Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Homewood vs Home2 Suites

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2018, 10:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Delta Platinum, American Platinum, Air Canada 25K
Homewood vs Home2 Suites

Im a Hilton Diamond and today was my first ever stay in a Home2 Suites property. Last night I was in a Homewood Suites

I see differences that I like in each property, but I am curious what others like or dislike comparably

Thanks for your input
Old Jan 31, 2018, 7:09 am

I see one thing not to like about H2S: 5 points/$. I'm not staying at an H2S if I have any other choice unless and until they change that.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 7:18 am

The points difference is one thing, but I prefer the traditional rooms of the Homewood over the "hip" studio rooms of Home2. The Home2 breakfast is awful, while I am used to the Hampton-like breakfast at Homewood.
dmarge18 likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 7:20 am

Programs: UA Slvr, DL Slvr, AA plt, HH LTD, MR tit/LTP at least two of those buy 10 get 1 free coffee cards
HWS are actually some of my favorite properties. IMHO, the furnishings are of better quality and design than the H2S. Breakfast is not HGI level, but better than HI or
H2S, It actually feels like the best combination of a real apartment and a hotel.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I find the H2S studio room beats HS, as the latter are often tired properties. They're often priced with corporate wallets on mind though, so as an out of pocket guy the 5x earning is brutal on all but the cheapest rates. I prefer H2S breakfast sandwiches to HS reconstituted egg product in a large pan.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 10:57 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by aroundtheworld76
HWS are actually some of my favorite properties. IMHO, the furnishings are of better quality and design than the H2S. Breakfast is not HGI level, but better than HI or
H2S, It actually feels like the best combination of a real apartment and a hotel.
This is my sentiment as well.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 11:57 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
What is up with the 5x for H2S anyway? Who is going to earn half the points over a Homewood??
Old Feb 1, 2018, 12:01 pm

Programs: HH-Diamond, UA-1K, Marriott-Gold
As others have mentioned, H2S are newer so better furnished or at least newer furnishings, however I certainly prefer HWS for the better breakfast, evening reception and most importantly 10 points per dollar. Can't understand why H2S only gives 5 since the prices are not that much different.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 2:11 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
There are better Homewood's than others. For longer stays, if I can't find a Hilton resort I like, I prefer Homewood over H2S given the suite nature of the place, more room to spread out and do your own food if you want to. Don't really like the weekday evening food offerings or breakfasts but having your own kitchen (as one gets in a Homewood) or going out to a local restaurant easily fixes that. Some people like the weekday Homewood food as it fills the gap (and the bill) but it's probably the only thing I don't like!
Old Feb 1, 2018, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I find the H2S studio room beats HS, as the latter are often tired properties. They're often priced with corporate wallets on mind though, so as an out of pocket guy the 5x earning is brutal on all but the cheapest rates. I prefer H2S breakfast sandwiches to HS reconstituted egg product in a large pan.
Does either HWS or H2S standardly have hardboiled eggs (like Hampton does)? It's extremely hard to reconstitute hardboiled eggs, so those are on the only kind of eggs I eat at most complimentary breakfasts at hotels.

Are the H2S breakfast sandwiches not made with reconstituted eggs?
Old Feb 1, 2018, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
When I say reconstituted eggs, I meant the pan of scrambled ones. I think both brands have boiled eggs, but wouldn't swear to that.

I have no problem with reheated cheese omlets.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
What is up with the 5x for H2S anyway? Who is going to earn half the points over a Homewood??
Because on a $150 rate we’re talking points I value at $3. If the H2S is $20 cheaper out of my pocket, I will pocket the $17 in value. All things being equal I will take the points, but often they are not.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 2:25 pm

Programs: -UA 1K-Hilton Diamond-
I like Homewood much better. You can’t beat the breakfast and nightly receptions.
loomis likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 9:48 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Home2 Suites BNA

Some key takeaways:

- Price pointwas $50 less than a nearby Homewood Suites.
- Rooms have more personality than Homewood Suites.
- Kitchen area lacks stove.
- No nightly reception like the Homewood.

Old Apr 18, 2021, 7:05 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA, B6, BA (airline status-free leisure traveler), Hilton Diamond
Home2 Suites are pet friendly and only have studios

It is a Hilton standard that all Home2 Suites must be pet friendly. That is not the case with Homewood Suites though.

The "suites" in H2S are really just studios. Newly constructed HS have a mix of studios and one bedroom suites.

I prefer not to cope with animals, but like the extra space and evening reception at HS, so it is HS for me.
Brandinho1 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.