Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Resort fee to cover “Honors benefits”

Resort fee to cover “Honors benefits”

Old Sep 26, 2019, 3:18 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, UA 1K, AA Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by TGLoyalty
why do you keep returning?
we are there for work several times a year and its one of the few places we can play on clay courts - again, i dont mind paying to play, but the double dip of resort fee & court fee is ridiculous
Old Sep 26, 2019, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by smmrfld
Ummm...stay somewhere else If you continue to feel insulted?
orrrr we can all support each other in the points & miles community to show hotels that resort fees are unwarranted
OregonMan likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 4:25 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by tinkerbell78
we are there for work several times a year and its one of the few places we can play on clay courts - again, i dont mind paying to play, but the double dip of resort fee & court fee is ridiculous
I guess it still falls within your acceptable price then, also a court charge allows them to be used by those that really want to. Feels steep though but supply / demand at work.

The only way you can tell Hilton you don’t like the fees is to stop using the hotels for cash stays. Tbh I include it in my price per night calcs and if it’s too expensive for either my budget or that property I just stay somewhere else.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by TGLoyalty
I guess it still falls within your acceptable price then, also a court charge allows them to be used by those that really want to. Feels steep though but supply / demand at work.

The only way you can tell Hilton you don’t like the fees is to stop using the hotels for cash stays. Tbh I include it in my price per night calcs and if it’s too expensive for either my budget or that property I just stay somewhere else.
correct - the court fees are user fees...but as most people have commented on this thread & i believe a major contention by all is that the hotel is saying that the resort fee is a user fee - only i am not using anything that is offered by it! so why should i have to pay it? all the benefits that the resort fee includes are covered by my diamond status - many resort fees include a golf discount or some sort of golf perk, but to your point that should be covered by only those that golf.

ok - back to my issue with the WA La Quinta - the resort fee covers: fitness center access, fitness / yoga classes, sporting facilities or equipment, shuttle service, internet access, phone calls, in-room bottled water, additional items may be included. Most of these amenities are covered by diamond status, so if im paying a resort fee why isnt tennis covered? its a tennis club!!
i joined the discussion bcuz a previous comment mentioned that they had the resort fee waived and so i was interested in how they did that. I typically would not choose a property that has resort fees...
Old Sep 27, 2019, 3:26 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat
I understand what you are saying but the reality is that the headline price per night will just go up for all of these resorts. It's just a sneaky way for the hotel to get away with a small proportion of the charge not showing up on the headline price or paying commissions on it atm.

If there's no commission payable on it to OTA's/Hilton and if no points are earned either they've saved themselves a few £/$/€ but once its in the headline price I assume the price will go up by the amount of the resort fee plus the commission they have to pay on it as the property won't want to lose that contribution.

What I disagree with is the website not having to show it in their total costs and just tagging it on in some small print etc - not an issue in the UK accessed websites as the total costs including fees/taxes must be shown.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.