Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2019, 4:34 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Kilian Zoll
The fact that you can see the next door villa makes this look a bit like a suburban residential street instead of a Maldives resort. Hopefully the greenery behind will grow tall enough to provide proper partition between the villas.
Originally Posted by pineapple_09
Love it! Is there much privacy at the beach villas like at the Conrad or is it more open?

We enjoy the pool overlooking the beach however you can lack privacy (ie guests can see past your pool, into your open bathroom and into the back outdoor shower) IF they happen to walk by on the beach. Now for your neighbours, yes they can see you and vice versa. The fence could be another feet higher on one side, and the other side could have been extended further towards the beach by a metre or so.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 5:19 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by alanslegal
(ie guests can see past your pool, into your open bathroom and into the back outdoor shower)
Sorry... You can see into your shower from the beach?
Old Jul 5, 2019, 6:21 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
Wow that would be a dealbreaker for me if guests can see into your bathroom and shower ...
Old Jul 5, 2019, 6:27 am

Programs: United Premier 1K; Alaska MVP 75K; Hilton Honors Diamond; Hertz Pres Circle
We enjoy the pool overlooking the beach however you can lack privacy (ie guests can see past your pool, into your open bathroom and into the back outdoor shower) IF they happen to walk by on the beach. Now for your neighbours, yes they can see you and vice versa. The fence could be another feet higher on one side, and the other side could have been extended further towards the beach by a metre or so.
Any news on the upgrade situation and benefits for Diamonds?
Old Jul 5, 2019, 6:40 am

Shower situation similar in reef Villa as well
Old Jul 5, 2019, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by goldelite8

Any news on the upgrade situation and benefits for Diamonds?
i don't believe there is any free room upgrade option available for diamond. The other privileges are in the screenshot

Old Jul 5, 2019, 6:48 am

Programs: United Premier 1K; Alaska MVP 75K; Hilton Honors Diamond; Hertz Pres Circle
Thanks for posting. I notice that breakfast isn’t listed on that handout. Is breakfast included?
Old Jul 5, 2019, 6:54 am

You weren't kidding about the island being long! The StR was much more compact and walkable by comparison.

Old Jul 5, 2019, 7:14 am

Anybody know which pods the nespresso machine uses in room? Is it the flat disc pods or the regular normal pods? Tia.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 7:15 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Do like the 50% off selected drinks from 10-11:30 p.m. Noting how quiet the Rangali Bar at CM can be late night, would be nice for them to do the same. Wouldn't hurt.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by goldelite8
Thanks for posting. I notice that breakfast isn’t listed on that handout. Is breakfast included?
Yes I was told breakfast is complimentary for diamond at the "tasting table"
Old Jul 5, 2019, 7:31 am

Wow that would be a dealbreaker for me if guests can see into your bathroom and shower ...
Yeah complete privacy is what they haven't not gone for in both BV and RV and I haven't looked at OWV yet but my guess is that they have similar pattern there as well
Old Jul 5, 2019, 7:56 am

Programs: LT NoN REV
I'm curious about the complimentary afternoon delights....LOL...are they Ritz crackers without cheese?
your feedback is appreciated.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 8:16 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Sorry... You can see into your shower from the beach?
Here is a photo from the beach looking into our villa where you can see both bathroom and bedroom very clearly (samsung s8 2x zoom but much clearer to the eye). You get the same idea during the day but we spent 2 hours by our pool and noone at our beach, we snorkled and visibility very poor due to currents etc.

Old Jul 5, 2019, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by Stivelio
Yeah complete privacy is what they haven't not gone for in both BV and RV and I haven't looked at OWV yet but my guess is that they have similar pattern there as well
If I can’t sunbathe nude at my “private” pool it kinda defeats the point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.