Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Downtown/Bayside {US-CA}

Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Downtown/Bayside {US-CA}

Old Feb 19, 18, 6:12 pm
Original Poster

Arrow Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Downtown/Bayside {US-CA}

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer View Post
Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Downtown/Bayside is newly built and co-hoteled with the Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Downtown/Bayside.

Checkin: Three desks, each with POS (point of sale) for each brand. Acknowledged status and room preferences. There is a driveway area where you can load/unload off of the street.

Status: Each property has their own dining area for breakfast and evening snack (for Homewood). For GI the breakfast is a buffet which includes sausage, bacon, eggs, fresh fruit, oatmeal, baked goods, yogurt, cereal and juice/drink. Some staff said to-order items are included (french toast, waffles, etc) while other staff said they were not, so YMMV. Upgraded internet speed with status. Checkout can be extended to 2pm irrespective of status, anything beyond 2pm incurs a partial or full days charge regardless of status.

Rooms: Good size. Shower only. Large TV. One closet, ironing board and iron, refrigerator, microwave, desk.

Amenities: Gym, pool (walls without roof so outdoor, but limited wind), washer & dryer, underground parking, on-site restaurant. Typically coffee in the lobby in the morning and water and apples put out around noon but not refreshed.

Overall: Nice property and would stay again if the location works (and rate).
Old Mar 31, 19, 5:26 am

Programs: UA GS 2MM, QFF Platinum, HH Diamond, HawaiianMiles
Nice, new, and clean. Breakfast was a bit chaotic, some staff didnít seem to know what they were doing. A decent property overall.
Old Dec 8, 19, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by MyTravels View Post
Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Downtown/Bayside is newly built and co-hoteled with the Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Downtown/Bayside.
[...]
Amenities: [...] washer & dryer [...]
Thanks for that info. I searched the hotel's web site and found no mention of washer or dryer. It baffles me that hotel managers think this is not worth mentioning.
Old Dec 11, 19, 5:37 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Giving this hotel a whirl with the family next week. Given the poor reviews of the DoubleTree in downtown SD, this seemed a good compromise.
Old Dec 11, 19, 5:56 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, National Executive, Alaska MVP
This location has quickly became my go to property when I'm in San Diego. I've stayed here twice in the past few months. I really enjoy the extra space and it is nice and clean.

Just note that this is a valet only @ $45/night
Old Dec 28, 19, 11:30 pm

I can not recommend this place. I skipped the line and used mobile key. They had ONE person Manning two properties. Did not get any upgrade for being a diamond. Had to go to the front to get my 'benefit' of two waters. Housekeeping however is good. Very responsive and fast
Old Dec 29, 19, 5:04 am

Programs: UA GS 2MM, QFF Platinum, HH Diamond, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by kaiotes View Post
I can not recommend this place. I skipped the line and used mobile key. They had ONE person Manning two properties. Did not get any upgrade for being a diamond. Had to go to the front to get my 'benefit' of two waters. Housekeeping however is good. Very responsive and fast
Room upgrades are not a Diamond benefit at HGI properties.
markko likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: