Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Does Hilton solicit then block negative Tripadvisor reviews?

Old Feb 16, 18, 10:28 am
Original Poster

I have completed two recent stays at Hilton family hotels, one mediocre, the other very bad, which prompted me to complete TripAdvisor reviews, which I do not do often. I submitted both through the TripAdvisor icon on an email from Hilton, received a couple of days after my stay, thanking me for my business. It has been several weeks and these reviews have not posted. I assume that because they were negative, Hilton decided not to post? If so, this is extremely unethical. If the purpose is to reach out to customers who have had bad experiences before they post feedback, then you'd think someone would have contacted me. But no one has reached out nor has the review been posted. This actually compounds my anger and makes me feel worse about the brand overall.
Old Feb 16, 18, 11:18 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
If you have a TripAdvisor account, don't go through the Hilton portal, click directly on the review page for the hotel on TripAdvisor.
wizla and aquamarinesteph like this.
Old Feb 16, 18, 12:15 pm

The previous comment is spot on - post directly on TA and not through any link that you have been sent. Not only Hilton, but IHG also censors reviews quite aggressively
Old Feb 16, 18, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold
Agree with the other posters go directly to TA and post the reviews on their site. If you post at the end of a survey received by the hotel it's my understanding Hyatt and Hilton can filter out the reviews that get posted.

And many properties do pay attention. I've left negative feedback before on properties and received a private message on TA asking for more details and a couple years ago I gave a property a five star review but mentioned there was a dirty washcloth left in the shower and even though I gave them a five star review and mentioned it wasn't a big deal it was a big deal to the property and they wanted my room number and night I stayed to retrain their housekeeping staff.

If the stays were that bad I would also recommend adding the details to the property threads on this forum and private messaging lauren with the details, she's great about getting things resolved.
Old Feb 16, 18, 1:36 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by puchong View Post
The previous comment is spot on - post directly on TA and not through any link that you have been sent. Not only Hilton, but IHG also censors reviews quite aggressively
x3 don't use any hotel link go straight to TA app or website
Old Feb 16, 18, 5:18 pm

Programs: AA; Delta GM
I always post directly via Trip Advisor. Even when I have posted decent reviews on a location, they've never appeared UNLESS I post them again directly via Trip Advisor.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: