Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[Archive 2021-2023 Hilton Amex Aspire $200 Resort Credit]

Old Apr 24, 2018, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
$250 Hilton Resort Credit

Note: The web page for the resorts has changed. You must input dates and/or a specific region to get a list of all resorts in that region. Sometimes the web page works better on a mobile device.

The resort credit benefit changed in late 2023. Refer to this separate discussion and wikipost for FAQs.

AMEX TERMS:
During each year of your Card Membership ("reward year"), you are eligible to receive up to $250 total in statement credits on your Card Account for eligible purchases made directly with participating Hilton Resorts with your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card during that reward year. Your first reward year begins on your account opening date. Each subsequent reward year begins on the anniversary of your account opening date.
Eligible Hilton Resort purchases must be made directly with the participating Hilton Resort and charged to your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card account for the benefit to apply. Incidental charges (including charges made at restaurants, spas, and other establishments within the hotel property) must be charged to your room and paid for with your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card at checkout in order for them to be recognized as Hilton Resort purchases. Visit hilton.com/resorts for the list of participating Hilton Resorts. Purchases made by both the Basic and Additional Card Members on the eligible Card Account are eligible for statement credits. However, each Card Account is eligible for up to a total of $250 per renewal year in statement credits across all Cards on the Card Account. Please allow 8-12 weeks after the eligible Hilton purchase is charged to your Card Account for statement credit(s) to be posted to the Account. Please call the number on the back of your Card if statement credits have not posted after 12 weeks from the date of purchase. Card Members remain responsible for timely payment of all charges.

FAQ

ELIGIBLE RATES
1) Do you have to book directly through Hilton in order to receive the resort credit?
NO. See below.

2) If I’m booking at Hilton.com or through the Hilton app, etc., are any rates not eligible for the resort credit?
Any rates charged by the hotel directly will trigger the credit. Advance purchase rates for properties in the USA are charged by Hilton Corporate in Tennessee and WILL NOT trigger the credit. Advance purchase rates for properties outside the USA are typically charged by the hotel directly, so these WILL trigger the credit. According to DoC and the discussion from post #849 onwards advance purchase rates are becoming ineligible starting Aug 1, 2019, though it is unclear how this will be enforced for international properties.

3) I have to book through my corporate travel agent or use my corporate rate code at Hilton.com, will I still get the resort credit?
YES. Any rates that are charged by the hotel directly will trigger the credit.

4) What about bookings through Orbitz, Expedia, and other online travel agencies?
As long as the rate is “pay at hotel” then it will trigger the credit. Prepaid and other special rates that are charged directly by Orbitz or Expedia, etc. and not the hotel will not trigger the credit.

5) I’m looking at an eligible hotel that charges a refundable one-night deposit for all bookings, can I get the resort credit for this?
YES. As long as the deposit is charged directly by an eligible hotel to your Aspire, it will trigger the credit.

6) I see the Aspire also offers a $100 property credit at certain Conrad and Waldorf Astoria properties. What is the difference? Can I combine both credits?
YES, these are different credits but it is possible to combine them. In order to be eligible for the $100 property credit you must book a specific rate via the www.hiltonhonorsaspirecard.com website. The $100 property credit will be applied by the property at check-out before you card is charged, while the $250 resort credit will be applied by AMEX a few days after the charge appears on your statement.

For example, say you book the qualifying property credit rate via the website above for 2 nights @ $250/night, and then charge $100 in dinner to your room. At check-out, your preliminary folio is $600. The front desk will apply the $100 credit, making your final folio $500 which would be charged to your Aspire. A few days later AMEX will apply the $250 resort credit to your AMEX statement, making your total out of pocket only $250 for a $600 stay. Not bad!

ELIGIBLE PROPERTIES

As of 2022 or 2023, there is no static list of eligible properties.
You can either go to Hilton.com/resorts and hit "explore more resorts," or apply the "Resorts" filter on the search yourself.

7) Only properties listed at the official Hilton Resorts link (hilton.com/resorts) are eligible for this credit!

8) However, the hilton.com/resorts website isn’t the best! Please search thoroughly. For example, the Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas does not appear when you search North America > US & Hawaii > Nevada, but it does appear if you search the map.

9) I didn’t see a property listed at the official Hilton Resorts link, but it did show up when searching Hilton.com and filtering amenities to “Resort Property,” can I get the resort credit here?
NO. Only properties listed at the official Hilton Resorts link (hilton.com/resorts) are eligible for the credit.

10) What about this hotel I stayed at last year, it’s not listed at the official Hilton Resorts link, but it has a pool and a spa and the sun was out when I was there, surely I can get the resort credit there?
NO. Only properties listed at the official Hilton Resorts link (hilton.com/resorts) are eligible for the credit.

11) OK, I get it, only properties listed at the official Hilton Resorts link (hilton.com/resorts) are eligible for the credit, but are there any others that have fallen through the cracks?
Any properties that are not listed at the official Hilton Resorts link but with positive reports of triggering the resort credit are listed below:
- HILTON WAIKIKI BEACH HOTEL (reported by jphripjah May 1, 2018) Has been added to hilton.com/resorts since.
El Conquistador Tucson, A Hilton Resort is not listed on Hilton Resorts searchable link (by state), but shows up on the map. It is reported it by mdosu April 10, 2018 that there is positive report of triggering the resort credit.

ELIGIBLE CHARGES
12) What charges are eligible for this resort credit?
ANYTHING charged directly by the hotel or to your room by an eligible property will trigger the resort credit. Room rate, taxes, fees, room service, dining, bars, spa, transportation, jet skis, beach chairs, excursions, etc. etc. etc. AMEX doesn’t discriminate on what the charge is, as long as the charge appears directly from an eligible hotel it will trigger the credit.

13) I booked an award stay using Honors points at an eligible property, can I still get the resort credit for incidentals charged to the room if I pay with my Aspire?
YES. ANYTHING charged to your room by an eligible property will trigger the resort credit, as long as you settle the charges with your Aspire.

14) I booked a prepaid rate through Orbitz at an eligible property with a different credit card, can I still get the resort credit for my hotel bar tab that I charged to the room if settle this at check-out with my Aspire?
YES. ANYTHING charged to your room by an eligible property will trigger the resort credit, as long as you settle the charges with your Aspire.

15) I bought some cat food and fresh underwear at the hotel gift shop and charged it to my room. It’s an eligible property and I’m paying with my Aspire, but surely I won’t get the resort credit for this?
WRONG. ANYTHING charged to your room by an eligible property will trigger the resort credit, as long as you settle the charges with your Aspire. And don’t call me Shirley.

CREDIT TIMING
16) How long does the resort credit take to post to my Amex statement?
The resort credit typically posts between 2-5 days after 10 days or even more after the eligible charge posts to your Amex account. Note that sometimes your charge will not even be processed until the following day, early in the morning.

17) What happens if I stay in an eligible property, pay with my Aspire, but the resort credit doesn't post automatically?
If the resort credit hasn't posted within 7 days, it will most likely not post automatically, and you need to call Amex to have it manually applied. Unfortunately Amex typically requires you to wait until 8 weeks after the charge before they will manually apply the resort credit. The credit not posting automatically is very rare though, see below.

18) What properties seem to have issues with the credit posting automatically?
FT members have reported that the resort credit has not posted automatically at several of the eligible resorts:

LXR Susona Bodrum, Turkey - May 2021 [Also, bonus is showing 3x, not 14x. Indicating this hotel is not coded correctly in their system. Multiple chats did not resolve this problem but a phone call did.
Resort credit has now posted and was told this should be fixed going forward. Still waiting for add'l 11x bonus points]

19) Is the credit per membership year or per calendar year?
Per membership year. Your first reward year begins on your account opening date. Each subsequent reward year begins on the anniversary of your account opening date.

20) For which resorts has the resort credit posted?
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines
Crocksford Las Vegas
WA Grand Wailea - Multiple reports of credit not posting automatically, however one positive data point in Feb 2019 of the credit posting, YMMV.
DT Fallsview Resort Niagara Falls - several reports
Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk - 7/6/2021
Hilton Tokyo Bay - several reports
Elara Las Vegas - several reports
WA La Quinta - two reports
Hilton Mauritius - one report
Hilton Sedona - one report
Jewel Dunn River Curio Jamaica - one report
Hilton Malta - one report
Hilton Queenstown Resort and Spa - 8/2019, 2/2023
Hilton Hangzhou Qiandao Lake Resort - 4/2018
Hilton Sanqingshan Resort -4/2019
Hilton Palm Springs, CA - 1/2022
Hilton Waterfront Resort, Huntington Beach, CA - 10/2021

Print Wikipost

[Archive 2021-2023 Hilton Amex Aspire $200 Resort Credit]

Old Jan 12, 2022, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by mster
Assuming this credit can be used towards the resort fee at Hitlon resorts after booking prepair rates not including this fee through FHR, THC, etc. - can you just call the hotel and pay these hotel fees prior to arrival?
Or just use your card to pay the resort fees, and any other incidental charges at check out..?
Old Jan 12, 2022, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Assuming this credit can be used towards the resort fee at Hitlon resorts after booking prepair rates not including this fee through FHR, THC, etc. - can you just call the hotel and pay these hotel fees prior to arrival?
I thought with the FHR you had to use your platinum card to pay the actual room fees. Will they allow you to use another Am Ex to pay the charges? For non Hilton or Hyatt stays this would be great since I value the Chase Sapphire points more than MR points
Old Jan 12, 2022, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I thought with the FHR you had to use your platinum card to pay the actual room fees. Will they allow you to use another Am Ex to pay the charges? For non Hilton or Hyatt stays this would be great since I value the Chase Sapphire points more than MR points
You have to show *a* plat card at check-in. You can settle your bill at checkout with any payment method.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
You have to show *a* plat card at check-in. You can settle your bill at checkout with any payment method.
Thanks, that's great to know. One nice thing about the FHR is you can double dip with the food and beverage credit. That's one place where Hilton outperforms the competition, you get HH benefits using the FHR benefit.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 8:55 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
This is wrong. FHR terms are that you have to settle the bill with an American Express card, not ANY payment method. If a hotel allows you to pay with a non-AMEX, that is a violation of the rules on their part and shouldn't be relied on to occur in the future.
Bookings must be made using an eligible Card and must be paid using that Card, or another American Express® Card, in the eligible Card Member's name, and that Card Member must be traveling on the itinerary booked.
Nagasaki Joe likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
This is wrong. FHR terms are that you have to settle the bill with an American Express card, not ANY payment method. If a hotel allows you to pay with a non-AMEX, that is a violation of the rules on their part and shouldn't be relied on to occur in the future.
So you have to show an Amex plat at check-in (but not necessarily the original one used for the FHR booking / credit) and then at checkout you have to pay the balance with an AmEx, but any AmEx will do (eg. Hilton AmEx)?
Old Jan 12, 2022, 9:04 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
So you have to show an Amex plat at check-in (but not necessarily the original one used for the booking) and at checkout you can pay the balance with any AmEx at all (eg. Hilton AmEx)?
The T&Cs don't actually mention having to furnish the platinum card and I think I've done FHR stays and not shown it at check-in. Presumably, being able to make the booking means you have an eligible card. I'm not sure how that applies if you were to make bookings and then cancel the card prior to the stay though.

If I were to read the T&Cs one way, they just say that the booking has to be MADE with an eligible card, so if that's the case then whether you have an eligible card after that point shouldn't matter.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 1:12 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Just got reimbursed $250 for Hilton Palm Springs. They actually required a prepay - and the credit appeared via it (pre-stay). So I can verify #5 in the wiki is correct.

Actually forgot about this benefit (was used to collecting restaurant discounts instead) so was a nice surprise.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 11:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
I've got $250 in credit expiring next week. Any recent data points on which Vegas resorts will trigger this credit for a pre-paid booking? (well ahead of the actual stay)

-FlyerBeek
Old Jan 17, 2022, 12:00 pm

SO, just got approved for the Aspire card and have a quick question regrading the $250 Resort credit. Will the credit automatically trigger when booking a hotel that is considered a RESORT? Thank you!
Old Jan 17, 2022, 4:29 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by sandman512
SO, just got approved for the Aspire card and have a quick question regrading the $250 Resort credit. Will the credit automatically trigger when booking a hotel that is considered a RESORT? Thank you!
No, you receive the credit after paying for the resort. Read the wiki to understand how the credit works.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 4:42 pm

Thank you!
Old Feb 6, 2022, 1:23 am

Can anyone confirm after booking a room
(overseas for example), they call the hotel to charge their card to apply a line of credit to your room. Has that worked for anyone to receive the credit faster?
Old Feb 7, 2022, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by bklyndevil44
Can anyone confirm after booking a room
(overseas for example), they call the hotel to charge their card to apply a line of credit to your room. Has that worked for anyone to receive the credit faster?
You receive the credit whenever a qualifying hotel actually charges your Aspire card (or a few days after the charge posts, technically speaking).

So if you have a stay in the future but call the hotel and they agree to charge your card now for some amount, by default you would be receiving the credit faster. If that's what you're asking.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 2:37 am

Meter

Is there a online meter for the resort credit like they have for the $250 airline credit?

Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.