Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[Archive 2021-2023 Hilton Amex Aspire $200 Resort Credit]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 24, 2018, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
$250 Hilton Resort Credit

Note: The web page for the resorts has changed. You must input dates and/or a specific region to get a list of all resorts in that region. Sometimes the web page works better on a mobile device.

The resort credit benefit changed in late 2023. Refer to this separate discussion and wikipost for FAQs.

AMEX TERMS:
During each year of your Card Membership ("reward year"), you are eligible to receive up to $250 total in statement credits on your Card Account for eligible purchases made directly with participating Hilton Resorts with your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card during that reward year. Your first reward year begins on your account opening date. Each subsequent reward year begins on the anniversary of your account opening date.
Eligible Hilton Resort purchases must be made directly with the participating Hilton Resort and charged to your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card account for the benefit to apply. Incidental charges (including charges made at restaurants, spas, and other establishments within the hotel property) must be charged to your room and paid for with your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card at checkout in order for them to be recognized as Hilton Resort purchases. Visit hilton.com/resorts for the list of participating Hilton Resorts. Purchases made by both the Basic and Additional Card Members on the eligible Card Account are eligible for statement credits. However, each Card Account is eligible for up to a total of $250 per renewal year in statement credits across all Cards on the Card Account. Please allow 8-12 weeks after the eligible Hilton purchase is charged to your Card Account for statement credit(s) to be posted to the Account. Please call the number on the back of your Card if statement credits have not posted after 12 weeks from the date of purchase. Card Members remain responsible for timely payment of all charges.

FAQ

ELIGIBLE RATES
1) Do you have to book directly through Hilton in order to receive the resort credit?
NO. See below.

2) If I’m booking at Hilton.com or through the Hilton app, etc., are any rates not eligible for the resort credit?
Any rates charged by the hotel directly will trigger the credit. Advance purchase rates for properties in the USA are charged by Hilton Corporate in Tennessee and WILL NOT trigger the credit. Advance purchase rates for properties outside the USA are typically charged by the hotel directly, so these WILL trigger the credit. According to DoC and the discussion from post #849 onwards advance purchase rates are becoming ineligible starting Aug 1, 2019, though it is unclear how this will be enforced for international properties.

3) I have to book through my corporate travel agent or use my corporate rate code at Hilton.com, will I still get the resort credit?
YES. Any rates that are charged by the hotel directly will trigger the credit.

4) What about bookings through Orbitz, Expedia, and other online travel agencies?
As long as the rate is “pay at hotel” then it will trigger the credit. Prepaid and other special rates that are charged directly by Orbitz or Expedia, etc. and not the hotel will not trigger the credit.

5) I’m looking at an eligible hotel that charges a refundable one-night deposit for all bookings, can I get the resort credit for this?
YES. As long as the deposit is charged directly by an eligible hotel to your Aspire, it will trigger the credit.

6) I see the Aspire also offers a $100 property credit at certain Conrad and Waldorf Astoria properties. What is the difference? Can I combine both credits?
YES, these are different credits but it is possible to combine them. In order to be eligible for the $100 property credit you must book a specific rate via the www.hiltonhonorsaspirecard.com website. The $100 property credit will be applied by the property at check-out before you card is charged, while the $250 resort credit will be applied by AMEX a few days after the charge appears on your statement.

For example, say you book the qualifying property credit rate via the website above for 2 nights @ $250/night, and then charge $100 in dinner to your room. At check-out, your preliminary folio is $600. The front desk will apply the $100 credit, making your final folio $500 which would be charged to your Aspire. A few days later AMEX will apply the $250 resort credit to your AMEX statement, making your total out of pocket only $250 for a $600 stay. Not bad!

ELIGIBLE PROPERTIES

As of 2022 or 2023, there is no static list of eligible properties.
You can either go to Hilton.com/resorts and hit "explore more resorts," or apply the "Resorts" filter on the search yourself.

7) Only properties listed at the official Hilton Resorts link (hilton.com/resorts) are eligible for this credit!

8) However, the hilton.com/resorts website isn’t the best! Please search thoroughly. For example, the Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas does not appear when you search North America > US & Hawaii > Nevada, but it does appear if you search the map.

9) I didn’t see a property listed at the official Hilton Resorts link, but it did show up when searching Hilton.com and filtering amenities to “Resort Property,” can I get the resort credit here?
NO. Only properties listed at the official Hilton Resorts link (hilton.com/resorts) are eligible for the credit.

10) What about this hotel I stayed at last year, it’s not listed at the official Hilton Resorts link, but it has a pool and a spa and the sun was out when I was there, surely I can get the resort credit there?
NO. Only properties listed at the official Hilton Resorts link (hilton.com/resorts) are eligible for the credit.

11) OK, I get it, only properties listed at the official Hilton Resorts link (hilton.com/resorts) are eligible for the credit, but are there any others that have fallen through the cracks?
Any properties that are not listed at the official Hilton Resorts link but with positive reports of triggering the resort credit are listed below:
- HILTON WAIKIKI BEACH HOTEL (reported by jphripjah May 1, 2018) Has been added to hilton.com/resorts since.
El Conquistador Tucson, A Hilton Resort is not listed on Hilton Resorts searchable link (by state), but shows up on the map. It is reported it by mdosu April 10, 2018 that there is positive report of triggering the resort credit.

ELIGIBLE CHARGES
12) What charges are eligible for this resort credit?
ANYTHING charged directly by the hotel or to your room by an eligible property will trigger the resort credit. Room rate, taxes, fees, room service, dining, bars, spa, transportation, jet skis, beach chairs, excursions, etc. etc. etc. AMEX doesn’t discriminate on what the charge is, as long as the charge appears directly from an eligible hotel it will trigger the credit.

13) I booked an award stay using Honors points at an eligible property, can I still get the resort credit for incidentals charged to the room if I pay with my Aspire?
YES. ANYTHING charged to your room by an eligible property will trigger the resort credit, as long as you settle the charges with your Aspire.

14) I booked a prepaid rate through Orbitz at an eligible property with a different credit card, can I still get the resort credit for my hotel bar tab that I charged to the room if settle this at check-out with my Aspire?
YES. ANYTHING charged to your room by an eligible property will trigger the resort credit, as long as you settle the charges with your Aspire.

15) I bought some cat food and fresh underwear at the hotel gift shop and charged it to my room. It’s an eligible property and I’m paying with my Aspire, but surely I won’t get the resort credit for this?
WRONG. ANYTHING charged to your room by an eligible property will trigger the resort credit, as long as you settle the charges with your Aspire. And don’t call me Shirley.

CREDIT TIMING
16) How long does the resort credit take to post to my Amex statement?
The resort credit typically posts between 2-5 days after 10 days or even more after the eligible charge posts to your Amex account. Note that sometimes your charge will not even be processed until the following day, early in the morning.

17) What happens if I stay in an eligible property, pay with my Aspire, but the resort credit doesn't post automatically?
If the resort credit hasn't posted within 7 days, it will most likely not post automatically, and you need to call Amex to have it manually applied. Unfortunately Amex typically requires you to wait until 8 weeks after the charge before they will manually apply the resort credit. The credit not posting automatically is very rare though, see below.

18) What properties seem to have issues with the credit posting automatically?
FT members have reported that the resort credit has not posted automatically at several of the eligible resorts:

LXR Susona Bodrum, Turkey - May 2021 [Also, bonus is showing 3x, not 14x. Indicating this hotel is not coded correctly in their system. Multiple chats did not resolve this problem but a phone call did.
Resort credit has now posted and was told this should be fixed going forward. Still waiting for add'l 11x bonus points]

19) Is the credit per membership year or per calendar year?
Per membership year. Your first reward year begins on your account opening date. Each subsequent reward year begins on the anniversary of your account opening date.

20) For which resorts has the resort credit posted?
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines
Crocksford Las Vegas
WA Grand Wailea - Multiple reports of credit not posting automatically, however one positive data point in Feb 2019 of the credit posting, YMMV.
DT Fallsview Resort Niagara Falls - several reports
Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk - 7/6/2021
Hilton Tokyo Bay - several reports
Elara Las Vegas - several reports
WA La Quinta - two reports
Hilton Mauritius - one report
Hilton Sedona - one report
Jewel Dunn River Curio Jamaica - one report
Hilton Malta - one report
Hilton Queenstown Resort and Spa - 8/2019, 2/2023
Hilton Hangzhou Qiandao Lake Resort - 4/2018
Hilton Sanqingshan Resort -4/2019
Hilton Palm Springs, CA - 1/2022
Hilton Waterfront Resort, Huntington Beach, CA - 10/2021

Print Wikipost

[Archive 2021-2023 Hilton Amex Aspire $200 Resort Credit]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2021, 11:20 am

Programs: No airline status whatsoever, Chase URs, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Nagasaki Joe
As diesteldorf pointed out, this was a points stay (30k points/night), as I wanted to use the resort credit mainly for food and drink. I had one guest for lunch who helped me use the credit, but the food was reasonably priced and the portions were large, so it took effort to use the full credit. If I were to do it again, I'd probably use the credit for the room rate if traveling alone. If I had been with my wife, I'd probably pay with points and use the resort credit for F&B.
Joe, I don't think that anyone, anywhere has EVER stated that food/drink at a Hilton, any Hilton, was 'reasonably priced'. I usually find the prices eye-watering. Like John Dory sole at the LHR Hilton ... 26 pounds ... the currency, not the fish. And that was ala carte. Hilton will be thrilled to read that there's someone in the world who doesn't faint looking at one of their hotel menus. You made my Sunday morning!
DCAhome likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by jsn55
Joe, I don't think that anyone, anywhere has EVER stated that food/drink at a Hilton, any Hilton, was 'reasonably priced'. I usually find the prices eye-watering. Like John Dory sole at the LHR Hilton ... 26 pounds ... the currency, not the fish. And that was ala carte. Hilton will be thrilled to read that there's someone in the world who doesn't faint looking at one of their hotel menus. You made my Sunday morning!
Disagree completely. I've stayed at a number of Hiltons where F&B was competitively and reasonably priced...even moreso during Happy Hour or other promos.
Eujeanie and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by jsn55
I've eaten at their restaurant many times, and would agree with Joe that food prices are very reasonable for being just outside Chicago. Much of their stuff is organic and prepared fresh and the staff is always friendly. I ate there 2-3 months ago, and you could tell they had trimmed the menu and didn't have quite the variety as years past, but I know restaurants have had a tough go the last 18 months. Some hotel restaurants also make a conscious effort to cater to locals as well. Oak Brook, IL is around 30 minutes away from Downtown Chicago, but the village of Oak Brook is under 10,000 people. It wasn't uncommon to see business people stop in for drinks and appetizers before heading home.
This particular resort also offers locals the option to pay a membership fee to use the pool/exercise facilities and I could definitely see the appeal if you wanted to go to the gym without having to go to downtown Chicago.
I met one gentleman that lived around Chicago , but would regularly bring his daughter to the resort so she could swim. Then they would have dinner afterwards.

I also have to wonder if the rise of technology and food delivery services has had any impact on hotel restaurants. I remember when food delivery for many places meant mainly pizza. Now, Grubhub/Door Dash/Uber Eats offer travelers more variety and access to restaurants not previously available. Amazon, regardless of whether you like them or not, has been expanding Prime Now in many bigger cities and pricing is reasonable.

I was staying at a Hilton Garden Inn, where everything was prepackaged with huge markups. Since my room had a full fridge and microwave, I ordered food/produce/ ice creametc from Amazon and had it delivered in about 1-2 hours.

https://www.facebook.com/blocalbfresh/

Originally Posted by smmrfld
Disagree completely. I've stayed at a number of Hiltons where F&B was competitively and reasonably priced...even moreso during Happy Hour or other promos.
I was staying in the Chicago suburbs in 2016 and decided to checkout the hotel restaurant. As I was looking at the menu, the waiter casually said, "Would you like me to tell you about our $9.99 ALL YOU CAN EAT, bread and pasta special?"
They offered 4-5 different varieties of pasta/meat/sauce combinations, with generous portions. I was on vacation, planning to spend the night watching baseball, and checking out late, so I was more than willing to have 2-3 pasta plates and enjoy myself.
Nagasaki Joe likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 6:37 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Happy Traveling Consultant
Actually, on that theme, has anyone successfully used the resort credit paying for golf or spa treatments without a hotel stay?
I thought that use of the resort credit required a minimum 2-night stay.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 10:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
You may be thinking of the separate $100 property credit at the Conrad or WA that often requires booking a more expensive rate in order to use.
DC9 likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 11:16 pm

Any datapoints on buying a gift card from a resort or asking them to ship it to you?
Old Sep 13, 2021, 12:50 am
DC9

Programs: QF Platinum, HH Diamond
Only a one-night stay is needed
SPN Lifer and Nagasaki Joe like this.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by pinniped
In my experience, if it doesn't show up almost immediately, it doesn't show up.

They'll make you wait 8 weeks, and then manually post the credit.
OK I am coming up on the 8 weeks mark tomorrow for both charges on mine and my wife's Aspire cards for Hilton Waikoloa Ocean Tower with HGV. It is on the resort list, so I think we should not have any problems getting the 2 credits for $250, but this seems somewhat rare. Still wondering why they both didn't trigger! Can I just use chat or do I have to actually call on the phone to get them to manually apply? Thanks everyone for the help with data points!
Old Sep 14, 2021, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by desertdwelleraz
OK I am coming up on the 8 weeks mark tomorrow for both charges on mine and my wife's Aspire cards for Hilton Waikoloa Ocean Tower with HGV. It is on the resort list, so I think we should not have any problems getting the 2 credits for $250, but this seems somewhat rare. Still wondering why they both didn't trigger! Can I just use chat or do I have to actually call on the phone to get them to manually apply? Thanks everyone for the help with data points!

I'm running into same problem with Virgin Las Vegas bookings. The credit hasn't posted yet and when chatting with agent, they are telling me that it will take up to 8 weeks before the credit will post.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 9:30 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by OutofToiletPaper
I'm running into same problem with Virgin Las Vegas bookings. The credit hasn't posted yet and when chatting with agent, they are telling me that it will take up to 8 weeks before the credit will post.
I had a stay Aug 27. The resort credit posted Aug 30.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 1:51 pm

Programs: No airline status whatsoever, Chase URs, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
"Can I just use chat or do I have to actually call on the phone?"
This made me laugh ... I absolutely hate calling on the phone and repeating my story 9 times. Always look for a way to communicate without the phone.
josephstern and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 2:59 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Just checked out of the Doubletree Resort Lancaster (PA) on the 10th. The charge posted on the 11th and the $250 was reimbursed on the 13th. While not a glamorous use of the resort credit, there’s really not many options in the northeast US. It’s an older property, but grounds are decent enough and the food at the hotel restaurant was decent for the price. If you visit on a weekday, the credit should cover the room rate for a night and meals (apart from $12/person Diamond food credit which was automatically applied). I figure I’d add a data point since not many reports of people using their credit at this property. I think the next closest resort property for NE US residents after Lancaster is Hilton Ocean City (MD).
Old Sep 14, 2021, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by abcx
Any datapoints on buying a gift card from a resort or asking them to ship it to you?
Bumping this.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 6:14 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by abcx
Bumping this.
If you use the search function, you can see the several posts of people asking the same question and the responses they received. For example: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32319991-post1043.html
Old Sep 16, 2021, 7:59 am

My Aspire anniversary date is early November. I am thinking of using the resort credit for Thanksgiving and after receiving the credit, downgrading to the no fee card. Does anyone know if Amex might claw back the credit in this case? Any DPs? Note that I am not canceling the card, only downgrading.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.