Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[Archive 2021-2023 Hilton Amex Aspire $200 Resort Credit]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 24, 2018, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
$250 Hilton Resort Credit

Note: The web page for the resorts has changed. You must input dates and/or a specific region to get a list of all resorts in that region. Sometimes the web page works better on a mobile device.

The resort credit benefit changed in late 2023. Refer to this separate discussion and wikipost for FAQs.

AMEX TERMS:
During each year of your Card Membership ("reward year"), you are eligible to receive up to $250 total in statement credits on your Card Account for eligible purchases made directly with participating Hilton Resorts with your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card during that reward year. Your first reward year begins on your account opening date. Each subsequent reward year begins on the anniversary of your account opening date.
Eligible Hilton Resort purchases must be made directly with the participating Hilton Resort and charged to your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card account for the benefit to apply. Incidental charges (including charges made at restaurants, spas, and other establishments within the hotel property) must be charged to your room and paid for with your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card at checkout in order for them to be recognized as Hilton Resort purchases. Visit hilton.com/resorts for the list of participating Hilton Resorts. Purchases made by both the Basic and Additional Card Members on the eligible Card Account are eligible for statement credits. However, each Card Account is eligible for up to a total of $250 per renewal year in statement credits across all Cards on the Card Account. Please allow 8-12 weeks after the eligible Hilton purchase is charged to your Card Account for statement credit(s) to be posted to the Account. Please call the number on the back of your Card if statement credits have not posted after 12 weeks from the date of purchase. Card Members remain responsible for timely payment of all charges.

FAQ

ELIGIBLE RATES
1) Do you have to book directly through Hilton in order to receive the resort credit?
NO. See below.

2) If I’m booking at Hilton.com or through the Hilton app, etc., are any rates not eligible for the resort credit?
Any rates charged by the hotel directly will trigger the credit. Advance purchase rates for properties in the USA are charged by Hilton Corporate in Tennessee and WILL NOT trigger the credit. Advance purchase rates for properties outside the USA are typically charged by the hotel directly, so these WILL trigger the credit. According to DoC and the discussion from post #849 onwards advance purchase rates are becoming ineligible starting Aug 1, 2019, though it is unclear how this will be enforced for international properties.

3) I have to book through my corporate travel agent or use my corporate rate code at Hilton.com, will I still get the resort credit?
YES. Any rates that are charged by the hotel directly will trigger the credit.

4) What about bookings through Orbitz, Expedia, and other online travel agencies?
As long as the rate is “pay at hotel” then it will trigger the credit. Prepaid and other special rates that are charged directly by Orbitz or Expedia, etc. and not the hotel will not trigger the credit.

5) I’m looking at an eligible hotel that charges a refundable one-night deposit for all bookings, can I get the resort credit for this?
YES. As long as the deposit is charged directly by an eligible hotel to your Aspire, it will trigger the credit.

6) I see the Aspire also offers a $100 property credit at certain Conrad and Waldorf Astoria properties. What is the difference? Can I combine both credits?
YES, these are different credits but it is possible to combine them. In order to be eligible for the $100 property credit you must book a specific rate via the www.hiltonhonorsaspirecard.com website. The $100 property credit will be applied by the property at check-out before you card is charged, while the $250 resort credit will be applied by AMEX a few days after the charge appears on your statement.

For example, say you book the qualifying property credit rate via the website above for 2 nights @ $250/night, and then charge $100 in dinner to your room. At check-out, your preliminary folio is $600. The front desk will apply the $100 credit, making your final folio $500 which would be charged to your Aspire. A few days later AMEX will apply the $250 resort credit to your AMEX statement, making your total out of pocket only $250 for a $600 stay. Not bad!

ELIGIBLE PROPERTIES

As of 2022 or 2023, there is no static list of eligible properties.
You can either go to Hilton.com/resorts and hit "explore more resorts," or apply the "Resorts" filter on the search yourself.

7) Only properties listed at the official Hilton Resorts link (hilton.com/resorts) are eligible for this credit!

8) However, the hilton.com/resorts website isn’t the best! Please search thoroughly. For example, the Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas does not appear when you search North America > US & Hawaii > Nevada, but it does appear if you search the map.

9) I didn’t see a property listed at the official Hilton Resorts link, but it did show up when searching Hilton.com and filtering amenities to “Resort Property,” can I get the resort credit here?
NO. Only properties listed at the official Hilton Resorts link (hilton.com/resorts) are eligible for the credit.

10) What about this hotel I stayed at last year, it’s not listed at the official Hilton Resorts link, but it has a pool and a spa and the sun was out when I was there, surely I can get the resort credit there?
NO. Only properties listed at the official Hilton Resorts link (hilton.com/resorts) are eligible for the credit.

11) OK, I get it, only properties listed at the official Hilton Resorts link (hilton.com/resorts) are eligible for the credit, but are there any others that have fallen through the cracks?
Any properties that are not listed at the official Hilton Resorts link but with positive reports of triggering the resort credit are listed below:
- HILTON WAIKIKI BEACH HOTEL (reported by jphripjah May 1, 2018) Has been added to hilton.com/resorts since.
El Conquistador Tucson, A Hilton Resort is not listed on Hilton Resorts searchable link (by state), but shows up on the map. It is reported it by mdosu April 10, 2018 that there is positive report of triggering the resort credit.

ELIGIBLE CHARGES
12) What charges are eligible for this resort credit?
ANYTHING charged directly by the hotel or to your room by an eligible property will trigger the resort credit. Room rate, taxes, fees, room service, dining, bars, spa, transportation, jet skis, beach chairs, excursions, etc. etc. etc. AMEX doesn’t discriminate on what the charge is, as long as the charge appears directly from an eligible hotel it will trigger the credit.

13) I booked an award stay using Honors points at an eligible property, can I still get the resort credit for incidentals charged to the room if I pay with my Aspire?
YES. ANYTHING charged to your room by an eligible property will trigger the resort credit, as long as you settle the charges with your Aspire.

14) I booked a prepaid rate through Orbitz at an eligible property with a different credit card, can I still get the resort credit for my hotel bar tab that I charged to the room if settle this at check-out with my Aspire?
YES. ANYTHING charged to your room by an eligible property will trigger the resort credit, as long as you settle the charges with your Aspire.

15) I bought some cat food and fresh underwear at the hotel gift shop and charged it to my room. It’s an eligible property and I’m paying with my Aspire, but surely I won’t get the resort credit for this?
WRONG. ANYTHING charged to your room by an eligible property will trigger the resort credit, as long as you settle the charges with your Aspire. And don’t call me Shirley.

CREDIT TIMING
16) How long does the resort credit take to post to my Amex statement?
The resort credit typically posts between 2-5 days after 10 days or even more after the eligible charge posts to your Amex account. Note that sometimes your charge will not even be processed until the following day, early in the morning.

17) What happens if I stay in an eligible property, pay with my Aspire, but the resort credit doesn't post automatically?
If the resort credit hasn't posted within 7 days, it will most likely not post automatically, and you need to call Amex to have it manually applied. Unfortunately Amex typically requires you to wait until 8 weeks after the charge before they will manually apply the resort credit. The credit not posting automatically is very rare though, see below.

18) What properties seem to have issues with the credit posting automatically?
FT members have reported that the resort credit has not posted automatically at several of the eligible resorts:

LXR Susona Bodrum, Turkey - May 2021 [Also, bonus is showing 3x, not 14x. Indicating this hotel is not coded correctly in their system. Multiple chats did not resolve this problem but a phone call did.
Resort credit has now posted and was told this should be fixed going forward. Still waiting for add'l 11x bonus points]

19) Is the credit per membership year or per calendar year?
Per membership year. Your first reward year begins on your account opening date. Each subsequent reward year begins on the anniversary of your account opening date.

20) For which resorts has the resort credit posted?
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines
Crocksford Las Vegas
WA Grand Wailea - Multiple reports of credit not posting automatically, however one positive data point in Feb 2019 of the credit posting, YMMV.
DT Fallsview Resort Niagara Falls - several reports
Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk - 7/6/2021
Hilton Tokyo Bay - several reports
Elara Las Vegas - several reports
WA La Quinta - two reports
Hilton Mauritius - one report
Hilton Sedona - one report
Jewel Dunn River Curio Jamaica - one report
Hilton Malta - one report
Hilton Queenstown Resort and Spa - 8/2019, 2/2023
Hilton Hangzhou Qiandao Lake Resort - 4/2018
Hilton Sanqingshan Resort -4/2019
Hilton Palm Springs, CA - 1/2022
Hilton Waterfront Resort, Huntington Beach, CA - 10/2021

Print Wikipost

[Archive 2021-2023 Hilton Amex Aspire $200 Resort Credit]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2021, 11:51 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Hit up Waldorf Astoria Park City in Nov. Used my Aspire $250 resort credit (via room charge), credit hit 2 days later. Done deal. Glad there weren’t delays as others have reported. Fantastic property.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 11:03 am

DP on prepaid booking at the Hilton Malta, St. Julians. The charge posted as:HILTON RESERVATIONS DEPT

PORTOMASO

ST JULIANS

STJ4012

The charge has not been reimbursed. Chat indicated wait 8-12 weeks. Should have booked the refundable rate for 30 extra euros/night.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 6:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HHDmd, MBvLTPLT, PCAmb/Dmd, HYT Dis
Originally Posted by Nagasaki Joe
Further upthread this is discussed, but it requires a hotel stay with F&B charges made to the room to use the resort credit.
If you read the language it says Incidental charges (including charges made at restaurants, spas, and other establishments within the hotel property) must be charged to your room and paid for with your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card at checkout in order for them to be recognized as Hilton Resort purchases. But key are the words "for them to be recognized." They are not actually saying a stay is required. What they are saying is the charge will need to come through the hotel's primary merchant account for the credit.

As this thread shows the easiest way to ensure that happens is a room charge. In some cases the deposit works if the hotel does it themselves with the primary merchant account. As for charging at the restaurants/shops directly, while all of these located on a resort hotel site should have the ability to direct charge a room, most will run a credit card through their own merchant account - which means the credit would not post/the charge would be eligible. The way around this is that most of these resort properties also do a fair amount of meeting and wedding business, which means that in their system they have the ability to create house accounts that function similar to room accounts. And the various on-site services (restaurants, spa, stores) should be able to charge a house account just as they do the room -- and then when you close the house account the charge would be run through the hotel's primary merchant account.

Now whether a hotel will set you up with a house account for just $250 of spend is very much YMMV. But if they do it will work for drinks, food, or whatever you charge to the house account while there. And the credit will post just fine within a few days.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 7:40 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dbuckho
If you read the language it says Incidental charges (including charges made at restaurants, spas, and other establishments within the hotel property) must be charged to your room and paid for with your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card at checkout in order for them to be recognized as Hilton Resort purchases. But key are the words "for them to be recognized." They are not actually saying a stay is required. What they are saying is the charge will need to come through the hotel's primary merchant account for the credit

Now whether a hotel will set you up with a house account for just $250 of spend is very much YMMV. But if they do it will work for drinks, food, or whatever you charge to the house account while there. And the credit will post just fine within a few days.
I charged items (bag of peanuts and beverages) that I bought in the hotel lobby shop to my room along with restaurant charges and they were all covered by the $250 Aspire resort credit during my 2-night resort stay. Do you know any examples where Aspire cardholders were set up with a house account and allowed to use the resort credit without a hotel stay? If you have an example and can show people how to get a house account set up as you say, then post it so everyone can benefit, otherwise, it's hearsay.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 11:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HHDmd, MBvLTPLT, PCAmb/Dmd, HYT Dis
I did it a couple of weeks ago.

My credit card year end was approaching. No planned stays at a resort, but happened to be staying near one for a week. I stopped by on a Monday and explained about my credit and asked how a meal charged directly to my credit card at the restaurant would go through - explaining that I needed the charge to go through the primary merchant account. Front desk person checked with a few folks and came back saying it would not run as the property - would run as the restaurant - but then said they could open a house account for me and that it would work like a room charge.

House account opened on a Monday - $250 deposit pre-authorized
Closed/checked out account the following Friday - total charges slightly over $250
Credit posted to Hilton Amex following Sunday - two days later

i think it may help if you are staying in a related property. For example, let’s say you had directly rented one of the timeshares for a week next to the Hilton Hawaiian Village. But then went over to the main Hilton and explained you wanted to dine there a few times, use the spa, etc. This is just speculation on my part but in my case there was a loose relationship between my accommodations and this resort. Hence my saying mileage may vary..

And to clarify, I was saying if you use your credit card at the store in the lobby or hotel restaurant directly (I.e as asked about just paying at a restaurant at the Grand Wailea) - that store/restaurant most likely has a separate merchant account. Of course if you charge it to room it goes to your bill and the credit will work.
Old Dec 11, 2021, 7:47 am

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
Kings Landing stay posted with a $250 credit
Also bought 4 AC days passes at $59 - credit for $236 posted.

I also just transferred a few miles to top off my sons AA account ($45) - got a $14 credit
I thought buying/transferring miles didn’t count?
Old Dec 13, 2021, 6:49 pm

Programs: AS MVPG (R.I.P 75K), DL, HH Gold
I made reservations earlier in the year via the Hilton resort link for two properties in the EU for October 2021. I attempted to get my Aspire resort fees benefit today and was told those properties were not currently on the Hilton list, so no credit would be given. I asked for a name and email to take this up the chain, and the request was denied What are my options? No I didn’t take a screen shots that might prove my case. CS implied that it only mattered that the hotel was on the list during the time of my stay, not when the res was made. Any thoughts?

Edit: I just reviewed the Hilton resort site and one of the hotels in question is currently on the list. Does anyone know if AMEX has a different list (before i take this further) than this one? It's the DT Amsterdam Centraal.

Last edited by bon mot; Dec 13, 2021 at 8:11 pm Reason: update
Old Dec 13, 2021, 7:00 pm

Programs: No airline status whatsoever, Chase URs, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by bon mot
I made reservations earlier in the year via the Hilton resort link for two properties in the EU for October 2021. I attempted to get my Aspire resort fees benefit today and was told those properties were not currently on the Hilton list, so no credit would be given. I asked for a name and email to take this up the chain, and the request was denied What are my options? No I didn’t take a screen shots that might prove my case. CS implied that it only mattered that the hotel was on the list during the time of my stay, not when the res was made. Any thoughts?
I don't think that Hilton wants to insult loyal guests by denying you the benefits that you signed up for. Write a polite, concise note to HH outlining your situation and asking them to honor the terms that were in effect when you made the res. CS can't do anything other than follow their procedures manual. You don't have to 'prove' your facts, HH can look that up easily. You need an executive to help you.
bon mot likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 7:35 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by jsn55
I don't think that Hilton wants to insult loyal guests by denying you the benefits that you signed up for. Write a polite, concise note to HH outlining your situation and asking them to honor the terms that were in effect when you made the res. CS can't do anything other than follow their procedures manual. You don't have to 'prove' your facts, HH can look that up easily. You need an executive to help you.
Hilton Honors can't do this. Amex would have to.
And the Amex is not limited to "loyal guests."
Westcoaster and bon mot like this.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by bon mot
Edit: I just reviewed the Hilton resort site and one of the hotels in question is currently on the list. Does anyone know if AMEX has a different list (before i take this further) than this one? It's the DT Amsterdam Centraal.
This is definitely some sort of website glitch as there's no way the DT Amsterdam would be a resort.

What link are you using to search the resorts? I don't see it listed when I search the map. However if I search Amsterdam for a random date it briefly pops up with "finding the best rate...." but then returns no results found.

Amex shouldn't have any different list than what is displayed at Hilton, not doubting that it could have been displayed at some point (again some kind of glitch based on the above) but I think youre going to have an uphill battle trying to get it.
Adam1222, IndyHoosier and bon mot like this.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 4:35 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
This is definitely some sort of website glitch as there's no way the DT Amsterdam would be a resort.

What link are you using to search the resorts? I don't see it listed when I search the map. However if I search Amsterdam for a random date it briefly pops up with "finding the best rate...." but then returns no results found.

Amex shouldn't have any different list than what is displayed at Hilton, not doubting that it could have been displayed at some point (again some kind of glitch based on the above) but I think youre going to have an uphill battle trying to get it.

The Doubletree Amsterdam is not now on the list nor has it ever been. It seems user error is the explanation, not Hilton changing the list
https://www.hilton.com/en/locations/resorts/
bon mot likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 4:15 pm

Programs: AS MVPG (R.I.P 75K), DL, HH Gold
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
I'll second that...

Yes, it was a glitch and it's all cleared up now. Thanks to all for you help!
Bon
Old Dec 17, 2021, 8:38 am

Question about using the $250 credit

If I book a hilton resort on the hilton website using a my company’s corporate code, would that trigger the credit or would it be considered as an advance purchase rate?

My apologies in advance if this question has been asked already.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by Goku7
If I book a hilton resort on the hilton website using a my company’s corporate code, would that trigger the credit or would it be considered as an advance purchase rate?

Generally speaking, unless you have some sort of non-qualifying code - which is doubtful - it should trigger the credit.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by Goku7

Originally Posted by smmrfld
Generally speaking, unless you have some sort of non-qualifying code - which is doubtful - it should trigger the credit.
Not sure what you mean by your corporate rate being considered an advance purchase rate? Is it an AP rate or not?

In any event, assuming your corporate rate is not an AP rate, then the rate you book is completely irrelevant. All that matters is that a charge from a qualifying property hits your Aspire. Amex doesn't care whether you book the rack rate or the AAA rate or your corporate rate or anything else, if you charge $100 at a qualifying property to your Apsire you'll see a $100 credit.
Adam1222 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.