Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Points missing from HH Shop to Earn Mall

Old Mar 7, 18, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold

I made a purchase via the portal about 3 months ago, but the points have yet to show up.

Is there a way to tell if the points are "pending" or simply lost?
Old Mar 14, 18, 2:52 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, Dirt Elsewhere
Originally Posted by caseminole View Post
I made a purchase via the portal about 3 months ago, but the points have yet to show up.

Is there a way to tell if the points are "pending" or simply lost?
When you sign into the Shop to Earn portal, look on the left hand side of the screen near the bottom under "My Transactions." Click on "See All." This will show you a list of the last 10 transactions that you have made with the Shop to Earn Mall. If the transaction is present on the list but appears in yellow print with a clock icon next to it, that means the purchase is "currently in review by the corresponding merchant" and points are pending.

Based on experience, I can definitely say that some merchants credit points faster than others. The average time from making a purchase to receiving points is about 1 month, but recently I had a transaction that took about 3 months to credit. I hope this information is useful. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask!
Old Mar 19, 18, 5:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Best Western Gold
I bought something from Home Depot on December 13. It took EXACTLY 90 days for my points to post (March 14). You are not supposed to contact them until 90 days is up. Everything I buy via Walmart/HHPortal usually posts within 3-4 days. I am sitting on a TurboTax purchase to see how long it takes it to go through - currently about a month.
Personally I prefer the Delta SkyMiles shopping portal - it goes through within a day or two and is very reliable. I only use the Hilton one when a) vendor not available on Delta's portal, or b) I know I need Hilton points but I have a looong time to earn them. It's not a great portal site.
Old Apr 4, 18, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
Thanks for the advice.

Unfortunately, the purchase isnt included there. No idea why. It was < $5

Not that big of a deal, I will make another one, and screen shot the screen showing that last purchase for proof.