Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2019, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by jphripjah
To be fair, one of the complaints about Conrad Maldives Rangali Island was "Can't see the beach/ocean from my villa." I imagine these villas have curtains.
Sort of a damned if you do. Damned if you don’t situation.

TD
Old Jul 5, 2019, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by mikewhyatt
Here you go, the breakfast does look quite subpar.

I've had better omelettes at HGIs! Please tell me there will be a buffet. Otherwise it will be disappointing if the Conrad Rangali has a better breakfast.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
I've had better omelettes at HGIs! Please tell me there will be a buffet. Otherwise it will be disappointing if the Conrad Rangali has a better breakfast.
There is a buffet.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 8:54 pm

Reef Villa with a decent sunset view
Old Jul 5, 2019, 9:53 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Thanks @alanslegal for all the pics and info. ^ Really appreciate it. No doubt you'll be busy over the next few days with everyone's requests and whatnot but don't feel obliged to do too much. You need to relax as much as possible.

And a real shame they haven't designed the villas with enough foilage to prevent others from seeing inside and arguably not high enough walls between the villas. That's stupid and will indeed be a dealbreaker for many.
Thanks mate, we are still super excited (23hrs here) and still cool with sharing as many things as we can (damn social media world!) We'll settle down later today and by day three we are sure will zone out completely.

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
Anxious to see the breakfast buffet pics in 12 hours

TD
This is The Tasting Plate restaurant, air conditioned indoor and outdoor deck spaces. The spread is small but excellent imo. Cereals, middle eastern, noodle bar, pastries, hams, cheeses, 7 types of cut fruit, 6 types whole fruit, multi types of berries, bread. Also order off the menu.

Old Jul 5, 2019, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by alanslegal
Thanks mate, we are still super excited (23hrs here) and still cool with sharing as many things as we can (damn social media world!) We'll settle down later today and by day three we are sure will zone out completely.

This is The Tasting Plate restaurant, air conditioned indoor and outdoor deck spaces. The spread is small but excellent imo. Cereals, middle eastern, noodle bar, pastries, hams, cheeses, 7 types of cut fruit, 6 types whole fruit, multi types of berries, bread. Also order off the menu.

Thanks for those!

Are the menu items, in the picture, included in the free breakfast for Gold/Diamonds?

TD
Old Jul 5, 2019, 10:32 pm

That breakfast spread looks almost as good as one of the airport lounges in China. WOooohh!
Old Jul 5, 2019, 10:41 pm

I have just uploaded an unedited video of our bike ride to morning breakfast, hope it gives an idea about the greenery ... but I think another 12-18 months before it reaches optimal greenery. That said, I would not hesitate to book or stay here now either.

https://youtu.be/gSvCQiSXbUw
Old Jul 5, 2019, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by scwam
That breakfast spread looks almost as good as one of the airport lounges in China. WOooohh!
But the pots are really shiny!
Old Jul 5, 2019, 10:49 pm

Your video looks tons better than the video posted on Youtube weeks ago. At least it doesn't look like an Arabian desert here.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave

Thanks for those!

Are the menu items, in the picture, included in the free breakfast for Gold/Diamonds?

TD
Included for diamonds. Not quite sure about Gold
Old Jul 5, 2019, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
But the pots are really shiny!
My 2 cents about the breakfast is that it's ok. My favorite so far has been the JW Marriott in HK for reference.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 11:11 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Royal Ambassor

So the breakfast menu is only rhat one page ?
Where is the Avocado Bruschetta from the online Menu?

Last edited by mb123; Jul 6, 2019 at 12:16 am
Old Jul 6, 2019, 12:13 am

Terra and Family Pool

Riding our bicycles again and zoomed past Terra and ended up at the family pool .... it's totally empty except us. Around 40 sun lounges, well spaced.

Here's the unedited video

https://youtu.be/39q5e10puFQ
Old Jul 6, 2019, 12:23 am

Originally Posted by alanslegal
Riding our bicycles again and zoomed past Terra and ended up at the family pool .... it's totally empty except us. Around 40 sun lounges, well spaced.

Here's the unedited video

https://youtu.be/39q5e10puFQ
Will look a lot better once the palm trees grow out. Thanks for all the photos and videos!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.