Late checkout as diamond member

Old Feb 2, 18, 5:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Late checkout as diamond member

Is the 2pm checkout by request or is it automatic ?
is a later time possible ?
Old Feb 2, 18, 6:01 pm

From the Hilton Honors Terms and Conditions:

"Late check-out must be requested and is subject to availability."
Source: Hilton Honors Benefits Terms & Conditions
Beano likes this.
Old Feb 2, 18, 6:12 pm
cjd

Originally Posted by Beano View Post
It's definitely by request and yes, a later time is possible, subject to availability and how busy the hotel is. We've had a late check out of 6pm granted previously but usually it's an hour or two after check out time. Occasionally, we've been told the hotel is too busy and no late check out given.
Beano and puchong like this.
Old Feb 2, 18, 6:48 pm

Programs: AA Plt Pro/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Generally speaking- but specifically with Hilton properties IME- ask for more than what you want. If you need 2 pm ask for 3 or 4 pm. I cannot recall how many times i have received a seemingly arbitrary response that granted a late checkout but for something less than what i asked for
Old Feb 2, 18, 7:00 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Hilton is notoriously stingy on late checkouts, regardless of status. I have *never* succeeded at getting late checkout beyond 1pm in many, many, many, attempts at a wide range of Hilton brands.

We have a thread on this somewhere in the forum. Good luck!

Neil
jamesteroh, ptownca and Beano like this.
Old Feb 2, 18, 7:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
Diamond with Hilton and Gold with Marriott. One thing nice about Marriott is the guaranteed 4pm check out as a Gold.
Beano likes this.
Old Feb 3, 18, 6:30 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Beano View Post
Late checkout for Diamonds is certainly available on request but it's not a something you can rely upon. Different Hiltons in different countries on different days of the week will give a different answer. 14:00 hrs is usually OK, you may find yourself agreeing to 13:30 hrs and being a few minutes late for example..... Very occasionally at check-in they will ask if you need a late checkout, I well recall one Hilton (AMS airport I think) where the gushing checkin agent said "and of course we can offer you a late checkout, how about 16:00 hrs?" - when my flight meant I needed to be off the premises by 06:00 sans breakfast.....

It would probably be good to indicate which hotel and the day of the week for a more specific answer. There are a lot of variables.
Old Feb 3, 18, 8:40 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Fyi, the AARP rate usually includes 2pm check out.
Old Feb 3, 18, 9:42 am

Programs: BAEC, Delta SkyPesos, VS FC, SQ KF, AA, HHonors
I've never gotten anything beyond 1. Fairly quickly, I learned to never ask for much in that department.

I did notice in my observations that the bulk of the housekeeping staff leave circa 4 pm (more visible at Hamptons versus full service properties...). This seems to be pretty common among US Hilton portfolio properties to draw down to a small number (i.e. 1) of porters from the late afternoon on in lieu of a housekeeping staff.

With that in mind, it's difficult to systematically offer late check-outs beyond 1 or 2.
Old Feb 3, 18, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Angry

A number of properties (especially Hampton Inns) have a checkout time of 11:00 AM. (Unfortunately, this is often the case at similar properties in competing chains as well, e.g., Holiday Inn Express, etc.)

So, to get a normal 12:00 noon checkout, you have to request a "late" checkout. And it's usually granted with a comment such as, "no later than 12:30" or the like. Grrrr.... So annoying to have to ask for a decent checkout time.
Old Feb 3, 18, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Anything beyond 2PM is like asking for an amenity of caviar and champagne! I've gotten 2:00 often enough, though one property warned me I'd be slapped with a $25 "late fee" after 12:30!

One Homewood I visit has the Head of Housekeeping making the call on day of departure only​​​ - checkin clerk cannot take requests, one must call or stop by that morning.

I don't recall encountering official pre-noon cutoffs more than a couple of times at any hotel. In that regard, I've had more problems with places unilaterally "waiving" cleaning when I've tarried too long with my DND out in the morning.
Old Feb 3, 18, 11:08 am

Hilton Diamond Late Checkout

From my last stay...
Attached Images  
Old Feb 3, 18, 11:21 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, 20 years
When Lifetime Diamond was created one of the benefits was 4:00 PM checkout. I do not know if this has been changed.
Old Feb 3, 18, 12:26 pm

Programs: FB PFL; HH Diamond; A3 Silver
Double Tree, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania: got a late checkout: 18:00. Not only me, but also my three colleagues (without HH status). But then, this is one of the best hotels in Africa IMHO.
Old Feb 3, 18, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger View Post
Anything beyond 2PM is like asking for an amenity of caviar and champagne! I've gotten 2:00 often enough, though one property warned me I'd be slapped with a $25 "late fee" after 12:30!

One Homewood I visit has the Head of Housekeeping making the call on day of departure only​​​ - checkin clerk cannot take requests, one must call or stop by that morning.

I don't recall encountering official pre-noon cutoffs more than a couple of times at any hotel. In that regard, I've had more problems with places unilaterally "waiving" cleaning when I've tarried too long with my DND out in the morning.
In part this is because a good chunk of Hilton's US select service properties (especially ones that are franchised) have an arrangement with their housekeeping which assigns most of them a certain number of rooms to clean/turn around and say 5 hours in which to do it. It they finish all of their rooms before their shift is up, they can go home and still get paid for the whole shift. Once those housekeepers leave their might be only one or two housekeepers in house.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: