Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 16, 22, 12:45 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: pageboy
Wiki Link
$250 Hilton Resort Credit

Note: The web page for the resorts has changed. To find the list, go to hilton.com/resorts and scroll down the page a bit to the button named "Explore More Resorts".
That will take you to https://www.hilton.com/en/locations/resorts/
Use the map to find resorts in a particular area.

AMEX TERMS:
During each year of your Card Membership ("reward year"), you are eligible to receive up to $250 total in statement credits on your Card Account for eligible purchases made directly with participating Hilton Resorts with your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card during that reward year. Your first reward year begins on your account opening date. Each subsequent reward year begins on the anniversary of your account opening date.
Eligible Hilton Resort purchases must be made directly with the participating Hilton Resort and charged to your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card account for the benefit to apply. Incidental charges (including charges made at restaurants, spas, and other establishments within the hotel property) must be charged to your room and paid for with your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card at checkout in order for them to be recognized as Hilton Resort purchases. Visit hilton.com/resorts for the list of participating Hilton Resorts. Purchases made by both the Basic and Additional Card Members on the eligible Card Account are eligible for statement credits. However, each Card Account is eligible for up to a total of $250 per renewal year in statement credits across all Cards on the Card Account. Please allow 8-12 weeks after the eligible Hilton purchase is charged to your Card Account for statement credit(s) to be posted to the Account. Please call the number on the back of your Card if statement credits have not posted after 12 weeks from the date of purchase. Card Members remain responsible for timely payment of all charges.

FAQ

ELIGIBLE RATES
1) Do you have to book directly through Hilton in order to receive the resort credit?
NO. See below.

2) If Im booking at Hilton.com or through the Hilton app, etc., are any rates not eligible for the resort credit?
Any rates charged by the hotel directly will trigger the credit. Advance purchase rates for properties in the USA are charged by Hilton Corporate in Tennessee and WILL NOT trigger the credit. Advance purchase rates for properties outside the USA are typically charged by the hotel directly, so these WILL trigger the credit. According to DoC and the discussion from post #849 onwards advance purchase rates are becoming ineligible starting Aug 1, 2019, though it is unclear how this will be enforced for international properties.

3) I have to book through my corporate travel agent or use my corporate rate code at Hilton.com, will I still get the resort credit?
YES. Any rates that are charged by the hotel directly will trigger the credit.

4) What about bookings through Orbitz, Expedia, and other online travel agencies?
As long as the rate is pay at hotel then it will trigger the credit. Prepaid and other special rates that are charged directly by Orbitz or Expedia, etc. and not the hotel will not trigger the credit.

5) Im looking at an eligible hotel that charges a refundable one-night deposit for all bookings, can I get the resort credit for this?
YES. As long as the deposit is charged directly by an eligible hotel to your Aspire, it will trigger the credit.

6) I see the Aspire also offers a $100 property credit at certain Conrad and Waldorf Astoria properties. What is the difference? Can I combine both credits?
YES, these are different credits but it is possible to combine them. In order to be eligible for the $100 property credit you must book a specific rate via the www.hiltonhonorsaspirecard.com website. The $100 property credit will be applied by the property at check-out before you card is charged, while the $250 resort credit will be applied by AMEX a few days after the charge appears on your statement.

For example, say you book the qualifying property credit rate via the website above for 2 nights @ $250/night, and then charge $100 in dinner to your room. At check-out, your preliminary folio is $600. The front desk will apply the $100 credit, making your final folio $500 which would be charged to your Aspire. A few days later AMEX will apply the $250 resort credit to your AMEX statement, making your total out of pocket only $250 for a $600 stay. Not bad!

ELIGIBLE PROPERTIES
7) Only properties listed at the official Hilton Resorts link (hilton.com/resorts) are eligible for this credit!

8) However, the hilton.com/resorts website isnt the best! Please search thoroughly. For example, the Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas does not appear when you search North America > US & Hawaii > Nevada, but it does appear if you search the map.

9) I didnt see a property listed at the official Hilton Resorts link, but it did show up when searching Hilton.com and filtering amenities to Resort Property, can I get the resort credit here?
NO. Only properties listed at the official Hilton Resorts link (hilton.com/resorts) are eligible for the credit.

10) What about this hotel I stayed at last year, its not listed at the official Hilton Resorts link, but it has a pool and a spa and the sun was out when I was there, surely I can get the resort credit there?
NO. Only properties listed at the official Hilton Resorts link (hilton.com/resorts) are eligible for the credit.

11) OK, I get it, only properties listed at the official Hilton Resorts link (hilton.com/resorts) are eligible for the credit, but are there any others that have fallen through the cracks?
Any properties that are not listed at the official Hilton Resorts link but with positive reports of triggering the resort credit are listed below:
- HILTON WAIKIKI BEACH HOTEL (reported by jphripjah May 1, 2018) Has been added to hilton.com/resorts since.
El Conquistador Tucson, A Hilton Resort is not listed on Hilton Resorts searchable link (by state), but shows up on the map. It is reported it by mdosu April 10, 2018 that there is positive report of triggering the resort credit.

ELIGIBLE CHARGES
12) What charges are eligible for this resort credit?
ANYTHING charged directly by the hotel or to your room by an eligible property will trigger the resort credit. Room rate, taxes, fees, room service, dining, bars, spa, transportation, jet skis, beach chairs, excursions, etc. etc. etc. AMEX doesnt discriminate on what the charge is, as long as the charge appears directly from an eligible hotel it will trigger the credit.

13) I booked an award stay using Honors points at an eligible property, can I still get the resort credit for incidentals charged to the room if I pay with my Aspire?
YES. ANYTHING charged to your room by an eligible property will trigger the resort credit, as long as you settle the charges with your Aspire.

14) I booked a prepaid rate through Orbitz at an eligible property with a different credit card, can I still get the resort credit for my hotel bar tab that I charged to the room if settle this at check-out with my Aspire?
YES. ANYTHING charged to your room by an eligible property will trigger the resort credit, as long as you settle the charges with your Aspire.

15) I bought some cat food and fresh underwear at the hotel gift shop and charged it to my room. Its an eligible property and Im paying with my Aspire, but surely I wont get the resort credit for this?
WRONG. ANYTHING charged to your room by an eligible property will trigger the resort credit, as long as you settle the charges with your Aspire. And dont call me Shirley.

CREDIT TIMING
16) How long does the resort credit take to post to my Amex statement?
The resort credit typically posts between 2-5 days after the eligible charge posts to your Amex account.

17) What happens if I stay in an eligible property, pay with my Aspire, but the resort credit doesn't post automatically?
If the resort credit hasn't posted within 7 days, it will most likely not post automatically, and you need to call Amex to have it manually applied. Unfortunately Amex typically requires you to wait until 8 weeks after the charge before they will manually apply the resort credit. The credit not posting automatically is very rare though, see below.

18) What properties seem to have issues with the credit posting automatically?
FT members have reported that the resort credit has not posted automatically at several of the eligible resorts:

LXR Susona Bodrum, Turkey - May 2021 [Also, bonus is showing 3x, not 14x. Indicating this hotel is not coded correctly in their system. Multiple chats did not resolve this problem but a phone call did.
Resort credit has now posted and was told this should be fixed going forward. Still waiting for add'l 11x bonus points]

19) Is the credit per membership year or per calendar year?
Per membership year. Your first reward year begins on your account opening date. Each subsequent reward year begins on the anniversary of your account opening date.

20) For which resorts has the resort credit posted?
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines
Crocksford Las Vegas
WA Grand Wailea - Multiple reports of credit not posting automatically, however one positive data point in Feb 2019 of the credit posting, YMMV.
DT Fallsview Resort Niagara Falls - several reports
Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk - 7/6/2021
Hilton Tokyo Bay - several reports
Elara Las Vegas - several reports
WA La Quinta - two reports
Hilton Mauritius - one report
Hilton Sedona - one report
Jewel Dunn River Curio Jamaica - one report
Hilton Malta - one report
Hilton Queenstown Resort and Spa - 8/2019
Hilton Hangzhou Qiandao Lake Resort - 4/2018
Hilton Sanqingshan Resort -4/2019
Hilton Palm Springs, CA - 1/2022
Hilton Waterfront Resort, Huntington Beach, CA - 10/2021

Print Wikipost

Old Jul 30, 22, 9:55 pm

Wanted to share my DP from earlier this month for WA Maldives and have a stay booked there for next year.

I have 3 Aspires in-house (P1 has 2, P2 has 1). Used 1 of the resort credits for the year already, but still have 2 left and wanted to apply them to our stay next year. I was in contact with the property and was told the only thing I could prepay was the yacht transfer, which was fine with me as long as it could trigger the credit. I asked the property if I could pay each person separately, so that I could trigger the credit for 2 Aspires, which they had no problem doing. They emailed me 2 links to make payment from a site at pay(dot)bml(dot)com(dot)mv with a unique code at the end of the link for the amount for each persons transfer. Was a little worried that this might not trigger the credit, but did both transactions. The first one posted with the title "WALDORF ASTORIA MALDIVES" but the 2nd came with the title "WALDORF ASTORIA MALDITHAAFUSHI" which was odd and also gave me a little bit of concern. Well after about 4 days, both cards got the resort credits posted and show as Hilton transactions with the 14x.
JJeffrey and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Jul 31, 22, 9:41 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Kimpton Inner Circle Diamond
With covid its been so long since I know which Hilton card I have. I have a personal one, then I have a business one that I think each have a $95 fee. Which card is that? The business one I got because Ill spend the 2k in three months and get 130k HHonors Points.

But is the $250 resort credit only for the $450 annual fee one?
Old Jul 31, 22, 9:53 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Gold, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC
Originally Posted by NWplatinum View Post
With covid its been so long since I know which Hilton card I have. I have a personal one, then I have a business one that I think each have a $95 fee. Which card is that? The business one I got because Ill spend the 2k in three months and get 130k HHonors Points.

But is the $250 resort credit only for the $450 annual fee one?
Yes, the $250 resort credit is only on the Aspire Card, which has a $450 annual fee. Great card, BTW.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 2, 22, 3:20 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Kimpton Inner Circle Diamond
Originally Posted by Nagasaki Joe View Post
Yes, the $250 resort credit is only on the Aspire Card, which has a $450 annual fee. Great card, BTW.
I had the card but canceled it once covid hit. Whats so good about it besides the 250 resort credit and Diamond status? I dont really remember anything else that justifies the 450 annual fee. If they raise the platinum fee anymore, this might be a good replacement card if the benefits are there.
Old Aug 2, 22, 6:05 am

Originally Posted by NWplatinum View Post
I had the card but canceled it once covid hit. Whats so good about it besides the 250 resort credit and Diamond status? I dont really remember anything else that justifies the 450 annual fee. If they raise the platinum fee anymore, this might be a good replacement card if the benefits are there.
Its got a larger airline credit than platinum at 250. If you get the card for just 1 year you can get 500 airline and 250 resort...way more than the 450 fee. Plus a free night certificate which you can easily get 700+ in value for.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 2, 22, 6:59 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by Schnit View Post
Its got a larger airline credit than platinum at 250. If you get the card for just 1 year you can get 500 airline and 250 resort...way more than the 450 fee. Plus a free night certificate which you can easily get 700+ in value for.
Plus higher multiples in several categories - Hilton stays, restaurants, car rentals.

But I'm not sure what Schnit means about a 500 airline credit? I only get 250 airline, 250 resort.
Old Aug 2, 22, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by Eujeanie View Post
Plus higher multiples in several categories - Hilton stays, restaurants, car rentals.

But I'm not sure what Schnit means about a 500 airline credit? I only get 250 airline, 250 resort.
Its a calendar year credit, so I said if you get the card for just 1 year. Get the card in August, get 250 in 2022 and 250 in 2023. August 2023 downgrade the card. You got 500 in Airline credits
Old Aug 2, 22, 8:01 am

[QUOTE=Schnit;34479550]Its a calendar year credit, so I said if you get the card for just 1 year. Get the card in August, get 250 in 2022 and 250 in 2023. August 2023 downgrade the card. You got 500 in Airline credits[/QUOTE

The airline credit is the one I find hardest to use - because of status and a different credit card, we get the seats we want and checked bags for free. For us $250 is plenty, and since I got the card in December, that's what we get in a year.
Old Aug 2, 22, 8:05 am

The airline credit is the one I find hardest to use - because of status and a different credit card, we get the seats we want and checked bags for free. For us $250 is plenty, and since I got the card in December, that's what we get in a year.
If you fly United, you can use it for TravelBank
Old Aug 2, 22, 8:21 am

If you fly United, you can use it for TravelBank
No, Alaska. But we manage to get almost the full value every year (take hungry teen grandkids on trips, they order the store, lol).

I know there are "tricks" to make a fake booking, book an upgraded seat, cancel booking, etc., but I don't want to do that.

Even with just the free night and resort credit and some of the airline credit plus extra Hilton points the card is well worth it.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 2, 22, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
[QUOTE=Eujeanie;34479637]
Its a calendar year credit, so I said if you get the card for just 1 year. Get the card in August, get 250 in 2022 and 250 in 2023. August 2023 downgrade the card. You got 500 in Airline credits[/QUOTE

The Airline credit is hard for me to use also. It use to be really easy to use when you could buy gift cards on Delta. I can still use it by being creative with the annaul E-Credit I get for being a diamond on my one card and then on my Platinum using it to pay the luxury tax if I use a upgrade certificate or using it with pay with miles.

I wish they just gave it as a credit like Chase Sapphire does. I'm really surprised the credit is that high seeing it's only $200 on the AmEx platinum and that's a premium travel card.
Old Aug 3, 22, 6:51 am

[QUOTE=jamesteroh;34479818]

The Airline credit is hard for me to use also. It use to be really easy to use when you could buy gift cards on Delta. I can still use it by being creative with the annaul E-Credit I get for being a diamond on my one card and then on my Platinum using it to pay the luxury tax if I use a upgrade certificate or using it with pay with miles.

I wish they just gave it as a credit like Chase Sapphire does. I'm really surprised the credit is that high seeing it's only $200 on the AmEx platinum and that's a premium travel card.
The credit is not "that high" - it's only $250, just $50 more. You might have focused on the $500, as I did at first, but you have to read everything he said about that.

The other thing I miss about the Aspire card is that Amex took away the option to use the Priority Pass at airport restaurants. That was a big downgrade. In the airports I frequent with Alaska (mostly SEA, PHX and LAS) "the Club" is miles and miles away from the Alaska gates.
Old Aug 3, 22, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OneSky Alliance Elite+ with Zirconium and oak leaf cluster, Braniff Unobtainium
Originally Posted by jamesteroh View Post
Get a Delta gift card, use it + Hilton Aspire to pay for ticket where the value remaining < $100, easy peasy, add/collect comes off the Aspire. Just like for e-credits.

Also works for award tickets too. $5.60 in the US or <$100 if going to Mexico or something.

I find Delta and Southwest trivially easy to use for AMEX airline incidental credits.

No, Alaska. But we manage to get almost the full value every year (take hungry teen grandkids on trips, they order the store, lol).

I know there are "tricks" to make a fake booking, book an upgraded seat, cancel booking, etc., but I don't want to do that.

Even with just the free night and resort credit and some of the airline credit plus extra Hilton points the card is well worth it.
It's Alaska that's a complete pain, maybe half the time it works, the other half I need to chat with a rep in the app a couple weeks later, even if I am doing something like buying a snack pack on the plane. Guess which airline is not going to be on my CS Platinum or Aspire next year?

Anyways... back to the resort credit. I'm noodling on using it in conjunction with points and a FNC at the AZ Biltmore for spring training. Good call?

Last edited by eponymous_coward; Aug 3, 22 at 12:47 pm
Old Aug 3, 22, 12:58 pm

I've not stayed, but there's a dedicated thread on the AZ Biltmore and it's not very complimentary. I also think it's pretty far from the stadiums? My sister-in-law lives in Peoria and she's very close to the one where the Cubs play, unfortunately not too many glitzy hotels near there, mostly Hampton Inn types. I believe the other ST facility is in Mesa or Tempe? Neither very close to central Phoenix where the Biltmore is located, but YMMV with wanting a nicer place to use your certificate and doing a little more driving.
Old Aug 3, 22, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OneSky Alliance Elite+ with Zirconium and oak leaf cluster, Braniff Unobtainium
I've not stayed, but there's a dedicated thread on the AZ Biltmore and it's not very complimentary. I also think it's pretty far from the stadiums? My sister-in-law lives in Peoria and she's very close to the one where the Cubs play, unfortunately not too many glitzy hotels near there, mostly Hampton Inn types. I believe the other ST facility is in Mesa or Tempe? Neither very close to central Phoenix where the Biltmore is located, but YMMV with wanting a nicer place to use your certificate and doing a little more driving.
A lot of the team facilities are out in Glendale (Dodgers/White Sox), Peoria (Mariners/Padres) and Surprise (Texas/KC), and you're right, there's not much other there other than mid-market stuff. Sloan Park (Cubs), Hohokam (A's) or Talking Stick (Brewers/Diamondbacks) aren't terrible from central Phoenix. I might consider Scottsdale Resort at McCormick Ranch- it's closer to some of the Mesa area parks + Talking Stick (though farther from the west side ones, not terribly much so though).

Search this Thread