FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Does Hilton solicit then block negative Tripadvisor reviews? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1894264-does-hilton-solicit-then-block-negative-tripadvisor-reviews.html)

travisw Feb 16, 2018 9:28 am

Does Hilton solicit then block negative Tripadvisor reviews?

I have completed two recent stays at Hilton family hotels, one mediocre, the other very bad, which prompted me to complete TripAdvisor reviews, which I do not do often. I submitted both through the TripAdvisor icon on an email from Hilton, received a couple of days after my stay, thanking me for my business. It has been several weeks and these reviews have not posted. I assume that because they were negative, Hilton decided not to post? If so, this is extremely unethical. If the purpose is to reach out to customers who have had bad experiences before they post feedback, then you'd think someone would have contacted me. But no one has reached out nor has the review been posted. This actually compounds my anger and makes me feel worse about the brand overall.

Eujeanie Feb 16, 2018 10:18 am

If you have a TripAdvisor account, don't go through the Hilton portal, click directly on the review page for the hotel on TripAdvisor.

puchong Feb 16, 2018 11:15 am

The previous comment is spot on - post directly on TA and not through any link that you have been sent. Not only Hilton, but IHG also censors reviews quite aggressively

jamesteroh Feb 16, 2018 12:36 pm

Agree with the other posters go directly to TA and post the reviews on their site. If you post at the end of a survey received by the hotel it's my understanding Hyatt and Hilton can filter out the reviews that get posted.

And many properties do pay attention. I've left negative feedback before on properties and received a private message on TA asking for more details and a couple years ago I gave a property a five star review but mentioned there was a dirty washcloth left in the shower and even though I gave them a five star review and mentioned it wasn't a big deal it was a big deal to the property and they wanted my room number and night I stayed to retrain their housekeeping staff.

If the stays were that bad I would also recommend adding the details to the property threads on this forum and private messaging lauren with the details, she's great about getting things resolved.

Hawkeyefan Feb 16, 2018 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by puchong (Post 29424554)
The previous comment is spot on - post directly on TA and not through any link that you have been sent. Not only Hilton, but IHG also censors reviews quite aggressively

x3 don't use any hotel link go straight to TA app or website

aquamarinesteph Feb 16, 2018 4:18 pm

I always post directly via Trip Advisor. Even when I have posted decent reviews on a location, they've never appeared UNLESS I post them again directly via Trip Advisor.