Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2019, 11:18 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond.
Day 1 review

Yacht transfer. Met expectations
Check in: above expectations. Staff and GM were very friendly
villa: exceeded expectations. You can tell that the villas are “new”. Lots of cool features. I’ve enjoyed the different areas and it feels very comfortable.
Food: only had the chance to do inroom dining twice. I would say that this has fallen short of expectations massively. I ordered a steak sandwich which I would say was cooked just ok. Truffle fries are decent. Salad was just ok. Chicken tikka wrap was decent if not slightly messy. late evening dining was a disaster. Most of the food was cold. If I wasn’t hungry because of having had food poisoning for the past few days I would’ve sent it back. The “hot dog” was a icecold dog. Lol.

Rating for the day 7/10 (mainly because of the food). Without the food it’s 9.5/10.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 11:33 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Rizla
Food: only had the chance to do inroom dining twice. I would say that this has fallen short of expectations massively. I ordered a steak sandwich which I would say was cooked just ok. Truffle fries are decent. Salad was just ok. Chicken tikka wrap was decent if not slightly messy. late evening dining was a disaster. Most of the food was cold. If I wasn’t hungry because of having had food poisoning for the past few days I would’ve sent it back. The “hot dog” was a icecold dog. Lol.

Rating for the day 7/10 (mainly because of the food). Without the food it’s 9.5/10.
Looking forward to your review of the tasting menus at Terra and The Rock, thanks in advance.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 1:01 pm

Could someone can make review of afternoon delights 4-5pm which is free for diamonds
What kind of snack and drinks can you get at Peacock Alley?

Any chance kids club photos and review is so.eone going g with you kids to stay at Waldorf?
Old Jul 12, 2019, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by mobilemario
Could someone can make review of afternoon delights 4-5pm which is free for diamonds
What kind of snack and drinks can you get at Peacock Alley?

Any chance kids club photos and review is so.eone going g with you kids to stay at Waldorf?
Check instagram, there is someone posting pictures of their child at various places on the island.. I recall one of them being the kids club.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 4:16 pm

So what I'm reading is- if you want decent snorkelling and marine life choose the Conrad. If you want a nicer overall hotel/room/transfer/stay then choose the WA.

As there have been almost no updates on the snorkelling I'm assuming that no one has found the unicorn patch of live coral and lots of macro sea life...
Old Jul 12, 2019, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by Cynicor
So what I'm reading is- if you want decent snorkelling and marine life choose the Conrad. If you want a nicer overall hotel/room/transfer/stay then choose the WA.

As there have been almost no updates on the snorkelling I'm assuming that no one has found the unicorn patch of live coral and lots of macro sea life...

I believe you read that from a single review in the Conrad blog from someone who has never snorkeled at the WA, much less even been there. Could end up being correct, but I am waiting to hear a review someone that has actually been there

TD
Old Jul 12, 2019, 7:55 pm

Not at all. There have been 2 or 3 here that have snorkelled now. Did you miss all the bit about the drop off etc?
Old Jul 12, 2019, 8:29 pm

I’m not a snorkling person. Don’t really care to do it and prob won’t.

If it helps I’ve seen a ton of fish from my room in the glass floor panel both day and night.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 9:41 pm

An update on the breakfast. It’s more than acceptable. Good selection. Good additional items.

If its good enough for the cliche fat Arab kids then I’m sure it’s good for us points redemption stayers.

Breakfast rating is a solid 8.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 9:50 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by mobilemario
Another couple who we bumped into several times said that the kids club is excellent; their child has an instgram account (found it by luck as he had tagged waldorfastoriamaldives on the postings) and boy I wished I had that life when I was 5 or so years old.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 10:48 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Royal Ambassor
Originally Posted by alanslegal
Another couple who we bumped into several times said that the kids club is excellent; their child has an instgram account (found it by luck as he had tagged waldorfastoriamaldives on the postings) and boy I wished I had that life when I was 5 or so years old.
https://instagram.com/ethanhenriarou...d=bt6g980ow4r1

that’s the Instagram account of that kid.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 11:34 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
My girlfriend and I did the dolphin cruise a few nights ago. It goes from 6-8 pm. We saw lots of dolphins and it’s a nice cruise of the atoll and only $75++ per person. Only two other guests were on the cruise.

Since we skipped lunch, we ate an early dinner beforehand by ordering off the menu in Peacock Alley at the end of happy hour, they’ve got a full menu there until 5 pm then they switch to tapas only.

Oh, and our transfer back to the airport was a private transfer on the luxury yacht, just us and a concierge.

Old Jul 13, 2019, 1:23 am

Programs: MAR Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Cynicor

​​​​​​Hello Cynicor, I am also super keen to read more reviews on snorkeling and marine life at WA. I am holding bookings for both but would like to settle as early as possible also to finalise flight schedule.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by scwam
What do you mean by these sentences?
He’s saying that the resort was designed as an exclusive, high end resort, aimed at a clientele who are less price sensitive than those whose only means of staying here is on points.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 5:42 am

Day 2

Today has been a better day for food.

Breakfast was very good. Lots of choice. No complaints apart from wish there was less pork (would mean more options for me). 8/10

lunch we visited the ledge. Very interesting concept. Food was good. It’s worth going once and better than in room dining! 8/10

spa: had a massage. The jet lag one. The spa is huge. I had my treatment in an overwater room. Incredible experience to be looking down at the water rather than empty space! Therapist was from Bali. Clearly experienced. I fell asleep. Felt a little short at 90mins. 8.5/10.

Note: I’ve given very few things a 10/10. For me those are outstanding experiences/almost once in a lifetime.

Great day spent swimming and relaxing. Life couldn’t be better!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.