Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 8, 19, 12:36 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: JJeffrey
Wiki Link
$250 Hilton Resort Credit

AMEX TERMS:
During each year of your Card Membership ("reward year"), you are eligible to receive up to $250 total in statement credits on your Card Account for eligible purchases made directly with participating Hilton Resorts with your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card during that reward year. Your first reward year begins on your account opening date. Each subsequent reward year begins on the anniversary of your account opening date.
Eligible Hilton Resort purchases must be made directly with the participating Hilton Resort and charged to your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card account for the benefit to apply. Incidental charges (including charges made at restaurants, spas, and other establishments within the hotel property) must be charged to your room and paid for with your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card at checkout in order for them to be recognized as Hilton Resort purchases. Visit hilton.com/resorts for the list of participating Hilton Resorts. Purchases made by both the Basic and Additional Card Members on the eligible Card Account are eligible for statement credits. However, each Card Account is eligible for up to a total of $250 per renewal year in statement credits across all Cards on the Card Account. Please allow 8-12 weeks after the eligible Hilton purchase is charged to your Card Account for statement credit(s) to be posted to the Account. Please call the number on the back of your Card if statement credits have not posted after 12 weeks from the date of purchase. Card Members remain responsible for timely payment of all charges.

FAQ

ELIGIBLE RATES
1) Do you have to book directly through Hilton in order to receive the resort credit?
NO. See below.

2) If Iím booking at Hilton.com or through the Hilton app, etc., are any rates not eligible for the resort credit?
Any rates charged by the hotel directly will trigger the credit. Advance purchase rates for properties in the USA are charged by Hilton Corporate in Tennessee and WILL NOT trigger the credit. Advance purchase rates for properties outside the USA are typically charged by the hotel directly, so these WILL trigger the credit.

3) I have to book through my corporate travel agent or use my corporate rate code at Hilton.com, will I still get the resort credit?
YES. Any rates that are charged by the hotel directly will trigger the credit.

4) What about bookings through Orbitz, Expedia, and other online travel agencies?
As long as the rate is ďpay at hotelĒ then it will trigger the credit. Prepaid and other special rates that are charged directly by Orbitz or Expedia, etc. and not the hotel will not trigger the credit.

5) Iím looking at an eligible hotel that charges a refundable one-night deposit for all bookings, can I get the resort credit for this?
YES. As long as the deposit is charged directly by an eligible hotel to your Aspire, it will trigger the credit.

6) I see the Aspire also offers a $100 property credit at certain Conrad and Waldorf Astoria properties. What is the difference? Can I combine both credits?
YES, these are different credits but it is possible to combine them. In order to be eligible for the $100 property credit you must book a specific rate via the www.hiltonhonorsaspirecard.com website. The $100 property credit will be applied by the property at check-out before you card is charged, while the $250 resort credit will be applied by AMEX a few days after the charge appears on your statement.

For example, say you book the qualifying property credit rate via the website above for 2 nights @ $250/night, and then charge $100 in dinner to your room. At check-out, your preliminary folio is $600. The front desk will apply the $100 credit, making your final folio $500 which would be charged to your Aspire. A few days later AMEX will apply the $250 resort credit to your AMEX statement, making your total out of pocket only $250 for a $600 stay. Not bad!

ELIGIBLE PROPERTIES
7) Only properties listed at the official Hilton Resorts link (hilton.com/resorts) are eligible for this credit!

8) However, the hilton.com/resorts website isnít the best! Please search thoroughly. For example, the Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas does not appear when you search North America > US & Hawaii > Nevada, but it does appear if you search the map.

9) I didnít see a property listed at the official Hilton Resorts link, but it did show up when searching Hilton.com and filtering amenities to ďResort Property,Ē can I get the resort credit here?
NO. Only properties listed at the official Hilton Resorts link (hilton.com/resorts) are eligible for the credit.

10) What about this hotel I stayed at last year, itís not listed at the official Hilton Resorts link, but it has a pool and a spa and the sun was out when I was there, surely I can get the resort credit there?
NO. Only properties listed at the official Hilton Resorts link (hilton.com/resorts) are eligible for the credit.

11) OK, I get it, only properties listed at the official Hilton Resorts link (hilton.com/resorts) are eligible for the credit, but are there any others that have fallen through the cracks?
Any properties that are not listed at the official Hilton Resorts link but with positive reports of triggering the resort credit are listed below:
- HILTON WAIKIKI BEACH HOTEL (reported by jphripjah May 1, 2018) Has been added to hilton.com/resorts since.

ELIGIBLE CHARGES
12) What charges are eligible for this resort credit?
ANYTHING charged directly by the hotel or to your room by an eligible property will trigger the resort credit. Room rate, taxes, fees, room service, dining, bars, spa, transportation, jet skis, beach chairs, excursions, etc. etc. etc. AMEX doesnít discriminate on what the charge is, as long as the charge appears directly from an eligible hotel it will trigger the credit.

13) I booked an award stay using Honors points at an eligible property, can I still get the resort credit for incidentals charged to the room if I pay with my Aspire?
YES. ANYTHING charged to your room by an eligible property will trigger the resort credit, as long as you settle the charges with your Aspire.

14) I booked a prepaid rate through Orbitz at an eligible property with a different credit card, can I still get the resort credit for my hotel bar tab that I charged to the room if settle this at check-out with my Aspire?
YES. ANYTHING charged to your room by an eligible property will trigger the resort credit, as long as you settle the charges with your Aspire.

15) I bought some cat food and fresh underwear at the hotel gift shop and charged it to my room. Itís an eligible property and Iím paying with my Aspire, but surely I wonít get the resort credit for this?
WRONG. ANYTHING charged to your room by an eligible property will trigger the resort credit, as long as you settle the charges with your Aspire. And donít call me Shirley.

CREDIT TIMING
16) How long does the resort credit take to post to my Amex statement?
The resort credit typically posts between 2-5 days after the eligible charge posts to your Amex account.

17) What happens if I stay in an eligible property, pay with my Aspire, but the resort credit doesn't post automatically?
If the resort credit hasn't posted within 7 days, it will most likely not post automatically, and you need to call Amex to have it manually applied. Unfortunately Amex typically requires you to wait until 8 weeks after the charge before they will manually apply the resort credit. The credit not posting automatically is very rare though, see below.

18) What properties seem to have issues with the credit posting automatically?
FT members have reported that the resort credit has not posted automatically at several of the eligible resorts:

WA Grand Wailea - Multiple reports of credit not posting automatically, however one positive data point in Feb 2019 of the credit posting, YMMV.
DT Fallsview Resort Niagara Falls - several reports
Hilton Tokyo Bay - several reports
Elara Las Vegas - several reports
WA La Quinta - one report
Hilton Mauritius - one report
Hilton Sedona - one report
Jewel Dunn River Curio Jamaica - one report
Hilton Malta - one report
Print Wikipost

Old Feb 8, 19, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by daloosh View Post
That's right, I booked direct on the hhonors website. With the resort being sorted into the wrong state, and the lack of much data about the credit, I wanted to try the easiest, most direct booking.
appreciate your info. that helped a lot and i also just stayed HH WA vegas last week.

checkout 1/28. charges posted 1/29. $250 credit 1/30. pretty damn fast. this was also combined with amex offer $70 off $350 HH WA spend. it tracked since i spent over $350+.

hopefully, we get a big HH resort credit DP wiki set up of all the properties where resort credits track automatically and very quickly. this would help a lot since many properties have issues tracking. similar to the retention offer or airline credit thread.

Originally Posted by haledjian View Post
I just upgraded from my Ascend to the Aspire a few days ago. My cardmember renewal month is still considered next month (March) since that was my anniversary for the Ascend card. Since the $250 resort credit is given out each card member year, am I able to use it twice: one time right now before March and a second time after my March renewal?
Originally Posted by TerryK View Post
When does $250 credit get reset? I applied a new Aspire card in Feb 2018 and first annual fee was billed on 2/15/18. Does that mean I can get another $250 credit on or after 2/15/19?
yes, in theory, before exact card open date and after card open date (doesnt matter upgrade/downgrade/AF post date). but because aspire is still new, i wouldnt want to risk it based on the exact open date. lets see more DPs. i would wait an entire billing period after anniversary date (after statement close) to be safe. some people may not have that time so you can risk it.

Originally Posted by xcitech View Post
My charge posted on 26th January, I still haven't got the reimbursement. Last year the reimbursement was within 2-3 days.
Amex rep is saying the credit will post in 8-12 weeks, they can't do anything prior to that.
Originally Posted by brentyb View Post
Still no luck having credit post from Hilton Tokyo Bay. Called again the other day and still being told to wait the full 12 weeks. Im not sure why anything would take 3 months, but it seems they are determined to not look into it until then.
thats really terrible. sorry to hear that. amex credits never take that long. no way. they are just giving you the standard language. but also, the credit benefit is still very new. so set up a calendar reminder and check back on this thread. im sure DPs will come up related to manual credits. youre not the only one with this issue. this reminds me of how uber handled amex credits where iOS users had to use some new uber cash setting to use it. otherwise, it would expire. then amex put back the credits after many complaints.

also, with these credits, i made it a priority to use only on domestic properties. from an back-end IT perspective, i would imagine there is much higher chance of credit success vs international properties since it probably causes more processing issues. TBD.

Last edited by GundamWing01; Feb 8, 19 at 5:10 am
Old Feb 10, 19, 3:22 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: HH Diamond, WN RR, National Exec
This may fall into a YMMV category, but I was able to get a round of golf credited thru the Aspire Resort credit at the Lookout Mountain golf course that is part of the Tapatio Resort in Scottsdale, AZ. This did not involve a stay there. I booked the round through the website below and paid with my card at the course. I was wondering if it would be eligible as the booking engine they use takes you to EZ Links (which at some point I believe was taken over by TeeOff.com), plus the course is managed by Troon Golf. The credit didn't show up after a couple of weeks, so I started a Chat Session on the Amex website last week. The rep questioned what the charge was for and I let him know that it was for a round of golf. Came back a few minutes later and said he processed the credit and it should show up in 3-4 days. It did. I have another stay coming up at a resort that will most likely eat up the whole $250 for this year so I was trying to see if the round would be eligible. As I said at the start YMMV.

Round booked at:

https://www.tapatiocliffshilton.com/golf/

Charges showed as (I have XXX some of the trans info):

POINTE HILTON TAPATIO CLIFFS RESORT

11111 NORTH 7TH STREET

PHOENIX

AZ

85020-1176

UNITED STATES

Additional Information: XXXX MISC/SPECIALTY RETAIL

MISC/SPECIALTY RETAIL

ReferenceXXX

Category: Merchandise & Supplies - General Retai
Old Feb 11, 19, 4:01 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP (through 2018, anyway, then...?)
Parial rebate

mrs. brp used her Aspire to pay a HGVC Maintenance Fee, and these have been shown to trigger he Resort Rebate. In this case, she payed a little over $1000. She got a rebate for $47.62. Her year just started for this, so it was not a residual (and she did use about $238 last year, so this amount wouldn't make sense anyway).

Any other similar experiences or ideas?

Cheers.
Old Feb 11, 19, 5:35 pm

I stayed at Hilton Grand Vacation at Honolulu which is eligible for $250 resort credit. I checked out a week ago and Amex charged around $1900 day after which includes room and other that we charged to room. (e.g. restaurant, activities). Its been a week but I still don't see reimbursement. If reimbursement is not automatically issued within a week it is mostly likely not going to be issued unless I call and request manual reimbursement after 8 weeks right? I am wondering if anyone received reimbursement after several weeks. Like 2-8 weeks.
Old Feb 12, 19, 9:19 am

Ok, so having some problems making this work for the Hilton Caribe in PR. I booked for May, using the Hilton Semi-Flex rate that was listed here as working. However, the hotel never charged me the deposit amount - presumably since the hotel hasn't reopened yet and won't until May 1st. Has anyone had success with this property or has advice? I emailed the property asking if they can pre-charge $250 to my card on file but I'm not sure if they have their systems operational yet.
Old Feb 12, 19, 10:31 am
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Originally Posted by brp View Post
mrs. brp used her Aspire to pay a HGVC Maintenance Fee, and these have been shown to trigger he Resort Rebate. In this case, she payed a little over $1000. She got a rebate for $47.62. Her year just started for this, so it was not a residual (and she did use about $238 last year, so this amount wouldn't make sense anyway).

Any other similar experiences or ideas?

Cheers.
I would initiate a chat with an Amex rep on their website. I've been able to get questions/issues like this resolved there.
Old Feb 12, 19, 10:44 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by evilempire View Post
Ok, so having some problems making this work for the Hilton Caribe in PR. I booked for May, using the Hilton Semi-Flex rate that was listed here as working. However, the hotel never charged me the deposit amount - presumably since the hotel hasn't reopened yet and won't until May 1st. Has anyone had success with this property or has advice? I emailed the property asking if they can pre-charge $250 to my card on file but I'm not sure if they have their systems operational yet.
If the hotel isn't opening again until May 1 then I'm not sure what else there is to do other than wait till then to call down and ask for them to charge your deposit. But I assume you're trying to get the deposit charged before then to get the credit before your anniversary date? I doubt emailing will produce any results, but you never know.
Old Feb 12, 19, 11:34 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by birdiedouble View Post
I would initiate a chat with an Amex rep on their website. I've been able to get questions/issues like this resolved there.
Oh, she'll definitely do that when she gets a chance- she's just busier than I
Just wanted to see if something similar had happened to others to know what to expect.

Cheers.
Old Feb 12, 19, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by birdiedouble View Post
This may fall into a YMMV category, but I was able to get a round of golf credited thru the Aspire Resort credit at the Lookout Mountain golf course that is part of the Tapatio Resort in Scottsdale, AZ. This did not involve a stay there. I booked the round through the website below and paid with my card at the course. I was wondering if it would be eligible as the booking engine they use takes you to EZ Links (which at some point I believe was taken over by TeeOff.com), plus the course is managed by Troon Golf. The credit didn't show up after a couple of weeks, so I started a Chat Session on the Amex website last week. The rep questioned what the charge was for and I let him know that it was for a round of golf. Came back a few minutes later and said he processed the credit and it should show up in 3-4 days. It did. I have another stay coming up at a resort that will most likely eat up the whole $250 for this year so I was trying to see if the round would be eligible. As I said at the start YMMV.
very nice DP, but thats more than just any YMMV. its a very unique situation where you correctly didnt get credit. even the charge is related to a "MISC retail". then u got it manually "fixed". its like the chase RC airline credit. totally depends on your effort and the agent. but its nice you got it. it shows amex can credit you ASAP without having to wait for 8 weeks. because thats just ridiculous. unfortunately, i dont think its something everyone can rely on even for the exact same charge.

Originally Posted by brp View Post
mrs. brp used her Aspire to pay a HGVC Maintenance Fee, and these have been shown to trigger he Resort Rebate. In this case, she payed a little over $1000. She got a rebate for $47.62. Her year just started for this, so it was not a residual (and she did use about $238 last year, so this amount wouldn't make sense anyway). Any other similar experiences or ideas?
i assume youre very clear on your anniversary date? also, do you have any breakdown of the HGVC Maintenance Fees? meaning, whats contained within that 1k? i ask because amex may get totally different details vs what you see on your statement due to L3. does anything come close to $47?

Originally Posted by xcitech View Post
My charge posted on 26th January, I still haven't got the reimbursement. Last year the reimbursement was within 2-3 days.
Amex rep is saying the credit will post in 8-12 weeks, they can't do anything prior to that.
Originally Posted by brentyb View Post
Still no luck having credit post from Hilton Tokyo Bay. Called again the other day and still being told to wait the full 12 weeks. Im not sure why anything would take 3 months, but it seems they are determined to not look into it until then.
Originally Posted by paulzone2k View Post
I stayed at Hilton Grand Vacation at Honolulu which is eligible for $250 resort credit. I checked out a week ago and Amex charged around $1900 day after which includes room and other that we charged to room. (e.g. restaurant, activities). Its been a week but I still don't see reimbursement. If reimbursement is not automatically issued within a week it is mostly likely not going to be issued unless I call and request manual reimbursement after 8 weeks right? I am wondering if anyone received reimbursement after several weeks. Like 2-8 weeks.
few others had the exact same problem with properties outside US. ur still in HI but outside contiguous US. which means there are problems with auto credits (based on what i have seen). but ur gonna have to call to complain or use chat. you dont have to wait 8 weeks but its YMMV. keep HUCA. see earlier post about the guy who charged golf. he got the credit via chat. he didnt wait 8 weeks.

Last edited by GundamWing01; Feb 12, 19 at 6:46 pm
Old Feb 12, 19, 7:14 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GundamWing01 View Post
i assume youre very clear on your anniversary date? also, do you have any breakdown of the HGVC Maintenance Fees? meaning, whats contained within that 1k? i ask because amex may get totally different details vs what you see on your statement due to L3. does anything come close to $47?.
She checked before we did this and they told her it had been a few weeks earlier. If not, we only had like $12 for last year anyway. As to the second- good point. I looked and the closest is a property tax for about $36, and that's really unlikely to trigger it

Cheers.
Old Feb 13, 19, 5:04 pm

How do you get the resort credit to trigger?

So you book the hotel from the list of resorts at hilton.com, pay room rate at checkout, and this will trigger the credit after a few days?
Old Feb 13, 19, 5:29 pm

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by pingpan View Post

So you book the hotel from the list of resorts at hilton.com, pay room rate at checkout, and this will trigger the credit after a few days?
It is as simple as that. Or book on points and rack up room charges.
Old Feb 13, 19, 5:37 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Iíve got a 5th Night Free coming up that between the parking fee and 1 night Iím paying in cash the rest of my resort credit will be eaten up.

The ES in Scottsdale also started charging a resort fee in December, but I made the reservations before the change so I shouldnít be charged that for the cash night.
Old Feb 13, 19, 6:11 pm

Programs: HH Diamond

To be a little pedantic, you choose from the list of resorts at hilton.com/resorts.
Ripper3785 likes this.
Old Feb 14, 19, 12:37 pm

Programs: hhonors gold, priority club plat
Datapoint for Doubletree Karlan San Diego.

November (check out 11/4) stay finally posted 2/13. Had to call and wait the full 12 weeks as it was not automatic.

Search this Thread

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: