Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Hide Wikipost
Old Apr 10, 19, 2:46 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: mdosu
Wiki Link
$250 Hilton Resort Credit

AMEX TERMS:
During each year of your Card Membership ("reward year"), you are eligible to receive up to $250 total in statement credits on your Card Account for eligible purchases made directly with participating Hilton Resorts with your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card during that reward year. Your first reward year begins on your account opening date. Each subsequent reward year begins on the anniversary of your account opening date.
Eligible Hilton Resort purchases must be made directly with the participating Hilton Resort and charged to your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card account for the benefit to apply. Incidental charges (including charges made at restaurants, spas, and other establishments within the hotel property) must be charged to your room and paid for with your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card at checkout in order for them to be recognized as Hilton Resort purchases. Visit hilton.com/resorts for the list of participating Hilton Resorts. Purchases made by both the Basic and Additional Card Members on the eligible Card Account are eligible for statement credits. However, each Card Account is eligible for up to a total of $250 per renewal year in statement credits across all Cards on the Card Account. Please allow 8-12 weeks after the eligible Hilton purchase is charged to your Card Account for statement credit(s) to be posted to the Account. Please call the number on the back of your Card if statement credits have not posted after 12 weeks from the date of purchase. Card Members remain responsible for timely payment of all charges.

FAQ

ELIGIBLE RATES
1) Do you have to book directly through Hilton in order to receive the resort credit?
NO. See below.

2) If Iím booking at Hilton.com or through the Hilton app, etc., are any rates not eligible for the resort credit?
Any rates charged by the hotel directly will trigger the credit. Advance purchase rates for properties in the USA are charged by Hilton Corporate in Tennessee and WILL NOT trigger the credit. Advance purchase rates for properties outside the USA are typically charged by the hotel directly, so these WILL trigger the credit.

3) I have to book through my corporate travel agent or use my corporate rate code at Hilton.com, will I still get the resort credit?
YES. Any rates that are charged by the hotel directly will trigger the credit.

4) What about bookings through Orbitz, Expedia, and other online travel agencies?
As long as the rate is ďpay at hotelĒ then it will trigger the credit. Prepaid and other special rates that are charged directly by Orbitz or Expedia, etc. and not the hotel will not trigger the credit.

5) Iím looking at an eligible hotel that charges a refundable one-night deposit for all bookings, can I get the resort credit for this?
YES. As long as the deposit is charged directly by an eligible hotel to your Aspire, it will trigger the credit.

6) I see the Aspire also offers a $100 property credit at certain Conrad and Waldorf Astoria properties. What is the difference? Can I combine both credits?
YES, these are different credits but it is possible to combine them. In order to be eligible for the $100 property credit you must book a specific rate via the www.hiltonhonorsaspirecard.com website. The $100 property credit will be applied by the property at check-out before you card is charged, while the $250 resort credit will be applied by AMEX a few days after the charge appears on your statement.

For example, say you book the qualifying property credit rate via the website above for 2 nights @ $250/night, and then charge $100 in dinner to your room. At check-out, your preliminary folio is $600. The front desk will apply the $100 credit, making your final folio $500 which would be charged to your Aspire. A few days later AMEX will apply the $250 resort credit to your AMEX statement, making your total out of pocket only $250 for a $600 stay. Not bad!

ELIGIBLE PROPERTIES
7) Only properties listed at the official Hilton Resorts link (hilton.com/resorts) are eligible for this credit!

8) However, the hilton.com/resorts website isnít the best! Please search thoroughly. For example, the Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas does not appear when you search North America > US & Hawaii > Nevada, but it does appear if you search the map.

9) I didnít see a property listed at the official Hilton Resorts link, but it did show up when searching Hilton.com and filtering amenities to ďResort Property,Ē can I get the resort credit here?
NO. Only properties listed at the official Hilton Resorts link (hilton.com/resorts) are eligible for the credit.

10) What about this hotel I stayed at last year, itís not listed at the official Hilton Resorts link, but it has a pool and a spa and the sun was out when I was there, surely I can get the resort credit there?
NO. Only properties listed at the official Hilton Resorts link (hilton.com/resorts) are eligible for the credit.

11) OK, I get it, only properties listed at the official Hilton Resorts link (hilton.com/resorts) are eligible for the credit, but are there any others that have fallen through the cracks?
Any properties that are not listed at the official Hilton Resorts link but with positive reports of triggering the resort credit are listed below:
- HILTON WAIKIKI BEACH HOTEL (reported by jphripjah May 1, 2018) Has been added to hilton.com/resorts since.
El Conquistador Tucson, A Hilton Resort is not listed on Hilton Resorts searchable link (by state), but shows up on the map. It is reported it by mdosu April 10, 2018 that there is positive report of triggering the resort credit.

ELIGIBLE CHARGES
12) What charges are eligible for this resort credit?
ANYTHING charged directly by the hotel or to your room by an eligible property will trigger the resort credit. Room rate, taxes, fees, room service, dining, bars, spa, transportation, jet skis, beach chairs, excursions, etc. etc. etc. AMEX doesnít discriminate on what the charge is, as long as the charge appears directly from an eligible hotel it will trigger the credit.

13) I booked an award stay using Honors points at an eligible property, can I still get the resort credit for incidentals charged to the room if I pay with my Aspire?
YES. ANYTHING charged to your room by an eligible property will trigger the resort credit, as long as you settle the charges with your Aspire.

14) I booked a prepaid rate through Orbitz at an eligible property with a different credit card, can I still get the resort credit for my hotel bar tab that I charged to the room if settle this at check-out with my Aspire?
YES. ANYTHING charged to your room by an eligible property will trigger the resort credit, as long as you settle the charges with your Aspire.

15) I bought some cat food and fresh underwear at the hotel gift shop and charged it to my room. Itís an eligible property and Iím paying with my Aspire, but surely I wonít get the resort credit for this?
WRONG. ANYTHING charged to your room by an eligible property will trigger the resort credit, as long as you settle the charges with your Aspire. And donít call me Shirley.

CREDIT TIMING
16) How long does the resort credit take to post to my Amex statement?
The resort credit typically posts between 2-5 days after the eligible charge posts to your Amex account.

17) What happens if I stay in an eligible property, pay with my Aspire, but the resort credit doesn't post automatically?
If the resort credit hasn't posted within 7 days, it will most likely not post automatically, and you need to call Amex to have it manually applied. Unfortunately Amex typically requires you to wait until 8 weeks after the charge before they will manually apply the resort credit. The credit not posting automatically is very rare though, see below.

18) What properties seem to have issues with the credit posting automatically?
FT members have reported that the resort credit has not posted automatically at several of the eligible resorts:

WA Grand Wailea - Multiple reports of credit not posting automatically, however one positive data point in Feb 2019 of the credit posting, YMMV.
DT Fallsview Resort Niagara Falls - several reports
Hilton Tokyo Bay - several reports
Elara Las Vegas - several reports
WA La Quinta - one report
Hilton Mauritius - one report
Hilton Sedona - one report
Jewel Dunn River Curio Jamaica - one report
Hilton Malta - one report
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 20, 18, 6:23 am

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
No, that would be a calendar year. Membership year is one full year from the date your membership begins...Sept 11 in your case.
Adam1222 likes this.
Old Dec 20, 18, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by flyaxa View Post
No, that would be a calendar year. Membership year is one full year from the date your membership begins...Sept 11 in your case.
Thanks for correcting me.
So, I can received my resort credit when I checked out on 1st Jan 2019. And renew again after Sept.11.2019.
Old Dec 21, 18, 5:46 am

5) I’m looking at an eligible hotel that charges a refundable one-night deposit for all bookings, can I get the resort credit for this?
What resort might this be ?
Old Dec 21, 18, 12:31 pm

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Schutzee View Post
What resort might this be ?
You are quoting the FAQ
Old Dec 23, 18, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Beachchaser View Post
I have a question along these lines, if I upgrade a card originally opened in November of 2015 in February would the resort credit restart In the month of February of 2020 or November of 2019?
Amex can explain that to you (with your specific date) if you ask them (call or chat), if you've already upgraded.

Not everyone even knows what month their original card was opened. You can upgrade a card opened a decade or more ago!
Old Dec 25, 18, 7:41 pm

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Have 2 questions for the group:
* Assume when using points, this still works if use card for resort fees and incidentals?
* Anyone know whether the Gales South Beach in Miami Beach is part? It is a Curio and looks like lots of Curio properties are part of list. Donít see it on list but swear had seen it on list earlier...

Thanks and happy holidays!
Old Dec 25, 18, 9:02 pm

Programs: DL SM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott/SPG Plat; Radisson Gold; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by anandrag View Post
* Assume when using points, this still works if use card for resort fees and incidentals?
* Anyone know whether the Gales South Beach in Miami Beach is part? It is a Curio and looks like lots of Curio properties are part of list. Donít see it on list but swear had seen it on list earlier...

1) Yes. Please read FAQ #12 in the wiki.
2) If it's not on the list, it's not on the list. Many Curios are not.
Old Dec 26, 18, 9:49 am

Programs: MR PP, UA Silver, SW A-List, HH Diamond
Hmm, just upgraded the card to the aspire in November and for some reason thought my annual renewal date was in January. Chatted to get my actual renewal date to plan a resort stay and found out that no it was actually dec 24. Quickly planned a local stay just for kicks, got a room at Hilton Inverness, double points promo, breakfast and a shirt charged to the room to use up my $250 credit. Stay ended on the 22nd, posted to the CC on the 23rd and $250 credit posted the 24th, same day as the annual fee. Slightly worried I was a day late and burned next year's credit.

I did get the $30 AMEX offer and 17.5k points ( not including the 14x Aspire) - not sure how that all added up with the 2x point room and 3x promo, but I'm not arguing.

Pretty lucrative offer even for a throwaway stay due to promo timing. Next time, I'll have more time to plan something that will actually be more worthwhile.

Even if I can't get out of Denver to another resort, the Inverness has a stay and play golf rate which I might try next time.
Old Dec 26, 18, 11:04 am

Programs: MR/SPG Plat, HH Gold, DL PM
Originally Posted by anandrag View Post

Hmmm, sounds like you may have previously seen the Gates Hotel on the list, which is a Doubletree. It wouldn't surprise me that the Gale (a new Curio) didn't appear because I think that one may have just recently joined the Hilton portfolio (I just saw it pop up for the first time a week or so ago, and I've been shopping around for a while), so maybe it will just take some time for it to be added.
Old Dec 26, 18, 11:39 am

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by Saidoh View Post

Hmmm, sounds like you may have previously seen the Gates Hotel on the list, which is a Doubletree. It wouldn't surprise me that the Gale (a new Curio) didn't appear because I think that one may have just recently joined the Hilton portfolio (I just saw it pop up for the first time a week or so ago, and I've been shopping around for a while), so maybe it will just take some time for it to be added.
That must have been it!
Old Dec 26, 18, 12:08 pm

Programs: DL SM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott/SPG Plat; Radisson Gold; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Saidoh View Post

Some properties have been posted even before they join the Hilton portfolio (i.e., the Hilton Playa del Carmen). So I would not assume this is an issue of timing. Note, there are 49 Curio properties, and only 15 are on the list. One should not assume that being a Curio means it will be on the list. Many "resort-ish" Curios, even in beach cities, are not on the list, including the Hotel La Jolla, the Madison Beach Hotel, the Fives Downtown (Playa del Carmen), Gran Hotel Montesol (Ibiza)....

Last edited by Adam1222; Dec 26, 18 at 12:14 pm
Old Dec 26, 18, 3:00 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Regarding the reset date for the resort credit....
How particular is the Anniversary Date for the credit, vs when a stay posts to your account? My anniversary date is in March...and I am also planning a trip with stay in March of 2019. Last year, the annual fee for the card posted as of early April, but I do not think that is the actual Anniversary Date, if I am not mistaken the annual fee just posts the last day of the statement, correct? So, will I get a 2019 refresh of the $250 credit on the March statement WITH stay charges I accrue that very same month?

Or is this absolutely dependent on the exact Anniversary Date of the card?
NWplatinum likes this.
Old Dec 27, 18, 3:17 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum, AA EXP, AS MVP75K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan View Post
Regarding the reset date for the resort credit....
How particular is the Anniversary Date for the credit, vs when a stay posts to your account? My anniversary date is in March...and I am also planning a trip with stay in March of 2019. Last year, the annual fee for the card posted as of early April, but I do not think that is the actual Anniversary Date, if I am not mistaken the annual fee just posts the last day of the statement, correct? So, will I get a 2019 refresh of the $250 credit on the March statement WITH stay charges I accrue that very same month?

Or is this absolutely dependent on the exact Anniversary Date of the card?
Good question, and I would really like to know the answer as well. Unfortunately with the card being less than a year old, Iím not sure weíll know for certain until later in the year when someone has an experience.

Then again you could ask Amex and get 5 different answers from 5 different people.
Old Dec 27, 18, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by NWplatinum View Post

Good question, and I would really like to know the answer as well. Unfortunately with the card being less than a year old, I’m not sure we’ll know for certain until later in the year when someone has an experience.

Then again you could ask Amex and get 5 different answers from 5 different people.
this is exactly why i use the chase 5/24 and citi 8/65 counting rules. meaning i go one time period over just in case. no confusion. of course, this doesnt help when you are in "no mans land" gray area. i try to avoid that or lessen my expectations that anything will post. i too wish it was EXACTLY perfectly stated in your profile such as "card member year is from Dec 25 to Dec 24th of next year and everything will reset on Dec 25th". not gonna happen. so i just use the whole damn month as a no fly zone.
Old Dec 28, 18, 3:35 pm

Has anyone tried it and used it one night at the Tropicana in Las Vegas?

Search this Thread