Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Booked wrong advanced purchase rate by mistake. Can anything be done?

Old Mar 4, 18, 5:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold

My other half has accidentally booked a non refundable rate with breakfast not knowing he would get free breakfast as Gold anyway.

Is there anything that can be done? We’ve called central reservations but they said the office that can deal with it are closed now and open at 9 AM GMT.
Old Mar 4, 18, 5:17 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, VA Platinum
I have always called the hotel direct.
Old Mar 4, 18, 5:35 pm

Programs: All
Call the hotel directly and as long as your credit card has not been charged yet, they are able to cancel the transaction. Alternatively, I am sure they will credit you the difference since you are Gold if you ask upon checkin.
Old Mar 4, 18, 8:09 pm

Programs: AA EXPlat, 2.4MM; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by ma_zeoli View Post
Call the hotel directly and as long as your credit card has not been charged yet, they are able to cancel the transaction. Alternatively, I am sure they will credit you the difference since you are Gold if you ask upon checkin.
Yes. I once booked nonrefundable and mistakenly purchased for the wrong date. Called hotel directly (don't remember which hotel unfortunately), which switched dates with no hassle.
Old Mar 5, 18, 12:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Likewise I'd call direct. Even when they can't (which I think means won't ) unwind the specific issue the property has always offered something like afternoon tea, dinner credit or wine in room to try and compensate.
Old Mar 5, 18, 4:39 pm

Programs: BA Meltdown soft-landed Silver, OZ♦+ (BR/UA), B6 Mosaic, WoH♦, Mlife Noir, TR 7*
Originally Posted by ma_zeoli View Post
Alternatively, I am sure they will credit you the difference since you are Gold if you ask upon checkin.
I wouldn't recommend this - it's better to deal with the issue in advance (and preferably now, especially since the reservation was just made), as the hotel FD / central reservations / etc. will usually be sympathetic about these types of honest mistakes. By the time of check-in, the rate differential will be unclear and it risks situations where the FD agent is not empowered to make rate changes or even offer any type of goodwill gesture, making it much more of a hassle.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: