Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

What's Going on in Miami in Dec 2023?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2022, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond

Looking for a pre-cruise hotel near the Port of Miami on Dec 21st, 2023, and most properties in Miami (clser to downtown/MB) are showing as "Diamond Guarantee" only or pricing extremely high (i.e Hamptons for $1500/night). I've tried searching for events in the area that might be causing this, but wondering if I'm too early to book (although the Diamind Desk did say rates were loaded). Looking for any thoughts on what might be causing this. Any insights greatly appreciated.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 1:35 pm

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
There are a number of cruises returning and departing from Miami during that week. There is a Doubletree Hotel (DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay) that has a Diamond Guarantee rate of $ 238 for December 21, 2023 and can be cancelled 2 days before.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond
I was just amazed at the number of “sold out” hotels. In particular, that DT shows some out on multiple dates after early August. That seems odd.

I checked a random location (San Diego) in Dec and most hotels were also sold out. So maybe just too early to book. But odd.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Too early to book. Don't put too much thought into it...
Old Dec 23, 2022, 4:43 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
But I understand. Sometimes you want to lock up something "just in case", so I'd book the cancellable DT then wait to see what happens.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 5:03 pm

The usual. Many people from cold areas shoot down to Miami for the holidays.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.