Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville {US-NC}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville {US-NC}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2018, 6:02 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Arrow Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville {US-NC}

Stay Report - 2/21 - 2/22

Location: The hotel is located on Western Blvd about a half mile west of Marine Blvd (US 17) which is the main drag in Jacksonville. Downtown Jacksonville, such that it is, is about 4 miles away and Camp Lejune Marine Base is about 20 miles away. The hotel shares parking lot space with a few restaurants and there's a Target and a number of other stores an easy walk away.

Hotel: The hotel is only 9 months old and physically it looks great. It's got a large lobby with high ceilings, a full bar and a restaurant that serves breakfast and dinner, 24 hour fitness center, business center and an indoor pool. There's also enough parking though it can get crowded later at night.

Check In: The agent had my keys ready to go, gave me two bottles of water and told me they had done away with breakfast coupons but they'd know who I was at check in.

Room: Very nice as fitting with the rest of the hotel. Large comfortable bed, work area, lovely bathroom with walk in shower, closet area and plenty of outlets. Wifi worked well and there were no sound issues.

Breakfast/Other: Unfortunately this hotel seems to be having some service issues. First of all, there was no liquor. A hand printed sign said due to issues with their license they couldn't sell any. Secondly, the computers in the business center didn't work. Thirdly, breakfast was awful. They were out of a lot of food at 8:30 AM and what was there was cold. Nobody ever came to check on me or serve me and I was not brought silverware so I had to eat with a tea spoon and no knife. There was also no to go cups for coffee. This is far, far below HGI standards and was very disappointing.

Overall I like this hotel, it's one of the best physical HGIs I've been to. But I may avoid it when coming back to the area because the service was so bad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.