEX a few days after the charge appears on your statement.

For example, say you book the qualifying property credit rate via the website above for 2 nights @ $250/night, and then charge $100 in dinner to your room. At check-out, your preliminary folio is $600. The front desk will apply the $100 credit, making your final folio $500 which would be charged to your Aspire. A few days later AMEX will apply the $250 resort credit to your AMEX statement, making your total out of pocket only $250 for a $600 stay. Not bad!

ELIGIBLE PROPERTIES
7) Only properties listed at the official Hilton Resorts link (hilton.com/resorts) are eligible for this credit!

8) However, the hilton.com/resorts website isnít the best! Please search thoroughly. For example, the Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas does not appear when you search North America > US & Hawaii > Nevada, but it does appear if you search the map.

9) I didnít see a property listed at the official Hilton Resorts link, but it did show up when searching Hilton.com and filtering amenities to ďResort Property,Ē can I get the resort credit here?
NO. Only properties listed at the official Hilton Resorts link (hilton.com/resorts) are eligible for the credit.

10) What about this hotel I stayed at last year, itís not listed at the official Hilton Resorts link, but it has a pool and a spa and the sun was out when I was there, surely I can get the resort credit there?
NO. Only properties listed at the official Hilton Resorts link (hilton.com/resorts) are eligible for the credit.

11) OK, I get it, only properties listed at the official Hilton Resorts link (hilton.com/resorts) are eligible for the credit, but are there any others that have fallen through the cracks?
Any properties that are not listed at the official Hilton Resorts link but with positive reports of triggering the resort credit are listed below:
- HILTON WAIKIKI BEACH HOTEL (reported by jphripjah May 1, 2018) Has been added to hilton.com/resorts since.
El Conquistador Tucson, A Hilton Resort is not listed on Hilton Resorts searchable link (by state), but shows up on the map. It is reported it by mdosu April 10, 2018 that there is positive report of triggering the resort credit.

ELIGIBLE CHARGES
12) What charges are eligible for this resort credit?
ANYTHING charged directly by the hotel or to your room by an eligible property will trigger the resort credit. Room rate, taxes, fees, room service, dining, bars, spa, transportation, jet skis, beach chairs, excursions, etc. etc. etc. AMEX doesnít discriminate on what the charge is, as long as the charge appears directly from an eligible hotel it will trigger the credit.

13) I booked an award stay using Honors points at an eligible property, can I still get the resort credit for incidentals charged to the room if I pay with my Aspire?
YES. ANYTHING charged to your room by an eligible property will trigger the resort credit, as long as you settle the charges with your Aspire.

14) I booked a prepaid rate through Orbitz at an eligible property with a different credit card, can I still get the resort credit for my hotel bar tab that I charged to the room if settle this at check-out with my Aspire?
YES. ANYTHING charged to your room by an eligible property will trigger the resort credit, as long as you settle the charges with your Aspire.

15) I bought some cat food and fresh underwear at the hotel gift shop and charged it to my room. Itís an eligible property and Iím paying with my Aspire, but surely I wonít get the resort credit for this?
WRONG. ANYTHING charged to your room by an eligible property will trigger the resort credit, as long as you settle the charges with your Aspire. And donít call me Shirley.

CREDIT TIMING
16) How long does the resort credit take to post to my Amex statement?
The resort credit typically posts between 2-5 days after the eligible charge posts to your Amex account.

17) What happens if I stay in an eligible property, pay with my Aspire, but the resort credit doesn't post automatically?
If the resort credit hasn't posted within 7 days, it will most likely not post automatically, and you need to call Amex to have it manually applied. Unfortunately Amex typically requires you to wait until 8 weeks after the charge before they will manually apply the resort credit. The credit not posting automatically is very rare though, see below.

18) What properties seem to have issues with the credit posting automatically?
FT members have reported that the resort credit has not posted automatically at several of the eligible resorts:

WA Grand Wailea - Multiple reports of credit not posting automatically, however one positive data point in Feb 2019 of the credit posting, YMMV.
DT Fallsview Resort Niagara Falls - several reports
Hilton Tokyo Bay - several reports
Elara Las Vegas - several reports
WA La Quinta - one report
Hilton Mauritius - one report
Hilton Sedona - one report
Jewel Dunn River Curio Jamaica - one report
Hilton Malta - one report
Print Wikipost

Old Feb 15, 19, 1:11 pm

Programs: DL SM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott/SPG Plat; Radisson Gold; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by cabernetjack View Post
I recently got the Aspire card and wanted to use the resort credit. Unfortunately, I booked a US resort that is eligible for the credit but used an advanced pay rate. Looking for some advice on best way to try to get the charge to apply for the credit.

Is the best approach to

1) contact Hilton
2) contact AMEX
3) work with the hotel on credit rebill.

or some other approach.
You can try all of those, but should be prepared to accept the likely outcome that you will not get a credit l, since it was not a payment "made directly with the participating Hilton Resort." you can of course use the card for food, activities, and incidentals on your stay, and the credit will apply
Old Feb 15, 19, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by cabernetjack View Post
I recently got the Aspire card and wanted to use the resort credit. Unfortunately, I booked a US resort that is eligible for the credit but used an advanced pay rate. Looking for some advice on best way to try to get the charge to apply for the credit.

Is the best approach to

1) contact Hilton
2) contact AMEX
3) work with the hotel on credit rebill.

or some other approach.
yes. where theres a will, theres a way.

IME, best method is to rebill prepay upon checkin. and ALWAYS deal with the hotel mgr directly. its best when you have plenty of time before the resort credit expires. if youre almost out of time, you will need to hurry, but you just got the card. this will totally depend on each property and their mgrs. its also best to do everything in person, but sometimes you can only call. for something like this, i dont like calling cuz issues can arise. they have to refund the deposit and rebill your new CC. i have only done this in person for US props and upon checkin. ive been told this can be done via phone, but thats highly YMMV.
Old Feb 16, 19, 1:36 am

Booking thur AMEX FHR trigger the resort credit?
Old Feb 16, 19, 4:50 am

I need to book a hotel within the next month for the resort credit to apply before my cardmember renewal comes up. However, my stay will be for a Hilton Hotel two month from now. From what I understand, is it best for me to call the hotel directly and book through them so that the charge from my credit card isn't an advanced purchase from Hilton.com? Does the hotel usually match prices with the online discounts?

Will the $250 credit trigger if I purchase gift cards from an eligible Hilton resort?

Last edited by haledjian; Feb 16, 19 at 6:18 am
Old Feb 16, 19, 6:18 am

Programs: DL SM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott/SPG Plat; Radisson Gold; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by pingpan View Post
Booking thur AMEX FHR trigger the resort credit?
Any rate where you pay the hotel directly triggers the credit. It can be an FHR rate, a corporate rate, a monkey from the gift shop....
Old Feb 17, 19, 2:59 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum, AA EXP, AS MVP75K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by haledjian View Post

Will the $250 credit trigger if I purchase gift cards from an eligible Hilton resort?
Unsure of what you were saying above. Are you saying you havenít used your credit from last year, and youíre next one is coming up?

In any event, gift cards, Room Service, gift shop, airport transfer, ANYTHING that can be billed to your folio (Room) during your stay, will apply to the $250 credit. So long as itís able to be billed to your room, youíre good.
Old Feb 18, 19, 5:27 pm
ccd

Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc View Post
yea, i didn't mean it's not an eligible property, i was just saying the system is not set up to automatically post the resort credit for charges from waldorf astoria la quinta resort (even though it's on the list).
Has anyone received the credit from La Quinta resort? I stayed there during Thanksgiving last year. After waiting for 12 weeks, I did online chat with AMEX today, and it is still under investigation.
Old Feb 19, 19, 2:53 am

Originally Posted by ccd View Post
Has anyone received the credit from La Quinta resort? I stayed there during Thanksgiving last year. After waiting for 12 weeks, I did online chat with AMEX today, and it is still under investigation.
you need to HUCA. not sure why you trust chat. altho many have had success with chat for other things. it shouldnt take that long. see other posts above. credits can be manually approved.
thebat likes this.
Old Feb 19, 19, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by ccd View Post
Nope, I never received the credit from WA La Quinta. I chatted, I called, no use. I got the $250 aspire resort credit from my WA Las Vegas stay a few days after check out (I stayed at WA-Las Vegas a month after I stayed at WA-La Quinta). So it is VERY OBVIOUS that WA La Quinta is not one of the eligible resorts recognized by AmEx system (even though its listed on the hilton resort website).

AmEx might apply the credit manually, but they will make you wait until after the maximum time frame (after 90 days) plus they will take their time to open a case to investigate by the back-end office... so i would suggest "don' bother", just use the credit somewhere else.
Old Feb 20, 19, 4:19 pm

Datapoint: Booked an advanced purchase rate for one night at doubletree palm springs for ~260$ late last year. During the stay, I spent ~6$ on food that was charged to the room and billed upon checkout. I had the resort credit apply automatically for the 6$. I waited the full 14 weeks after I booked the stay and did not see the reimbursement (this was expected for the AP rate) and I chatted with Amex. They had me provide the hotel confirmation and they were able to manually credit the rest of the 250$ resort credit.
kt729 likes this.
Old Feb 21, 19, 2:38 am

How long after booking on Hilton.com does the reservation show up on my credit card as a pending charge? I'm waiting to see if my reservation is billed by Hilton Corporate in Tennessee or directly from the Hilton Hotel. I understand this will determine if my $250 resort credit will be automatically triggered as a statement credit.
Old Feb 21, 19, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by haledjian View Post
How long after booking on Hilton.com does the reservation show up on my credit card as a pending charge? I'm waiting to see if my reservation is billed by Hilton Corporate in Tennessee or directly from the Hilton Hotel. I understand this will determine if my $250 resort credit will be automatically triggered as a statement credit.
Was it a pay-at-the-hotel reservation or an advance-purchase reservation?

And where is the hotel that you booked?

Only advance purchases for hotels in the USA (and maybe a few other nearby places?) are billed to Hilton Corporate.

Pay-at-the-hotel rates are billed to the hotel everywhere.

Advance purchases for hotels overseas are billed to the hotel.

If it's not an advance purchase, it won't necessarily show as pending until the stay approaches or even starts, but if it's not an advance purchase, you already don't need to worry.
Old Feb 21, 19, 5:20 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, AS 75K Gold MVP, and some hotel stuff...
Originally Posted by brp View Post
She checked before we did this and they told her it had been a few weeks earlier. If not, we only had like $12 for last year anyway. As to the second- good point. I looked and the closest is a property tax for about $36, and that's really unlikely to trigger it

Cheers.
Following up: She caleld and they gave her the credit. As she is more "get it done" oriented and less concerned about the details, they never did tell just what was up with the $46 or so. But it does seem that HGVC Maintenance Fees at eligible properties count.

Cheers.
Old Feb 22, 19, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch View Post
Was it a pay-at-the-hotel reservation or an advance-purchase reservation?

And where is the hotel that you booked?

Only advance purchases for hotels in the USA (and maybe a few other nearby places?) are billed to Hilton Corporate.

Pay-at-the-hotel rates are billed to the hotel everywhere.

Advance purchases for hotels overseas are billed to the hotel.

If it's not an advance purchase, it won't necessarily show as pending until the stay approaches or even starts, but if it's not an advance purchase, you already don't need to worry.
Pay-at-Hotel. I booked it for April at the Hilton Torrey Pines. However, my $250 resort credit expires in March. How do I get the hotel to charge my credit card now so that the credit kicks in before it's too late?
Old Feb 22, 19, 1:24 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum, AA EXP, AS MVP75K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire
When does the resort credit renew? When your annual fee hits the card?

Search this Thread