Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2019, 9:01 pm

Programs: Airlines - Only in the pointy end on points, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jphripjah

Thanks what do E/N and PRPN mean on page 3? I’m having a little trouble understanding the pricing structure can someone give me an example of what’s included and how many nights using numbers on the sheet?
Looks like it means Extra Night Per Person
Old Jul 7, 2019, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by jphripjah

Thanks what do E/N and PRPN mean on page 3? I’m having a little trouble understanding the pricing structure can someone give me an example of what’s included and how many nights using numbers on the sheet?

yeah i think EN means extra night like another poster says above
and i think PRPN means per room per night

so looking at page 3,

----------------

if Mr and Mrs Smith books "Beach Villa with Pool" for a 3 nights stay in August 2019, then they pay the following
25,699 HKD x 2 persons (for 3 nights)

If they want to bring their teenage kid aged 16 years named Tom, then they have to pay an extra
17,299 HKD (for 3 nights)

If they want to extend their stay by 1 night to make it a total of 4 nights, they have to pay an extra
10,660 HKD (for Mr and Mrs Smith)
2,490 HKD (for Tom)

The above prices include the following for each traveller
▪ Round trip economy class ticket between Hong Kong & Maldives by Cathay Pacific (CX)
▪ Breakfast
▪ Roundtrip Speedboat Transfer between Male & Resort

The above prices exclude the following
▪ All ticket taxes (Fuel surcharge & Taxes) ~~ i assume this note is only relevant for the CX flight

Last edited by gnomey; Jul 7, 2019 at 10:09 pm
Old Jul 8, 2019, 12:50 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Thank you
Old Jul 8, 2019, 12:54 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by sergeysl
Thanks a lot for posting the pictures/videos, can't wait to get there in January 2020

Just curious, what is the bubbly wine in the arrival gift for Diamonds? Also, how is the gift in general?

Old Jul 8, 2019, 1:34 am

So the million dollar Yacht broke down or something and so they have arranged a speed boat for us for our ride back to the airport. They have refunded one way charges for this inconvenience that we don't mind at all
Old Jul 8, 2019, 2:17 am

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Originally Posted by Stivelio
So the million dollar Yacht broke down or something and so they have arranged a speed boat for us for our ride back to the airport. They have refunded one way charges for this inconvenience that we don't mind at all
Blessing in disguise? Please do report back on how choppy the waters are between the atolls though -- I hear it can get very bumpy.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 2:21 am

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Have any Golds stayed yet? Would be interesting to hear about the differences in benefits between Gold and Diamond, if any (apart from the spa discount which I won't be taking advantage of anyway).

Is the in-villa champagne the same? Broader snack selection for Diamonds? Different breakfast selection/a la carte menu? Any other points of differentiation?

Hilton Honors GOLD MEMBERS:
Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi Benefits:
  • In-villa VIP welcome Champagne, sweet and savoury amenities
  • Complimentary daily afternoon delights with a fine selection of beverages crafted by mixologist and sommelier from 16:00 to 17:00 at Peacock Alley
  • 50% special offer on selected beverages at Nava Beach Club from 22:00 to 23:30
Hilton Honors DIAMOND MEMBERS:
Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi Benefits:
  • In-villa VIP welcome Champagne, sweet and savoury amenities
  • With a selected 60-minute massage, enjoy a complimentary additional 30-minute at Waldorf Astoria Spa
  • Complimentary daily afternoon delights with a fine selection of beverages crafted by mixologist and sommelier from 16:00 to 17:00 at Peacock Alley
  • 50% special offer on selected beverages at Nava Beach Club from 22:00 to 23:30
Old Jul 8, 2019, 2:56 am

Originally Posted by Kilian Zoll
Is the in-villa champagne the same? Broader snack selection for Diamonds? Different breakfast selection/a la carte menu? Any other points of differentiation?
The happy hour snack selection has to be the same for everyone, they bring you one of those towers with pastries on them, there's no way they're doing different ones for Diamond v. Gold.

Also, for breakfast, you walk in they hand you a menu and point you to the buffet. There's no way there's a separate menu for Gold v. Diamond. There's no one guarding the buffet's bacon offering asking for your status before letting you take some.

Speaking of bacon, I could see some of our British friends being disappointed that they don't serve British style "rashers" at breakfast, they serve American bacon. You know, dark red, you can pick up a piece and and snap it in half.

There are also no pork sausages, only chicken sausage and beef (or turkey?) sausage. I think the bacon is the only pork breakfast offering, and it's right in the middle of the display, it's not sequestered off to the side of the buffet like they do in some Muslim countries.

They do have baked beans though, for the Brits, presumably.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 3:19 am

I arrived yesterday, July 7. So far, I’m in love with everything. From the yacht transfer, my two bedded Reef villa, the diamond member breakfast, happy hour drinks (I don’t like that there is no HH bites though - I’m not into pastries for HH). I haven’t went out to dinner yet. I was kind of tired last night and wanted to relax. I guess I will have a lavish experience tomorrow July 9 for my birthday. I will also enjoy my VIP complimentary champagne tomorrow. On another note, if you are staying here right now feel free to come say hi. I will be at HH every night. You can’t miss me. I’m the only woman of color on the property besides my mother.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 3:25 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Of the people at the resort now, which room did you book, and which room did you receive? Just scanning the last few pages it seems nobody is being upgraded? If so then I am surprised about the lack of upgrades, not a major issue but if I was GM of a new hotel I would want to be generous from the start and create good publicity. Also if nobody is being upgraded, people staying in non-Beach Villas are on cash bookings or paid upgrades in greater numbers than I expected.

Thanks to all who contributed tidbits of reviews during their stay so far. ^
Old Jul 8, 2019, 3:48 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Eschalon
I arrived yesterday, July 7. So far, I’m in love with everything. From the yacht transfer, my two bedded Reef villa, the diamond member breakfast, happy hour drinks (I don’t like that there is no HH bites though - I’m not into pastries for HH). I haven’t went out to dinner yet. I was kind of tired last night and wanted to relax. I guess I will have a lavish experience tomorrow July 9 for my birthday. I will also enjoy my VIP complimentary champagne tomorrow. On another note, if you are staying here right now feel free to come say hi. I will be at HH every night. You can’t miss me. I’m the only woman of color on the property besides my mother.
HH is at 10pm at Nava, and AT is at 4pm at Peacock Alley. Ill be at PA shortly and im the chubby chinese guy who will be bare feet
Old Jul 8, 2019, 4:33 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by Eschalon
my birthday is the 10th!

im arriving on Friday and staying for one week.

Thanks to everyone who has commented or left a post of any kind while staying.

Its really good to get an idea of what to expect.

I am Muslim myself and am not fussed about the pork offerings. Yeah it helps for it to be separate but I understand that you guys can’t live without your bacon! Lol.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 5:17 am

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Not Male, that's for sure. Another resort I guess as it doesn't look like a residential / built up island either.

Very useful info but there is a problem with that. 208 is a suite.
What do you mean when you say it's a suite? A two bedroom villa? I don't see "suite" as a room classification at this resort. I just copied and pasted the list of King Beach Villas numbers they sent me, it certainly could be wrong.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 5:18 am

Originally Posted by alanslegal
HH is at 10pm at Nava, and AT is at 4pm at Peacock Alley. Ill be at PA shortly and im the chubby chinese guy who will be bare feet
I saw one not terribly chubby Chinese guy with a wife and young daughter today but he left Peacock Alley early at 4:30 after consuming only one Heineken so I figured he couldn't be an FTer.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 5:24 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
I'd just like to thank everyone currently on their holidays taking the time to post all this information. It's really helpful, and I'm feeling a lot more optimistic about my upcoming stay in November.

Early days yet, but certainly I'm not as concerned as I was a week ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.